Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Dine Out BUGS!!!

Comments

• Options
    mmingee125mmingee125 Posts: 6 New Member
    @rosemow Repairing it and rebuying it did not work. Also, when i "open" my restaurant, it wont let me click on the button that has the bar graph on it
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,634 Member
    edited June 2016
    mmingee125 wrote: »
    @rosemow Is there anyway that i can uninstall just Dine Out and then reinstall it?

You are able to just uninstall Dine Out then reinstall it, but it may cause issues. It is best to uninstall sims 4 and all the packs together and then reinstall all together.

If you want to just uninstall dine out, you can delete the GP03 folder in the Sims 4 folder in programs and then reinstall through mygames section of Oriin.
    Make sure though if you do that , you make a backup copy of documents-electronic arts -sims 4 folder beforehand and place it on an external drive.
  • Options
    @rosemow Repairing it and rebuying it did not work. Also, when i "open" my restaurant, it wont let me click on the button that has the bar graph on it

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited June 2016
    My waiters are just standing around, they'll hover over certain tables and when the customers are done eating they'll move on but won't do anything about the dishes, sometimes they'll even just stand there looking at the dishes.

I do have cc and mods but none that should affect the ways a sim would eat, I don't want to remove them seeing as I'm using the cc in the uniforms and what not.

I do notice that it does take my chef quite sometime to make the food, I am meaning to save my perk points to get a second but I feel the need for a second host cause mine takes forever to seat the people.

I get the same customers over and over, even though I have placed a second restaurant in the world and my world is packed.

Also, because of my waiters not doing anything I have to have my manager sim clean everything and I lost my 3 1/2 rating because they wouldn't take the critic's order.

Are there any solutions to this? I know the game recommends changing your floor plan but I don't think that's the issue.

@Thamilkymilk

Have you seen any LastException files in your /Sims4 folder?

With the changes they made to CAS, I'm afraid to say, your cc that you don't want to get rid of COULD very well be at least part of your problem.

I'd recommend saving a copy of your actual game to your desktop, and then taking out your /Mods folder to see if things work better. Mod/cc conflicts don't always make sense... phone mods have broken gardening before, IIRC.

Pretty strange, how it all works together, or doesn't... best idea is to look everything over.

I'm a mod fanatic, and this round of updates even I went back to vanilla (for a few minutes). :p MC Command Center was first back in, and I've built up from there. VERY light on cc here. But I <3 my Mods! :)

(edit: add tag)
  • Options
    @rosemow I do not have any cc/mods. I have tried contacting EA support and they said that the best thing to do was post on this forum. But they couldnt even figure out why my game is doing that.
  • Options
    @rosemow I do not have any cc/mods. I have tried contacting EA support and they said that the best thing to do was post on this forum. But they couldnt even figure out why my game is doing that.

Hello @mmingee125 .
    Try buying another restaurant and see if the same issues occur in that restaurant also.
    If they do, start a new save game and test to see if the restaurant issues are also occurring in that new save game.
  • Options
    @rosemow Alright. I will try a few different things. Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    babyv004babyv004 Posts: 6 New Member
    akamieniak wrote: »
    hi, my chief keeps freezing in front of restaurant. She shows no access message but nothing blocks her. I have already reset her but didnt help. Ther are 2 chiefs and after opening the first chief starts working and the other one keeps standing. I fired a chief and employed a new one. no change. I also replaced a kitchen station. Nothing. Thanks for any help.

That also happened to me but i just had one chef. I couldn't even manage the chef (the others i could but not the chef). It appeared as a normal person that I could socialize but not manage him/her (like paying for training etc).
    It took me hours to find out what it was
    But in my case i think it was because Zerbu - Go to School Mod or Zerbu - Venue List Mod (i still didn't check with all custom content)
    i think one of them is creating conflict. I will see if zerbu already updated this mod
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    babyv004 wrote: »
    hi, my chief keeps freezing in front of restaurant. She shows no access message but nothing blocks her. I have already reset her but didnt help. Ther are 2 chiefs and after opening the first chief starts working and the other one keeps standing. I fired a chief and employed a new one. no change. I also replaced a kitchen station. Nothing. Thanks for any help.

