Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    J8K9 wrote: »
    To everyone I hope you have a great Holiday and a great New Year where ever you are in this world! :)
    @J8K9 happy holidays and have a great new year
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    I managed to save up some simpoints and bought myself the The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire this morning. It looks so pretty, can't wait to play with it! :smiley:
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2015
    Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. Green (best discount) deals coming up in this section of the rotation are The Not So Routine Machine, It's Game Time, Hewnsman Outdoor Set and Haute Hacienda Kitchen - Old Town Oven. There is one 3-hour deal in this set, the Sporty Tank Top (individual item, only appears once per rotation) at number 465. Happy Shopping!

Current Deal (as of 2:33 UTC):

458 ) Relaxed Sweater / 41 / 75 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 677, # 268, # 380)

Upcoming Deals:
    459 ) Island Villa / 306 / 347 / 12% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Escape Compilation; 4 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 365, # 451)

460 ) The Not So Routine Machine / 125 / 605 / 79% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Final Frontier Set; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 474, # 796)

461 ) It's Game Time / 154 / 545 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Man Cave Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 328, # 75)

462 ) Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop / 265 / 593 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Level Up Collection; Man Cave Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 31, # 548)

463 ) Hewnsman Outdoor Set / 180 / 495 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 309, # 780, # 679)

464 ) Front Row Center Bedroom / 212 / 450 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 250, # 188, # 621)

This is a 3-hour deal
    465 ) Sporty Tank Top / 38 / 75 / 49% / 3 hours
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

466 ) VDBM-880 Wall Mirror / 38 / 61 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Club Vaindenburger Study; Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study)

467 ) Ragtime in the Big Easy / 578 / 1650 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 910, but less than # 442, # 934, # 167)

468 ) Contented Sighs / 7 / 31 / 77% / 2 hours
    Part of: Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation; Eloquently Eclectic Collection

469 ) Top of the Tower by Castle Kits, Inc. / 12 / 25 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc.; Best of 2010 Collection

470 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Old Town Oven / 44 / 81 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 599)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Just bought the Not So Routine Machine for 125 SP! :D That is such a great deal! Get it if you don't already have it :wink:
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    @Assirk Yes it is! :) Make sure to check out DD 551 - Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer. It will be free once you own the Not So Routine Machine :mrgreen: That set will also help you with Blast From the Past / May 2011 Compilation / Finest Living Finest Cooking.
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    @Assirk I grabbed it as well. Now to wait for DD #551 to come up :)
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    J8K9 wrote: »
    To everyone I hope you have a great Holiday and a great New Year where ever you are in this world! :)

Happy holiday's to you too. Hope you have a great New Year's as well. :)
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Some great DD stalking and advice going on. Love it!!! :mrgreen:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Question for all you awesome Daily Dealers - If I purchase the Serenity Retreat when it's on DD (#690), and then purchase Sunlit Tides when it's on DD (#972) will the store recognize that as the complete set (so that it counts towards me owning the whole store) or will it only count it as the whole thing if I buy the Sunlit Tides Gold?
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,997 Member
    @Faoiltearna - You will still get the message from the Make Me an Offer Machine that you own the store.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Proposed New DD Thread

I would like to propose that we begin a new "Current DD" thread and I would like to offer to host it. This thread is very lengthy. Excellent information is getting lost within the 1000 plus pages or is repeated many times.

When Ximph, who has done a wonderful job hosting this and previous DD threads, set up this thread she reserved 7 posts on the first page. Based on past lists, we all thought she had enough room to include the list of deals and other helpful information that had been included on the first page of previous DD threads. None of us could have predicted the list would far surpass the length of any of the lists before. Poor Ximph hit character limits in the posts she had reserved. To be able to post the full list of 977 deals, helpful tips that used to be on the first pages of the previous DD threads had to be moved to an off-site DD thread forum.

With the benefit of knowing the length of the deal list, the first page of a new thread could be set up to not only have a list of the deals, but to replace all the information that used to be available on the previous threads. The first post would be a contents list with hyperlinks to important posts and threads within the Sims 3 forum making it easier for everyone to find information included in the over 1000 pages of this thread, in our bookmarks and in our signatures. I propose an FAQ post and posts on tips, guides and informative threads. You may have seen I have presented a new spreadsheet and I would like to see a post with links to the current DD spreadsheet and all the versions of the new personalized DD tracker.

So people will find the new thread, we will provide a link in the last pages of this thread. If people keep posting in this thread, we keep posting a link to the new thread until this one becomes dormant.

If no one objects to having a new thread or me hosting, I would like to start the new thread in a few days.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Sounds good to me, Jodi ( @Me1620 ) :smiley:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    @Me1620 oh my gosh that is a good idea! Thank you for spearheading such a huge project! :smiley:
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @Me1620 — That sounds like an excellent plan, Jodi! I'm sure it would be very helpful to add the extra information and links to the first few posts, and to be able to customise those posts as we get new information and tools for the DD community. I definitely think your new spreadsheets should be there. I hope you know how much your efforts are always appreciated. :smiley:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    @despina53 , @Assirk, @kellycot1 - Thanks for the very quick responses and endorsement of my plan.

