Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs Trailer - Your first impression

Comments

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    My first impression is that this seems more like a game pack than an expansion. It's a game pack that is way expensive, that's my impression. It's definitely the minimum amount for an expansion.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    i looove the animations. they look adorable. and i can't wait to see foxes and racoons in action ;)
  • Options
    SøphieSøphie Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm looking forward to it!

My first impression was "Hey, they DO listen to us!"
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    My facial reactions were basically exactly what Deligracy was doing in her video lol. I was mouth open and gasping, squeaking with excitement and going "omg!" a lot. I'm very very excited about this EP and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Seasons will be the next EP after this lol.

Awesome'd for "squeaking with excitement" - I would have too were I not losing my voice!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Hey if we get radio stations in Cats & Dogs, I will be very happy! And if we don't get radio stations in Cats & Dogs, I will be upset as heck or I will be fine with it if we end up with Expansion packs and Game packs with no radio stations and Stuff packs with radio stations.

12JEREMIAH, YOU'VE RETURNED IN YOUR ENDLESS ENDEAVORS FOR MORE RADIO. I've missed you, I'm your number one fan lol.

But, I'm excited and nervous for this pack.
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    My first impression is that this seems more like a game pack than an expansion. It's a game pack that is way expensive, that's my impression. It's definitely the minimum amount for an expansion.

Have you seen City Living? Compared to that, this pack looks so chock full of content.
    Not saying that there shouldn't be more, I despise how small the expansion packs are with the sims 4, but I am saying that at least it doesn't look as small and un-expanding as City Living was
  • Options
    Himynameis wrote: »

Have you seen City Living? Compared to that, this pack looks so chock full of content.
    Not saying that there shouldn't be more, I despise how small the expansion packs are with the sims 4, but I am saying that at least it doesn't look as small and un-expanding as City Living was

I disagree, I think this pack looks pretty much the same or even less than City living. Also comparing this pack to any other Sims 4 expansion doesn't really mean anything, since all sims 4 ep's have been underwhelming so far. I'm always happy to be wrong though, but this is my first impression.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It comes with a new world and potential for colour wheels. Hopefully there will be tons and tons of pet stuff, and people stuff too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    @Aine I get where you're coming from and that is an understandable first impression. However, I'm sure a lot of peoples opinions will change and adjust as more info comes out. I feel like it's an EP based on how much new game play I am seeing put in. You don't get as much as we are with a GP. Thank you for your honest opinion though, I love seeing both sides without it getting nasty lol.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    This EP looks amazing and I really like the new world as well!
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    esfire wrote: »
    They've confirmed other animals than cats and dogs, theyre just not the main focus. Foxes and Raccoons are some of the animals that have been confirmed to be there at least

Where have raccoons been confirmed?
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Strangely comforting to see a raincloud thought bubble - gives me further hope for seasons.

I'm super happy for this pack!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They look cute but where are the horses?

Oh, yeah, no Open World so no need for them!

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    batmanreptarbatmanreptar Posts: 12 New Member
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. I love you guys to biiiiiiiiiits! I contacted you guys awhile back saying it would be so awesome to see a veterinarian career and Y'ALL DID IT. I am so impressed and cannot wait to buy this pack! I am definitely making my fur babies for my simself, and that curly hair! OMG YES. WE. NEED. MORE. CURLS. Y'all are awesome, keep up the good work! Also- I'm hoping there will be a lifestage between puppy/kitten and adult, cause animals have that awkward stage, too, haha. THANK YOU FOR FINALLY MAKING THIS HAPPEN! HATS OFF TO YOU
  • Options
    @Aine I get where you're coming from and that is an understandable first impression. However, I'm sure a lot of peoples opinions will change and adjust as more info comes out. I feel like it's an EP based on how much new game play I am seeing put in. You don't get as much as we are with a GP. Thank you for your honest opinion though, I love seeing both sides without it getting nasty lol.

yes we'll see what they reveal as time draws closer. Honestly I feel like for me, there hasn't been one single pack I haven't been disappointed by in some way. I'm trying to not get my hopes up and see how it goes. If I get pleasantly surprised, then great, but it's not something I'm gonna hope for.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    @Orchid13 Dogs can swim in fountains in Sims 3? I have Sims 3 Pets, but I've never done anything with fountains.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
  • Options
    jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    I am dying.

This is so amazing.

I think I might quit my job to raise digital doggos.

#lyfechoices

Also... foxes?!
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    I'm really looking forward to pets. After toddlers, pets was my next favourite thing that I was hoping for. I think it is great that a new career and town has been added too.
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Looks pretty fun. Like the look of the new town, as well. Hope to see some more info on it eventually, considering the release is a bit off.

And also hoping with this, we'll get Seasons next...
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

I don't get this. City Living had heaps of content. Including 3 active careers, handful of new skills etc, heaps of new items, heaps of CAS, new venues etc.

Minus the pets, this looks like we get a new world (same as CL) one new venue, and one active career.

In-terms of "large EPs" City Living to me is the second biggest, with Get To Work being the biggest.

GTW > CL > C&D > GT imo.

I think people find these CL "small" because they aren't interested in the majority of the content.
    Open For Business was always cited as one of the "big EPs" yet it's actually the smallest. Same with Apartment Life.

Into The Future also gets called small, yet there's heaps of content in it. But if you don't visit the future, it will feel small.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited August 2017
    Pets wasn't high on my list of needed packs, but I like what I see with the new world, career, and how sims relate to their pets. Also having wild animals around will liven up the world as well. Since TS4 worlds are so small and segmented anyway, I am not feeling the loss of horses. I am not sure I would want to play them in this game. More reason to keep playing TS3. Hopefully the focus on cats and dogs makes for a deeper game.

Also, I am always looking for more content I can use for my fake supernatural cat sims.
    Some love cats/hates dogs traits may come in handy and it would be really cool if there was a cat toy that sims like to play with. Anything that makes certain sims better with cats would support my cat sims. And then there will be all the cat related objects, this pack should be useful for my odd simming. :D

07-05-16_5-54-01nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Dpp9GEK.gif
    i'm crying fr.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo I totally agree. I'd much rather them focus on the Vet career along with cats and dogs instead of having to sacrifice something just for us to have small pets. I'm hopeful that they will implement them at a later date cause that would be something new to this series if they made small pets more interactive than ever before and that is something I very much would like to have in my game. Heck even more farm animals/wild animals would be a great idea to put into the series possibly just because it'd be something new.

I would love hamsters and bunnies but if they could birth baby hamsters and bunnies, that would be so cool and parental teaching moment about life for kids.

Or if we get small pets in the future they can be freed from their habitats -- imagine a snake getting into a squeamish Sim's bed, or hamster poop in the kitchen to freak out neat Sims. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)