Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Complaining Thread

Comments

• fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    I don't like that they chose the theme. I would prefer to have chosen my own theme and with a world like this with outdoor winter activities, I would have gone for my own country, Scotland or for the mountains in Colorado, etc.

If I do buy this pack it will be based on two things.

Am I stuck with a Japanese theme?
    Have they fixed the outdoor clothing bug where Sims stand outside freezing to death instead of changing to outerwear?

I do like to play winters with snow, etc and now that this world has half snow all year round, I kinda feel cheated out of the money for seasons.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    I was hoping for more traditional Japanese decore items, so I could make an old shrine home. Honestly in general, I feel like there's a notable lack of traditional Japanese stuff in the BB/CAS.

Not surprising, given that they didn't seem to have anyone from Japan on the pack's team as consultant.

Yeah, I don't want this to turn political but it's questionable how they chose American/Australian simmers who have probably never been to Japan to make Japanese houses rather than contacting actual Japanese simmers who literally live there.

It just feels like they searched "Japan" on google images and just made what they saw, these are basically the top images when you search for it and that's pretty much exactly what they put in the game
    e32b9813aeb2ba4ff03c2080bf3080f1.jpg
    japan.jpg
    original_Hokkaido-Sapporo.jpg
    8579710694_697c4d61a8_o-848x496.jpg
    ALMY_ACEP5C_OnsenBathhouse.jpg

It works I guess but I feel like it makes it a bit surface level and very touristy, whereas if they had more Japanese input it could've been more 3 dimensional

Actually several gurus have been to Japan. If my memory is correct I believe simgurupopcorn is one of them and she worked on the pack 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Ever since the emergency patch, my game keeps breaking. I get infinite saving time, sims freezing in place, infinite loading time. The crashes are gone, but this is probably worse.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Out16Out16 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm not sure where else to mention this but I noticed playing yesterday, my sims would go on a hike and out comes the forest spirits. When I click on it to make a wish and cancel their current hiking interaction the sim basically runs back around to another part of the trail and then the spirits disappear. Has this happened with anyone else? Other than that I haven't noticed any other issues in my game.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Out16 wrote: »
    I'm not sure where else to mention this but I noticed playing yesterday, my sims would go on a hike and out comes the forest spirits. When I click on it to make a wish and cancel their current hiking interaction the sim basically runs back around to another part of the trail and then the spirits disappear. Has this happened with anyone else? Other than that I haven't noticed any other issues in my game.

Yes I had this issue. One thing to note is that the spirits spawn regardless of whether there is a sim hiking, so having a sim visiting, living or renting in one of the hike neighbourhoods enables you to send them to just run/bike/teleport over to them when you notice them spawn.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don’t like how we can’t choose school uniforms. It just puts a random coloured school uniform on each day and I hate it. I’d rather have no uniforms than this.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don’t like how we can’t choose school uniforms. It just puts a random coloured school uniform on each day and I hate it. I’d rather have no uniforms than this.

THIS

It gives absolutely no consistency to one's story!

And I would have liked to have at least one or two more uniforms styles to pick. Maybe one with a jacket and other with a shirt to use during winter/summer. Or have one with a more modern style and then another more traditional to chose, that would have been really nice and cute. ♡

Personally, I looove the syle of japanesse schools uniforms, but the design they went for... I don't hate it, but I'm not crazy about it neither :( I would have love to have another option to be able to choose.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I dont like this DLC for your DLC Theme

We heard you liked your Hiking in Outdoor Retreat and even considered the feedback. So we improved it, made it better and now you can hike some destinations and even together.
    That will be 40Dollars please, Thank you!

And the worst part is, this new feature is locked in Mt. Komo. You still can not hike together in Granite Falls.

And you can not have the toodler joining in. A sim just carring the toodler, would be cool?!

You do get ''punished'' for owning every single DLC because they couldnt done it right the first time and now they have to resell it again, to improve upon it.

Fitness stuff became redundant for the asking price, Patio stuff became redundant (espacially after the 20th Birthday)

I also dislike that the snow status in the snowy festival are just there. Your Sim can not even view it, but its listed as something to do there. At least with the city living festivals you could interact with everything that was listed.

I also dont like how the onsen lot has to stay an onsen lot type... And it seems like that if you put spa day objects, the sims will not use it... Please correct me if i am wrong...

Now i have to place an onsen and a spa lot type in a small world, even though i wanted to combine it.

