Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Dine Out BUGS!!!

Comments

• Options
    Wazowski_VegetaWazowski_Vegeta Posts: 35 Member
    I also had a problem with sims showing up with the stupid clown hair everywhere! it's so horrible HELP XD
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited June 2016
    rosemow wrote: »
    CaraE92 wrote: »
    Crinrict
    I'm using the shimzu restaurant

Hello @CaraE92
    There has been an issue with that restaurant. EA has reuploaded a new version. It would be best to remove the old version from your library and redownload the new version.

Which one is that? Chez Llama? Or something else? I don't see any "Japanese" restaurant (obvious, anyway) in the EA lots, which are all the restaurants I have.

And where's the new download?

Hello @egwarhammer
    It is this EA restaurant build called Shimuzu.
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E9BAC2982F3A11E68F9543D6C10BB86C

Oh okay, I didn't have that anyway. There's plenty of choices from DO to play with, I'm good. But thanks for the link, I may check it out if I get bored with these. :)

(Very brief slightly off topic note:) Take it from me.. Rice & Fish Heads is all you gotta know.

I also had a problem with sims showing up with the plum clown hair everywhere! it's so horrible HELP XD

The clowns.. a side benefit of the April patch.. They thought they reined them in with a subsequent patch but no, there's no keeping even a half-baked clown down.

^_^
  • Options
    JCStormy1JCStormy1 Posts: 67 Member
    If it's been stated already, allow me to join the bandwagon. If it hasn't, then... here it is.

After a sim-day, or so, of running my restaurant; and after saving my progress and returning after having to shut the game down, I suddenly find myself with employees who don't show up. I can do nothing from the restaurant panel; I can't fire (for not showing up to work) or demote. I'm assuming that this is a bug but if there is a work-around, I'd love to hear.

Also, I have no game mechanic mods, only aesthetics.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    I have sent two Sims of mine to eat at Hogan's Burgers and the Pelican Diner, and both times after ordering, they sat there waiting for about 10 Sim hours without receiving their food before I cancelled the queue and gave up. Waiters are walking all around them, taking orders from townies and cleaning tables, but refuse to bring the food to my Sims. It's super frustrating and basically makes the game pack unplayable on my end. Is there anything I can do to rectify the issue other than hoping for a proper patch?

Hello @imabeliever8000
    Could you cancel the food, then reorder again?

The cooking skill level of the chefs may not match what you ordered. Try test by ordering meals that have a low skill level and see if that helps.

Try moving the chefs station to another position and see if that helps. Try rearranging the tables and chairs to give a clear pathway to your table and see if that helps the issue.

Thank you rosemow, for your in-depth response! I may fool around with some of these ideas, although unfortunately that is an awful lot of effort on my behalf, when this is something that should work from out the gate. Hopefully EA fixes this issue, as I realize many other players are experiencing similar frustrations.

If you have this mod please remove it, I tested the game without it and sims were able to get their food right away.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,775 Member
    JCStormy1 wrote: »
    If it's been stated already, allow me to join the bandwagon. If it hasn't, then... here it is.

After a sim-day, or so, of running my restaurant; and after saving my progress and returning after having to shut the game down, I suddenly find myself with employees who don't show up. I can do nothing from the restaurant panel; I can't fire (for not showing up to work) or demote. I'm assuming that this is a bug but if there is a work-around, I'd love to hear.

Can you try selling the restaurant through the world map and rebuying ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Aesthetics? What does that mean? If you're talking about custom content, I'd recommend checking all of it. They changed CAS. (Boy did they ever!) That to me says any "glitter" files (cc or mods) may be affected, and, we've seen a lot of both reported.

I've had to update cc files that were fine since launch. If you're having mega-weirdness, take your whole mods folder out, and piece it back in as you find out what's updated. I'd almost bet real money you have some broken files.
  • Options
    daisychain08daisychain08 Posts: 31 Member
    I have an annoying issue. My SIM opened her first restaurant, it is the pre made one Hogan's Burger Bar. ( I wanted to start out small). My SIM hired a waiter, chef, and hostess and the first day everything was running smoothly, the next day, the hostess seated people the chef was ready and the server didn't show up, I had enough points to hire a second server and the next day, both servers show up and neither one did anything. I praised, I criticised, I checked up on them, plum I even gave them a raise nothing they stood around, people got mad and stamped off. The hostess was still busy sitting people the whole time. Anyone else been having this problem?

