Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack after Get Together

Comments

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I personally hope for a city living expansion with a handful of new venues like proper restaurants where you're sat down and served (Different classes of restaurants as well please like a cheap diner, middle class family style and upper class cuisine), plus some fun ones like bowling alleys and movie theatres. (Actual functioning venues where we can watch the Sims play or direct them to buy popcorn and such.) Maybe karaoke bars as well? And of course amazing apartments along with a beautiful new downtown world we can enjoy. :)

They could bring back vampires too, just don't make them lame and sparkly!

Edit: Forgot to add laundromats!

I love your idea! I have long thought since a lot of downtown concepts were in the base game (for once! :) ) and they expanded on that theme in Get Together - I think a city world would best be suited for a Superstar/Showtime EP! I'm hoping that we'll get more community places to go. For instance, in the Sims 1 you could go get burgers and hot dogs in a fast food place and you could go to an ice cream parlor. I want more of this in our game this time around and almost hope that a Game Pack will bring some of this stuff to life! :)
  • Options
    mrbmrb Posts: 176 Member
    the rummor is pets but then again the rummor was instead of get together we would get pets.
  • Options
    AprilstormAprilstorm Posts: 3 New Member
    Vacations Pets, Seasons. I really liked the tropical locations, as well as the hidden locations! I am getting a bit tired of camping! :wink:

Pets would be fun because I think the interactions would be so cool, but i love horses, and that would probably take time.

Seasons would probably come with interactions that matched - like hot chocolate and christmas carolling (or joining a choir- that would be cool), making caramel apples and a fall festival, or easter egg hunts, and bunnies running around, flower festivals, and fire works!
    Also Green houses!! and more gardening plants literally my favorite part of the game is gardening...everyone gardening in my game. ... which brings me to my next point ... I need more plants .. like figs. :D

It would also be cool to have festivals, like jousting (they already have knights!), carnivals, light festivals, parades and country fairs etc. Probably for another time though.

Vacations - I do love the idea of more destinations- and activities! Hot air ballooning, swimming in the ocean, boating, animal rides. I imagine that if any of these were to come about, they would all be sold separately. Like vacationing in the Caribbean or Hawaii, Africa (A animal park safari), Europe, Deserts someplace and Asia - India or maybe Thailand I was thinking - they already did Japan sort-of in Sims 2. Venice would be cool- because its totally on water and the taxi is a boat, Hawaii, Madagascar (or really anywhere tropical) could have kayaking or boarding and fruit farms like pineapple that you can tour, Spain, Italy or Paris, And someplace truly Cold(!) with igloos, and penguins, and the Aurora...like the north pole.

As for Hobbies - Personally i think the hobbies (which is something I like the idea of) look more to me so far as if they are coming slowly though the packages (such as baking, movie watching etc) And I am fine with that. Keep it up. :smiley:

I don't really care about the toddler stage, it was always more annoying to me then not, I would't mind if it was included but I would be upset if they wasted their time making a pack just for that, I probably would not buy it unless it came with a lot of other stuff carrying the bulk of the pack. Same with University - never cared for it (...although that might just be related to my overall dislike of schooling in general and my distaste of collage kids... I hate even the school for teenagers... I normally get them to get a job and build skills instead) You already can do a lot of jobs without going to Uni; so why bother with that pack?

Also - Pls bring back secret lots... I really liked them, it was very disappointing to find them missing in windenberg.
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    edited March 2016
    I bet the next EP will be something no one expects (or want!).
    I literally have no idea what could come after Get Together, the direction they're taking is so weird, it could be anything. It's not Pets, or Supernatural for sure. Generations doesn't seem very likely, but if it is and it doesn't come with toddlers, people will freak out.
    Whatever it is the next EP, I just hope the time they're taking is worth the wait.
  • Options
    GreenondiniGreenondini Posts: 19 Member
    I hope that they will finally listen to family players. Sometimes I just want to give up on sims altogether because of it not having toddlers. They should have been there to start with. Sad to keep on begging for them. But yeah, Generations, seasons, pets "Get it Real"
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    If they would release a hobby-oriented pack I'd be sooo happy... But seasons would be really neat too.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    sociala9133sociala9133 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm kind of hoping for a family pack. Simply because a lot of the family players feel like they are getting ignored. While I don't think that's true it would still sure be nice for them to get something.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    EP - Generations
    EP - University
    GP - Town Hall (restaurants / active career: politician)
    GP - Ski Lodge - Fall/Winter/Random World (ski skill / snowboard skill / ice skate skill)

EP - Pets
    EP - Supernaturals (not buying but don't want other players waiting too long)
    GP - Tropical Island - Spring/Summer/Random World (surfboard skill / luau party / limbo skill / suntan/sunburn)
    GP - Road Trip (cars / active career: mechanic)

TS5 is announced
    EP - Seasons
    EP - Celebrity
    GP - Farm Life
    GP - Back to School (active career: teacher)
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I really think they're heading towards a generations pack next. It just seems to be the theme things are moving towards at the moment.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SfarinaP wrote: »
    Let's start talking about the next expansion pack. (I just wanted to be the first to start this discussion)
    What would you like to see next?

