Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs Trailer - Your first impression

Comments

• Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    @Dannydanbo I totally agree. I'd much rather them focus on the Vet career along with cats and dogs instead of having to sacrifice something just for us to have small pets. I'm hopeful that they will implement them at a later date cause that would be something new to this series if they made small pets more interactive than ever before and that is something I very much would like to have in my game. Heck even more farm animals/wild animals would be a great idea to put into the series possibly just because it'd be something new.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo I totally agree. I'd much rather them focus on the Vet career along with cats and dogs instead of having to sacrifice something just for us to have small pets. I'm hopeful that they will implement them at a later date cause that would be something new to this series if they made small pets more interactive than ever before and that is something I very much would like to have in my game. Heck even more farm animals/wild animals would be a great idea to put into the series possibly just because it'd be something new.

I would love hamsters and bunnies but if they could birth baby hamsters and bunnies, that would be so cool and parental teaching moment about life for kids.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Honestly was only looking at the new hairstyles and clothes. Really excited for November though!
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    My first expression? Meh. Even when TS2 & TS3 released one I had hypes for it. This one is.... meh.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    @Dannydanbo Omgosh yes! That'd be so cute! I'd be very impressed if they put something like that into the game. I just want all the animals lol. I love animals and I'd absolutely would die if I could have a goat and chickens in my game, and ferrets!. A goat....my life would be complete lol.
  • Options
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo Omgosh yes! That'd be so cute! I'd be very impressed if they put something like that into the game. I just want all the animals lol. I love animals and I'd absolutely would die if I could have a goat and chickens in my game, and ferrets!. A goat....my life would be complete lol.

I love YouTube videos of those cute baby goats that wear sweaters and bounce around like Tigger.
  • Options
    ViniLaranjViniLaranj Posts: 10 New Member
    Will be any cheat to make pets controlable?
  • Options
    ViniLaranj wrote: »
    Will be any cheat to make pets controlable?

I would not think that would be possible. Controlling pets is far more complicated than say, Moo.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm an equestrian so I was disappointed to not see the return of horses, but the interactive vet career has me sold. We finally get a new world, and the pets seem to have more personality and features than before. For me the pets are just a cherry on top, I would have preferred seasons but the other features have me intrigued.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My first reaction was disappointment. I will hold out hope that we might get other small pets in other packs. After watching it, the only thought was that I still could not create my whole family in game since my budgies would be missing.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    While right now it looks like another previous EP redone with less stuff (though we still don't know enough about it), the trailer was REALLY cute, so at least it was a nice video to watch. :)

Though sadly I can't let myself get excited for it cause I still remember the limitations of City Living we found out about some time just before the EP came out...
    It's kinda sad I've become so pessimistic about this game's EPs...

If they dropped horses and small animals in order to add the Vet career, I'm good with that trade-off. And dogs being able to swim makes this steps above Sims 3. I hope they learned the lesson from the doctor career in GTW and made it so our Sims can actually take our pets to the vet. Maybe a game generated vet if you don't have a household with an active vet? It would be cool for rotational players to have a Sim as a vet, then rotate to another family and have your Sim able to visit that vet.

Not to call you ignorant but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCsBAxT32A

Literally nothing is new other than the vet career.

Plus they could also swim in fountains... unlike the sims 4

Ummm...do you know they can't swim in fountains? Sims can play in some fountains so if they add more fountains like that I'm sure dogs could at leaat play in it
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    There definitely was a fox meeting a dog in a trailer picture. I wonder if any other wild animals are included? I would love a real bear - they already have the costume haven't they!

It could be nice if Sim had some special interaction with a real bear while wearing a bear costume (like "Pretend to be one of the pack") ;)
  • Options
    There definitely was a fox meeting a dog in a trailer picture. I wonder if any other wild animals are included? I would love a real bear - they already have the costume haven't they!

It could be nice if Sim had some special interaction with a real bear while wearing a bear costume (like "Pretend to be one of the pack") ;)

What if the bear falls in love with you?
  • Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    They've confirmed other animals than cats and dogs, theyre just not the main focus. Foxes and Raccoons are some of the animals that have been confirmed to be there at least
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    OMG Yes!!!!
    THANK YOU Devs!!!!!!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    > @esfire said:
    > They've confirmed other animals than cats and dogs, theyre just not the main focus. Foxes and Raccoons are some of the animals that have been confirmed to be there at least

What other "pets" are confirmed? Foxes and Raccoons are not pets. My disappointment was that there did not seem to be other small pets like birds, reptiles, or small rodent types.
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

What if the bear falls in love with you?

Well, that would be opportunity for some interesting storytelling for sure...
  • Options
    esfire wrote: »
    They've confirmed other animals than cats and dogs, theyre just not the main focus. Foxes and Raccoons are some of the animals that have been confirmed to be there at least

True, but those are probably NPC animals not CAS animals. There are also birds, fish and squirrels. There will also be strays that we can adopt.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Im just ecstatic for cats and dogs and grateful for that! Anything else is a bonus
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    All I can say is that November cannot come soon enough!!!! <3<3<3:):):):o:o:o
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member

True, but those are probably NPC animals not CAS animals. There are also birds, fish and squirrels. There will also be strays that we can adopt.

Yeah, I'm p sure theyre just wild NPC animals but when it comes to CAS animals the only thing we're lacking from CAS animals are horses and I don't mind losing the horses to get more features with cats and dogs tbh
  • Options

Yeah, I'm p sure theyre just wild NPC animals but when it comes to CAS animals the only thing we're lacking from CAS animals are horses and I don't mind losing the horses to get more features with cats and dogs tbh

I think horses will come in a farm pack or a Dude ranch vacation pack.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    I sure hope there is a option to create a pet store where cats and dogs could be sold like Sims 2. I would much rather have that over yet another active career we are now at 3 out of 4 expansions wasting time on active careers.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I am so excited!! I love the trailer and cannot wait to play as a vet and a pet owner. The outfits are adorable and their interactions with each other and sims are too. The cat chasing the laser pointer is cute!! Your take on the Dogs Playing Poker art piece is hilarious.
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I love the look of it, I cant wait to find out more. I cant believe how in depth the create a pet looks. I was not expecting to be able to draw with a tool onto the pet! Its actually super cool and i actually let out a little scream when i saw it in the trailer. Im so excited!