Hello @daisychain08
    I am sorry that you have had these issues. If it continues try giving the waiters training and see if that helps. Make sure that there are clear passageways for them to walk through. Rearrange some of the tables in case that is causing issues. Check that there isn't food stuck on the chefs station or a dish somewhere else that is stopping them from fulfilling orders. If there are dirty dishes or left overs clear them away
    The next shift may turn out better.

That's the thing I paid the for the training as well. I did the Hogan's Burger Bar already furnished so I assumed the tables were fine. I make sure my Sims clears away the dirty dishes as soon as the diners leave. They literally come to work, pick a spot and stand there. I wish my played Sim could at least take orders so if the staff stops working I can at least get food to tables.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Hello.
    Try going to map view, click on your restaurant lot and sell the venue. Then have your sims rebuy the restaurant and see if that helps the issues,
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    I have sent two Sims of mine to eat at Hogan's Burgers and the Pelican Diner, and both times after ordering, they sat there waiting for about 10 Sim hours without receiving their food before I cancelled the queue and gave up. Waiters are walking all around them, taking orders from townies and cleaning tables, but refuse to bring the food to my Sims. It's super frustrating and basically makes the game pack unplayable on my end. Is there anything I can do to rectify the issue other than hoping for a proper patch?

Hello @imabeliever8000
    Could you cancel the food, then reorder again?

The cooking skill level of the chefs may not match what you ordered. Try test by ordering meals that have a low skill level and see if that helps.

Try moving the chefs station to another position and see if that helps. Try rearranging the tables and chairs to give a clear pathway to your table and see if that helps the issue.

Thank you rosemow, for your in-depth response! I may fool around with some of these ideas, although unfortunately that is an awful lot of effort on my behalf, when this is something that should work from out the gate. Hopefully EA fixes this issue, as I realize many other players are experiencing similar frustrations.

If you have this mod please remove it, I tested the game without it and sims were able to get their food right away.

Thankyou for posting about the mod that was causing issues in your game :)
  • Options
    I have an annoying issue. My SIM opened her first restaurant, it is the pre made one Hogan's Burger Bar. ( I wanted to start out small). My SIM hired a waiter, chef, and hostess and the first day everything was running smoothly, the next day, the hostess seated people the chef was ready and the server didn't show up, I had enough points to hire a second server and the next day, both servers show up and neither one did anything. I praised, I criticised, I checked up on them, plum I even gave them a raise nothing they stood around, people got mad and stamped off. The hostess was still busy sitting people the whole time. Anyone else been having this problem?

Hello @daisychain08
    I am sorry that you have had these issues. If it continues try giving the waiters training and see if that helps. Make sure that there are clear passageways for them to walk through. Rearrange some of the tables in case that is causing issues. Check that there isn't food stuck on the chefs station or a dish somewhere else that is stopping them from fulfilling orders. If there are dirty dishes or left overs clear them away
    The next shift may turn out better.

That's the thing I paid the for the training as well. I did the Hogan's Burger Bar already furnished so I assumed the tables were fine. I make sure my Sims clears away the dirty dishes as soon as the diners leave. They literally come to work, pick a spot and stand there. I wish my played Sim could at least take orders so if the staff stops working I can at least get food to tables.

Hello.
    Try going to map view, click on your restaurant lot and sell the venue. Then have your sims rebuy the restaurant and see if that helps the issues,
  • Options
    inventivefraudinventivefraud Posts: 4 New Member
    Whenever my sim goes home at night and then returns the next day to the restaurant, all of my staff has disappeared. They are not in the restaurant control panel at all, and I have to rehire my chefs, wait staff and host. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    Whenever my sim goes home at night and then returns the next day to the restaurant, all of my staff has disappeared. They are not in the restaurant control panel at all, and I have to rehire my chefs, wait staff and host. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hello @inventivefraud .
    Your sims may have been culled. This link has a suggestion to prevent this happening.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/restaurant-employees-and-culling/
  • Options
    crinrict wrote: »

Can you try selling the restaurant through the world map and rebuying ?

