Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
Now that Paralives is an actual real thing people won't have to deny it anymore (Steam has a whole page dedicated to it) will you buy it and or continue to wait on TS5's possible MMO? After reading all the job openings for Maxis new AAA game, it's very possible (looking like it's true) that TS5 will probably be multiplayer in some form or fashion..will you jump ship with Maxis?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    I will admit I haven't followed the Paralives' team as much as others. I could have gotten some ideas in there I guess if I had. lol I'm not sure I like the art style at all, the pictures on Steam of the houses etc. remind me of TS1 and I might need a more real looking game (or at least as much as TS2-TS4) real looking (3D) textured objects, homes, environment, Sims etc. At least as real looking as the past three Maxis games rather than returning back to a time of how those homes in Paralives remind me of TS1.

But Maxis seems to be on track to build a AAA game that is possibly not at all my cup of tea (at least I did buy a lot of TS4). If Maxis does do that to the Simming community I may have no other choice but to go with Paralives, because I do really want a new 'Sim' game and the new has worn off of TS4 for me a long time ago and time for a new game. It offers so many things in it that I wanted in TS4, the fourth iteration of The Sims, but doesn't have or wait years to see...so yeah, I'm thinking more and more about that little Indie game more and more. If it was soon I know I would go ahead and try Paralives and possibly buy it if it was released within the next few months.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I'm going to buy Paralives and leave Sims forever IF it's as good as I'm hoping.

So glad there's competition out there! It might make EA think about how they go about creating the next generation of sims.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    It will definitely be cheaper when out, so regardless, I will buy it as soon as it hits Early Access. I'm trying to cut back on my negativity, but I still think TS5, given what EA perceives as the current market trends in the industry, will be a dumpster fire.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    I very rarely make a decision whether or not to buy something that I might be interested in before it's released. So while I do have some amount of interest, I'm fine with a wait-and-see plan. As for ditching other games in favor of a new one, that's also a wait-and-see thing. I will say, however, that if TS5 does indeed end up heavily featuring online play, I'll be skipping that one.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    i will buy both if the sims5 is an offline game other wise will go to paralive and stick with sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Other
    I don't plan on buying Paralives since it doesn't really interest me; I will probably stick with older Sims games from TS4 downwards. IF TS5 is an offline game I may consider it, but there's a 99.9% chance I won't buy it if it becomes an MMO.
    they/them or she/her
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    I am in to gameplay and it seem to be a very weak part of Paralives. I have created a lot of precious Sims in Sims 4, and if the basegame for Sims 5 looks like Sims 4 it will take a long time to be interesting.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Other
    I like games, so I'm sure I'll get Paralives and try it on release or if I hear of a beta version to try out, depending on price point. I'm not following news on it closely. I don't have too because news of it comes to these forums so I can find out any new changes by looking here. :D
    I've seen the graphics and they don't wow me, but they are bright enough so it could still be a good game for me.

I'm also sure I'll try "Sims 5" when it's released even if it is an MMO because I have a few friends I know I can play it with if it comes to that. I doubt I'd pay for a subscription though unless it's as a lark for a few months. I have real issues with ongoing subscription support of any game if I'm not playing and enjoying it constantly. I've only done that once long ago, and there were not many other games that I was interested in playing at that time. I will seriously hope that it has a single player mode .. like many other games I play now. I'm assuming if all this turns out to be true it will. I have a bunch of games now that I don't pay extra for.. I just join someone else's server and play with others that way, or I can still play little games like Raft without extra cost when just playing with a few friends. So I'm not assuming it will be pricey beyond the initial game cost (or sales cost) either way.

If I can't play it single player though.. and it doesn't have the elements I want a sims game to have then I will be disappointed. Mostly because it would probably be many more years until another Sims game comes out. I sat through not playing Sims 3 .. so I can sit out another game if I don't like it. I'll still have Sims 4 if that's the case and other games I have or might have (including Paralives).

egTcBMc.png
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Other
    Depends on whether TS5 is better than TS4 or if Paralives looks better. I'm just waiting to see which looks best and has features I want.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    If Paralives can deliver on personality im willing to try. If ts5 looks garbage ill keep playing sims 2 as usual
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I like sandbox games that allow you to build, so I will buy both. Which one I will play depends on which one I like the best. I will give them both a fair shake and then decide. The one with the best build mode will earn my patronage. I must admit that I am disappointed in the way Sims 4 is going, so Sims 5 will have to kick butt and give us a great base game (that is not lacking) to keep my interests.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Other
    Chances are, I probably won't get either. I don't care for the art style/graphics of Paralives at all and from what've seen of it so far... it just doesn't seem that "good" to me. (My personal opinion, please don't attack me.) Like there's not enough that interests me to overlook the art style.

If Sims 5 is going to be a purely online MMO, there's absolutely no chance that I'll buy it. If it just offers an MMO mode but is still offline, I may consider it. If it somehow looks like it will be much better than TS4 and I actually like the art style.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    Sims 4 will be it for me I think. Paralives doesn’t interest me at all because the characters look weird and I just can’t get into it, and I am not interested in multiplayer, subscription, online gameplay so if that’s TS5 it’s a no go. I saw what happened with ACNH with people friending people and playing nice for awhile only to come back and trash their builds when they were offline. No thanks. Whatever the end of 4 looks like, I will complete it with dlc, and likely mods and cc and play it until I can’t anymore.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Other
    Paralives looks interesting, but I still need to see more before I would say with any certainty I will buy it. If the Sims 5 is online I won't buy it period.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Other
    I don't know. This is the first I've heard of it, so I did a quick search and just watched the English Simmer's video. I'm mostly unimpressed with the Para, itself. If some think Sims4 Sims are too cartoony, this Para, named Sebastian, is certainly way more so in my own estimation. Plus, the pool water was unimpressive compared to Sims. I may just stick with Sims4, as I'm not even slightly happy about Sims5 being or possibly being a MMO. That's the entire reason I wasn't interested in Sims4, in the beginning. It was only after the announcement came that it was to be single player, that I began reading up on just what Sims4 might have to offer. So, unless or until I learn something more enticing about this Paralives, I may just pass on it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm not digging the parafolk in Paralives, I guess I'm a snob. But they look extremely amateurish to me. They are also going with a non-binary base shape for the parafolks which I feel might hinder making actual females look like females, the bone structure is way too masculine to me.

I will wait and see once it's released if the gameplay can actually make me overlook the "look" of the parafolks before I contemplate buying it.

I do like the push/pull aspect of freely being able to adjust counters, desks, sofas, windows, lamps, etc. And as a CC creator, I'm sure I would immediately want to start creating for this game as well but I'm concerned about how the textures and patterns (such as florals, wood grains, geometric textures, etc) would stretch on the object when using that function.

But I don't think Paralives will be released any time soon (probably not for another 2-3 years or more), and it's also quite possible that the game will never actually be finished.

As far as TS5 as a subscription service and/or MMO type game ........ that's not my jam. I play Second Life, that's enough of a "socialization/competition" type virtual world for me.

So TS5 will more than likely be a hard pass for me.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Other
    I see no reason why not to buy both of them if they both look interesting. We know very little about Paralives gameplay right now and nothing at all about TS5. I liked the stretch and customization function on the kitchen furniture in Paralives and the free placement of windows but whether I'll buy it or not depends on how the finished game will be.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Other
    Other: I don't plan to buy either. I enjoy Sims 4 already and don't feel a need to switch.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    Buying Paralives by no means implys leaving The Sims for me, I'm buying a product or two, not pledging my loyalty to a cult.

That said, I need more information first. If the new games have anything resembling story progression, then no thanks, my Sims 2 and 4 serve me well enough. I'm also worried that neither game might support mods (Sims 5 as an "anti-cheating" measure and Paralives iirc stated they'd release their own style packs, problem is that those packs most likely won't be the elf ears and robot parts that I'll eventually crave in my life simulators.)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'm going to buy Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's game as soon as they are released because they'll be new and I'm very curious about them. Artstyle isn't as important as gameplay and I want to see how much depth and flexibility they have to customize them into my own playstyle. I'm going to wait with how TS5 turns out and how much of it is online as opposed to singleplayer (do you have to play multiplayer side to get new things for example) and if it is subscription based (automatic no).

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    Paralives doesn't look or sound interesting to me at the moment, from what I've seen it doesn't feel like an upgrade from the official Sims games so I'm not interested. And it looks like it'll be one of those games that'll stay community funded and won't be released for a very long time, if ever. Sims 5 I'm reserving judgement until we know anything concrete, but I'll probably stick with 4 until 5 has the packs that make the game fun for me.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Other
    I'm interested in Paralives for the build. I like that we will be able to stretch objects to the size we want and the way they're doing the split level option looks interesting. I also like that we will be able to make our own custom lot shapes and sizes. I need to see their roof and landscaping tools before I can make a decision on whether I will get the game or not. If it offers exactly what I am looking for then I will get it.

I'm quite happy with Sims 4 so if a Sims 5 comes out it will have to have something amazing for me to get it. I'm having too much fun with Island Living and Snowy Escape to give that up for a Sims 5. At this point nothing has been confirmed about a Sims 5. I probably won't get it though and if I do it won't be at release. I don't see any need to when I can just keep playing Sims 4.

Either game I won't be getting as soon as they're released. If I do decide to get Paralives I will still play Sims. At the moment I'll probably have Paralives for building and Sims 4 for gameplay.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top