Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you record and share YOUR Sims?

Do you have a forum post, blog, tumbler, spreadsheet, notebook, hard drive…. ?

How do you record and share YOUR Sims?

feel free to share directions, hints, links, pictures etc here

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

We are on tumblr, it's just perfect for keeping track of your Sims.
    Our simblr is 👉 here.
    You can pin a post with all the information about your sims, your story, links to your content...
    And there is also a search function. Plus you can sort in chronological order which is awesome for story chapters.
    We are there for over ten years and it's very easy to stay away from drama and find awesome mutuals.
    The Sims have a very big community on tumblr.
    In 2023 The Sims 4 was on place 12 of all video games and the Sims Community is on place 6 of all communities on tumblr! (see more 👉 here at the forum.)
    What's also awesome is that there are very active and creative Sims 2 and 3 Communities <3
    4a03afa8aec4af91f007a7d463f88f5ace1df681.pnj
    The archive is just amazing. Along with the tags and the search I can find any post of the thousands I made over the past ten years in seconds!
    Our 10+ year fat archive is 👉 here 📚
    e3ac5b793b96abccc12fefb5383b9221549d49c2.pnj
    You can load up to 30 pics to a post. And you can also post privately and get an url for your pics.
    Which makes tumblr a very easy and fast and free host for your images!
    Plus you can tag them and find them again easily.
    You can also embed links in your text. Pic below also shows the tags. Just click on them and you're lead to the tagged content.
    And you can start polls, queue you posts and so much more!
    25170fe72ee78cdcfc2407ef681f3cfeb079b991.pnj
    Tumblr is very easy to use and awesome and I can only highly recommend it.
    It just offers so many things you can find nowhere else. I tried a few other platforms over the years but tumblr is still my very favourite.
    If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    b19042ee921853a1cf30545e0bd4b993f3c60b4c.pnj
    We also started to post on bluesky a while ago.
    It's a twitter alternative with a very friendly and welcoming Sims Community.
    Since bluesky is build like twitter, there is no archive, no search, no tags, no text links and the pics are limited to 4.
    So I only use it to post the news and link to my tumblr.
    Afaik it's still only accessable with an invite code. If you are interested to take a look, let me know. I have 5 invite codes to give away at the moment.
    My bluesky is 👉 here (you might not be able to see it if you have no account there)
    97bc7c5e5aa7f04168fa72c4dce2d3a3a8c40ca4.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    edited February 16
    I have a blog where I write stories :) I have not written a new one for a while, but I have not abandoned it!
    https://simsimseree.wordpress.com/
    2CEeZ0K.png

I also post sims stuff on my tumblr although it's a more generic gaming blog.
    https://www.tumblr.com/simsimsere
    3l87mWO.png
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,934 Member
    As my story is mainly to help me keep track of my sims' accomplishments I only post my story here in the forum in the Creative Corner.

DgjF0W9.png

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1005742/my-super-sim-family-challenge-update-january-28/p1
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I'd been thinking about it but I don't know how to do things like that so I just share some things about them now and then on here. I don't play often enough to keep anything of interest going online anywhere.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,979 Member
    For TS4 here in forums, in various threads. :)
    TS2 in tumblr. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I have way too many screenshots in my screenshot folder lol That's how I remember what happens but I should post somewhere (I'm just in too deep now)

@Lenny_Ogg - Tumblr is great - does another simmer help you with your blog?
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,346 Member
    For sharing stories and gameplay commentary I use tumblr (link in the signature).

For record keeping I started a database in (or would that be "with"?) Obsidian, but it's a very slow process. I'm serial restarter with always the same sims, so having something akin to a personal wiki that reminds me about minor things about my cast would come in handy.

For family trees I use an offline software called Ahnenblatt (Ancestor sheet).
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I have tried twitter, tumblr and creative corner here in the forum, but most of the stories are still just in my head and in my screenshot folder :sweat_smile: It is so much work to write them down, so I usually just post some images here in the forum.
  • Options
    edited February 3
    @xoJessi No, 10 years ago I was completely oblivious with anything social media and when you look at my first posts, you can clearly see that ^^'

When I started I knew no one on tumblr whom I was comfortable enough with to ask. I was just too shy hahaha
    So for many years I just kept on going and only got noteable likes and reblogs on my builds.
    And I'm glad it went like this and I did my own thing. And I guess that's one of many reasons my simblr and my stories are so unique.

But tumblr is really that easy. Just click on 'create' and tumblr leads you through it.
    I'm also glad to help. Just ask :3

When I look at some new simblrs these days with their perfect screenshots I often wonder if there is a how-to somewhere, and I bet there is.
    But I prefer unique simblrs and I also mostly follow lesser known simblrs. There's just so much creativity and inspiration out there.

As I mentioned earlier, you can also go completely by only posting privately and no one will see your posts and you can start to use tumblr as a free and comfortable image host until you are ready to throw your sims into the world ;)

There is no pressure to make it perfect from the beginning. It's a process and you learn and grow by doing.
    I know a lot of simblrs who delete their old stuff from time to time but I think it's good to look back and see how much progress I've made over time.

