Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,284 Member
    My testing had positive result, so , posting here :)

Here new ranch owner, Kyle!
    dMo5xi1.png
    DHO7Syg.png
    BxuMRx5.png
    a7fdo9d.png

Household full of horses.

c8alVML.png
    Loaded Jenni, travelled with her to Kyles ranch.
    KDPm1ST.png
    Knocked the door, got in
    MCFWShB.png
    Making friends with one of them.
    LwyZCQP.png
    ItLWHIt.png
    She had fun riding, taking care of the horse and petting it, and left home.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    I just bought the pack. I lasted a week...
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 716 Member
    The coat reminds me of Once upon a time in the west
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 975 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

The POWAH of PONEH compels all!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This looks like a pack for me, the world has a great map for my quirky off-grid stories and it looks like a fun place for adventure!

I have a modded climbing rock from Bakie so I can build a wall to climb on out in the wilderness.

I am not however friends with the EA app. Will wait a bit to see if I am forced to update my game when the next patch arrives.

If I’m able to play online and not have to patch my game when I don’t want to I will by this pack later this year :)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member
    I finally got a chance to play around with Horse Ranch and boy oh boy, this boy ain't disappointed. Chestnut Ridge is a stunning World for starters!!

WILD-WEST01.jpg

I'm delighted that the huge equestrian centre with the modern carpark is situated at the edge of town, so that I can easily ignore it when I want to play in a historical, Wild West setting, which I am doing right now! Modern Shmodern.

It's so refreshing to get a pack full of good old fashioned, rugged masculine style CAS and rustic BB. For me it really opens up a world of new, interesting gameplay.

The very first sim that I moved into town is ofcourse The New Sheriff, Jay John 'Triple Jay' Jarvis.

I built a Sheriff's office for him, including a wee jailhouse. He basically lives there with his horse and his dog and his pet outlaw(s).

Here's the office...still a WIP or maybe not, I don't know yet:

THE-SHERRIFF-00.jpg

And here we can see Triple Jay writing his first crime report. The crime? Nancy Landgraab entered town when she was clearly banned. Since it's only Jay John Jarvis' first day, Nance got away with a warning. Next time there will be deadly consequences.

THE-SHERRIFF-01.jpg

The Jail is still empty, but not for long. Not for long. >:)

THE-SHERRIFF-02.jpg

ETA:
    And those ceilings....I can't express how delighted I am that we can finally, FINALLY paint them.

I love this!

Thank you @GracieO312 !

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Please put your sheriff's office on the exchange when you finish it! I love it and would like it for a sheriff I plan on putting in my 1800s game. I already built the mercantile from Little House On the Prairie and a Saloon, and your sheriff's office is perfect for my game! Thanks in advance!

Cheers, @maggiemae8135, will do!
    It should be on the gallery by tomorrow.

Below is a still of my build test of The Rogue's Rest Saloon, which I will also upload as soon as it's complete. The achy feelin' fellow riding that old stallion is called Ó Faoláin. Ó Faoláin was recently attacked by Coyote-Man. Coyote-Man lives atop a canyon, THE Canyon. No one has ever met Coyote-Man, except Ó Faoláin*. Hmmm... just his luck...

NXR-SALOON.jpg

Ó Faoláin pronunciation: OH-FWAY-LAWN·

It means "Wolf" in Irish.

Aye jolly ranchers, there shall be no Wild West without me Wild West Werebeasts. Ye better start countin' yer sheep! o:)
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

The POWAH of PONEH compels all!

I was going to wait until my birthday so I could make the joke that I got a pony for it but yeah… that didn’t happen!
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member

At least she informed you. I keep getting the same gal. She'll work for two maybe three days then disappears & I have to rehire. It would be nice if I could choose a different ranch hand.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,623 Member
    @Ellupelluellu wow, Kyle looks like he was born for the Wild West, he looks very hot in that outfit 😍

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 do you still speak Irish? Just curious. Is your gallery I.d. the same? I'd like to follow your creations.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 do you still speak Irish? Just curious.

@elanorbreton
    Ha! When did I ever stop speaking Irish? I’m still the same nutcase. Nothing changed.
    In all fairness I can only speak a few words and sentences in the ancient tongue, I speak mostly Blabberish with a thick Nonsense accent.
    I sometimes wonder who on earth writes my comments, I swear some evil leprechaun must be logging in after I switch off, just to make and absolute mess of my posts and embarrass me in the mornings. I probably shouldn’t have left my mark on that fairy tree. 😅
    Is your gallery I.d. the same? I'd like to follow your creations.

Thank you! It is indeed still CPTN_NXR7. Unfortunately the gallery doesn’t seem to appreciate the underscore so it’s not that easy to find me.

Here's a shortcut to the Jailhouse aka Sheriff's Office & Jail.