That also happened to me but i just had one chef. I couldn't even manage the chef (the others i could but not the chef). It appeared as a normal person that I could socialize but not manage him/her (like paying for training etc).
    But in my case i think it was because Zerbu - Go to School Mod or Zerbu - Venue List Mod (i still didn't check with all custom content)
    i think one of them is creating conflict. I will see if zerbu already updated this mod

Hello @babyv004
    The venue list mod has been updated
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/145576818877/the-sims-4-venue-list-mod-update
  • Options
    babyv004babyv004 Posts: 6 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @babyv004

Thank you. i will download it right now.
    unfortunately I discover that is not exactly about zerbu mod (it's weird because I tried all the content separately (well in mean by the meted of slit/divide) and didn't give me error, but just when i use all the content at once)

i have to search again what may be causing the problem itself.
    however it was not a waste of time since I got rid of some custom content like hairs and shoes that didn't worked :smile:
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @babyv004

Thank you. i will download it right now.
    unfortunately I discover that is not exactly about zerbu mod (it's weird because I tried all the content separately (well in mean by the meted of slit/divide) and didn't give me error, but just when i use all the content at once)

i have to search again what may be causing the problem itself.
    however it was not a waste of time since I got rid of some custom content like hairs and shoes that didn't worked :smile:

Hello @babyv004.
    Perhaps it may help if you fire the chef and either rehire him or hire a new chef.

This is the link to the post that I wrote to reply to the other simmer that you posted reply to, but their issue may be different to yours.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14955372/#Comment_14955372
  • Options
    Hotlanta25Hotlanta25 Posts: 2 New Member
    My Sims 4 DineOut Staff will show up for work and stand around for 6-8 hours before sitting customers, attempt to take table orders or prepare the food. So I may be able to serve two tables before my staff starts complaining about working too long. Also, I have to manually clear tables as my waiters are so busy standing in one spot looking around. How do I fix that?
  • Options
    Hotlanta25 wrote: »
    My Sims 4 DineOut Staff will show up for work and stand around for 6-8 hours before sitting customers, attempt to take table orders or prepare the food. So I may be able to serve two tables before my staff starts complaining about working too long. Also, I have to manually clear tables as my waiters are so busy standing in one spot looking around. How do I fix that?

Hello @Hotlanta25
    Try going into build mode and moving the host station to another postion, where there is clear space around it. Make sure that there are no walls/half walls or plants causing routing issues. Only have one table piece on the tables. Check that there are no low positioned lamps over the top of the tables.
    Try keeping on moving/dragging the dirty dishes yourself to the waiters station. Add some more waiter stations to the restaurant.
    Try checking that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.
    Move the tables and chairs into other positions and see if that helps.
    Try giving your employees training and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    Hotlanta25Hotlanta25 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have no mods. how can I fix my gameplay from my staff just standing around doing nothing?
  • Options
    Hotlanta25 wrote: »
    I have no mods. how can I fix my gameplay from my staff just standing around doing nothing?

Hello
    Did you try the suggestions that I posted in the above post? If you haven't done so, try doing those things.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14960805/#Comment_14960805
    There may be routing issues and that is why the employees are standing around,
    Pay for training for them. Try praising them.
    Buy the inspiration speech restaurant perk and see if that helps.
    For you still have issues, you may need to fire them and hire new ones.
  • Options
    Amy_xoxoAmy_xoxo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hiya,

I don't know if it's just me but sometimes the waiters/waitresses don't pick up the meals waiting at the pass which makes other sims dining at my restaurant mad and leave with a 1 star rating. My wait staff are fully trained etc, No mods or CC I only have the base game, 2 expansions, dine out & outdoor retreat... any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.
  • Options
    Amy_xoxo wrote: »
    Hiya,

I don't know if it's just me but sometimes the waiters/waitresses don't pick up the meals waiting at the pass which makes other sims dining at my restaurant mad and leave with a 1 star rating. My wait staff are fully trained etc, No mods or CC I only have the base game, 2 expansions, dine out & outdoor retreat... any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.