Tried it. I was able to buy it back, exactly as it was, and even had the same perks already purchased. No luck with the vanishing employees, though.
    Aesthetics? What does that mean? If you're talking about custom content, I'd recommend checking all of it. They changed CAS. (Boy did they ever!) That to me says any "glitter" files (cc or mods) may be affected, and, we've seen a lot of both reported.

I've had to update cc files that were fine since launch. If you're having mega-weirdness, take your whole mods folder out, and piece it back in as you find out what's updated. I'd almost bet real money you have some broken files.

By aesthetics I mean that I really just like the pretties as far as clothing is concerned so, yeah, the CAS. I love my stilettos and nails ;) I moved my folder to the desktop and, unfortunately, I still have the vanishing employees. :(
  • Options
    Hello @JCStormy1 .
    Try doing what is suggested in this link and see if that may help your issue with the vanishing employees

I gave it a try and... still nothing. I hope it's a fixable bug because, right now, I feel like I'm running on a treadmill; going nowhere. Thanks, though! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hello @JCStormy1 .
    Try doing what is suggested in this link and see if that may help your issue with the vanishing employees

I gave it a try and... still nothing. I hope it's a fixable bug because, right now, I feel like I'm running on a treadmill; going nowhere. Thanks, though! :)

I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
    When you placed the sims into their home after you hired them, and didn't play them, did they not return the next day for work?
  • Options
    When you placed the sims into their home after you hired them, and didn't play them, did they not return the next day for work?

Of the 4 (chef, 2 waiters and hostess) only the chef and hostess showed up. Restarted the game a few times, just to be certain I wasn't loopy, too. :)

• Options
    edited June 2016

Of the 4 (chef, 2 waiters and hostess) only the chef and hostess showed up. Restarted the game a few times, just to be certain I wasn't loopy, too. :)

I am sorry that this is happening in your game.
    Some simmers have found that when that happened, closing the restaurant then opening it again has brought the employees back.

Perhaps if the issues remain, it may help if your sims buy another restaurant and see if the issues may not occur with that restaurant .
  • Options
    masswhitemasswhite Posts: 20 New Member
    Hello folk!
    I come to announce bugs, or at least some of the most common I think that have been overlooked.
    This as said below is a list of all recorded bugs from different places.

Before you address some of your issues, please take your Mods folder and move it to your desktop, restart the game and see if the issue comes back. This will prevent cluttering of the same problems.

So let's address a few things before the start, with the new Game Pack most of the more prevalent bugs come in the form of running a restaurant(<- I finally learned to spell that word!), lastly their have been an entourage of other bugs that some people just haven't dang heard of.

All Recorded Bugs (+ is a recommended fix!)
    I have separated suggestions for fixes, other bugs you shall see stacked on top of each other.
    Alas all these issues have either came from the following thread, Tumblr, Twitter, and other The Sims Forums.
    This is just a bug list of thing I could find.
    I have them all together so EA doesn't have to through and read through whole threads to find multiple issues.
    The issues that you do see on this list have been stated multiple times and reworded; This is a sum of them all together as a placeholder.

- Routing issues with the new booths
    + My Fix: Add a way for sims to scoot over and hopefully around angled pieces.

- Manage Interaction not working on all sims.

- Taking sims on dates has been a hassle, if you're placed at a booth your date will constantly talk to other sims around them if they are not a part of the current household.
    + Easy! Two way only social interactions while on dates on a Dine Out lot.

- Sims standing up from meals randomly or standing up and touring the restaurant when they get their drinks.
    (No fix, we never know, sims have a mind of their own.)

