Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you play City Living now?

DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,767 Member
I never really liked the neighbourhood in City Living. I only really played the spice area (can’t remember if that’s the correct name), the most inexpensive neighborhood area because there are a lot of empty lots at ground level and I can create a more low rise type neighbourhood experience.

Now that we have For Rent coming in just over a week, will you play City Living?? I don’t see myself doing so anymore since we’ll be able to create apartments in any neighbourhood, and since I never really liked the CL neighbourhood, I likely won’t build there anymore.
Go Raptors!

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,158 Member
    I will build apartments to San Myshuno, to penthouse lots too.
    I'm the opposite than OP and love that world <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,221 Member
    I have Sims living in all the livable worlds. Friends and family of my one playable household. I also have several community lots in San Myshuno. So yes I'll continue playing the City Living world and the features that came with that pack.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,110 Member
    edited November 2023
    Once I get For Rent I will probably play in San Myshuno more since I have apartment building I built in spice market ages ago I have yet to use much of but I'm very excited about

I might also transform Uptown penthouse lot into apartments if its possible cause I always found that lot too dang big for one family or venues we have
    :not possible

as for existing apartments I'll probably still play them as much as I have until now

though I do admit it might take me forever to rebuild those uptown monstrosities to my liking :sweat_smile: so yeah maybe I continue to procrastinate on those

but spice market and fashion district are some of my favourite places to live in ts4 sooo yeah idk

maybe once i get arts quarter and uptown built to same level I'll get into those
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,511 Member
    It doesn't really feel like an apartment if you play at ground level, even though it technically is. I like seeing the views from high above in San Myshuno and the buildings across the road and the many lights at night and that kind of city feel you won't get with all the little 4 story buildings. Anyway, my sims in San Myshuno won't be moving out anytime soon, they are city folk who are meant to enjoy the busy city life. I will definitely be building some apartments in other worlds, have already started one in Del Sol Valley, hope to finish it before I get the new pack.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have some households based in San Myshuno so I don't plan on retiring it. I was never bothered by those apartments. I have some multi-generational households there.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

c93fc0c3c6158fbf5df94414f4ab52bc73ab688f.jpg

For me it's the other way around.
    I always loved San Myshuno. It's one of my favourite worlds and we spent a lot of time there.
    But I can't see us use the landlord/tennant feature often ^^'
    6edac975d9c63fbf43d196cce621f614d773666c.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,519 Member
    I'll definitely still use it. The Spice District is the one I play the most as well, it feels busier and livelier and somehow more immersive with a lot of character, though I get irritated with the basketball court, as too many of my Sims are constantly going over there and changing clothes, even in winter.

But I see San Myshuno as a place for big city, high rise apartments, whereas some of the more suburban and rural maps would have townhouses, duplexes, small rises, and boarding houses and trailer parks. Maybe even little hut colonies in Sulani. There will be so many possibilities, I'm quite excited for this pack to change the entire dynamic of the game.

My only concern is what limitations there might be and if there is any intrusive game autonomy. But I'm really looking forward to the livestream. ☺️
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 718 Member
    I played the early EPs A LOT so I rarely go back to them now but the Spice market and that solo penthouse from the top right (Arts district) have always been some of my favorites to play in so maybe I'll still go there from time to time. I just got Horse Ranch on sale and have yet to fully play Cottage Living so there's still lots of places for me to explore.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I wonder if we can make the apartments in San Myshuno multi unit dwellings, so we can move more than one household into a single apartment. I don't see why not since the apartments in city living are less apartments, and more so individual lots with restrictions.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 566 Member
    I’ll definitely still play in San Myshuno. I love it. It’s the only world where we can live right in the heart of the city, so it’s pretty unique. I like hearing the noise of the traffic, watching the trains and the helicopter, and going to the festivals. I have one of my rotation households living there, and I frequently take other sims to the festivals. For me, the apartment life is only one of many reasons to enjoy it, so it’s not going to be replaced by For Rent.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    I'm another big fan of the Spice district, it's one of my favourites for starting sims out in life. Don't use other parts of the city much though, they were always disappointing to me sort of weirdly futuristic. It will still have a place in my game.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,714 Member
    I already play City Living regularly, it's been among my fave worlds since I got it :) I think I will mostly keep it as is, because the rental units feature seems quite different from CL, and I already have fine community lots on the very few available lots on ground level. One large flat that I turned into a housing for castle servants might no longer be needed, but that is on 7th floor. Looking forward to build tall rentable buildings in the star hood of Del Sol Valley, perhaps servants will go there - closer to their working space anyway. Can't wait to actually have someone reside in that hood, I hardly use the museum but hesitated deleting it (Judith Ward would never have forgiven me). Now I an keep (a smaller version of) the museum, and add apartments over it. It can probably still be visited even if the lot gets re-categorized.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,767 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    I'm another big fan of the Spice district, it's one of my favourites for starting sims out in life. Don't use other parts of the city much though, they were always disappointing to me sort of weirdly futuristic. It will still have a place in my game.