And here's a random pic of a Lady checking out Ó Faoláin's Peach.
    PEACHY-BUSINESS.jpg

• Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 There is a video (I know there are many) on youtube to learn conversational Gaelic if you're interested. I tried but my memory won't allow me to retain the info. Personally, just learned in recent years that I'm about 50% Irish/English so suddenly I'm interested in all that is Irish.
    Beautiful dress and I love how she's checking out his back side.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 899 Member
    Having so much fun with this pack, I have a large ranch now, with a horse, a cow, 3 chickens, a garden and just had an infant. Was doing some horse competitions, and making nectar, but have slowed down on those activities as running the ranch and taking care of everyone is a struggle sometimes, but I am really enjoying it. I still haven't gotten the sheep or goats yet, I think I will wait until my infant becomes a toddler or child. Aspects of Cottage Living go really well with this pack. I am in love with the game all over again.
  • Options

I've seen them! Watched them scurry along the fence next to my poor little simmies property wondering if we were going to get an invasion on the scale of sims 1 or 2.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just noticed that there are star clusters, possibly constellations in Chestnut Ridge's night sky.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I finally got a chance to play around with Horse Ranch and boy oh boy, this boy ain't disappointed. Chestnut Ridge is a stunning World for starters!!

WILD-WEST01.jpg

I'm delighted that the huge equestrian centre with the modern carpark is situated at the edge of town, so that I can easily ignore it when I want to play in a historical, Wild West setting, which I am doing right now! Modern Shmodern.

It's so refreshing to get a pack full of good old fashioned, rugged masculine style CAS and rustic BB. For me it really opens up a world of new, interesting gameplay.

The very first sim that I moved into town is ofcourse The New Sheriff, Jay John 'Triple Jay' Jarvis.

I built a Sheriff's office for him, including a wee jailhouse. He basically lives there with his horse and his dog and his pet outlaw(s).

Here's the office...still a WIP or maybe not, I don't know yet:

THE-SHERRIFF-00.jpg

And here we can see Triple Jay writing his first crime report. The crime? Nancy Landgraab entered town when she was clearly banned. Since it's only Jay John Jarvis' first day, Nance got away with a warning. Next time there will be deadly consequences.

THE-SHERRIFF-01.jpg

The Jail is still empty, but not for long. Not for long. >:)

THE-SHERRIFF-02.jpg

ETA:
    And those ceilings....I can't express how delighted I am that we can finally, FINALLY paint them.

I love this!

Thank you @GracieO312 !

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Please put your sheriff's office on the exchange when you finish it! I love it and would like it for a sheriff I plan on putting in my 1800s game. I already built the mercantile from Little House On the Prairie and a Saloon, and your sheriff's office is perfect for my game! Thanks in advance!

Cheers, @maggiemae8135, will do!
    It should be on the gallery by tomorrow.

Below is a still of my build test of The Rogue's Rest Saloon, which I will also upload as soon as it's complete. The achy feelin' fellow riding that old stallion is called Ó Faoláin. Ó Faoláin was recently attacked by Coyote-Man. Coyote-Man lives atop a canyon, THE Canyon. No one has ever met Coyote-Man, except Ó Faoláin*. Hmmm... just his luck...

NXR-SALOON.jpg

Ó Faoláin pronunciation: OH-FWAY-LAWN·

It means "Wolf" in Irish.

Aye jolly ranchers, there shall be no Wild West without me Wild West Werebeasts. Ye better start countin' yer sheep! o:)

Totally downloading this. I have your space ship build on my apartment roof 😂😂😂
    You're awesome!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Having so much fun with this pack, I have a large ranch now, with a horse, a cow, 3 chickens, a garden and just had an infant. Was doing some horse competitions, and making nectar, but have slowed down on those activities as running the ranch and taking care of everyone is a struggle sometimes, but I am really enjoying it. I still haven't gotten the sheep or goats yet, I think I will wait until my infant becomes a toddler or child. Aspects of Cottage Living go really well with this pack. I am in love with the game all over again.

I think inviting stay overs could make things easier. I love that if you keep extending their time you basically get free workers living with you.
    I didn't officially try it out to see if they will do all the work related to animals if you ask them to help out, because I had a friend invite herself over and just instructed her to relax. She would just dance her life away 😂
    But they definitely help with infants and around the house.
  • Options
    My favorite shots of the week.
    LxnYC4N.jpeg
    bzAvEaR.jpeg
    ePDgtsa.jpeg
    This aggressive horse is a wildling and always trying to bite my sim I love it😂

• Options
    My first attempt at painting a horse!

How did I do?

PTVpnFx.png

I made Axel from the Tangled tv show. Maximus and Fidella are up next!

Oh he came out beautiful!!! 👏👏👏👏
    I've been downloading horses because I still struggle with doing nice paintings.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 975 Member
    Been playing Horse Ranch to distract me from the messy horse disease that's been ramping up in SoCal. It just got to our area as the weather got really hot and the fly population exploded.

The mare, stealing the pony's dinner (which occasionally happened, but not often because I usually kept them separate)
    [img][/img]H1L0MhLh.png