Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Complaining Thread

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also here's a list of features from SE that are just ripped off from other packs:

Snow - Seasons
    Weather - Seasons
    Camping - Outdoor Retreat
    Tents - Outdoor Retreat
    Hiking - Outdoor Retreat
    Festivals - City Living
    The Hot Springs - Literally the hot tub reskinned
    Meditation - Spa Day
    The Onsen Lot Type - Not exactly ripped off but it's essentially a part of a spa
    Rock Climbing - Fitness Stuff
    Cave Exploring - Didn't they put this exact cave in JTB?
    Mascots - Discover University

In conclusion , modders could have made this pack.

True, probably the reason as to why they never released their own sims 4 create a world tool
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited November 2020
    Another day, another reminder that I (and, judging from the bugs and glitches forum, many others) can't even play the game because the patch and the emergency patch messed things up bad.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’m a little disappointed that sentiments and lifestyles don’t really do anything beyond moodlets. I was hoping to see some new behaviours.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,921 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Another day, another reminder that I (and, judging from the bugs and glitches forum, many others) can't even play the game because the patch and the emergency patch messed things up bad.

I just do not get this.. did you repair your game what was succested???

Mine is working better than ever.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

I just do not get this.. did you repair your game what was succested???

Mine is working better than ever.
    Yep. And I deleted the Father Winter tradition, deleted homeless townies, and whatever's been suggested on the bugs forum. I think it'll be taken care of eventually, since the team said they were looking into it. But it's still super annoying.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Thanks. Fortunately, my computer runs on the preferred specs; I got it specifically for that. My best option is to wait for a patch, or for a mod to come out and fix my problem.

I did manage to play about 10 minutes yesterday though, which made me realize a problem with Snowy Escape. There are no dragons The neighborhood on the right has no fishing spots, despite all the bodies of water. (Though looking it up, there's one real far away from my sims' home.) I don't know if there are any in the other neighborhoods, though I doubt Yukimatsu has any either. I need fishing to help my child sims get the outdoors badge for Scouts. There really should be more fishing spots in this world.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I hear ya (Dragons). Hope it works out for you soon. @Gordy
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    An update (and thank you) for everyone worried. Crinrict was able to identify the bug and help me fix it. Best of all, it was a bug was more of a game issue than a me-issue, so I can save face. I placed end tables with MOO in a sunken platform, which lead to routing issues and the game breaking down.

Now I can enjoy all the neat things Mt. Komorebi has to offer! Which turned out to not be a lot, since I played it for the past couple of hours and didn't have enough to do.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    An update (and thank you) for everyone worried. Crinrict was able to identify the bug and help me fix it. Best of all, it was a bug was more of a game issue than a me-issue, so I can save face. I placed end tables with MOO in a sunken platform, which lead to routing issues and the game breaking down.

Now I can enjoy all the neat things Mt. Komorebi has to offer! Which turned out to not be a lot, since I played it for the past couple of hours and didn't have enough to do.

MOO is a concern since we have YouTube builders building lots for us in SE.
    They seem to love using moveObjects. I refrain from it for any lot that I think another simmer might play.

I had an issue with Snowy Escapes Onsen lot.
    The showers had disappeared. I tried replacing them, but could not because of some kind of space obstruction.
    I had to remove one of them and space the others according to what the game would allow without MOO.
    I wonder if the creator used MOO to put in the shower objects.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

They seem to love using moveObjects. I refrain from it for any lot that I think another simmer might play.

The showers had disappeared. I tried replacing them, but could not because of some kind of space obstruction.
    I had to remove one of them and space the others according to what the game would allow without MOO.
    I like using Moo to decorate houses on shelves or using it for gardens where it really doesn't affect anything.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I think this pack is totally worth the $20 I would have paid for it had I waited 2 weeks and purchased it through best buy 😒.

I actually like a lot about this pack however I wish they would have added more Japanese themed buy items and I wish I could add skiing elsewhere or it came with more than one world.

Oh and if the vending machine gets stuck one more time... 😠
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It's another pack like Dine Out, or Get to Work that people won't find how useful it is until somebody has to tell them.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    It's another pack like Dine Out, or Get to Work that people won't find how useful it is until somebody has to tell them.

Dine out and get to work actually add tons to do though?

This pack adds the ability to vacation in a snowy world (which we could literally already do) and make Japanese houses (which we could also already do) and some bland winter sports and that is literally it. Owning and visiting restaurants is a very useful feature you can use all the time in literally any gameplay, skiing is not.

Also I think it just says a lot how the reaction to this pack has gradually changed, it feels like a lot of people have lost interest and enthusiasm already. I've been playing with it for less than a couple weeks and honestly I've got bored of the game, I've played with everything in the pack and it just isn't interesting there's just no actual depth or substance. I just don't see what these "useful things" you talk about are because from what I've seen there is literally nothing.
  • Options
    Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Those packs’ features aren’t locked to a specific world though, in contrast to SE. The only things that can be used in other worlds are the onsen lot type and lifestyles. That just isn’t enough for me and my play style. I don’t see the $40 price in it personally. I’m sure that’s where some other simmers are coming from.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I attended the Festival of Light and there was nothing to do. My sims made a wish on a tree (I don't think it had an animation?), wore kimonos, ate takiyaki and went home. There's nothing at the festival that you can't already do any other day.

