Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Complaining Thread

Comments

• Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Found out from another thread they're putting weather conditions in with this pack aswell even without seasons which is really disappointing. Snow is one thing but weather is a massive part of seasons and it should stay that way
    You can get Thundersnow in the mountain region

Simmers who don't have seasons will still get Icy Conditions,Blizzards and Thundersnow

I think in the next iteration basic weather should come with the base game and then expanded upon in a Seasons pack.

I agree. Basic weather should be built into the base game, and a seasons pack should add variations on the weather but mostly focus on seasonal activities, holidays, interactions (more romantic interactions for love day, more familial interactions for family holidays, and more party type interactions based on Spooky Day and New Years) and festivals that are well developed and have depth. I'm tired of this model where everything is broken into a DLC and feels disjointed.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Just finished watching a let's play. The caves are a rabbit hole, so exploring is just a dialog box that tells you what they did or saw. I mentioned this in the other thread, but I don't like that it's setup this way. It should take me to a location like the forgotten grotto or be more like exploring the tombs in Sims 3 World Adventure. I'm still excited about this pack, but I am still annoyed about the missed opportunities.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Is anyone sure this will be fun after a week? I mean I like new content and the world is gorgeous but I barely even play in Sulani and I can’t take the error on NAPs that I getting when sims roughhouse. It seems like every mod I try doesn’t work.

Hopefully Today's Patch will fix the NAPs and as for Sulani now that we can vacation there with rentals I'll be using it more.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Just finished watching a let's play. The caves are a rabbit hole, so exploring is just a dialog box that tells you what they did or saw. I mentioned this in the other thread, but I don't like that it's setup this way. It should take me to a location like the forgotten grotto or be more like exploring the tombs in Sims 3 World Adventure. I'm still excited about this pack, but I am still annoyed about the missed opportunities.

I was hoping for an open ice cave that we could explore and with a waterfall inside.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    @rambahadoer
    I agree on the tea set being missed opportunity. It would of been great to see sims have some tea at the new table. Maybe even let our sins host a tea ceremony.

I do plan on using the tea maker we already have in game to kinda do it but a traditional japanese tea set would of been nice.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I think the caves in Granite Falls are also just a dialog box if I’m not mistaken; so they’re just expanding on that.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sims 4 being a closed world game already should try to at least eliminate rabbithole altogether or atleast give the players an option whether we can follow sims exploring the cave or they do it on their own. the amount of rabbithole contents is already equal to that of a sims 3.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

The game definitely has some major autonomy issues that's for sure. I got very annoyed with it a few weeks back because my sims wouldn't sit down to watch TV. It's actually what made me almost give up on the game and inspired me to give TS3 a try.

Sims 3 gets bashed alot for its bugs and lag, but Sims 4 has plenty of it's own issues and they get worse every time you add more content. I do think the Sims in Sims 4 look better without needing as much CC, and build mode is easier, but Sims 2 and 3 were simply more fun to play. Also Sims 4 Sims are a bit too cartoon like for my tastes.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I'm just disappointed they didn't add any occults to this pack, Japanese Mythology and Folklore are very interesting and definitely worth reading.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm just disappointed they didn't add any occults to this pack, Japanese Mythology and Folklore are very interesting and definitely worth reading.
    This, it's such a waste. We could have had yetis, oni, the Yuki-Onna. At least I can make a white-skinned witch with ice powers and pretend it's the latter.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Also I saw Lilsimsies stream on the pack yesterday and it sort of confirmed my thoughts on the winter sports, she seemed to get bored of them and move on after using them about twice. Not sure why they'd make such a big thing out of these activities since lets be honest they aren't very interesting. You just see an animation of your sim going down a slope and that's it
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2020
    If Sims 5 does decide to show itself it should have much more as an base game than what Sims 4 had which for me was Bleh! Even now I cannot see no greatness in Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Also I saw Lilsimsies stream on the pack yesterday and it sort of confirmed my thoughts on the winter sports, she seemed to get bored of them and move on after using them about twice. Not sure why they'd make such a big thing out of these activities since lets be honest they aren't very interesting. You just see an animation of your sim going down a slope and that's it

I mean it’s what you make it tho. If you’re a good storyteller then the pack will last longer because you aren’t skiing all the time or snowboarding and such. lilsimsie isn’t much of a storyteller so she just plays to play so of
    Course she’s gonna seem bored.

• Options

I mean it’s what you make it tho. If you’re a good storyteller then the pack will last longer because you aren’t skiing all the time or snowboarding and such. lilsimsie isn’t much of a storyteller so she just plays to play so of

For $40 no one should have to use their imagination to make a headline feature have replay value.

True
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options

For $40 no one should have to use their imagination to make a headline feature have replay value.

Do why even play the sims if you don’t have an imagination...

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

To be fair we could make that argument for any animation though? How many times can you watch sims play ping pong? Throw water balloons? Play video games?
    It's just another activity to do on occasions along with everything else as sims play out their life story. The entire game is repetitive.

The only complaint I have is I would have love to see families hike while carrying toddlers.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The only complaint I have is I would have love to see families hike while carrying toddlers.
    Aww yes, in one of those back pack carrier things. That would have been so cute.
  • Options
    Since the thread is titled "Temporary" it would be great if we post all the complaining in a single thread and hopefully the mod will merge the posts on this thread to a new one here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983607/the-one-only-snowy-escape-complaining-thread#latest
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

To be fair we could make that argument for any animation though? How many times can you watch sims play ping pong? Throw water balloons? Play video games?

Ping pong and water balloons aren't a main feature of a pack
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

It's just another activity to do on occasions along with everything else as sims play out their life story. The entire game is repetitive.

Life is repetitive and this is a game of life.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Ping pong and water balloons aren't a main feature of a pack

But it could be any main feature. The point is that you repeat it over and over no matter what the feature is right?
    But no matter I was just wondering what else they could have done that wouldn't be something with repeat animations to keep people from getting bored?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm rather intrigued by the Proper trait. Would love a proper club to go against my evil club. Shame this trait is locked to this EP.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Do why even play the sims if you don’t have an imagination...

Sims 4 is an visual game unlike text only games which was the norm before graphics made an appearance and you had to 100% rely on your imagination. But being Sims 4 is mainly an visual type of game it should have tools to use in conjunction with one's imagination and for me there is not an whole lot of tools. Some of the packs have limited sandbox play so there is an limitation on the imagination and an Sims is an visual type game with tools that assist the end user to create what you are imagining and if there is an lack of tools like Create a Style which one could truly create out of this world designs and also one way challenge everything, CAW which one can create their own worlds or neighborhoods to how they want it to look and not how EA/Maxis want us to see it as it limits creativity, I can go on but I think I will end it here.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen