Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,304 Member
edited February 14 in Nominated Threads
This is for any negatives,criticisms and concerns.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    A lot of simmers have wanted a "love" themed gift, myself included. I am glad we are finally getting one... I just worry it will lack a lot of gameplay and good build/buy items
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I can see it now! No slow dancing, no new romantic interaction, nothing new for the kids or toddlers, no new venues. Or maybe I'm just thinking about the past pack :/
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 835 Member
    edited February 2022
    Never mind :cry:
    Post edited by SeashoreLivia on
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    I wanted a love pack that includes some type of attraction system and dating. This sounds like it’s focused on weddings which I’m not thrilled about but I’ll wait to hear more info
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Based on the speculation, leaked information and screenshots, I'm not holding out hope for this pack.

It appears as though the focus is going to be on the stages of planning a wedding and all the different kinds of parties that tie in with that. I wanted a pack that would expand on love and romance in general, and give us an attraction system, and not just be about weddings.

It sucks that I'm feeling so disappointed, and before the pack has even been officially announced too. 😔
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    Based on the speculation, leaked information and screenshots, I'm not holding out hope for this pack.

It appears as though the focus is going to be on the stages of planning a wedding and all the different kinds of parties that tie in with that. I wanted a pack that would expand on love and romance in general, and give us an attraction system, and not just be about weddings.

It sucks that I'm feeling so disappointed, and before the pack has even been officially announced too. 😔

I love this pack and ideas, but that's my fear. All that we have seen so far is something that can be expanded off of something already in the game. GP's are suppose to have have gameplay we haven't seen. This should have hotels or something worthy of a GP price. Even though I came to the negative thread, I still hope that we will see something worthy of it being a GP. Trouble is, as a whole, Sims 4 has been a disappointment and the lack of content, babies/farm animals tied down, and no open world are huge disappointments as well as packs that are lacking(no underwater world/houseboats in Sulani; small world in Vampires; no real hotels in City Living) or just not what I needed(Strangerville, Starwars). I loved kits when they first started. I like the dust one and the newest one with the carnival clothes are cute, but I didn't buy the 3 before carnival clothes, because they don't seem to have clothes that we don't already have. Just not enough of a difference for it to be worth it. I thought Cottage Living was suppose to be a farming game, but tied down animals are awful. For me, Sims 4 is just a huge step down from Sims 3 in terms of massive content, massive game play, and real spacious worlds that you really control. I really love this pack idea, just afraid it's going to be a glorified large CAS/BB/world with no real gameplay to warrant it being called a GP.
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I am worried we won't be getting any good looking wedding dresses and proper wedding veils.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,304 Member
    Never mind :cry:

Is something wrong ?
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    If R&B and slow dancing cannot make it to the game pack or an update, I'm gonna be very upset ah when this part happens to me!
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    As of the spoiled feature list outside of a possible dancing upgrade this pack contains no new gameplay not 100% connected to weddings, an event already in game. Also an event that doesn't make it in many play throughs. No new careers nothing. What a narrow pack. We need gameplay. Something this pack will not provide. To make things worse this pack CAS and Build/Buy items seems also also 100% wedding focused on the leased screen shots. This means they are of limited use. Game packs should affectvthe game this like will not.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don’t get this game pack at all. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

I thought it more romance and dating. More along the lines of Love Island type vibe. Like a special house where you can place 8 Sims and maybe set house rules or lot traits etc.

You can get married in the base game. I’ve been playing years and had weddings. I don’t need a specific pack for weddings etc.

If there’s a new world 🌎 then usually game packs are 5 lots at minimum. 😢

Might get it on sale for the new build stuff but will wait until I can see everything that comes with it.
    Looks mostly wedding themed from the pictures released so couldn’t use it for everyday. 🙄
    Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 725 Member
    I have no issue with expanding what we can do with weddings, but stuff like couples dancing, the ability to choose wedding outfits & improved wedding venues should have been a base game upgrade for everyone. The pack feels like a lot of fluff and no substance.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I am hopeful for this pack, and it sounds cool, but I'm worried that there won't be any new romantic interactions with the update. I think we really need some, especially interactions like the bed interactions and slow dancing! Hopefully they will balance out the wedding part with other romance related things.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    I am worried we won't be getting any good looking wedding dresses and proper wedding veils.

i promise i don't play actual don't mean this to be mean just a little confused as to what you mean so what do you mean? i dont do actul weddings much because once i set one up and my groom who was the heir decied work was more important. lol also i know don't is right sometimes my keybard messes up.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I don’t really have much to say about TS4 anymore. I’m over it. I don’t play it. I don’t keep up with news for it. I can’t even remember the last time I checked the patch notes. It’s a lost cause. Why waste the energy?

I only come here to check for TS5, but I doubt that is going to be any better. They’re more concerned about pronouns.

—T
  • Options
    LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I don’t really have much to say about TS4 anymore. I’m over it. I don’t play it. I don’t keep up with news for it. I can’t even remember the last time I checked the patch notes. It’s a lost cause. Why waste the energy?

I only come here to check for TS5, but I doubt that is going to be any better. They’re more concerned about pronouns.

—T

Bruh i felt you all the way until you had the genius argument for why the sims series is suffering; pronouns.

This series shortcomings go way beyond the devs adding pronouns to the game lol, dont be stupid
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    For now quoting what I've posted in another thread. As of now I do not see anything to be positive about this GP. I do not buy packs for worlds or CAS/BB assets.
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    The description and screenshots left me very disappointed. I do not care about CAS/BB assets that much as well as about the new world (besides GP worlds are always so tiny). I see it just as another party pack with no "meat". My reasoning is below:

1) Sounds like we have several new types of parties - engagement dinner; rehearsal; bachelorette party & wedding itself of course. This will be goaled I guess but actually what's new here? Want engagement dinner - have a dinner party. Want rehearsal - regular home one or club gathering. Bachelorette can be interesting but so far not shown in any of screenshots besides briefly mentioned in the description. And I'm not expecting anything crazy 'cause TS4 is all on the safe side of things.
    2) New vendors are stalls again so it'll be hard to fit them in any other environment than their original design, moreover the cake one looks like part of the building - so again gameplay tied to the world? Just like grocery stand works in Henford only. Thank you, but no.
    3) Dancing shown surely include some new moves but it's definitely not a slow dancing. I figure if it was in the pack it would be shown.
    4) Exchanging wows, cutting cakes, giving speeches... what's new here? I saw nothing? It all exist in the game already.
    5) I see buffets and fountains repurposed from Luxury Party stuff. So again nothing new. Moreover I suspect this "tea" thing is more a tea fountain (like the one at the romance festival) - can be seen in the 3 picture - than a tea set everybody are thinking about.
    5) The only NEW part from what I gather - adjustable wedding traditions and party decorations. I guess it'll be working somehow like Seasons traditions/decorations. But will it work for other parties? Otherwise it's not a huge gameplay element to create a GAME pack around it.

So new "hero" object is "aisle" I guess, others are repurposed from already existing ones, new gameplay system is party customization (hopefully applied to more parties than just weddings) and a new world. That's pretty much all that I see. What I do not see are attraction, dating improvements, slow dancing, new romantic interactions/animations. To me it feels like a SP + world again.

I'm anxiously waiting for today's trailer 'cause I hope to be wrong and to hear about good stuff patched in pre-pack update. 'Cause all I want from romance is attraction system. Something universal to the whole game not just polishing of one event. And so far I have a strong feeling we won't get it.

P.S. Also how many of you expect cringe voiceover in todays trailer? I bet this one will have it.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I love throwing wedding parties in my game, so in theory I'm intrigued to learn more about this pack. However, the leaked pictures make it seem like a wedding planner career. I have no interest in more active careers. Since I play rotational most of them are a try once and then send them alone to work. I don't want more useless kiosks to buy items or more interactions attached to certain objects. For example if they decide that walking down the aisle arm in arm or dancing is attached to a carpet.

So I don't know. Romance in this game is designed by the original Mrs. Crumplebottom. Even cuddling on the couch lasts like 5 seconds as if someone is about to whack them with a purse. Don't get me started on the "romantic" poses from the Moschino SP.

The clothes look good (no real loss since I use CC), so does the world. But I don't want to invest more money for little new gameplay either. I decided to stop after Snowy Escape. My sister bought Cottage Living for me because she wanted to see the farm life.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    For now quoting what I've posted in another thread. As of now I do not see anything to be positive about this GP. I do not buy packs for worlds or CAS/BB assets.
    The description and screenshots left me very disappointed. I do not care about CAS/BB assets that much as well as about the new world (besides GP worlds are always so tiny). I see it just as another party pack with no "meat". My reasoning is below:

1) Sounds like we have several new types of parties - engagement dinner; rehearsal; bachelorette party & wedding itself of course. This will be goaled I guess but actually what's new here? Want engagement dinner - have a dinner party. Want rehearsal - regular home one or club gathering. Bachelorette can be interesting but so far not shown in any of screenshots besides briefly mentioned in the description. And I'm not expecting anything crazy 'cause TS4 is all on the safe side of things.
    2) New vendors are stalls again so it'll be hard to fit them in any other environment than their original design, moreover the cake one looks like part of the building - so again gameplay tied to the world? Just like grocery stand works in Henford only. Thank you, but no.
    3) Dancing shown surely include some new moves but it's definitely not a slow dancing. I figure if it was in the pack it would be shown.
    4) Exchanging wows, cutting cakes, giving speeches... what's new here? I saw nothing? It all exist in the game already.
    5) I see buffets and fountains repurposed from Luxury Party stuff. So again nothing new. Moreover I suspect this "tea" thing is more a tea fountain (like the one at the romance festival) - can be seen in the 3 picture - than a tea set everybody are thinking about.
    5) The only NEW part from what I gather - adjustable wedding traditions and party decorations. I guess it'll be working somehow like Seasons traditions/decorations. But will it work for other parties? Otherwise it's not a huge gameplay element to create a GAME pack around it.