I don't see why they make social events goal-oriented, but don't have a similar system for festivals. Make it an experience that lasts several hours and gives us a unique way to play with our sims.

Edit: And that temple is decore. Of course.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I attended the Festival of Light and there was nothing to do. My sims made a wish on a tree (I don't think it had an animation?), wore kimonos, ate takiyaki and went home. There's nothing at the festival that you can't already do any other day.

I don't see why they make social events goal-oriented, but don't have a similar system for festivals. Make it an experience that lasts several hours and gives us a unique way to play with our sims.

I agree that the festivals are lacking, but I don't know if making them goal-oriented would work, considering how many people hate the social events now because of the goals being attached. I remember having lots of fun at the Sims 3 festivals and they didn't have anything goal related with them, they were loaded with lots of things for Sims to do either alone or with their families. I miss things like the hot dog eating contest, the pie eating contest, the dance contest for Spring King and Queen, the kissing booth, the photo booth with Seasonal themed photos, I could go on and on, there are so many things I miss.

Also, that temple, I agree it was a major disappointment. The hiking I like, just wish they could do it everywhere, and that it wasn't so buggy. My Sims almost never finish it, they stop or get distracted by something and it fails to complete.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've just seen this funny tweet by Tazreen Tasnim on Twitter. Another thing you can do with Sulani and Komorebi!
  • Options
    Sara1010P wrote: »

I agree that the festivals are lacking, but I don't know if making them goal-oriented would work, considering how many people hate the social events now because of the goals being attached. I remember having lots of fun at the Sims 3 festivals and they didn't have anything goal related with them, they were loaded with lots of things for Sims to do either alone or with their families. I miss things like the hot dog eating contest, the pie eating contest, the dance contest for Spring King and Queen, the kissing booth, the photo booth with Seasonal themed photos, I could go on and on, there are so many things I miss.

Also, that temple, I agree it was a major disappointment. The hiking I like, just wish they could do it everywhere, and that it wasn't so buggy. My Sims almost never finish it, they stop or get distracted by something and it fails to complete.
    Yeah, goals can be annoying - I always preferred the Sims 2-style of determining the success of parties, dates, and other events. Though my ideal festival system would be more of a guide than a hard rule that determines your success: it lists all the things a sim can do, adds random events that chance each time you attend that festival (like being set up on a blind date at a Romance Festival, or being challenged to a Voidcritter battle at the Festival of Youth.) Buuut I guess at that point, you wouldn't need the goals anyway because you could figure everything out. Guess I didn't think this through lmao
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »

Yeah, goals can be annoying - I always preferred the Sims 2-style of determining the success of parties, dates, and other events. Though my ideal festival system would be more of a guide than a hard rule that determines your success: it lists all the things a sim can do, adds random events that chance each time you attend that festival (like being set up on a blind date at a Romance Festival, or being challenged to a Voidcritter battle at the Festival of Youth.) Buuut I guess at that point, you wouldn't need the goals anyway because you could figure everything out. Guess I didn't think this through lmao

I think the bolded above would be kind of cool actually, it certainly would make the festivals more interesting.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited November 2020
    CK213 wrote: »

But this is really interesting to me! I've tried building on the 5-6-1 lot, which I think I mentioned earlier, and there is something obstructing placement on walls in the middle of the lot even after you bulldoze it. It feels like there are building assets left invisible when they were placed into the game. When placing the roof above floor 2, I found a giant invisible room would cut into it. That one I could at least remove.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited November 2020
    Ok it's maybe nitpicking on my part, but....I'm just saying this as constructive criticism okay ?

Some of the swatches are.... questionable......(a white shirt, even for all swatches, would have been much more handy). I like that jacket in pink, but I can't use it with that orange shirt underneath. Also, more color options would have been nice for that jacket.

tzxRMrs.png

Also that hair, why is the hair line so square-ish ? (it's a problem on a lot of TS4 hair) and the baby hairs look drawn on the sim rather than actual hair.

3Yw1P23.png
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ok it's maybe nitpicking on my part, but....I'm just saying this as constructive criticism okay ?

Some of the swatches are.... questionable......(a white shirt, even for all swatches, would have been much more handy). I like that jacket in pink, but I can't use it with that orange shirt underneath. Also, more color options would have been nice for that jacket.

tzxRMrs.png

Also that hair, why is the hair like so square-ish ? (it's a problem on a lot of TS4 hair) and the baby hairs look drawn on the sim rather than actual hair.

3Yw1P23.png

I think they have done some great hairstyles, especially for girls in the last year (in the last 5 packs}
    I see what you mean about these hairstyles.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yeah, the baby hairs totally ruin that hairstyle.

If they had been proper hairs and not painted on it would have been beautiful.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Tbf, there really isn’t that much to do in the pack...
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)