- Owning multiple restaurants locks you out of the current restaurant you're running.
    - Owning multiple restaurants you somehow lose ownership of another restaurant.
    - Not being able to own multiple restaurants and run one while you work another.
    - Dine Out stools bugging out and disappearing when used on residential lots, or being transparent when use as a computer stool.
    - Closing current restaurant while playing it sims eat over night, or just don't move from their tables.
    - Clown hair has now become a very annoying but common theme, didn't see this issue until Dine Out's release, now restaurants become depressing.
    - Disappearing reviews when sims bug out and stay over night causing you not to get a "Daily Review/Overview", this is a Get To Work issue too.
    - Dine Out hair having a missing mesh in the back of the head.
    - When restaurant is opened light inside don't function but outside lights do
    - When running two Full Disclosure Chef Stations if you scold a sim if affects both sims at both stations.
    - Try to edit or change the menu for a restaurant cause the menu to turn a grey color.
    - Some sims actions on a Dine Out lot can be canceled by the autonomy of sitting down, grabbing drink etc... causes the canceling of other things.(Not sure how properly I worded this.)
    - After installing The Sims 4 Dine Out some people have needed to repair their game, if they didn't the game would load a false crash error.(Happens with CC and Non-CC Users.)
    - Some tables will not attach themselves to booths, when removing the tables it causes routing issues, invisible booths, or tables that can't be deleted.
    - Some cooks do not cook and will walk around, this causes issues with cooks going home, invisible cooks, & etc...
    - Top tier cooks get angry when making meals causing meal quality to go down. This has been recorded even when first opening venue.
    - When owning two Dine Out venues the most successful venue will make food, but the other venue will preform the actions of making food and it won't be delivered to a table causing the loss of reviews, money, and other issues.
    - Million simoleons glitch when starting to edit the look of new Dine Out venues.
    - New fridges give you infinite simoleons when bought.
    - Pause/Options Menu causing the game to freeze.
    - All sims who get experimental food give restaurant bad reviews.
    - Restaurant reviewers getting stuck on toilets.
    - Paintings use for deco on restaurants start appearing on the front of all restaurants.
    - Asking employees to pick up speed depresses all coworkers.
    - Setting a front door to a restaurant causes sims to walk through windows.
    - Asking a sim to stargaze causes restaurants to close.
    - Opening a Dine Out venue turns the game permanently to night time.
    - Teen sims can only order drinks and desserts.
    - Sims choose seating in private quarters to dine at. If you have an office, sims will randomly choose to dine at office, if you lock the door this causes sims to be locked out of their own office.
    - Delayed employees arrival, some employees won't arrive on time. This has been recorded to be tied with the Dine Out venues can't be opened issue.
    - Can't manage employees. This is of course tied to another bug I posted on, but it correlates more with everyone, Management social interaction doesn't appear with many sims if there is a count of over eight sims on a lot.
    - Booths and seating disappearing after the lot is closed or after you have left the lot.
    - Dine Out venues running with nobody working in them. This is an issue in where the lot is being used and there's nobody there to do anything.
    - Some newer meals won't let you remove them from the fridge without going into the fridges inventory. Users have stated something to do with "?" bubbles popping above their heads.
    - Fridges with anything stored in them stop working. Related to above topic! But this has been reported to be an issue with all games after the latest update.
    - Opening lot causes first customers to come in to remain frozen at tables, interactions won't work to fix their issue.
    - When meal is delivered some sims will go sit with other families. Recorded that negative interactions and moodlets appear from this issue too.
    - Sims order food with no arrival, the server doesn't ever come to deliver the meal.

- When using two or more Chef Stations both chefs will attend one station.
    + This is a rare issue! But I do think that you should be allowed to have multiple Chef Stations, I think this is caused by routing job objects.

- Faster Eaters perk causing sims to eat faster, yet conserve their seats for conversation.
    - Recorded issue of hiring sims, they show up one day and then disappear from the game causing empty slots.
    - Chefs won't cook everyone's meal, they simply do multiple but leave others sims out.
    - Male employees outfits can't be edited, only female.
    - Trying to have a meal at personal unopened restaurants causing a never ending load screen.
    - When editing a menu all meals appear but no meal names, drink names, etc...
    - Hired maids will cleanup a restaurant but not at home.
    - Some customers never get tables and remain standing.
    - Dine Out causing issues with selling items in inventory.
    - Dine Out employees just won't do their jobs.
    - Waiters not cleaning up dishes after customer leaves venue.
    - Tables are not snapping to booths.
    - Issue above, but addressing the host never showing up for work.
    - Random sims will work for my employees instead of hired worker.
    - Some owners don't appear as owners of restaurants.
    - Children can't draw on placemats. Issue says there is no room to draw.
    - Chefs cooking for excessive hours.(Not sure if this is a true issue.)
    - First customers get food, customers after never get their food.
    - Hours being open are sometimes longer than hours that have passed in the game.
    - Newly aged elder sims dying of birthdays at restaurants.
    - Newly aged elder sims randomly dying of age without getting to live after their birthday.
    - "The Sims 4 has stopped working" After opening the Manage tab.
    - CC Seating that isn't broken causes routing issues.
    - Residential Lots randomly being changed to Generic Lot types.
    - Game coding appearing on Dine Out tabs.
    - Loss of ownership of restaurants when owner is moved into new household/house.
    - Clicking on staff to interact causes blank interaction bubbles.
    - Some people have issues with Build Mode crashing when building Dine Out venues.
    - When a sim who has already been given a seat eats their food, if they get up to use the restroom the waiter no longer recognizes the table as occupied.
    - Sims running to the edge of a lot get stuck and bug out.
    - New restaurants get a one star score after receiving several 3-4 star reviews. This happens after the lot is closed.
    - Club Gatherings at restaurant never get seated.
    - Sims invited to join you at dinner cause the waiter never to show up at the table.
    - Disappearing Perks.
    - Sims who come to dine take forever to take a seat.
    - Some dishes never get served, dishes aren't recognized as customer meals.
    - Random NPC's in Family Tree appearing.

