Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I've put my pack rating thread back up - would love it if yall could come by to rate the pack after playing it for a bit :blush:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It blows my mind how talented simmers are with builds. There's so many nice ranches in the gallery I've just been going crazy for an hour trying to figure out which ones to fill my world with.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,064 Member
    7k1XFn1.png
    I love the pose for the Rancher trait.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 726 Member

Horse Ranch is adorable! I didn't think I'd like it so much but the world is pretty and the animals are way more expressive than I expected.
    There are bugs (saves not saving) but building with the new objects is really fun and I don't even like country/ranch stuff. LOL
    One thing I'm thrilled about? BANDANAS! I've wanted bandanas in the necklace category since day one! I'm so happy to have them now!

There are bugs (saves won't save) but I can work around them. I just woke up, I have my first cup of coffee, and I'mma blow off adulting and log in to buy some goats. I hope they mow the wild grass.

When you say saves not saving, do you mean like if you have one continuous save and you play with this pack that your game then won't save? The pack is tempting, mainly because I want Grim to ride a horse like the Pale Rider, and also I can potentially create the four horsemen of the apocalypse, but the game not saving with this pack would be an issue I'd want fixed before buying the pack.

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member
    I have been busy playing this pack, honestly I am no longer disappointed, I have been completely positively surprised actually, this pack has so much things that I adore, including horses, nectar making, an empty 64x64 lot (finally! Please continue adding empty big lots for new worlds in new packs Maxis! Thank you so much! <3), as well as the beautiful world, mini goats and sheep, and the fact we can have horses in any world, even on vacation, so awesome! I will most likely make nectar cellars and ranches/eco farms for every save from now on, another lovely surprise was the magical unicorn horn and the sparkling effects. I DO wish Maxis can still add unicorn occult, maybe even pegasus, pretty please? :love:
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,539 Member
    @UniqueKhaos @crocobaura Thank you much for your replies! That really helps! Now I'm not afraid to rescue the foals in fear of them being forever small, however cute they may be.

Does anyone else feel compelled to save all of the animals? I can't stand the idea of a horse in need who was neglected or abused, so I end up trying to squeeze them in somewhere in one of the households, even if it's a premade or townie. I was the same way with Cats and Dogs, especially the sick strays. I feel it's my duty to take them in, treat them, and find them homes. I have a high level Veterinarian in Brindleton just for that purpose. Cassandra Goth adopted her little cat Monster (the game named him and I thought it was perfect) on the docks when I just jumped in to play the Goths one time briefly to make some age and clothing adjustments.

Now, here I am, scrambling every time I open the horse rescue to see what poor creatures have been neglected. It's obviously a losing battle, the bin refreshes, I know that, but I'm a little crazy with this. There's going to be horses everywhere. Horses and cats and dogs peeing and pooping all over the place and no end in sight! Well, good thing they didn't raise the household limit, somebody's gotta stop me.

Don't look at me that way. Yes, my heart beats sometimes.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,240 Member
    @Bluegayle oh no, I hope it can be sorted straight away 🤞

I haven't played yet. I am trying to set my worlds up but have been having problems with lots of crashing. Meh.

Thanks elanor me too. LOL At least he was able to come by today and pick it up so there's a chance of getting it back early next week. Fingers still crossed I'm suspecting my video card as that was the only part that wasn't new. Dang and its been a good one too.
    Hate to think what a replacement might cost now.

Hope your get the crashing sorted out. I remember having a lot of that in my Sims3 days. For now I have my laptop but not sure how it will perform game wise. I've been spoilt. LOL Guess it just might have to be Farmville for awhile.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited July 2023
    One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how many people purchase a pack and are up in running with it. Me—on the other hand, will be like a slow turtle before I even start playing. Just purchased it right now because I was busy.

First, I have to do a lot a set-up before I even start playing. Things on the list:
    1. Building or remodeling any builds that I will keep.
    2. Create and/or move Sims to the new world.
    3. Get my main two Sims set-up.

I've never ever completely discovered everything about any pack because something family play related always comes and my attention becomes focused on that. Yet, it is a good problem to have because better to have more to do than not.

Time to stop horsing around and get down to the nitty-gritty.

I've created one horse so far. Meet Onyx.
    Onyx.png

Inspiration came from this horse
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,310 Member
    @LiELF , I will be opening a foal orphanage :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,911 Member
    edited July 2023
    Ok I’ve complained about some things in the other thread, now what I like.

- Horses look great.

- Even though the lots are too small, they did add a lot of jump bars, barrels, prairie grass in the world so at least if you can’t fit them on your lot you can still use those next door and your horse can find food easily when you go for a ride.

- I wish there were more horse breeds, but given the other customization options, you can probably make any horse you want.

- The world is beautiful, Galloping Gulch is my favorite area, it’s gorgeous.

- Mini goats and sheep jumping around are the cutest thing, I could watch that all day. Also they can eat from the “Hay Now” feeder, they eat the hay that’s on the floor.

- The downtown area has a lot of shells, but if we’re gonna have shells, then I like at least having some clickable ones we can do stuff with (in this case, buying groceries/books and changing clothes) so it’s nice that they did that.

- It’s nice that some build items have some cleaner wood and paint swatches, it makes them more versatile, if only they had done that for the kitchen counters too!!
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,337 Member
    Chestnut Ridge is the world I didn't know I needed. It fits most of my sims who were from Oasis Spring cowboy style. The builder's did an amazing job creating the feel. I turned The Oak Barrel into a formal restaurant. At first I was like why is there classical music playing but now I actually like it. It keeps the sims from dancing too. They can go to the nightclub for that. I think I'm going to keep the ranch a rental because I have sims in Oasis Spring that are children and grandchildren to those in Chestnut Ridge. I think it's a good place for my elder's. It was more easier for me to fill up this world than San Sequoia. One thing I thought of was being able to rent a horse while on vacation. It could be a feature that I haven't noticed but I guess my sims who aren't from Chestnut Ridge will have to buy and sell the horse when I want them to ride.