So new "hero" object is "aisle" I guess, others are repurposed from already existing ones, new gameplay system is party customization (hopefully applied to more parties than just weddings) and a new world. That's pretty much all that I see. What I do not see are attraction, dating improvements, slow dancing, new romantic interactions/animations. To me it feels like a SP + world again.

I'm anxiously waiting for today's trailer 'cause I hope to be wrong and to hear about good stuff patched in pre-pack update. 'Cause all I want from romance is attraction system. Something universal to the whole game not just polishing of one event. And so far I have a strong feeling we won't get it.

P.S. Also how many of you expect cringe voiceover in todays trailer? I bet this one will have it.

I will just watch it on mute :D . I did that with the updated Spa Day trailer without knowing how it would sound like. Same with the subsequent trailers.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022
    How many want to bet the 'parties' before the wedding won't have a list of tasks that have to be completed like dates? How boring. I will be surprised if the so called party before the wedding isn't a list of chores to do at the party.

How many want to bet the Sim chosen to walk a bride down the aisle doesn't actually do it. ? It's just a matter of time before this feature winds up broken if it is a feature. We can never tell by Maxis staged photos and or trailers.

So, more people wanting romance more than those who requested more wedding arches got the shaft. I seriously doubt there is a slow dance, just more group dancing (why not, Rachel is back..what did we expect :o ) I seriously doubt there are improved cuddling in bed and or giving a flower or those tiny romantic actions and especially Chemistry/Attraction System. So, what does Maxis think is more important? Going to stalls to taste food. Do task chores at a party. Decorating venues (hello base game gameplay) for a wedding. And take pics and show them to your friends...what whopping fun....not.

And how long is it going to be when people start fussing, omg, the Sims won't stay seated during the ceremony!!! ROFL...they don't now so why would anyone believe that is fixed. And I really expect a lot of people to say well, I bought it for the 'world' which is probably just four lots and maybe another one by Maxis. Why would anybody build a wedding pack without a place to honeymoon, including beach huts and or fancy hotels? Let's just take our honeymoon, honey, down on the beach..we can't afford a fancy resort/Hotel :s Another chores/tasks pack to do. And omg, not even a Sandals resort with a waiter to bring out the champaign :o .

Prove me wrong Maxis...I doubt they will. Any day I will hear the complaints (read) the Sims won't stay seated, this or that didn't work right, and most of all omg, these parties are just like any other party with tasks to do...and omg, I wanted the new world but it's tiny like Forgotton Hollow and only four lots. But it's beautiful so it's worth $20 to stare at nothing and pay again for what can be done in a base game, other than taste some food for a reception. I have popcorn for the times we read the 'situational outfits' the townies or invited guests wear are ruining my wedding pictures! ROFL. Because after six/seven years it remains a 'thing'.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    My biggest fear is that this is going to be the romance pack, just like parenthood has been the generations pack for so long now. Dating and romance are in need of a serious update and if the focus is going to be on weddings, I worry those things are going to be put on the back burner for a long, long time.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Bite my tongue! I am stung ! Slow dancing adding!! I am shocked :o
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Ok, some criticism taken back:
    • We have tea sets now
    • We have slow dancing
    • We have some kids activities
    • Some sort of honeymoon according to Blog
    • Town Hall & Ball Rooms mentioned in blog also

Also there was no voiceover!

What I still don't like or worry about:
    • Stalls and what looks like window shopping a la Henford for dresses. Since clothing stores are GTW thing I can understand why. But then both cakes and dresses will be tied to new world only I guess and this is a shame.
    • Bach parties? Where are they? How naughty will they be by TS4 standards? I really hope shown drinking/toasting is not all about it.
    • I still do not understand if attraction is a thing. Have to wait for more info about this.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    Overall, the pack looks cute. But I'm still waiting to hear about an attraction system. Hopefully they can patch it in. What type of romance can you have without attraction?
    Also, I'm a bit concerned about the bach parties like @Harukotyan . They didn't show any footage of it in the trailer, so hopefully they're not boring.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top