Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unsavory charlatan

hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
Has anyone run into this guy? My sim saw him when she was downtown and he robbed her. Now he stalks her house and the only option I have is "fisticuffs" which chases him away for a bit but then he comes back.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this guy?

Comments

• Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    You can look for a mod, he was added in TS2 Bon Voyage, and is nothing more than a pickpocket based off of old movie villains. Mod The Sims under The Sims 2 should have a mod to get rid of him. But you can also just cancel his interaction with you when you see the interaction bubble.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I think deleting him will corrupt the game so I wouldn't do that.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I fear mods and corruption so I think I'll just ignore him and hopefully he stops coming around.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I've never noticed him except in vacation areas. He really comes to your sims home?? I love how I still learn things about this game after so many years ! :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yeah he stands around on the back porch for hours as soon as she steps outside an action queues up for him to greet her, but I keep canceling it.

It's a shame she can't do anything to him but fisticuffs which is some kind f fight that chases him away for a little while.

There are so many new to me things I missed before too! Did you know once you level them up a bit as a witch they can make themselves disappear and reappear whenever you want? Other sims get spooked too. I shocked the heck out of her maid, lol.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    The Unsavory Charlatan is annoying for sure! I have only seen him on community lots. It's inevitable. He's going to pickpocket your sim. After the commotion dies down, sim life goes on as normal.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,304 Member
  • Options
    Freakystyley85Freakystyley85 Posts: 21 Member
    Is your game patched? The reason I ask is he only comes around on community lots. Do not delete him it will corrupt you game.
  • Options
    Is your game patched? The reason I ask is he only comes around on community lots. Do not delete him it will corrupt you game.

Actually he can enter residential lots.

"Sims with low logic skill levels will be more liable to his tricks, while Sims with higher logic might be able to ward off his plan. He is able to enter residential lots, vacation homes, and community lots."
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Unsavory_Charlatan
  • Options
    I'm not sure if my game has any patches. I played it so long ago and now I had the ultimate collection on orgin that they just have placed there for me. I was on a community lot the first time she saw him, he pickpocketed her and she fought him; the she "reported a suspicious person"on the taxi phone.

Later that night he showed up on her porch her only options were to fisticuffs him or let him greet her. I even tried having her call the police but they fined her for a non emergency. Lol.

I kept ignoring him and canceling the action and it's been a few sim days now and he hasn't come back. It must have just glitched somehow and the game thought she was still on the community lot.
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

"Sims with low logic skill levels will be more liable to his tricks, while Sims with higher logic might be able to ward off his plan. He is able to enter residential lots, vacation homes, and community lots."

Oh good to know, thanks! My sim does have a very low logic skill. That's probably the issue, she's a witch though she should be able to outsmart him. Lol.

Id like to see him in a room with Mrs Crumplebottom now.
  • Options
    hmae123 wrote: »

Oh good to know, thanks! My sim does have a very low logic skill. That's probably the issue, she's a witch though she should be able to outsmart him. Lol.

You're welcome... :) And if I'm not mistaken, I think when they released the UC for TS2 that it was suppose to have all of the patches and that they fixed things in the game. In the description it says that it is the most up-to-date version of TS2. So I'm assuming that it means that it has all of the patches ever made for it from EA... :)
    http://simsvip.com/2014/07/15/origin-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

• Options
    hmae123 wrote: »

You're welcome... :) And if I'm not mistaken, I think when they released the UC for TS2 that it was suppose to have all of the patches and that they fixed things in the game. In the description it says that it is the most up-to-date version of TS2. So I'm assuming that it means that it has all of the patches ever made for it from EA... :)
    http://simsvip.com/2014/07/15/origin-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

Thank you! That's good to know. I don't any to mess with any mods or anything. I corrupted my sims 3 game (and computer) with bad CC and ever since then I fear mods. Lol.
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    When the UC came out, they did have a patch. You just right click on the game in origin and go to "check for updates" and it should download it.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I've never seen him at home, only at community lots.

It's funny how if you see him while on vacation, he actually blends in with the locals by wearing their native attire. The top hat, handlebar mustache, and monocle still give it away, though. Haha
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Neutral_Warlock16Neutral_Warlock16 Posts: 7 New Member
    Just build a fence around your property and lock the gate to household members only. That keeps out all unwanted visitors, including university NPCs.