Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Dine Out BUGS!!!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,729 Member
    Hello @Toblie
    The patch update will stop any more being spawned, but it doesn't delete the ones that were already there before the patch. These sims which have the clown hair may have already been in the game before it was patched and your sim hadn't see them. Try taking a note of their names, then go to Manage Households and delete them.
  • Options
    Linds6606Linds6606 Posts: 72 Member
    I have a bug where the sims will order for the table, the food will come pretty fast but it's dessert! They never get their appetizers or main dish just drinks and dessert.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Linds6606 wrote: »
    I have a bug where the sims will order for the table, the food will come pretty fast but it's dessert! They never get their appetizers or main dish just drinks and dessert.

Hello @Linds6606
    Your sims can only order one course at a time.
    Your sims can order one dish from a course and one drink. Then after they have finished eating that meal, they can then order one dish from another course and a drink.
    By ordering the dessert, you have cancelled out the other appetiser and main dishes .
  • Options
    Linds6606Linds6606 Posts: 72 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Linds6606
    Your sims can order one dish from a course and one drink. Then after they have finished eating that meal, they can then order one dish from another course and a drink.
    By ordering the dessert, you have cancelled out the other appetiser and main dishes .

Wow I feel stupid lol it says that when you first order. Thank you for making me realize! I was so frustrated I went and deleted all my mods & cc. I also repaired the game. Thank you again!
  • Options

Hello @Linds6606

Wow I feel plum lol it says that when you first order. Thank you for making me realize! I was so frustrated I went and deleted all my mods & cc. I also repaired the game. Thank you again!

You're welcome :) Check to see if you still have your mods and cc in your recycling bin that you can get back from there.
  • Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    The new patch 1.20 didn't fixed the hostess podium (option no more clients) and the cleaning display to retail (routing fail)...

So, I can't play any retail, and I can't bloque any customer on restaurant...
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    The new patch 1.20 didn't fixed the hostess podium (option no more clients) and the cleaning display to retail (routing fail)...

So, I can't play any retail, and I can't bloque any customer on restaurant...

Hello.
    Your employees will still be able to clean the store.Try having them clean the store instead.
    Some simmers have found that it has taken longer with the host station in Windenburg for the customers to stop coming when disallowing new ones, so perhaps have your restaurant in another world that is not Windenburg.
  • Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    @rosemow my retail and all my restaurant there are in Newcrest...

I tried with an employee, but he didn't clean anything (activated the option "clean the store"), I sold the retail, I rebuy it, I replaced the display with new one.... nothing work... (route failed)
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    @rosemow my retail and all my restaurant there are in Newcrest...

I tried with an employee, but he didn't clean anything (activated the option "clean the store"), I sold the retail, I rebuy it, I replaced the display with new one.... nothing work... (route failed)

I am sorry that your sims and your employees are unable to clean the store.
    If you haven't done it already, it would be good to press me too on this AHQ thread that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-clean-the-display-objects-on-retail-shop/m-p/5378320#M24850
  • Options
    Hazel3166Hazel3166 Posts: 52 Member
    My game is crashing every time a critic visits my restaurant, usually after he's sat down I haven't got any mods or cc
  • Options
    Hazel3166 wrote: »
    My game is crashing every time a critic visits my restaurant, usually after he's sat down I haven't got any mods or cc

Hello @Hazel3166 .
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If you continue to have issues, go to map view. Click on the lot where the restaurant is, and sell the restaurant. Then have your sims rebuy the restaurant. If you lose any restaurant perks, these cheats will give you them back
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#RestaurantPerks
  • Options
    Emiliouna1Emiliouna1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello... I have an issue with Dine Out as well... Every time my sim recommends a dish to a customer, who dines alone, the waiter never goes to take the order and the customer becomes unsatisfied but stays in the restaurant.... there's also another bug... Whenever the Goth family eats in my restaurant all together, they don't leave unless i close the restaurant....
  • Options
    Emiliouna1 wrote: »
    Hello... I have an issue with Dine Out as well... Every time my sim recommends a dish to a customer, who dines alone, the waiter never goes to take the order and the customer becomes unsatisfied but stays in the restaurant.... there's also another bug... Whenever the Goth family eats in my restaurant all together, they don't leave unless i close the restaurant....

Hello @Emiliouna1 .
    There has been other simmers posting about the same issue when recommending a dish to a sim who dines on their own. It may be best to avoid doing this, to prevent issues.
  • Options
    ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    "Dine Out" is a total FAIL! I took my sim to a restaurant for diner at 5pm, ordered at 5:30 sat there until 10pm, no food!! sent my sim home which is right next door, and now it's 5pm again???? she's starving and very tired. I have 0 mods 0 cc, I have tried repairing the game, switching to 32bit (recommended) was on 64 because my PC is 64.my PC is way above the requirements to run this game. This game was OK until "Dine Out" came out, now it's a disaster. When you spend $170 on something you expect it to work right!
  • Options
    Parvati wrote: »
    "Dine Out" is a total FAIL! I took my sim to a restaurant for diner at 5pm, ordered at 5:30 sat there until 10pm, no food!! sent my sim home which is right next door, and now it's 5pm again???? she's starving and very tired. I have 0 mods 0 cc, I have tried repairing the game, switching to 32bit (recommended) was on 64 because my PC is 64.my PC is way above the requirements to run this game. This game was OK until "Dine Out" came out, now it's a disaster. When you spend $170 on something you expect it to work right!

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had these issues.
    When your sim next visits the restaurant, try entering build mode and check that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.
    Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
    Check that there are clear passages for the waiter to walk through the room.
    Check that walls or half walls are not causing routing issues.
    See if there are dirty dishes on tables that are stopping waiters from doing their work,and if so, move them yourself to the waiters station.
  • Options
    Hello
    When your sim next visits the restaurant, try entering build mode and check that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.
    Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
    See if there are dirty dishes on tables that are stopping waiters from doing their work,and if so, move them yourself to the waiters station.

It should be fine it's just "Hogans Burger Barn" by Maxis, and that still doesn't explain why the time changed when she went back home, she lives right next door (PIA loading to go next door)I click on go home, (10pm) she walks to her driveway, then I have to wait for the travel screen to finish, then she goes in her house and it's 5pm again, what the heck is that? I never saw that before "Dine Out", I wish EA/Origin, who ever is in charge would make games bug proof before releasing them.

• Options
    Hello

It should be fine it's just "Hogans Burger Barn" by Maxis, and that still doesn't explain why the time changed when she went back home, she lives right next door (PIA loading to go next door)I click on go home, (10pm) she walks to her driveway, then I have to wait for the travel screen to finish, then she goes in her house and it's 5pm again, what the heck is that? I never saw that before "Dine Out", I wish EA/Origin, who ever is in charge would make games bug proof before releasing them.

I am sorry that you had the time resetting issue. It is not good that it happened. Has it occurred before in your game, since you have had Dine Out ?
  • Options
    Alifrey88Alifrey88 Posts: 2 New Member
    Ive been working with my restaurant for over a day now, All my employees are well trained, yet when I open, We start out great, I give them all inspirational speeches, however once a critic comes along, all production stops! my chefs stop putting food up and my waiters all just stand around. My Critics never get fed! I sit there with the restaurant open for 17 hours when my critics come in at hour 5, I just close shop cause nothing ever gets done after they arrive. I also notice when I prioritize food for some customers, my wait staff still feeds people who come in way after my customer has arrived. There is no saving my customers once they hit two.. I just feel like I can't win :(
  • Options
    Alifrey88 wrote: »
    Ive been working with my restaurant for over a day now, All my employees are well trained, yet when I open, We start out great, I give them all inspirational speeches, however once a critic comes along, all production stops! my chefs stop putting food up and my waiters all just stand around. My Critics never get fed! I sit there with the restaurant open for 17 hours when my critics come in at hour 5, I just close shop cause nothing ever gets done after they arrive. I also notice when I prioritize food for some customers, my wait staff still feeds people who come in way after my customer has arrived. There is no saving my customers once they hit two.. I just feel like I can't win :(

Hello @Alifrey88 .
    Try having a shift where your sim doesn't recommend dishes and test to see if that helps. Some simmers have found that recommending dishes to the food critic has caused issues.
  • Options

I am sorry that you had the time resetting issue. It is not good that it happened. Has it occurred before in your game, since you have had Dine Out ?

It only happened the one time so far, I uninstalled "Dine Out" and reinstalled it, it seems better, but the food still takes hours to be served.

• Options
    ThamilkymilkThamilkymilk Posts: 1 New Member
    My waiters are just standing around, they'll hover over certain tables and when the customers are done eating they'll move on but won't do anything about the dishes, sometimes they'll even just stand there looking at the dishes.

I do have cc and mods but none that should affect the ways a sim would eat, I don't want to remove them seeing as I'm using the cc in the uniforms and what not.

I do notice that it does take my chef quite sometime to make the food, I am meaning to save my perk points to get a second but I feel the need for a second host cause mine takes forever to seat the people.

I get the same customers over and over, even though I have placed a second restaurant in the world and my world is packed.

Also, because of my waiters not doing anything I have to have my manager sim clean everything and I lost my 3 1/2 rating because they wouldn't take the critic's order.

Are there any solutions to this? I know the game recommends changing your floor plan but I don't think that's the issue.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    My waiters are just standing around, they'll hover over certain tables and when the customers are done eating they'll move on but won't do anything about the dishes, sometimes they'll even just stand there looking at the dishes.

I do have cc and mods but none that should affect the ways a sim would eat, I don't want to remove them seeing as I'm using the cc in the uniforms and what not.

I do notice that it does take my chef quite sometime to make the food, I am meaning to save my perk points to get a second but I feel the need for a second host cause mine takes forever to seat the people.

I get the same customers over and over, even though I have placed a second restaurant in the world and my world is packed.

Also, because of my waiters not doing anything I have to have my manager sim clean everything and I lost my 3 1/2 rating because they wouldn't take the critic's order.

Are there any solutions to this? I know the game recommends changing your floor plan but I don't think that's the issue.

I have no CC or MODs in my game and have these issues as well. So i doubt its your cc or mods.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options

It only happened the one time so far, I uninstalled "Dine Out" and reinstalled it, it seems better, but the food still takes hours to be served.

Hello.
    I am glad that the time resetting issue has not occured again.
  • Options

Hello
    Try moving /dragging the dirty dishes yourself to the waiters station or get your manager sim to remove the plates.
    Try giving training to the waiters and chef and see if that helps.
    Buy the inspirational speech perk and see if that helps.
    Only have one table piece on the tables. Check that there are no low positioned lamps over the top of the table.
    Add some more waiter stations to the room.
  • Options
    Bmcgee33Bmcgee33 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys. I just purchased dine out and im a pro at building restaurants but for some reason when i click on the choose menu button my menu doesnt pop up and it causes my game to freeze. any way to fix it? im very desperate lol. i can only use preset menus and its frustrating because my chefs arent skillful enough to make half the food.