07-21-23-4-24-24-PM.png
    07-21-23-3-55-41-PM.png
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited August 2023
    Henford-on-Bagley is a nice world for horses, especially the Old New Henford neighborhood with those wide meadows.
    embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2155018&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1600&height=1200

And Sulani works also very well as horse country. I like the cross pack compatibility.
    embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2155017&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1600&height=1200
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am setting up Chestnut Ridge for my gameplay, placing some of my builds and adding items from the BB. I absolutely love everything so far! The walls, the furniture and the decor are perfect for a western ranch game! I was surprised at how much I can fit onto a smaller lot by changing things a bit, such as a slightly smaller house and changing way it sits on a lot. Not everyone will have a fully working farm/ranch combo, but am able to either add the CoL animals and a garden, or a barn/stables with horses. I know I will be playing a lot with this pack added! Just need to find more time, LOL.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,523 Member
    edited July 2023
    Ah, I love all the enthusiasm and the screenshots! I am now suffering from major FOMO!

I’ve been away and extremely busy, - as per usual when a good pack drops- but I finally got to update the game and install Horse Ranch early this morning.
    I jumped straight into one of my builds (in Windenburg) and began looking for a horse stables game object (that’s the way sims 3 works) which naturally took me ages since they do not exist…. Yes! I figured it out all by myself - I previously watched the livestream and clearly didn’t listen to a single word they said- that I only need a horse bed and build whatever I want around it. That’s absolutely awesome. Learning a thing like that just makes my day and this is coming from someone whose days are always filled with wonder & mystery.

I then continued to paint 2 ceilings ( lurv x 1000) before I had to switch it all off and leave again. I was in there for approximately 10 amazing minutes.
    Perhaps one of these days I’ll actually get to see what the world looks like and meet a nice horse. 😆

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Although I made some small adjustments to each existing household to fit my play style, this is the first time that I will keep every single household that came with the pack. The look of every single Sim that was created is spot on and really goes well with the area.

The world is breathtaking and the build items are amazing.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,380 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Now, here I am, scrambling every time I open the horse rescue to see what poor creatures have been neglected.

Who are you? And what have you done with @LiELF?
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    I just can't stop cooing over the horses' animations. They are so adorable!
    Today I spotted my mare splashing her muzzle playfully into the water trough after she started drinking, and I just love to send my sims brushing her or patting her neck.

I can't wait to get a second horse, but my legacy rules say that only male kids can have a horse (or daughters who roll the 'Horse Riding' interest), and so far my founders had two girls (Viola and Pearl). So it seems like it's still not time for a second horse. In the meantime, I keep getting the paddock bigger and bigger, because Flora likes to run around (and it's not cute when she runs into things).

Joseph Church and Hello Flora
    18983919a8055-screenshotUrl.jpg
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 975 Member
    I just can't stop cooing over the horses' animations. They are so adorable!
    Today I spotted my mare splashing her muzzle playfully into the water trough after she started drinking, and I just love to send my sims brushing her or patting her neck.

I can't wait to get a second horse, but my legacy rules say that only male kids can have a horse (or daughters who roll the 'Horse Riding' interest), and so far my founders had two girls (Viola and Pearl). So it seems like it's still not time for a second horse. In the meantime, I keep getting the paddock bigger and bigger, because Flora likes to run around (and it's not cute when she runs into things).

Joseph Church and Hello Flora
    18983919a8055-screenshotUrl.jpg

Playing in the water! Love it!

https://youtu.be/dz1id6Vt-oo

(ignore the commentary, I have such a derpy voice, LOL)

@PifflePrincess ... everytime i see your name, I wanna call you PiaffePrincess. A piaffe is a dressage move.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,380 Member
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,630 Member
    @Hearts4u I need to join your slow turtle club 😄

I'm just setting up my new save to my liking and haven't even looked at the new world yet.

I have used some of the new content in the other worlds though and am loving the BB items. Tomorrow I will be working on Granite Falls with some of the ranch stuff and finishing off Henford.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,437 Member
    So jealous. I've got to get a new computer to run this and am just missing all the fun everyone seems to be having.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Hearts4u I need to join your slow turtle club 😄

I'm just setting up my new save to my liking and haven't even looked at the new world yet.

I have used some of the new content in the other worlds though and am loving the BB items. Tomorrow I will be working on Granite Falls with some of the ranch stuff and finishing off Henford.

lol :p I have been working on setting things up for the better part of the day. I've been either rebuilding or remodeling the interior of several builds to accommodate the number of families I want to place.

Although, I still have a long way to go, it will be worth it once I'm finished.

So far I've finished two builds and am working on one more before I call it quits for the day. Finished creating two households. Meet the Apache's. Ahanu and his wife wife, Fala, are raising their daughter, Nita, in Rider's Glen. His parents, Karuk and Leotie, live with them along with their two horses, Princes and Molasses.
    Apache-Family.png

Apache-Grandparents-and-Horses.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,539 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Now, here I am, scrambling every time I open the horse rescue to see what poor creatures have been neglected.

Who are you? And what have you done with @LiELF?

I need an exorcism!! Send help.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    After creating this Sim to be married to someone else, I decided to change things up because I liked the way he looked so much that I decided he'll be married to my Sim in the household I'll be playing.

Having this pack in my game makes me really happy.
    Chayton-Blackrock-1.png

Chayton-2.png