The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coming back to the sims 3

Hi everyone!

So as my title says I'm going back to the Sims 3, Ironically it was playing the sims 1 last night that has prompted me to give the game another chance. I have all EPs and stuff packs but there's lot of it I haven't played with/used yet. My game normally runs ok, is there any essential mods I need to prevent lag? I don't use CC.

I'm feeling quite excited. If I'm honest I'm a little bored with the sims 4. I will go back to it eventually but I'm wanting to give TS3 another shot as it's the only sims game that I don't give a lot of attention to.

Comments

• Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Welcome back to the greatest Sims game ever made! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    NRAAS errortrap and overwatch are very useful.

Thank you I've never used them before, can I find the links in this forum?
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    You will find links to all of the NRaas mods on this page, along the left side: nraas.wikispaces.com/

This pages has links to other information, including how to install mods, and another page of tips to help your game performance: Where Can I Find It?
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    You will find links to all of the NRaas mods on this page, along the left side: nraas.wikispaces.com/

This pages has links to other information, including how to install mods, and another page of tips to help your game performance: Where Can I Find It?

Thank you very much :smile:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,934 Member
    NRAAS Master Controller and Debug Enabler are useful too. You will eventually work out what you want in your game. With mods you can make however you want.

I personally love adding mods that give me lots of new harvestables and recipes because I like variety for my gardening sims.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    NRAAS Master Controller and Debug Enabler are useful too. You will eventually work out what you want in your game. With mods you can make however you want.

I personally love adding mods that give me lots of new harvestables and recipes because I like variety for my gardening sims.

Thank you, I will check it out!

I like the sound of that. My sims 2 sims are all gardeners, my sims 3 sims not so much, I'm not sure why? But deffo want to do a bit more gardening this time around.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Goldbear86 wrote: »

Thank you, I will check it out!

I like the sound of that. My sims 2 sims are all gardeners, my sims 3 sims not so much, I'm not sure why? But deffo want to do a bit more gardening this time around.

The gardening mods are on Mod the Sims. If you Google banana trees or coconut trees you will find some to start with. There are greek drecipe too. Plus more but I can't give you links right now.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    As others said nraas mods are going to help a lot .i played sims 4 and sims 3 myself and find myself coming back to sims 3 despite its flaws and still have fun.especially with my new toddler :#
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Welcome back. Great your giving it another chance. I hope it works well for you this time!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Here are a few extra harvestables if you'd like them
    Harvestable Coconut palm
    http://modthesims.info/d/555991

A harvestable banana that looks like a banana tree
    http://modthesims.info/d/556649

Cooking ingredients overhaul + more nectar
    http://modthesims.info/d/548787

includes recipes and new plants

Make sure you read the info that goes with these as it is important to know how to make them all work together

Anything my icemunmun on Mod the Sims will be interesting. I have several of her harvestable and recipe mods. Again these are related to all of the above as they work together.

I have Green Vegetables, Holiday Cookies, Hot Chili Veg and Spring Vegetables

Here's a pic of one of the new banana trees in one of my new basement gardens.

Gardening002.jpgpost a picture

I see I failed to mention the garderner mod. You can hire a gardener by calling on the household phone - not the phone the sims carry with them. If I locate the link for that mod I'll post it here too.

Gardening003.jpgphotos upload

The coconuts fall off the trees when they are ready to harvest. Sims can drink their juice or use them in recipes.
    Coconuts002.jpg image

Bananas ready to harvest
    Bananas002.jpg image

That's harvestable bamboo growing up in the front of this pic. The tall brown sticks clumped together is what I'm talking about.
    Party003.jpgimage hosting 10mb limit

• Options
    That's awesome! Thank you so much @Karritz :)
  • Options
    @Karritz Nice pictures :smile: I guess those trees are CC as well?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

The banana and coconut trees are harvestables from a mod. Once the mod is in your game you can find the seeds for them around town and they grow like any other harvestable in the game. The banana trees replace the bananas that came with Showtime. If
  • Options

The banana and coconut trees are harvestables from a mod. Once the mod is in your game you can find the seeds for them around town and they grow like any other harvestable in the game. The banana trees replace the bananas that came with Showtime. If

Thanks I don' use mods myself except for a few NRAAS ones but it would have been nice to have more gardening options in the game :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    For those who might be concerned about using mods from other developers, anything by icarus_allsorts is golden (he's an NRaas developer as well in his "spare time"). And I would also trust anything from douglasveiga, icemunmun, and cinderellimouse, among others. These folks do know what they are doing and still actively support their mods. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Apart from the mods mentioned I would also give you the advice to choose CC wisely. Not throwing everything in you can find, but make a selection (presuming you'd want to use it in the first place of course).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I'm not using CC, I installed the game on my pc and I'm loving it!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    For those who might be concerned about using mods from other developers, anything by icarus_allsorts is golden (he's an NRaas developer as well in his "spare time"). And I would also trust anything from douglasveiga, icemunmun, and cinderellimouse, among others. These folks do know what they are doing and still actively support their mods. :)

In addition to trusted creators, I also have many tweak mods by Bluegenjutsu and Twoftmama at SimsAsylum, to stop silly behaviour like umbrellas not breaking, or keep the creepy ice cream van from showing up, as well as Blue's vampire mods, if you like Supernaturals. Their mods have never caused an issue in my game, and they've always been quick to address problems and update.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    I am coming back to sims 3 even though i have sims 4 i just can not getaway with it because i don't like online ish feeling i get with it and i like the supernatural element in 3 when i played the sims 3 before my account got hacked and i have ill health so it as not been easy i will be playing sims 3 offline only after deleting all my friends list and i am looking forward to it i will go back to sims 4 if the DLC and patch's meet more my expectations
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »

In addition to trusted creators, I also have many tweak mods by Bluegenjutsu and Twoftmama at SimsAsylum, to stop silly behaviour like umbrellas not breaking, or keep the creepy ice cream van from showing up, as well as Blue's vampire mods, if you like Supernaturals. Their mods have never caused an issue in my game, and they've always been quick to address problems and update.
    What do the vampire mods do?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Blue's vampire mods allow vampire sims that aren't controlled to autonomously drink from other sims. They also make "Ask to Turn" and "Offer to turn" interactions autonomous so that non controlled vampires and / or other sims can turn or ask to be turned without player intervention.
    They also allow teen vampires to use the "Read Mind" and "Think about Me" interactions because EA disabled these by default. Vampires will also hunt on their own, and gain fun and social from doing it, but they wont actually go mad and attack or drink from sims while doing it.

She has a couple of versions, one of them without the autonomous turn, in case some people didn't want that.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    I don't think I have a vampire mod but I had Sims in Moonlit Falls and one of them went out human and came home as a vampire.
  • Options
    JaidLynnJaidLynn Posts: 12 New Member

2213 06 Aug 2016

Since this kinda meandered into the mod world, I have a few questions I hope y’all will know the answers to.

1) I have the ‘no mosaic’ mod for my games because I like to be able to see my sims play with the rubber ducky for instance while taking a bubble bath, however, now I am unable to see wings on my fairies. My question is did the no mosaic mod get rid of my wings?
    2) If so, is there a way to have no mosaic & wings?
    3) Is there a way without the ‘master controller’ mod?
    4) Karritz, how did you get a garden to grow in your basement like that? I have never been able to make dirt grow inside the walls….I have “inside garden envy now”!!

Thanks in advance for your helpful insights.
  • Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    I wish i could play island paradise.. its the only EP i have problems with.
    I get no problems with the game otherwise.
    But yes WELCOME BACK