This is a screenshot from my very first post on tumblr on September 8th 2013!
    There's a lot I would do different today but that's ok. No one is perfect (except new simblrs ;))
    6dfc879555ea3ca86e4ca56a42f392eed178f341.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Very cool! Thanks for all the info. If I get back on tumblr you'll be on my list to follow ;)
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,676 Member
    I don’t share much of anything right now. I lack the energy to maintain any kind of blog, so anything I do share is here in the “What Happened…nonserial” thread. Old stories are in the Creative Corner.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    I post here in the forums. I also try to keep a copy of my updates on my computer. When I first decided to record my Legacy Challenge game, I ended up posting on Blog Spot? I think it was. It's been years and I can no longer find it online. :open_mouth: I'm a writer because I just need to write. But what good is it if you don't have a reader? So I share and I love giving and getting feedback on stories here.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I post my stories on Carl's Forum. There's a 25 picture limit per post and content should be family-friendly.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 180 Member
    Until now I never thought of sharing anything related to my own Sims, because they are characters of my stories which I never published and I don't plan to do this. But I think I might like posting some images of my created Sims, so I'll take a look at tumblr later.

I have also heard of bluesky but since you may not join it without any code, I don't like it, because I tend to be very introverted and if I get excluded just because of that (as I won't ask for invite codes), I won't use it.
  • Options
    edited February 4
    @Breathe_No_More bluesky is still in developement and they already said that when they're stable it's open for everyone.

Here are some codes
    (I gave away two already, I'll add more when this one is gone):
    bsky-social-ncmhk-iogbb

Don't hesitate to grab them. I can ask my mutuals there for more.
    Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    I don't share. But I do keep 'photo albums' for my own use (to help my memory and also to look back on for fun, as I am a rotational player).

I use PowerPoint and have one PowerPoint document per household, then one slide per sim to show their starting age and what they looked like, their traits etc. Then I have a picture of their home followed by divider slides for Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter for each year I play. The title slides are where I type brief details of what happened to them during that season, followed by screenshots I have taken set out with the aid of the PP Designer so that it looks more attractive, usually with 1, 2 or 3 screenies per slide.

Screenshot-2024-02-03-182556.jpg?rlkey=ibb0m2qolvsny164wa6ap0v0o&dl=0
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've been on here from time to time. I've also commented a little bit on Reddit though some of them play way differently than I do to put it mildly.

I mainly have kept to myself but I wouldn't rule out sharing a bit in a lighthearted & fun way. I like my anonymity and being able to do what I want but it's something I'd consider. As it is, I have a blast.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I have a website, a blog and I also create videos occasionally. The website and the blog are my main arena for sharing though, as most details from my game can be found there.

Website - updated every gaming session (and then some more). This started as a simple addition to the blog as blog posts were pushed out too quickly, making basic info harder to look up. Then - surprise! - the website grew out of hands, and I really don't think anyone found everything. It's mainly created like notes for myself, but I'm pretty sure there might be some inspiration for other simmers who play rotationally with a community aspect included.

I'm a dedicated programmer, so several indexes and overviews - like the many family trees were mostly the result of me loving the challenge of programming it :)

The blog Simmerville's Sims is normally updated couple times weekly. A mix of stories, development of my game, individual sim stories, some downloads, sme videos etc. I try to keep it varied, but occasionally it can get too much of some nerdy stuff like political parties or horse riding contests etc., just because that is my focus at the time ;)

Also have a Youtube channel where I published several TS series, mostly Machinima. However, getting attention there is rather difficult, and even if I still love creating Machinima, I've been slowing down to the basics. Still have ideas for cool series that I really want to create, but the views might not compensate for time and effort invested. There exist plenty of series/videos, and the good thing might be that while TS4 still gets attention, some of the videos still get views.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited February 4
    Don't know if I'm doing it right, but I've been inspired to start my tumblr ? simblr ? in earnest.

www.tumblr.com/nrowesims
  • Options

Looks awesome!
    And the tags look good too. So you can find anything again.
    (When I click in the link above, it leads me to this thread again somehow. So i copied just the text and put it in my browser)
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 662 Member
    For my comics, I share them in my forum profile Activity feed and well as the forum threads Simmer Tales & What Happened In Your Game Today?. If a comic has a general theme then I post on my Mastodon account. The more specific inside game jokes are only on the forums.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

I've been pretty sporadic with how I share. Creative Corner has been my go to, but after reading this, I'm thinking about starting a Tumblr account. I'd love to turn what I'm doing into a challenge, but keeping up with it needs a place and pictures. Plus, I've been having problems with posting picture links from PostImage. I want to get more into sims, but sometimes I just don't have the energy. I get depressed, then don't want to talk to anyone, and then I'm back to being consistent and into it. Life. But I love my sims when I'm playing them, and I really want to keep track of them somewhere. Maybe Tumblr plus Creative Corner will be my place.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    I’m really impressed by everyone who takes the time to keep track of their sims’ lives. I’ve often thought of doing it as I’d like to be able to look back and remind myself of how my sims’ families started and how they’ve grown and developed. Posting privately on Tumblr is an interesting idea that I might look into.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    I usually post in the forums.
    I have some pictures of my in-game born Sims on the thread that has that.
    I also post detailed summaries on the non-serial game thread the most.
    Other than that, I don't really mention my games in too much detail. Partly since most of my Sims are based on characters I like from series, and some are my own Sims, but I don't know how interested people would be with my type of gaming.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited February 6
    I’m old and old school. I keep my important sims on notecards. I used to put all types of information on them but since I keep aging off most of the time, I update the cards less, and since I know most of my sims so well in my main rotation, most stuff is in my memory. Most pictures I take now are photo’s on my sims walls.