It's a little early isn't it? I mean GTW came out in March 2015 and GT in Dec. 2015...nine months to find out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    EP - Generations
    EP - University
    GP - Town Hall (restaurants / active career: politician)
    GP - Ski Lodge - Fall/Winter/Random World (ski skill / snowboard skill / ice skate skill)

EP - Pets
    EP - Supernaturals (not buying but don't want other players waiting too long)
    GP - Tropical Island - Spring/Summer/Random World (surfboard skill / luau party / limbo skill / suntan/sunburn)
    GP - Road Trip (cars / active career: mechanic)

TS5 is announced
    EP - Seasons
    EP - Celebrity
    GP - Farm Life
    GP - Back to School (active career: teacher)

I would personally switch the Celebrity EP with the Pets EP only because they said they weren't working it on right now. But other than that this looks amazing!!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    kiamie123kiamie123 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Ponder the Sim said:
    > My top picks:
    > Farm Life, Seasons, University, Generations, Celebrity.

I second that! Especially farm life!
  • Options
    LiseliljeLiselilje Posts: 33 Member
    I world love a supernatural expansion that honors Makin' Magic. A magical expansion with a lot of the charming features and mood like the Sims 1. Especially the quirky magical neighborhood and all the witchcraft and potions and what not. :)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I still would like to see weather added to the game. Because one of the things that I miss about weather in Sims 2 is that you had a chance of your sim being strucked by lightning while outside. Turning your sim into a deep fried critter. :p So perhaps a Seasons EP can add weather to the game, since the two are related. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I still would like to see weather added to the game. Because one of the things that I miss about weather in Sims 2 is that you had a chance of your sim being strucked by lightning while outside. Turning your sim into a deep fried critter. :p So perhaps a Seasons EP can add weather to the game, since the two are related. :)

That probably wouldn't happen in TS4 because deaths are by emotions so I think an 'accident' like that wouldn't be considered to be added.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I wish they would add weather in a patch. Like basic weather like rain and snow, with basic outerwear, then expand on it later with a Seasons EP by adding the festivals, and activities to do outside. Like snowball fights and carnivals and such.

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »

That probably wouldn't happen in TS4 because deaths are by emotions so I think an 'accident' like that wouldn't be considered to be added.
    They have death by fire in the game, and that's not a death caused by being overly emotional.
    And beside, I don't recall ever hearing about a sim dying because they were struck by lightning in the game before. Now sims have been singed by lightning before because I have had a few of my sims strucked by lightning before. So I don't see why that they can't add death by lightning to the game this time because sims can die by fire in the game despite the emotional deaths. And also sims can die by drowning in the game, and that too is not an emotional death either.
    ETA: Sims can also die by being eaten by their own cowplant, and that too is not an emotional death.

• Options
    Bhawkins0402Bhawkins0402 Posts: 77 Member
    University, vacations (beach, snow, etc.), or superstar/celebrity
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Pet that I agreed with everybody for!
  • Options
    spazin1015aspazin1015a Posts: 15 Member
    Sweetietreats, that actually could be fun something like a reality show pack expansion and something a little different. I know a lot of people make their own videos of these reality based shows but it could be fun to do as an expansion and pick the show/challenge you want to simulate . :)
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    My absolute must have EP is Making Magic! And I agree, I want all the quirkiness and the AMAZING neighborhood...and the music if possible. The duels between witches were amazing, too because you could control the spells etc.!!!!

Besides Making Magic:
    Pets
    Seasons
    Superstar (inspired by Sims 1 superstar)

GPs wise I want these:
    Alien (Make Sixam into a more open world with houses, where alien Sims only can buy or rent property as a vacation home)
    Hobbies
    Careers (Politics and Military)
    Farm Life
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited April 2016
    getsims7 wrote: »
    seasons!

YES, Seasons! I want snow, I want rain, I want... SEASONS! :D I loved seasons in Sims 3!
  • Options
    ijustlikesimsijustlikesims Posts: 83 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Metropolis.

can you go into depth
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2016
    Seasons as always been a favorite
    Metropolis.

can you go into depth
    Metropolis.

can you go into depth

Loving in apartment's, going to bars ,clubs, lounges and dive bars.

They already did some elements from a nightlife theme with get together but it would be interesting to see how they did it now.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Metropolis.

can you go into depth

apartments, night life, city life