Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LindaD2015 wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 There is a video (I know there are many) on youtube to learn conversational Gaelic if you're interested. I tried but my memory won't allow me to retain the info. Personally, just learned in recent years that I'm about 50% Irish/English so suddenly I'm interested in all that is Irish.

@LindaD2015 Those online lessons are good alright, that's proper Gaelic. Or instead, I could spend some more time in the Gaeltacht, which are Irish speaking districts in Ireland (no English!). There's a Gaeltacht literally less than an hour from where I live, which I only visited once in my life, to order a pint of ...ehr..."fizz", would you believe it.

Alas, after I'd tried to order in Gaelic, the locals BEGGED me to ask whatever I wanted, in ENGLISH (rare); apparently I had ordered a substance that would kill me instantly. :D
    Can't blame them for not wanting to have to deal with this terribly dead fellow in their lovely pub- twas located in such a decent and quaint little village. If they had fulfilled my order in Gaelic, I'd still be haunting that place, literally, right now. I guess over here that would only attract more tourists, and I'd usually do anything for "The Greater Good", this time however...
    Anyway, to make a boringly short story even boringer and shorter, this was the day I gave up on learning proper Irish. The island is grateful.

Now, onto the next bit: If you're looking to learn "roguish" Irish , I could absolutely help out with that, no problem. No problem at all. I already know all the naughty words, unfortunately. Very easy to remember though! But - in my own defense- at least I can also say "thank you".
    Beautiful dress and I love how she's checking out his back side.

The dress is from Get Famous. GF has always been my least favourite EP, until I discovered that I just can't do without the awesome movie career CAS (and BB). Perfect for historical play.

Totally downloading this. I have your space ship build on my apartment roof 😂😂😂
    You're awesome!

Thank you @Babykittyjade
    I'm honoured!

I placed my Saloon on an apartment roof, just to test out would it work. I did this ESPECIALLY for you!
    Guess what?

It works like a farm! Just don't let your sim go anywhere near that water trough.😂

Saloon20stories.jpg

Here's what's his name, Sim Elliot. With his little friends.

Whatshisname.jpg

Watch out! Here comes Billy The Kid!

Billythekid.jpg

Next is The Karate Kid.
    The Karate Kid needs practice. Currently he's only able to do karate backwards.

Thekaratekid.jpg

And this little one here, is Android.

Sheep00.jpg

Android is Dreaming...

Sheep01.jpg

She's Dreaming of Electric Sheep.

Sheep02.jpg

PS:
    You can download the Saloon HERE

Hahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Thanks I'll be getting that saloon too!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,088 Member
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I thought this was so cute!! 🥺🥺 brave horses can comfort scared ones
    u1DMEhA.jpeg
    And then my other horse ran up and scared Rue again lol
    NzGfkhy.jpeg
    My favorite of the week
    Hc2Rygd.jpeg
    ycMYz6H.jpeg
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    My sim is still learning to ride her horse. She took the horse for a ride round Galloping Gulch.

dQNPnKY.png

Love the neighbourhood, it's so pretty.

3pMZgIn.png

She found a fishing spot and stopped to do some fishing while the horse ate some grass and took a nap. The horse earned a skill point in endurance ride by the time they got there, probably because it was a rather long ride.

CBWdNcW.png

y22i5ed.png

They returned late at night.

wJUwl3p.png

On the way back, for some reason the horse kept trying to buck her off.

AfoSL6G.png

But she surprisingly hold on and managed to get home without falling off her horse. Bad horsey!

IFLa18T.png

Here's the horsey in his backyard. You can hear coyotes howling at night so I'm thinking of getting a barn dog too.

PBqM9z0.png

I thought I was hearing things with the coyotes howling because I was playing with a werewolf. 🤣
    Then I had my werewolf howl and hear howling back lol
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    Sheep00.jpg
    Android is Dreaming...
    Sheep01.jpg
    Sheep02.jpg
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Great names for the goats. I especially loved your reference to PKD's book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." 🤩
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    lol @Babykittyjade that is one scary demon horse!!

I gotta say, I love this pack. Never really been a big horse fan but the ranchy themes and cowboy feeling I've always loved.
    I feel inspired again to build and to play and I've missed this feeling. <3
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    At this point i don't know rather to watch my infant doing adorable things, toddler throwing a tantrum,
    my goats and sheep jumping around and being cute, my group of horses interacting with eachother and running around the lot, my dogs rolling around in the mud and being gross 🤢, my cat jumping all over the place, or my sims doing sim things lol. I never know what to focus the camera on anymore 😂😂
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,459 Member
    I thought this was so cute!! 🥺🥺 brave horses can comfort scared ones

And then my other horse ran up and scared Rue again lol
    NzGfkhy.jpeg

That horse looks like you've been feeding him coal ambers! :lol: Is it supposed to be a dragon or a gargoyle, or maybe a panther?
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited August 2023
    Now that I have all my families finally finished, Chestnut Ridge feels complete.