This might be nitpicky...
    As i said... The Japanese Theme already got covered in City Living. There is Ramen... Do i really need another 5 types of ramen, another 2 types of nigiri and so on.... Its not exciting and something to praise for me at least.

other then that... I like that they gave us another swimmable area, but i wish it would attract other Sims to swim there. Or even better... make the Beach lot type in Basegame, since this is the third World where you can swim in the lake/ocean/river anyway...

Complaining over-
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    I dont like this DLC for your DLC Theme

We heard you liked your Hiking in Outdoor Retreat and even considered the feedback. So we improved it, made it better and now you can hike some destinations and even together.
    That will be 40Dollars please, Thank you!

And the worst part is, this new feature is locked in Mt. Komo. You still can not hike together in Granite Falls.

And you can not have the toodler joining in. A sim just carring the toodler, would be cool?!

You do get ''punished'' for owning every single DLC because they couldnt done it right the first time and now they have to resell it again, to improve upon it.

Fitness stuff became redundant for the asking price, Patio stuff became redundant (espacially after the 20th Birthday)

I also dislike that the snow status in the snowy festival are just there. Your Sim can not even view it, but its listed as something to do there. At least with the city living festivals you could interact with everything that was listed.

I also dont like how the onsen lot has to stay an onsen lot type... And it seems like that if you put spa day objects, the sims will not use it... Please correct me if i am wrong...

Now i have to place an onsen and a spa lot type in a small world, even though i wanted to combine it.

This might be nitpicky...
    As i said... The Japanese Theme already got covered in City Living. There is Ramen... Do i really need another 5 types of ramen, another 2 types of nigiri and so on.... Its not exciting and something to praise for me at least.

other then that... I like that they gave us another swimmable area, but i wish it would attract other Sims to swim there. Or even better... make the Beach lot type in Basegame, since this is the third World where you can swim in the lake/ocean/river anyway...

Complaining over-

The sims not using an Onsen Lot if Spa Stuff is there is a bug and should be reported to AMQ. Sims do swim in the lake in MT K that your not playing. I've seen them.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I haven’t gotten to play much because I’ve been working on something else in game, but from what I have done it seems like a game pack to me. I still don’t really see where the features of this pack expand on rest of the game. Would have been cool if there were more paths to ski and snowboard, maybe hidden paths.

Other than that, it’s cute. Not $40 cute at all, but it’s cute.
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    They've pretty much taken preexisting mechanics and just re-skinned it. Festivals from City Living, Spa Day content, rock climbing from Fitness stuff. Sure they've expanded those concepts a little, but not much. Skiing and sledding is just interacting with a giant object. Watching sims go down a mountain really isn't that exciting.

And as per usual, there are the jarring and stupid shortcuts. The ski lift is downright insulting. Sims stand in front of the door, and it's an instant teleport. They couldn't even bother having the door open and have the sim appear to go inside. They could've done that, then shown the plumbob hovering over a car as it goes up the mountain. That's so easy, and even though it's still pretty bad, it's at least passable.

Then there's the shoe "animation" that just destroys any immersion. There's already a mod that fixes it to look somewhat decent. It's sad really. They are not giving it there all and it painfully shows.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    This is why I think that Simgurus dont read the forum eventhough they said they do, basically the complains about an expansion pack feels like a gamepack have been present since Island Living and they continue to develop pack that basically does the same thing in different 'flavor' and in different world. I'm really missing The Sims 3 era where expansion packs are really expansive and all the features can be played in any world.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    Disappointed again. I've watched only vids and read comments about Snowy Escape. As I do with all the Sims 4 DLC. Again, I've opted to wait on the purchase. As much as I love playing Sims, the prices are too much. Especially EP's when it adds so little. I always look for deals and wait on buying. Maybe one day I will preorder or buy on release Sims DLC again. But I doubt it will be for anything 4 puts out.
    The glitches are insane. I had to get MCCC to help with the endless loading and save bloating. I have no idea if it worked because I keep getting more glitches: leaving the lot and coming back makes the sims reset, and they're back in their winterwear despite me changing them earlier, both by hand and with MCCC.

Stalking the bug forum shows that some of these glitches aren't me, so that's a good sign. But still, even Eco Lifestyle wasn't as buggy for me.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    This is why I think that Simgurus dont read the forum eventhough they said they do, basically the complains about an expansion pack feels like a gamepack have been present since Island Living and they continue to develop pack that basically does the same thing in different 'flavor' and in different world. I'm really missing The Sims 3 era where expansion packs are really expansive and all the features can be played in any world.

I think they just don't care, unless they make the worst pack imaginable people will keep buying regardless
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Is anyone sure this will be fun after a week? I mean I like new content and the world is gorgeous but I barely even play in Sulani and I can’t take the error on NAPs that I getting when sims roughhouse. It seems like every mod I try doesn’t work.