Aside from all of the issues listed above I've left links at the top, this is a list compiled to help stop the cluttering of the same problem and to show what has been addressed and needs to be fixed.
    If anyone can, please push this post forward to be seen be EA's eyes, as I'm sure this thread will be viewed I think it's more important for us to get it to them now and have things be seen!
    I took a good portion of my time to compile this so that we wouldn't have issues with people thinking they're the only ones having these issues.
    Thank you for reading!
  • Options
    TaylorVenerableTaylorVenerable Posts: 6 New Member
    Whenever I have my whole family over managing the restaurant together, I try to make food or have them sleep when they are tired because they have a living area above the restaurant, but the other family members will yell at the family member for doing inappropriate behavior, even though they all OWN the restaurant, and if they yell at you too much, the family member will kick the other family member out, which kicks EVERYONE out and you can't go back into the restaurant or travel anywhere unless they go to school or something, which thankfully ended up fixing it. But I had to bring everyone home and then have someone go by themselves and manage it alone. You should be able to cook and sleep at your own restaurant and not have your family treat it like it's inappropriate to the point where they will kick you out of your own restaurant.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Whenever I have my whole family over managing the restaurant together, I try to make food or have them sleep when they are tired because they have a living area above the restaurant, but the other family members will yell at the family member for doing inappropriate behavior, even though they all OWN the restaurant, and if they yell at you too much, the family member will kick the other family member out, which kicks EVERYONE out and you can't go back into the restaurant or travel anywhere unless they go to school or something, which thankfully ended up fixing it. But I had to bring everyone home and then have someone go by themselves and manage it alone. You should be able to cook and sleep at your own restaurant and not have your family treat it like it's inappropriate to the point where they will kick you out of your own restaurant.

Hello @TaylorVenerable
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Inappropriate-behavior-in-Sim-s-restaurant/m-p/5387818#M25246
  • Options
    hockeychick216hockeychick216 Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm having a problem, which I'm sure has already been reported, with social interactions with my employees, i.e. managing interactions, training and so on. This screenshot is what I get every time I want to interact with an employee. Any help would be appreciated. I do use mods but they've all been updated or fixed. S3WE0Zc.jpg
  • Options
    sladleysladley Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! Since downloading Dine Out I have had the same issues with waiters and hosts not doing their jobs and with guests just standing up and not eating their food etc.

However, I have also had lots of other bugs. For example, while I am at my restaurant, my need bars all show up green and as soon as I give up for the day and go home, everything is in the red because I've been there for 20 hours or something. I just guess what my sim's needs might be and try to periodically eat etc. but everything still seems to be low when I go back home. Also, when I call someone to chat on the phone, they often say that they are sleeping at very odd times of day. It is like the timings within the game have gone out of sync.

Has anyone else had these issues since downloading Dine Out? Another cause might be that I had to 'fix' the game in Origin because my cheat bar wasn't working either. I have no mods and only use motherlode. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm having a problem, which I'm sure has already been reported, with social interactions with my employees, i.e. managing interactions, training and so on. This screenshot is what I get every time I want to interact with an employee. Any help would be appreciated. I do use mods but they've all been updated or fixed. S3WE0Zc.jpg

Hello
    Try doing the solution in this link blog post and see if that helps the issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/