Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Four kits? Boooooo!

I'm so tired of this "content" that is completely devoid of any gameplay and still haven't purchased a single kit. Ugh, we will probably be waiting until the end of the year again for something that is of substance.

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    The road map is until June. So we might still get something other than kits in the summer. Let's hope so. Besides we just had a big EP and a huge infant update.
  • Options
    ZerelthZerelth Posts: 35 Member
    Despite getting lots of expansions since release I still feel like the Sims 3 has a lot more content to play with and it only had expansions. I hope the decrease in effort they are putting in is because they want to focus on Project Rene.
    xn2jilzetfiu.pngshe/her
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Well I love kits and can't wait to see what they are.

I think part of it is because of my gameplay style. I have one save with one family I play and it's taking a while to get around to all the game features. So with so much gameplay still to experience I appreciate the little bursts of new content.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Agreed. Bust the Dust is still my favorite kit because at least it provided new gameplay for $5. Too bad it was so poorly received and they never offered another.
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Bust the dust is my favourite kit too. I like kits because they are easy on my budget. I also play slowly. One of my favourite things to do is to use the Foster Family mod by LittleMsSam and to tell stories based on the Sims that arrive to the household. I get to experience a variety of different stories that way, and I find that the kits are building blocks for my imagination.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2023
    I have no objection to kits because they regularly provide us with bigger packs and good gameplay and free updates. Look at all we just got. A kit is not hurting anything and I have quite a few of them myself. My favorite is that kids kit! I use that stuff in every kids build I have.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Shanney139Shanney139 Posts: 58 Member
    They need time to sort out all the bugs in Growing Together before another expansion anyways. - I haven't bought it but I've heard from others that there are a lot of bugs....
  • Options
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    Bust the dust is my favourite kit too. I like kits because they are easy on my budget. I also play slowly. One of my favourite things to do is to use the Foster Family mod by LittleMsSam and to tell stories based on the Sims that arrive to the household. I get to experience a variety of different stories that way, and I find that the kits are building blocks for my imagination.

I totally agree with this. I know a lot of simmers will say the kits offer no new gameplay but clothing and furniture can definitely inspire new gameplay for me.

The Modern Menswear kit inspired me to download a David Rose sim (Schitts Creek) because the clothing suited his style perfectly. I then went on to decorate an apartment for him. He's now best friends with my sim Juliette and helps her run her retail spa store, Rejuvenate. Which was inspired by Rose Apothecary, David's shop on the show.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited April 2023
    I love the build/buy kits, so I'm hoping for more. Haven't bought the other kits. I was interested Bust the Dust, but then there seemed to be a lot of bugs.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The best part about kits is that I don't buy them, thus saving me money.

But I do agree. I do miss gameplay kits.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Well as one who has only bought two Kits, but own all the other packs the problem becomes the gallery. If a character is dressed up with a certain KIT there is no idea to download it. The same gor for Lots that include a lot of kits and maybe that is a selling point for EA
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2023
    I hope these kits are a elementary school expansion pack with a dance school a daycare expansion pack with a daycare center for infants and toddlers a horse expansion with a ranch for horseback riding and a zoo expansion pack with all kinds of animals like elephants tigers and monkeys also I hope the new update will be about burglars and burglar alarms and I hope they all come out soon
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    mollie1998 wrote: »
    I hope these kits are a elementary school expansion pack with a dance school a daycare expansion pack with a daycare center for infants and toddlers a horse expansion with a ranch for horseback riding and a zoo expansion pack with all kinds of animals like elephants tigers and monkeys also I hope the new update will be about burglars and burglar alarms and I hope they all come out soon

Uh…these are going to be kits? Not expansions so you might be a bit disappointed. B)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    mollie1998 wrote: »

