Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack after Get Together

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I would love to see a farm life expansion with with farm animal's with collectables and even farm machine's.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited April 2016
    While I hated bridgeport (Everything took forever, super empty lots, too many bugs), I think in Sims 4 a city would be fun and would make actual sense. The venues are always full with Sims, which makes it a lot more fun to go to cafes and bars. If the apartments were like Sims2 apartments it sounds like it could be quite fun!!
  • Options
    While I hated bridgeport (Everything took forever, super empty lots, too many bugs), I think in Sims 4 a city would be fun and would make actual sense. The venues are always full with Sims, which makes it a lot more fun to go to cafes and bars. If the apartments were like Sims2 apartments it sounds like it could be quite fun!!

I wonder what I they would do with our backdrop of our current city lol?

Yes the sims 2 apartment's were the best.

• Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    With that survey talking about toddlers and pre teens that was released a while ago, I'd have to guess that it would be a Generations EP next because that one had everyone freaking out, which most likely, it got the most votes out of them all. And speaking of that survey... EA, you very well know a HUGE majority of your fans want toddlers so you obviously knew that the generations one was going to win.. And added pre teens on to that to bring us in closer. I mean look at how everyone got all excited from seeing that CEO's picture that had a toddler in it.. Teasing us ehh?....
    I really want it to be generations too.. I haven't touched my game in over 4 months because I got bored of it real fast.. When I did play I noticed there really isn't any fun stuff to do outside, I mean like playing catch, or tag or fun things to do with family members in the backyard... I don't want to play horse shoes, fish, light a bonfire, watch a movie, etc. forever... I want tree houses, sand boxes, swings, seesaws, sprinklers, water slides, baseballs and footballs for catch, etc.
    PLEASE.. I just want something to keep me hooked for more than a week..
  • Options
    I think adding a lifestage must be very difficult (I am not a programmer, I just think it is). However, that would take up like 90% of the game, so I doubt preteens will be in the same pack. I also doubt you would get much else than just toddlers. I personally find toddlers boring, but I understand that some players really want them so I would be okay, if they did that. However, I'd rather have more gameplay options for the life stages we already have...If you are bored with the game, then toddlers will most likely not be the solution to it
  • Options
    GhouseGhouse Posts: 11 New Member
    Seasons♥
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think adding a lifestage must be very difficult (I am not a programmer, I just think it is). However, that would take up like 90% of the game, so I doubt preteens will be in the same pack. I also doubt you would get much else than just toddlers. I personally find toddlers boring, but I understand that some players really want them so I would be okay, if they did that. However, I'd rather have more gameplay options for the life stages we already have...If you are bored with the game, then toddlers will most likely not be the solution to it

If you came to doubt & specifically point out those who want toddlers with negative talk, it's better to keep it in the throat than posting it on any thread.

Other features sure aren't a solution, but right now this is the solution for the most players who enjoy a certain gameplay which happens to involve toddlers and Is called, family play. Not that I'm saying any other player or gameplay doesn't matters, but this is definitely a big affect on the game & gameplay.
  • Options

It's the same thing as adding pets into the game. Pets are a life state. So we know it's obviously do-able. For me personally I was referring to family play in general, but I do feel like toddlers would make me play the game more and make me and many others happy. I really loved playing with families with toddlers in the past games which made me play for hours with enjoyment and not having them in this time is depressing.. The babies we have now are just awful and so pointless, I do feel like having toddlers and pre teens would save the game for me personally. The toddlers were a part of the game that I loved. Others won't feel that way.
    And if the next ep is generations they obviously won't leave out all of the other ages. Toddlers won't be part of that ep, just patched in and added content for them in the ep, I'm guessing.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @poppykoke I did not talk negatively. I just wanted to point out that I believe toddlers might be difficult to programme, so that when they come in a pack than there might not be much else. But as I said I don't know how much programming it needs. I mean they patched ghosts in, so maybe I am wrong. I have absolutely nothing against them making toddlers, as I know how important it is for many.

Also, you really don't need to be aggressive about it, all I meant was that I noticed how some players want quite a lot of features in a generation EP, which would be cool, but I think they might just give us toddlers and not much else. So, if you really find it completely boring, then I don't know how long toddlers can fill the void. If they are well done, for sure quite a while....I am just not sure how well done they will be. Really did not mean to be negative, I just have low expectations. However, if you are one of those players were toddlers are the main thing missing, then of course it will be filling the void. So please keep calm, no reason to get mad, I support all players, who wish toddlers to return :smile:
    Post edited by LenaDieters11 on
  • Options
    @Dreagen1 I did not talk negatively. I just wanted to point out that I believe toddlers might be difficult to programme, so that when they come in a pack than there might not be much else. But as I said I don't know how much programming it needs. I mean they patched ghosts in, so maybe I am wrong. I have absolutely nothing against them making toddlers, as I know how important it is for many.

Also, you really don't need to be aggressive about it, all I meant was that I noticed how some players want quite a lot of features in a generation EP, which would be cool, but I think they might just give us toddlers and not much else. So, if you really find it completely boring, then I don't know how long toddlers can fill the void. If they are well done, for sure quite a while....I am just not sure how well done they will be. Really did not mean to be negative, I just have low expectations. However, if you are one of those players were toddlers are the main thing missing, then of course it will be filling the void. So please keep calm, no reason to get mad, I support all players, who wish toddlers to return :smile:

Whoa, I wasn't being aggressive, I am so sorry if I came off that way! I was just responding, I wasn't trying to be that way at all! So sorry! :)
    I was just saying that it should be pretty simple to patch them in because you said you didn't know and that I liked them in past games.
    What part came off as aggressive? I really wasn't trying to sound angry towards you.
  • Options
    simmerbin16simmerbin16 Posts: 46 Member
    Sims 4 Metropolis or Generations. :smiley:
  • Options
    Oh my God, sorry, wrong person!!! Really sorry!!! No, you were not aggressive at all!!!
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I'm guessing a metropolitan pack since it would coincide with late nights release as well as the fact that it would be easier to create since get together had a similar theme going on so creating a city from the already developed backdrops and animations it would be something that could be done with a certain amount of ease when comparing it to a heavy expansions like pets and seasons.
  • Options
    MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    I'd have to go for either Seasons or Pets.
  • Options
    JayytaughtyouJayytaughtyou Posts: 90 Member
    I think they should hold off on party related expansions for now and introduce some family things.
  • Options
    luked522luked522 Posts: 39 Member
    I think they should include both generations and university in one expansion pack, although they did not include apartments with Get Together, so I'm not sure that they will do that.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    luked522 wrote: »
    I think they should include both generations and university in one expansion pack, although they did not include apartments with Get Together, so I'm not sure that they will do that.

They definitely should NOT mix anymore packs together. We saw how that worked out with Get to Work; i.e. it didn't....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    altkt075altkt075 Posts: 97 Member
    I really want seasons next. That has always been my favorite!!!!! Then generations, pets, vacations. :)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    altkt075 wrote: »
    I really want seasons next. That has always been my favorite!!!!! Then generations, pets, vacations. :)
    We definitely can use seasons in the game. ;)

• Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2016
    Nightlife / downtown / apartment life pls... i desperate need that. I feel so boring with house hold with 8 already. I need some of my youth generations growth up and live in apartment on their own.

P.S Apartment feature must like Sims 2. Sims 3 apartment is stupid.
  • Options

I am with you. Sims 2 apartment life is fun. I put my most beloved sims family always in sims 2 apartment.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    EP - Generations
    EP - University
    GP - Town Hall (restaurants / active career: politician)
    GP - Ski Lodge - Fall/Winter/Random World (ski skill / snowboard skill / ice skate skill)

EP - Pets
    EP - Supernaturals (not buying but don't want other players waiting too long)
    GP - Tropical Island - Spring/Summer/Random World (surfboard skill / luau party / limbo skill / suntan/sunburn)
    GP - Road Trip (cars / active career: mechanic)

TS5 is announced
    EP - Seasons
    EP - Celebrity
    GP - Farm Life
    GP - Back to School (active career: teacher)

I would personally switch the Celebrity EP with the Pets EP only because they said they weren't working it on right now. But other than that this looks amazing!!

Works for me.
    The first two are important for my generational life cycle game play: Sim goes to University, either meets his or her significant other in college or afterwards, enjoys the single life for a bit while getting the career started, gets married, has kids, kids grow up and go to University, or not, and the cycle starts again.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

I wonder what I they would do with our backdrop of our current city lol?

Yes the sims 2 apartment's were the best.

More than agree !!!
  • Options

If they were to build a city it would have to be even bigger than the last world from get together. We don't even have real cars and it would look odd without at least a real tram or train subway.

I don't think the sims 4 could bull it off building a city

We got a city in 3 and some people hated it . I don't see the sims 4 doing a better job than that. Maybe apartments will work well tho.,