Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is EA or the Sims 4 don't understand

PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I want to play my game as I want too. I dont want to be conditioned to some of the new things YOU have introduced. I hate the new things you have changed like being able to to remove wishes that are not ever going to be fulfilled.

The Sims 4 should not be a challenge it should be like we had in the Sims 2. A Sims life as we want it to be. You are making things as a challenge this is not a life similation.

I like a challenge in a game but the Sims 4 is suppose to be a lifetime fulfillment and some challenges are acceptable but the Sims 4 is no longer a Sims lifetime of fulfillment but accepting requirements that the game is asking to fulfil. How is this our game? The game is becoming controlling and no longer our game
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'm not against challenge, but I agree the game is becoming too railroady and taking too much out of our hands.

- Why can't I cancel a want? Because the game thinks this is what the the sim craves and would never drop. But it's MY sim, the game doesn't know what that sim wants, only I do.

- Why can't we create our own apartments? Because the devs are proud of their pretty, realistic shells. Okay, but what if my not-so-perfect creations are good enough for me, because I value versatility over looks? Really, I'm not so disappointed that I'd stop buying more dlc if I botch an apartment, there's no need to protect me from my lack of building skill.

- Why can the pack leader not change the values and promotion requirement tasks for their pack? Okay, maybe tradition is so strong that sims 4 pack leaders are only keepers of the tradition instead of legislative bodies. But then give us the option to create a pack from scratch.

- Sims 4 never made a secret of being different from the older iterations and some of us liked that. We didn't miss repoman, curfew, story progression or fears. But that and more is getting added back in, some in a great way (toddlers), others in a way that actively destroys what I liked about the game (ns-stories phonecalls can only be disabled with a mod).

We all clicked that "I agree that I'm buying a license to play this and EA is free to change the product anytime", but I hadn't expected that much change. The update frequency feels more like that of a browser or mobile game.

(I don't expect this to change anything, but it feels good to occasionally "Make angry post".)
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yep! Their motto .... "Play with Life!" .... and in tiny print (our way)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited August 2022
    idk my problems with new fears and wants is that removing fear via aspiration points is bugged the fear stays even when i supposedly deleted it

and also you repeatedly get hit with listen to x radio station want which gets in the way of all other wants cause you never get them if your sim does not listen to bloody radio 10 times a day

and then they get fear of unfulfilled dreams cause you couldn't bother switching radio channel your whole sim day

and locking dreams is useless cause that also leads to fear of unfulfilled dreams as you actually you know take a while to do the freaking thing like have a child for instance its not gonna be fulfilled in a freaking sim day chill out simmies

also gaining fears is tad too easy and they're resolved in weird ways like people are judging you talk to random person and you've resolved it wow does not even matter what person you talked to or if they hate you passionately

also there seems to be no real impact like my sim got fear of being cheated on but they still did all the romance stuff as usual with their spouse no trouble

speaking of which i hate when that is triggered by some other sim flirting with your sim as you turn your back and your sim didn't even react positively like excuse me but how is that cheating

and no every sim ever should not be so paranoid and jealous as to consider that cheating

oh and speaking of control... i just want to be rid of randomized townies and restore order by assigning rightful npc to their npc roles when game kicks them out thats all i ask

oh and phones. no more that.
    why does my sim have to stare at phone every second of their existence

if it must be thing make it separate trait don't make all the sims do it all the freaking time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    also gaining fears is tad too easy and they're resolved in weird ways like people are judging you talk to random person and you've resolved it wow does not even matter what person you talked to or if they hate you passionately

That reminds me of the time when I was playing a single sim and she had just watched a movie that I wanted to make her favorite. Since there is no self-interaction, she stormed out of her house and yelled at the nextbest passerby (a premade, but I don remember which one) that she likes family movies.

With weather at least it makes sense. Entering a bar and complaining about the rain into everyone's general direction isn't too odd.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well, EA is an American Corporation Business. Where as, Sims 4 is a computer game.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    In The Sims 2, it was also not possible to cancel wants and fears.
    What happened was that once a want or fear was fulfilled, the system would reset, generating new wants and fears based on your sim's personality, and what was going on in their lives.

The truth is that it is not possible to please everyone. The Sims 4, for many years, was an extremely sandbox game, with no sense of challenge, where it delivered everything easily to players, unlike previous generations, where players had to put in a little effort to get things done.

I'm quite happy and satisfied with the way desires and fears work, and I still manage to have a sandbox game just right.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2022
    Oh my god. I mean, isn't The Sims 4 a dollhouse enough? I'm SO pleased they're attempting to add a brain and challenge to our sims. In The Sims 2, they literally DECIDE their life, you just have to watch and enjoy, they have a soul, you cannot change the wants and fears in TS2, they will reroll on their own, that was the Sims. Now we have to do EVERYTHING, we're like a novelist, this is not a Sims game anymore, this is just a storyteller tool. Ok, play with life, but what life? They're barbies.

Keep making the sims alive, Maxis.
    Post edited by plumboy23 on
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    What happened was that once a want or fear was fulfilled, the system would reset, generating new wants and fears based on your sim's personality, and what was going on in their lives.

The truth is that it is not possible to please everyone. The Sims 4, for many years, was an extremely sandbox game, with no sense of challenge, where it delivered everything easily to players, unlike previous generations, where players had to put in a little effort to get things done.

I'm quite happy and satisfied with the way desires and fears work, and I still manage to have a sandbox game just right.

Yeah players are constantly begging for this game to be like ts2 and for more challenges, then when players get it the team catches heat for it 😅😅
    When this forum had opened a thread where everyone could participate and say how the sims can improve the game the majority included wants, fears and challenges and that's exactly what they delivered.
    Based on what I heard the wants and fears does need some editing, like the constant fear of dead end jobs or being afraid of the dark in the daytime. But the system overall is what players begged for and it's one of things that bring challenges. I'm sure the team is not done with it and the minor issues with it will be resolved.

Me personally, I don't care too much either way but I've always loved ts4 for ts4. I don't need it to become older itenerations because I could easily go play them. Ts4 is the most sandbox of all and I love it for what it is.
    The only thing I would love to see brought from the older games is all of the objects and interactions that we still don't have, and the detailed animations of ts2.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2022
    I'm ok with the wants but the fears are pretty bugged, not going to lie, even when the fears are resolved a new one pops up and not matter how much you try to change it, it will pop up again. Although, the fear of death is actually my favorite one. xD
    However, Kinda wish there was an option to reroll the fears and wants like you could in the sims 2 through the actual in game mods they included in it. :wink:

You could reroll them. There was an in game mods and thrid party mods that allowed you to do that.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,380 Member
    I don't think fear of death is funny at all. It affects pretty much every old Sim in the game. I think it's insensitive and stereotypically made up.
    My older simself had three major anxiety attacks during one hour of play, where she was panicking because of fear of death. This makes it virtually impossible to play with an older Sim.
    Some of the other forms of fear are all too similar to the kind of extensional anxiety people struggle with every day. I think it's far too serious to turn into entertainment.

NB: In fairness, I would add that my simself actually managed to overcome her fear of death when she happened to meet a ghost in a museum with whom she could discuss her fear.
    I don't know if the fear is gone forever or if she has to chase ghosts for the rest of her days to overcome the fear of death.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2022
    I thought that wants and fears was interesting in the beginning when I started playing, it added a challenge and the game felt more like a game, I had challenges with how I wanted to play my sim.

But then I quickly noticed how some fears like "fear of dead-end job" and "fear of unwanted dreams" just kept popping up. It feels like this is the case so often in The Sims 4, some features just keep activating themselves consistently...

I would be more fine with it if it wasn't happening so often, and didn't punish other sims in the household because I am playing another sim.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Wants and fears, imo, should be optional for the player like likes and dislikes. Ask before giving it to them, ya know?

But I agree, I'm not against challenges, I actually have played the rags to riches one a few times, but I sort of just want the Sims to live as I want in other games. In still others, I wish I could set rules on other aspects- like making payments for jobs bigger or smaller.

Also agree the pack leaders should be able to choose the rules for the packs.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    edited August 2022
    I love the wants themselves though some would be better if they were made a little more cohesive like a Sim not randomly wanting to break up with their spouse unless relations spoilt, or they found themselves a Sim they dated much better.

It's the fears really. The same fears pop up all the time for me, if that Sim has to leave the lot to work. They will be guaranteed to get a fear of their job without fail, their job to their personality doesn't matter, their lack of disliking comittment doesn't matter, being at the top of your job doesnt' matter, getting promoted doesn't matter, changing jobs doesn't matter, even my workaholics are getting the fear! The only thing you can do is remotivate them which leaves them without the fear for a few days before it inevitably comes back.

Also every elderly Sim I've made has a fear of death straight out of CAS until I turn wants and fears on and off again to make it go away, that's just grim especially in a game where dying is a slap on the wrist as the ghosts of your Sim's now dead grandparents will call you to go bowling a day later.
    L9q8VGi.png