As was stated above, we're not getting expansion packs, just kits. Kits are the tiny packs that usually just have a small handful of CAS or Build/Buy items and that's it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    There will only be kits this season, they tend to be pretty creative with their kits but it's not a lot of new content to play with during spring if you only play the sims.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    If I remember correctly in November they said that there would be two EPs and at least one GP this year. So we knew there would be one quarter, maybe two, that were light on packs. I'll take four well done kits in one quarter to add CAS and BB assets, while the EPs and GPs focus more on adding gameplay, and well done gameplay at that.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Well done game play? What's that? Oh, yeah, TS2. Fewer bugs so more gameplay. Have been there a lot lately thanks to the [deleted] app.
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    If I remember correctly in November they said that there would be two EPs and at least one GP this year. So we knew there would be one quarter, maybe two, that were light on packs. I'll take four well done kits in one quarter to add CAS and BB assets, while the EPs and GPs focus more on adding gameplay, and well done gameplay at that.

People say this every year, yet every year the gameplay is lacking despite the scarcity of gameplay packs. So I don't think scarcity is doing anything to contribute to quality.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Future wrote: »
    Agreed. Bust the Dust is still my favorite kit because at least it provided new gameplay for $5. Too bad it was so poorly received and they never offered another.

For £5 the gameplay was good value. I love the mundane tasks as it feels more like a life simulator. I dislike the dust bunnies (they feel more like something more belonging in Realm of Magic). I would buy the kit if there was an option for the dust but not the dust bunnies.

There also needs to be a broom 🧹added, a dustpan and brush, plus yard brush for patios too. Maybe Sims could chase unwanted Sims on thier lot or random visitor with the yard brush! 😳😂

Mean interaction; chase off with brush.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2023
    asa144 wrote: »

People say this every year, yet every year the gameplay is lacking despite the scarcity of gameplay packs. So I don't think scarcity is doing anything to contribute to quality.

It's difficult to tell because their packs are so different in terms of focus and quality... how do you compare Growing Together with Discover University or another expansion pack before they were making kits? but I think I agree, packs still seem to have about the same quality and the same amount of content (gameplay, cas, b/b) as they had before when they were not making kits so I don't think we have seen any major changes there.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Maybe they cooked up a gameplay kit to go well with this recent EP? :smile:

I also recommend Bust the Dust bc of the gameplay itself and the aspirations are fun.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Flap wrote: »

I also recommend Bust the Dust bc of the gameplay itself and the aspirations are fun.

There are aspirations?? Is this pack still buggy?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Flap wrote: »

There are aspirations?? Is this pack still buggy?

Bust the Dust comes with two new aspirations under the Location category; Fabulously Filthy and Perfectly Pristine.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/03/03/the-sims-4-bust-the-dust-kit-aspiration-overview/
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I have no objection to kits because they regularly provide us with bigger packs and good gameplay and free updates. Look at all we just got. A kit is not hurting anything and I have quite a few of them myself. My favorite is that kids kit! I use that stuff in every kids build I have.

I don't agree with kits not hurting anything. We haven't had a single stuff pack since the introduction of kits. So kits definitely impacted the release of stuff packs.
    Kits are OK, some of them have pretty items and I eventually ended up buying a few. But if giving up stuff packs is the price to pay for kits, I would have preferred to keep getting stuff packs. Most stuff packs add gameplay or an object with unique interactions. Kits (with the exception of bust the dust) only add pretty looks for things we already have.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Kits are truly the worst thing to happen to Sims 4 excluding the base game being rushed out without life stages cars and service npcs.

I simply don't see what the community has gained with them we forever lost stuff packs in favor of packs with no game play a few objects or clothing outfits.

In my opinion Nifty Knitting alone content destroys all kits combined new ability to knit huge selection of things you can make gets updates such as infant clothing metal music rocking chair elders being able to reminiscence and Plopsy. I just don't understand how we gained anything at all losing stuff packs for kits the expansions have not improved we still see the same shortcuts with very little new animations being added.

I guess we're stuck with them clearly enough are buying kits.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"