Hello @Amy_xoxo
    Try entering build mode and check that there isn't anything hanging over the top of the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or waiter delivery issues.
    Make sure that there are no walls or plants causing routing issues and that there are clear ways for the waiters to be able to pick up/deliver the food. Only have one table piece on the tables. Check that there are no low positioned lamps over the top of the table.
    Try moving/dragging any dirty dishes yourself to the waiters station. Add some more waiter stations to the restaurant.
    Move any tables and chairs away from being too close to the kitchen pass.
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    I don't feel like going back to check if this has already been mentioned, but every once in a while, a bunch of Sims will show up to my restaurant at the same time and won't sit down. What they'll do, instead, is stand up near their table and chat. It's annoying, because they're technically seated, so other customers can't sit at their tables, but I'm not making any money if they're all just standing around and doing literally anything besides actually ordering food. Sometimes, they'll stay like that for hours, too.
  • Options
    Yelleb wrote: »
    I don't feel like going back to check if this has already been mentioned, but every once in a while, a bunch of Sims will show up to my restaurant at the same time and won't sit down. What they'll do, instead, is stand up near their table and chat. It's annoying, because they're technically seated, so other customers can't sit at their tables, but I'm not making any money if they're all just standing around and doing literally anything besides actually ordering food. Sometimes, they'll stay like that for hours, too.

Hello @Yelleb
    When that happens, try having your manager sim talk to them and see if that helps. Try offering them free food and see if that makes them sit down. Check to make sure that there is only one tablepiece item on the table where they are standing and remove any dirty dishes in case that is causing the issue. Also check that no low positioned lights are over the table.
  • Options
    112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    I have no mods, no cc, and this is what happens to my restaraunt as well..the waiters stand and hover, sometimes they spawn outside and don't come inside for 8 hours, I have started a new game, tried different rest's, staff is leveled up and nothing is blocking any routes, have sold and rebought, have done everything, everything already suggested..issue is still there
    I removed the bar stools from the bar, that stopped them from just sitting there and not ordering, as well as the nice couches I had in the waiting area, they tended to sit there and sit there
    honestly, the problem is the waiters mostly, chefs do what they need to , host is running smoothly, waiters have the issues maybe because they have to walk all over? i dont know..
    I start the day praising each worker, then start the welcoming and checking tables...
    I switch between rest's to give the staff a break, when my sim gets tired i give her a potion to keep going
    I don't understand it because sometimes they work perfectly, the next time I open i have lazy waiters or they didnt show up but I can't call them because they are already here...strange
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    112061 wrote: »
    I have no mods, no cc, and this is what happens to my restaraunt as well..the waiters stand and hover, sometimes they spawn outside and don't come inside for 8 hours, I have started a new game, tried different rest's, staff is leveled up and nothing is blocking any routes, have sold and rebought, have done everything, everything already suggested..issue is still there
    I removed the bar stools from the bar, that stopped them from just sitting there and not ordering, as well as the nice couches I had in the waiting area, they tended to sit there and sit there
    honestly, the problem is the waiters mostly, chefs do what they need to , host is running smoothly, waiters have the issues maybe because they have to walk all over? i dont know..
    I start the day praising each worker, then start the welcoming and checking tables...
    I switch between rest's to give the staff a break, when my sim gets tired i give her a potion to keep going
    I don't understand it because sometimes they work perfectly, the next time I open i have lazy waiters or they didnt show up but I can't call them because they are already here...strange

Hello.
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Just a few other things to check. Check that there is just one tablepiece on the tables. Make sure there are no low positioned lights over the tables. Remove the bar and if you have an aquarium remove that also.
    Buy the perk that you can give an inspirational speech. Perhaps fire these waiters and hire new ones. Drag any dirty dishes yourself to the waiters station.
    If the waiters stand outdoors , try closing then opening the restaurant and see if that helps. Try opening the restaurant from your home.
  • Options
    dawn_91dawn_91 Posts: 2 New Member
    Okay here's the thing. I have been working tirelessly on making my restaurant a success. Last night I finally got to 4 stars, then I saved my game and went to bed. Today I open up my game and find that I no longer own my restaurant. What the heck happened? I most def did not sell it, so why did my ownership just disappear? The only other thing I did was move in with the boyfriend and then the whole family moved to a new house. Could that have caused it?
  • Options
    dawn_91dawn_91 Posts: 2 New Member
    Okay here's the thing. I have been working tirelessly on making my restaurant a success. Last night I finally got to 4 stars, then I saved my game and went to bed. Today I open up my game and find that I no longer own my restaurant. What the heck happened? I most def did not sell it, so why did my ownership just disappear? The only other thing I did was move in with the boyfriend and then the whole family moved to a new house. Could that have caused it?
  • Options
    dawn_91 wrote: »

Hello @dawn_91 .
    I am sorry but doing those things does cause your sim to not own the restaurant. It is because there is a new household.
    Go to manage worlds, click on the lot where the restaurant is, and if there is an option to sell it, then sell it. Then have your sim buy the restaurant again.