Night-on-the-Ranch.png

These are all the families I added while keeping all the premade households that came with the pack.
    Although Sheriff Pony was raised in Galloping Gulch, he met his wife, Lizie, and her sweet mom, Dayna, while on a business trip to Henford-on-Bagley. Sheriff Pony and Lizie and a beautiful country wedding. Their son, Beckham, is the apple of their eye.

Lucas Rider is a doctor who was sick of city life. His best friend, Joey, was also tired of the hustle and bustle of the city. So, they discussed it with their wives and decided to purchase the rental in Galloping Gluch. They hired a contractor to build them an underground house so that their three horses would have plenty of room on the main level.
    Galloping-Gulch-Neighbors.png

Braylen inherited his grandpa's ranch. So, him and his new bride, Lydia, decided to keep the ranch and give this new lifestyle a try. It turned out to be a good decision because all of their neighbors are so friendly and welcoming.
    New-Appaloosa-Family.png

Grandpa Wayne Weston always knew that his son, Smith Weston, would some day marry Tia. That boy had the biggest crush on her ever since they were little. Tia made him the happies man alive by becoming his wife. Grandpa Weston loves spoiling his granddaughter, Makayla.

Chayton needed some help around the farm; so, he decided to take Savanah up on her offer to run the ranch business together. Chayton doesn't like to mix business with pleasure; yet, he's slowly falling for Savanah.

The final local family that was raised in Chestnut Ridge is the Apache family. Grandma and Grandpa Apache were pleased when their son Ahanu married such a lovely lady and had their precious granddaughter, Nita.
    Rider-Glen-Neighbors.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,088 Member
    @Hearts4u what an interesting cast of characters. Hope you'll keep up updated on their adventures.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

@CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Dizzying wasn't even the half of it. She just about died.
    Could have had something to do with the graphical glitches.😂 I've not been paying attention, but I feel like I should have been warned.😂 I don't know why he headed straight for the porch once she mounted him, but the porch collapsed under the weight of the two of them, and as they sank into the ground, your magical beast ended up with her neck in his mouth. I have no explanation.😂 I am currently traumatized and unsure if she will attempt another ride.

53090545500_2a6521dbe9_c.jpg
    @Monet11 what can I say? He’s just that kind of beast. :D

Beautiful unicorn!
    Thank you @LindaD2015 !
    lanlyn wrote: »
    Sheep00.jpg
    Android is Dreaming...
    Sheep01.jpg
    Sheep02.jpg
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Great names for the goats. I especially loved your reference to PKD's book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." 🤩
    Cheers @lanlyn ! My game is full of book/ movie/ song references.
    I once had a family of 3 chickens ( rooster, hen, chick) which I named after the Torrence family from The Shining. Along came a 4th chick whom I decided to name after the kid’s (Danny) imaginary friend, Tony. A white Winter followed and eventually Jack, the evil rooster, got chowed down on by a fox. 😅
    Oh, I’m sure not everyone will understand why I’m having such absurd fun with this game. (Plus I’m easily amused).
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,427 Member

@Monet11 I'm so excited for you! Happy gaming! Apparently the magical unicorn was more than the porch could stand! I hope everyone is alright.
    @Monet11 what can I say? He’s just that kind of beast. :D

Fallon did the only thing she knew to do. She put on something red, bleached her hair a little bit brighter blonde, and set out to tame the beastly magical unicorn who had previously tried to take her life.
    He was warmly receptive to her friendly hugs, and even showed a tenderness towards her.
    53094458867_bdd90b96f7_c.jpg

They had a slow and gentle walk down into the valley, cooling off under the mist of the rainbow.
    53095516088_397455c6f2_c.jpg

The trip back up from the valley was not quite as relaxing. The Celtic Beast proved to be more of a mischief maker and insisted on trotting most of the way, much to Fallon's dismay. He also tried to toss her several times. She spent most of the ride with a rather panicked expression on her face. He, on the other hand, seemed rather gloriously amused.
    53094458837_0c6a810c8d_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    @Ellupelluellu I love this pic. The horse says, 'I'm a star! Introduce me and I'll show you my star power.'

