Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Snowy Escape: Nov. 2020

Comments

• Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Seeing the patch notes I've seen that sims will now prefer the kitchen sink over the bathroom sink for washing dishes. Testing that in a new game and yeah, it does actually appear to be fixed. Makes me think Don't Wash Dishes Where you Angry Poop may no longer be needed? Idk if you would consider it no longer needed since it does actually provide sink disabling functionality, but the issue it was fixing is gone.

Personally, I'd rather keep it as long as it still works. I like the idea of picking and choosing which sinks and counters my sims can cook on.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @gettps That's useful feedback :) Thank you!

Updated Mods
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • by Lumpinou: all mods not above
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Updated Mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TSPJTSPJ Posts: 27 Member
    TwixxBar07 wrote: »
    > @lowaaa_5 said:
    > The game will not let me enable my mods and custom content. I enable them, apply changes, close the game, turn off my computer, and then I turn my computer on open the game and my mods are disabled. I do not know how to fix this. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

@Iowaaa_5, I've run into this issue before, and it's actually not a mods issue. The options.ini file has been corrupted. Try moving it out of the Sims 4 folder to your desktop, then start up the game and reset all options to your preference. Then restart the game again and see if the changes saved. If yes, go ahead and delete the option.ini from your desktop. If no, then.... I have no idea.

I've had this before as well. You may need to let the game rebuild everything in the Sims 4 folder. That is, take out your Mods, Saved Games and Tray folders. Put them somewhere safe for now, like your desktop. Delete everything in the Sims 4 folder. Now start the game. Then exit the game. Put your Mods, Saved Games and Tray folder back in the Sims 4 folder. Start the game, you may need to redo your options and the game will tell you that you have new things, like packs, but it should let you turn on script mods now.
  • Options
    Mod Updated from LittleMsSam
    • Autonomous Gardening
    • Autonomous go Jogging when Sims are Stressed & Children can Jog too
    • Autonomous Pay Bills at Computers
    • Better Butler (and Hire more Butler)
    • Better Nanny (Second Nanny & more)
    • Carryable Performance Stage plus Sing Songs!
    • Collectibles (Rock Digging) Rework (Slower/Harder)
    • Food Delivery Service
    • Foster Family
    • Higher/Longer Payments for Apps, Games & more
    • Hire certain Sims (incl. Family Members) at Restaurants
    • Hire certain Vet Employees
    • Housewarming Party (instead of Welcome Wagon)
    • Kids can go for a Walk with Dogs
    • Let Friends Age Up
    • Live in Business
    • Marketstalls | Toddler can Order & More Food Options
    • More Away Actions & Vampire Fix
    • More Best Friends
    • More Buyable Venues and new Venue Types
    • More Servings Options & Better MealTime Menus
    • More Woodworks
    • New Precious Treasures
    • New Vampire Powers | “Be able to eat Human Food”, “Enable own Mirror Reflection”, “Stop Hissing” and more
    • No Outfit Changing | Custom LotTrait & Traits
    • No/Less Autonomous Picker (Dollhouse, TV, Dance)
    • Objects don’t share Inventory
    • Parenting Skill for Teens & more
    • Personal Objects (Computer, Tablets & more)
    • Power Napping on Sofas
    • Pregnancy Overhaul
    • Random Bug Fixes
    • Random Small Mods
    • Retail Overhaul (Hire certain Employees/Better Shopping as a Customer & more)
    • SimDa Dating App
    • Skate Everywhere
    • Sleep All Night
    • Slower Writing
    • Small Invite to Hang Out Overhaul
    • Stereos | Retro Station enabled
    • Teach me the Rumbasim
    • Tiny Elevators For Pets
    • Watch Movie and Be Quiet please
    • WEE Working Elevators Everywhere
    Random Bug Fixes:
    • Elevator Fix & Death NPC Weather Fix updated
    • Nesting Blocks Mentor Fix might be obsolete so test without it for a while
    • Playing Together Fix is obsolete, EA made the exact changes i made in my Fix!
    Random Small Mods:
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_NoAutoClubGathering
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_ChangeIntoEverydayWhenInside
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_VampiresNoColdBreath
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_UmbrellaAutoOpenOnRainyDaysOnly
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_BetterQualityDrinksBackyardTray
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_NoBlindDateCall
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_BouncerOnlyHomelessSims
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_FanStansOnlyHomelessSims
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_NewHugAnimationIfConfident
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_SmallGetFamousReactionsOverhaul
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_DoMoreWhileUsingEarbuds
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_AutoCheckToddlerTweaks
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_PurchasedItemsViaMailDelivered
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_LivestreamForEveryone
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_TeenCanBuyLotteryTicket
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_NPCAutoMassageTable
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_LessKickSoccerBallWith
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_MeatWallForEveryone
    • LittleMsSam_RSM_NoAutoDiveForMealsInDumpster

Reported Fine by Creator
    • by LittleMsSam: all mods not listed above
  • Options
    TwixxBar07TwixxBar07 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @TSPJ said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I've had this before as well. You may need to let the game rebuild everything in the Sims 4 folder. That is, take out your Mods, Saved Games and Tray folders. Put them somewhere safe for now, like your desktop. Delete everything in the Sims 4 folder. Now start the game. Then exit the game. Put your Mods, Saved Games and Tray folder back in the Sims 4 folder. Start the game, you may need to redo your options and the game will tell you that you have new things, like packs, but it should let you turn on script mods now.

I'd try removing the options.ini file first. It's the quicker than rebuilding the files.
  • Options
    LumpinouLumpinou Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks for your work Luth, I was coming here to let you know my mod statuses, but you already had somehow gathered that info and updated your list! You are amazing :)
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Hey, don't see anything on More Clubs Per Sim - I assume it's broken? Haven't had a chance to update yet, but now that more mods are being updated I should be able to soon so I can test some things. I'm just surprised that it's not on the list yet lol, since it pretty much breaks with every patch.
  • Options
    ScaperClaudiaScaperClaudia Posts: 102 Member
    edited November 2020
    FYI ClaudiaSharon's Careers and Trait are broken as well, awaiting mod constructor update from Zerbu and Neia's careers update. -Source: Still me lol.

Also, who is frank and gettps? Do they go as different names, I want to make sure I don't have their mods or if I have them, etc.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Also, who is frank and gettps? Do they go as different names, I want to make sure I don't have their mods or if I have them, etc.

Just google "MTS gettp" It'll be at the top.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    My mod adult skills for children on MTS may be broken. Won’t know until I update my game. I will update later this week or next week
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Thanks @ScaperClaudia ! This is frank: https://mods.frankkulak.com/#/
    @WildIrishBanshee Oddly, I haven't seen a report on that one! If someone could test it I'd be grateful <3
    @Lumpinou it was in my email :smiley:

Updated Mods
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • by SimRealist: Private Practice main mod and careers, SNB
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Just curious are loading screens not base game kind but sky or starry night sky loading screen are they broken too?
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    Thanks @peterskywalker !
    Not that I've seen reports of yet @Emo-usagi2187
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I went into my Test Save household and got the message that a Build item was deleted, but I don't use any CC, build or otherwise, and I can't tell what item was deleted. Could have just been a glitch but it was weird...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I went into my Test Save household and got the message that a Build item was deleted, but I don't use any CC, build or otherwise, and I can't tell what item was deleted. Could have just been a glitch but it was weird...

I think it's a game glitch.
  • Options
    TabbooEmuTabbooEmu Posts: 3 New Member
    @luthienrising my Anbu career mod is updated and working again. Thanks so much for doing these megathreads!! :)
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    so what mod is blocking the sims profile?
  • Options
    ayzlarry123ayzlarry123 Posts: 7 New Member
    can't figure out which mod it is yet. but all of my beds, sofas, etc have just straight up disappeared. anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    it was not any little miss sam mods i took all out it still happened. I have beds and sofas
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Thanks, @TabbooEmu !
    @bandit5 IIRC TOOL does that. Others may too. See the front page.
    @ayzlarry123 It's a mod that we can't mention here.

Updated Mods
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • by Robin: all mods
    Post edited by luthienrising on
  • Options
    > @ayzlarry123 said:
    > can't figure out which mod it is yet. but all of my beds, sofas, etc have just straight up disappeared. anyone else having this issue?

note: i updated lumpinou/ littlemssame, cleared cache, and removed basemental and mccc at the same time and no longer have the issue
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Thanks, @TabbooEmu !
    > @bandit5 IIRC TOOL does that. Others may too. See the front page.
    > @ayzlarry123 It's a mod that we can't mention here.
    >
    > Updated Mods* Naruto: Anbu Black Ops Career (TabooEmu)
    > * Sims 4 Multiplayer Mod (Sims4Multiplayer)
    >
    >
    > Reported Fine by Creator* by Robin: all mods

ohhh thank you, i just figured out what it was actually, thank u though!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @bandit5 If it's not one of the mods reported broken or updated on p.1, you'll need to do a 50-50 to identify the problem.

Post edited by luthienrising on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I took out all ks mods and it works so going put slice of life back and see if works and if does then life decider. It is ks preschool mod.
    Post edited by bandit5 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top