I find it fun. the sports in this pack are a step up compared to the sims 3 snowboarding item B)
    I love all the content and world B)

I would play in this world more than sulani because of the outdoor activities and hot spings items

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2020

I agree and it is sad Imo, but some people do like the path EA/Maxis has taken and will say "Oh EA/Maxis wants to do things differently" but the path they taken is how to make more money. Look at the editing tools that once was available to the end user is now locked referring to creations of Neighborhoods which you must buy the packs that has them and what is sad they are not editable and are static.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited November 2020
    I pre-ordered the pack and I've been playing for a week now. I do still like it, but if I'm honest, it's basically just the same gameplay as always. I wish there were more interactive areas or places to go, even as rabbitholes. The whole central area looks so nice, but is just backdrops.

As always, it's obvious that there is no crossover playtesting. So many things from other packs mess up stuff in this new one. I suppose we learn to live with it and just keep playing, but whenever a friend asks if Sims 4 is worth getting I do warn them about this being a thing.

• JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I feel the sims being the only real simulator is why the gurus are getting away with being lazy in the development process & giving recycled animations & lackluster packs. They know we will continue to buy because there’s no other game like the sims & most of us are OGs of the series which they take us for granted.
    They need competition that will do what they do better & that’s when I think we will see improvement.
    edited November 2020
    I've had them in the holiday for two days now and I'm finding it hard to actually get them to do much. First days was blizzards so they all wanted to go home as they were freezing to death. Day 2 two parents and twin girls just kept wandering off on their own because they were n moods and sad and whatever. I actually walked away from the game. I also hate playing the Japanese houses, it's a long route to the kitchen from the bedroom, etc and we all know how slow Sims walk, especially when you have to tell them half a dozen times to pee then grab food. Such a good idea this pack but it has failed to impress. I also mistakenly thought there was a market they could shop in, there are stalls but they don't open. I'm also really annoyed that my game has some sort of seizure every now and then and all I can do is wait to see if it crashes or rights itself.
    Disappointed again. I've watched only vids and read comments about Snowy Escape. As I do with all the Sims 4 DLC. Again, I've opted to wait on the purchase. As much as I love playing Sims, the prices are too much. Especially EP's when it adds so little. I always look for deals and wait on buying. Maybe one day I will preorder or buy on release Sims DLC again. But I doubt it will be for anything 4 puts out.

I watched reviews for a few days before buying but the recent stuff here wasn't here at the time. I really wish I'd held off because there's only so many times you can get a sim to slide down a slope before it's boring, and it's getting irritating to try to get them all to actually do it in the first place. Two days into their vacation and I shut the game down and I think when I do go back in I'll just be taking them home, a waste of £34.99
    I've been having fun with it. But I can only play for about five minutes before I'm hit with freezing or endless loading screens/saves. Guess this is a good way to keep me from finding more things to complain about.

And yes, I will continually complain about freezing until they fix it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I already reinstall the sims 4 for the past week and I can't seem to play the game for more than half an hour before i have no idea what to do in the game anymore, coupled with many new bugs that resurfaced (it wasnt this bad before i uninstalled the game)

1. Sim using kitchen sink to wash their hands after using toilet
    2. Sim using toilet sink to wash dishes and never stack the dishes
    3. Sim using toilet trashbin instead of the kitchen trashbin when throwing leftover food
    4. Sims putting a toddler in highchair first before taking care of them (tucking them, or bathing them) then the action get cancelled.
    5. Sims is repeteadly wanted to sit on a chair doing nothing, basically they have no autonomy when I played them now. all they wanted to do is sit when there is no action in their queue.

it feels like the sims themselves are doing this on purpose to insult me.

The Sims are not trying to insult you, they are simply disgusted with the game, same as most of us are,. This is their way of protesting the lack of meaningful content and gameplay. We have to feel for the poor Sims, they have really been short-changed.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also here's a list of features from SE that are just ripped off from other packs:

Snow - Seasons
    Weather - Seasons
    Camping - Outdoor Retreat
    Tents - Outdoor Retreat
    Hiking - Outdoor Retreat
    Festivals - City Living
    The Hot Springs - Literally the hot tub reskinned
    Meditation - Spa Day
    The Onsen Lot Type - Not exactly ripped off but it's essentially a part of a spa
    Rock Climbing - Fitness Stuff
    Cave Exploring - Didn't they put this exact cave in JTB?
    Mascots - Discover University

In conclusion , modders could have made this pack.