@Hearts4u Beautiful horse family
    Thank you @LindaD2015
    @Hearts4u what an interesting cast of characters. Hope you'll keep up updated on their adventures.
    @simgirl1010 ... Sometimes I like giving my families a back story when I finish the neighborhood. Makes things more interesting.

Horse Ranch topic: Sulani was the first world I noticed that only had those Sims walking around the world; then an update happened and sadly something changed that. One of my main reasons for taking the time to create a lot of Sims and/or pets in a particular world is because I want to see mostly those Sims walking around by themselves or with their pets. Makes it easier to know which worlds they are from by how they are dressed. Horse Ranch's CAS items are not only really good but specific to the western theme.

While Chayton and Onyx were out riding, Tia Weston and their family horse, Henry, were out. There was also another horse and Sim out as well in the distance. Seeing Sims and horses who live in the world is what makes Chestnut Ridge so immersive.
    Riding-around-town.png
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Small but crucial credit to the team here for actually spelling "y'all" correctly in the ranch hand dialogue box. I hate it with a fiery passion when people incorrectly spell it as ya'll... so I appreciate the attention to detail here.
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2023
    @Monet Fallon's determination is rewarded but Celtic has to have a few surprises just for spite. He's Irish after all; therefore, he's spirited and determined.

@Hearts4u It is irritating that the worlds have more outsiders than locals in them anymore. I've been tempted to start killing off NPC's but I haven't degraded to that level yet. I don't mind an occasional visit because it looks like they decided to take a vacation or have a weekend getaway but when it is everyone one, their dog and their brother it is distracting. Beautiful scene with the horses.
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member

That is cool! I have never been able to adjust the height of objects. It doesn't matter about the camera settings either but it is wonderful that others can and do.

• Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 333 Member
    I'm really enjoying the addition of the mini goats and sheep. Those along with chickens from Cottage Living are some of my favourite gameplay additions. I've updated all the lots on Mua Pelem in Sulani to now be off the grid, simple living, volcanic and wild prairie grass lot challenges. All the houses have horses, goats and chickens. It's so much fun to play!
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    What is positive is that you can go to a lot and borrow their horse without the lot owner getting all possesive. So my Sim can have her equestrian needs met without owning a horse and reside in Willow Creek. It cost her 500 simolians which she gift the horse owner.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    @Peral Wait, what? You can borrow horses?

Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Now that I have all my families finally finished, Chestnut Ridge feels complete.

Night-on-the-Ranch.png

These are all the families I added while keeping all the premade households that came with the pack.
    Although Sheriff Pony was raised in Galloping Gulch, he met his wife, Lizie, and her sweet mom, Dayna, while on a business trip to Henford-on-Bagley. Sheriff Pony and Lizie and a beautiful country wedding. Their son, Beckham, is the apple of their eye.

Lucas Rider is a doctor who was sick of city life. His best friend, Joey, was also tired of the hustle and bustle of the city. So, they discussed it with their wives and decided to purchase the rental in Galloping Gluch. They hired a contractor to build them an underground house so that their three horses would have plenty of room on the main level.
    Galloping-Gulch-Neighbors.png

Braylen inherited his grandpa's ranch. So, him and his new bride, Lydia, decided to keep the ranch and give this new lifestyle a try. It turned out to be a good decision because all of their neighbors are so friendly and welcoming.
    New-Appaloosa-Family.png

Grandpa Wayne Weston always knew that his son, Smith Weston, would some day marry Tia. That boy had the biggest crush on her ever since they were little. Tia made him the happies man alive by becoming his wife. Grandpa Weston loves spoiling his granddaughter, Makayla.

Chayton needed some help around the farm; so, he decided to take Savanah up on her offer to run the ranch business together. Chayton doesn't like to mix business with pleasure; yet, he's slowly falling for Savanah.

The final local family that was raised in Chestnut Ridge is the Apache family. Grandma and Grandpa Apache were pleased when their son Ahanu married such a lovely lady and had their precious granddaughter, Nita.
    Rider-Glen-Neighbors.png

@Hearts4u Hey!
    I would like to know if the Keen family is on the gallery?
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    @aelias24 ... I just uploaded the Keen family to the gallery. When you search for my user name, you will need to check the box Include Custom Content. His wife has some CC items. I'll leave them up for about a week and/or until you download.

Enjoy. :)
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @aelias24 ... I just uploaded the Keen family to the gallery. When you search for my user name, you will need to check the box Include Custom Content. His wife has some CC items. I'll leave them up for about a week and/or until you download.

Enjoy. :)

Thank you!
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg