Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2022
    gc6164 wrote: »
    Anyone remember that survey from like 3-4 years ago ??

It's like they picked one feature from that description and ran with it for a whole game pack lol.. I would've much preferred the original concept :#
    Is this the romance pack?

iUTvfTg.png

All along, I have been very cynical about TS4. When I heard that this pack was coming, I let myself hope because I expected all of the above. After nearly eight years, I thought that this pack might add the thing that the game was missing -- a tangible reason to put two Sims together and build a family with them. Instead, the romance concept was pared down to a hollow token of what it could have been. The pack completely bypasses the relationship-building that precedes a wedding and makes it meaningful. As a result, TS4's wedding story is just another party in a game that was already chock-full of them.

My Wedding Stories is ultimately all icing, no cake.

If I wasn't so disappointed, the irony of that statement would be funny. Except, I'm not laughing. :'( (Jeez. Where's an angry devil emoji when you need one?)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,296 Member

Here you go. 👿
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

Here you go. 👿

?????
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,296 Member
    Kironide wrote: »

Here you go. 👿

?????

Just a bit of humor. Responding to the post above mine requesting an angry devil emoji.
  • Options
    Kironide wrote: »

Here you go. 👿

?????

Just a bit of humor. Responding to the post above mine requesting an angry devil emoji.

Sorry, yes I just realised before you posted. :D
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    So the pack is three hours away if my info is correct and there is nothing new about what has been fixed and what remains to be fixed in the wedding pack.Are the prospective buyers just jump and see what they bought?!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,608 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    So the pack is three hours away if my info is correct and there is nothing new about what has been fixed and what remains to be fixed in the wedding pack.Are the prospective buyers just jump and see what they bought?!
    Other people can be the guinea pigs 😉
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Peral wrote: »
    Other people can be the guinea pigs 😉

Yes, I too am waiting with anticipation to see everyone's reactions. :p
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2022
    I was hoping for better animations tbh. I don't know what lead me to think that, but I was expecting the guests to be able to watch the first dance, have cute moment reactions, applaud when is over, little things like that, it would be the very least minimum, even if those were broken and needed a fix. But it seems like we didn't even get that part right. Sims look like puppets like always, following orders without any impact on them. So I don't know, it's really disappointing. There isn't really a lot to do. It's crazy to me that they release a pack like this, it's obviously not finished and very poorly developed 👎
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Here you go. 👿

Heh. :)

👿 I have a feeling that I'll be using that one quite often in the coming days.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,529 Member
    I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and how they use the pack in their gameplay. I like the world and those new cakes are awesome.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    I honestly feel like on the sims form there are so many post regarding different pack likes, dislikes and wants that the team should be able to at any given day look at the form and gather good ideas for items and gameplay. This should be the ultimate resource for them . I keep thinking back to last years post where they asked us what we wanted to see in base game and so many people posted a lot of really great ideas and inspiration. If they dug more into what was posted by looking at post on the form pertaining to certain subjects they could have gathered so many more ideas but I feel like they just skimmed the surface and that was it . No more research needed so now things feel half done and not fully thought through.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,153 Member
    I guess I will lurking this forum for the next few days. I'm curious what experience the other simmers will made.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm actually interested to see if there's been any bug fixes to the pack after release. By the time I wake up tomorrow it should have been out for a fair few hours so expecting to see more commentary about the state of the pack.

We may not actually see any bug fixes to the pack after release, because they could roll that "patch" for what the GC's got into the download of the pack itself. As in, the pack releases with what fixes they have done already in it...and therefore they won't need to patch it nor release patch notes for it for the rest of us.
    GC's will be the only ones needing to download a patch if they do it that way. Considering GC's got the patch notes many days ago, most of those fixes were done before they ever announced the delay. The main reason for the delay appears to have been to finalize QC on the patch, not to actually work on the fixes themselves.

We'll find out soon.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    On the bright side I can make a church .With the stuff that came with the wedding stories.

I am excited about that !
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Oh, so possibly it indeed was intended to be a Stuff Pack. I've stumbled upon this video:
    https://youtu.be/yKPR6VX1EKA

And description of Wedding SP matches exactly with what we get marked as GP:
    e64aa639460084f2bfe1ed5e84ce3881614b07d5.jpg
  • Options
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Oh, so possibly it indeed was intended to be a Stuff Pack. I've stumbled upon this video:

e64aa639460084f2bfe1ed5e84ce3881614b07d5.jpg

I watched this too and I think she maybe right .
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    It really makes sense if it was. Made a stuff pack, threw in a world, now it's a (pretty lacking) game pack.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,418 Member
    edited February 2022
    Community Stuff Pack Project 2017

Theme ranking:
    1. Eco Living => SP13 Laundry Day Stuff but EP09 Eco Lifestyle came later
    2. Starter Home => SP16 Tiny Living Stuff
    3. Dangerous => SP18 Paranormal Stuff ???
    4. Wedding => GP11 My Wedding Stories
    5. Arcade

Wedding was the 4th choice of the community.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,656 Member
    edited February 2022
    Harukotyan wrote: »

*snip*

That's not surprising. Also, why is the GP called My Wedding Stories when stories isn't even a focus? What stories can you tell? If anything it's just wedding stuff that allows you to havea wedding, not tell a wedding story.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,477 Member
    New video update from Plumbella:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMI3g903AVQ
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    This does not surprise me.
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Yup i noticed that too. They had almost week extra time fix these but still it's pretty unplayble right now sadly.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,477 Member
    I wonder if the patch + Carl's Sims Guide's mod will make it close to fully functioning?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top