Of course, the thread will have a link to a certain simdex ;)

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @Me1620 — That's so great to hear! I feel like I'm bragging whenever I mention it, but I do think it's a useful thing to include. We might have to start collecting extra resources for you to include in the posts. ciane's post about reinstalling content would be a good one for the DD Simmers, since so many of us end up with far too much Store content! But, there are so many resources out there like that. I'll have to start going through my bookmarks again! :tongue:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Proposed New DD Thread

A good idea. The time seems right.
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    @despina53 , @Assirk, @kellycot1 - Thanks for the very quick responses and endorsement of my plan.

Of course, the thread will have a link to a certain simdex ;)

Also, the Compendium. I've found it helpful.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    @kellycot1 - Yesterday, I was using the simdex in a new way. I quickly copied and pasted the entries you made for a particular set into a spreadsheet. With the set items quickly added to the spreadsheet, I then added the store prices and some formulas so I could help a fellow simmer figure out the CYS and best way to get the green download for a particular set.
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    We might have to start collecting extra resources for you to include in the posts.
    ^This!

If I get the nod to start the new thread, I value everyone's input, whether the posts will be here or in the new thread. I would constantly update the first page of the new thread with links to helpful information. While I would be hosting, the new thread would belong to all of us. I welcome if someone wants to host a post within the thread. Meg1626 hosted a Welcome Wagon within the DD thread and ajaxpost posted a link it on page 1 of the then current DD thread.

Ciane's thread is on my list. I would include the links listed on the DD spreadsheet's Useful Link tab and on the Welcome tab.

I would include a post on tools, threads and tips on owning the store. This would include the DD calculator, cascade threads, threads listing free items, threads on clean wishlists and gifting threads. I could include links to producer walkthroughs on store worlds or set review threads.

I would like another post focusing on "What to do Now that You Own the Store". This would include threads like Ciane's.

• Options

The compendium would fit perfectly in the "What to do Now that You Own the Store" post. We may want to include links to threads that discuss store items such as how to get the bakery to work.

• Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    @Me1620 thanks for the quick response about the store, much appreciated. :smile: Also, I love the idea of the new DD thread!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Morning! Jodi (@Me1620) I love the idea and will poke thru my bookmarks to see what would be helpful. Definitely Erin's simdex and @frozenorangejuic's compendium. I have used both extensively with building my world. Also consider adding this one as it has some wonderful history of the DD members builds, as well as great hints and tips for newbies learning to build or take pics. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/701677/dwellings-destinations-designs-a-creation-sharing-thread-formerly-ddsba/p1
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 23 hours. This section of the rotation brings us the best (green) discounts on the Tiki Living Room Set, the Uber Sani-Sim Toilet, and the Everyday Teens Collection. There are also several white (once-on-the-rotation) items toward the bottom of this section, including one individual item that is not part of any set, the Snap and Sprint Shoes. Happy Shopping!

Current Deal (as of 4:53pm UTC):
    471 ) Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study) / 450 / 891 / 49% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Includes: Club Vaindenburger Den; Club Vaindenburger Study
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 790, but less than # 835)

Upcoming Deals:
    472 ) Steampunk Savvy / 420 / 561 / 25% / 2 hours
    Part of: Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 732, # 194, but less than # 118)

473 ) Hewnsman Living Room Set / 419 / 1073 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 382, but less than # 406)

474 ) The Not So Routine Machine / 130 / 605 / 79% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Final Frontier Set; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 460 but same as # 796)

475 ) Tiki Living Room Set / 152 / 220 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 257 but less than # 301)

476 ) Uber Sani-Sim Toilet / 112 / 467 / 76% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 644, # 921, # 923, # 851)

477 ) Ancient Warriors / 9 / 29 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

478 ) Everyday Teens Collection / 481 / 1219 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine is also included in Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 239, # 45)

479 ) Safari Living: Table Top Baobab / 11 / 27 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Safari Living Set; World Inspiration Compilation; Adventurous Life!

This is a 3-hour deal
    480 ) Red Dragon Loveseat / 47 / 81 / 42% / 3 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation

481 ) Snap and Sprint Shoes / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours

482 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- The Royal Treatment Towel Rack / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; May 2012 Compilation Set
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options

The compendium would fit perfectly in the "What to do Now that You Own the Store" post. We may want to include links to threads that discuss store items such as how to get the bakery to work.

"How to Get the Bakery to Work" is on my to-read list lol!

• Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Morning! Jodi (@Me1620) I love the idea and will poke thru my bookmarks to see what would be helpful. Definitely Erin's simdex and @frozenorangejuic's compendium. I have used both extensively with building my world. Also consider adding this one as it has some wonderful history of the DD members builds, as well as great hints and tips for newbies learning to build or take pics. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/701677/dwellings-destinations-designs-a-creation-sharing-thread-formerly-ddsba/p1

Could add the DD Museum (dedicated to the great DD Stalking Thread). Although I have this museum lot in my game, I can't find the Exchange entry for it any more. Do you remember?

My memory stinks, so I can't even recall whose lot it is. @ajaxpost @frozenorangejuic @kellycot1 ?

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top