Same!! Glad I’m not the only one!
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    San Myshuno is one of my favorite places for Sims to visit, but I rarely have them live there. I regularly take them to the festivals, but have them live in the "suburbs" of Newcrest or Willow Creek. It feels the most like "home" to me. So I'll just be adding some duplexes, two/three flats and small apartment complexes to those areas.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 764 Member
    edited November 2023
    My sims always end up in San Myshuno at some point, no matter the save. When the pack was announced, the first thing I thought of was ways it would enhance city living.

I found a salt house apartment in the gallery. It was exactly what i wanted with a basement gym and outdoor pool. Only the bathrooms and kitchen were furnished in the 6 units. I’m almost done with it and I can’t wait to play with it.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    In RL I hate cities LOL. I'm a small town girl to the bone. Oddly enough though in S4 if my sims are not living in Willow Creek, then they're going to be in San Myshuno. I usually move out the heir from their parents house when they age up to YA to get a taste of independence and city life. Then as their adult years approach, I have them move back home to WC and usually marry and start a family. I enjoy playing this way so even though I'm planning to put apartments in most worlds, to answer the OP's question, yes, I'll probably continue to use CL after For Rent drops.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    I haven't decided yet if I'll be buying it or not. I want to get For Rent first.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,108 Member
    It's one of my favorite packs, but there has always been so many limitations that have held it back. Even with those limitations it's still in my top 2 or 3 packs.

For Rent looks like it will address quite a few of them. One of my big wants has been the ability to fully modify existing apartments, windows and doors on exterior walls, without mods. I haven't seen anything saying we're getting that with this pack but I'm hoping it will happen. At least with For Rent we should be able to expand the current apartments to have more sims living in each building.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,044 Member
    edited November 2023
    I've always loved City Living, and if For Rent isn't too buggy to buy, I look forward to using the two packs together :)

I don't think we will be able to subdivide San Myshuno's apartments, since those are their own lot type and cannot be changed to another lot type. But, the penthouse lots are another story, and I'm sure at least some of them will be changed to multi-unit apartments in my game!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,415 Member
    I have always loved City Living and I think I will continue to love it, for what it offers. Sure the apartment experience is different and perhaps not as detailed, but it has its own quirks and also I just love the festivals and the city :)
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,788 Member
    San Myshuno and City Living is one of my favorite worlds and ep. I have already made muli-family lots there, so I actually can't wait to have it work out with official gameplay. I am excited for the new world and ne ep as it looks beautiful. It's giving Sulani meets San Myshuno, and Sulani is my absolute favorite world, so I really an excited.

I am from the city, so I can relate to urban context more than the other worlds. Apartments, and townhouses is what I know, and can build the best. Like he blue suburban is not my cup of tea - at all. What I like about this game and all the different worlds, is that I get to experience different types of living and lifestyles. I have even come to love and appreciate house styles I once previously loathed, as I experience in a new light, and I never would have before. And I can say they same about some of the activities in a lot of pack I have deemed myself opposed of in real life. Skiing , camping, overwater bungalows, -- I would never be that type of person, but the game has be seeing myself in virtual, and entirely different person, where I want to experience these things, I possibly would never do, or like to do in real life.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,502 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I never really liked the neighbourhood in City Living. I only really played the spice area (can’t remember if that’s the correct name), the most inexpensive neighborhood area because there are a lot of empty lots at ground level and I can create a more low rise type neighbourhood experience.

Now that we have For Rent coming in just over a week, will you play City Living?? I don’t see myself doing so anymore since we’ll be able to create apartments in any neighbourhood, and since I never really liked the CL neighbourhood, I likely won’t build there anymore.

Yes because Myshuno is still the only City World we have and why not make that tallest penthouse a rental and have your sims vacation there?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,498 Member
    I occasionally play in San mychuno. My sims mostly visit the city for the festivals. The new pack won't change this either way. Perhaps I will add a residential rental to one of the penthouse lots or replace a karaoke bar with an apartment building so I can play with the new apartment system in the city.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Absolutely, San Myshuno is my favourite world and I love the design and aesthetic. I don’t know how much opportunity there is to build functioning apartments with For Rent, I love the world as it is and I’m not sure if I’ll change it, but I definitely don’t plan on having my sims leave the city any time soon.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,958 Member
    Yup, still planning to play in San Myshuno. In fact, I've expanded the penthouses for the expansion pack, allowing more sims to live there.

Not to mention, City Living still has features I can use, such as:
    • Fireworks
    • Festivals
    • Karaoke and karaoke bars
    • Singing skill
    • Careers (Politics, Critic, and Social Media)
    • Bubble bottles
    • Food stands (+produce stands)
    • Gaming consoles
    • Lot traits
    • And some more...

Though I do wish that the electrical box and water pipes exclusive to Needs TLC lots become available to players to place on their lots...