Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

The Now & Then Century Manor is live!

Hey Simmers!

We’ve got good news and bad news.  Let’s get the bad news out of the way first. 

Unfortunately the L Shaped Stairs ran into a rather large issue (bug) when used with the L-Shaped Stairs from the Prism Art Studio.  We wanted to make sure we took the time to sort this problem out properly, so we will be pulling the new L-Shaped Stairs from this release.  Don’t worry, I don’t think that’s the last we will see of them.  

The good news is that as a replacement I was able to convince my boss to let us make an amazing new chandelier!  The Hanging Bowl Crystal Chandelier is an ornate vintage chandelier that comes with an attachable chain so that you can hang it in a big open foyer!  Keep an eye on this page for a sneak peak of this new chandelier coming soon!

Screenshot-57.jpg\

NEW SCREENSHOT!

Screenshot-102.jpg

SimGuruCopeland mentioned in February that the Bohemian Garden was part of a 2 part series, where we reimagined the popular Mansions & Gardens pack from The Sims 2. Well, Part II is coming out in May! Stay tuned to this thread as we continue to update you with new details about the new set.

It's Monday, April 14th and we couldn't wait any longer to start talking!

Hint #1: In May we celebrate Builders with a release dedicated entirely to getting the most out of your creation! Today here’s the first look at the reimagined grand curved staircase from the Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff! These new stair attachments are incredibly versatile, allowing you to create a variety of unique looks.

Curved%2520Stairs%25201.jpg

Hint #3: What keeps people out while drawing them in? The Forgotten Ironwork Fence is one of the most beautifully intricate fences we’ve ever done. Imagine it wrapping around your mansion or as the entrance to your secret garden.

iron%2520fence.jpg

Hint #4: Did somebody ask for Re-colorable Stained Glass Windows? How about watching the day go by sitting in a screened porch?

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-2WnXxUeocM0/U1BcZlzL8vI/AAAAAAAAASg/8ZlPAZ-teUM/s1088/Windows.jpg[/img]

Hint #5: TGIF! We're kicking off the weekend excitement by unveiling one of the best parts of the May release! Day or night the Mansard roof kit will make all of your Second Empire building dreams come true!

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-XOg9CwXg368/U1GQ_8Lt4bI/AAAAAAAAASw/P-5zCEw0x00/s800/Mansard.jpg[/img]

Starting today, we're going to release a series of hints highlighting the 'now&then' features of the May venue.

Hint #6: The Now & Then Century Manor is the same home set in its prime and then 100 years later. New & old version of many items. Watch for @SimGuruCopeland's Tweet #Now&Then on Twitter to keep track of all the new & old things!

window%25202.jpg

Hint #7: Look at the windows, they used to look new and shiny, now they're all boarded up. #Now&Then

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-eNh9-94d96c/U1bxe6DEkLI/AAAAAAAAATQ/53Vr3xUmyJQ/s719/boarded%2520windows.jpg[/img]

Hint #8: Even some of the artwork takes a darker tone between Now & Then. Did you ever notice your old pictures fading as the time goes by? #NowAndThen

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-wkqnQgKxDxc/U1gGFA1BxmI/AAAAAAAAATg/d5QUyr9SxUY/s800/Pictures.jpg[/img]

Here are some close up shots of the artwork!
[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-AjvMrSqmwo0/U1gKzhlb9FI/AAAAAAAAAT0/l1rhzKmcoUo/s800/picture%25202.jpg[/img]

picture%25203.jpg

Hint #9: A number of people have asked if there’s a bannister that matches the curved staircase. Here’s a picture of that, the porch railing and the new Dead Hedge. #Now&Then

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-etDHxfuittY/U1l-Ym6Sl_I/AAAAAAAAAUE/fWNS3zBht98/s800/bannisters.jpg[/img]

Here's the very first screenshot of the May Venue! Yep, it's a venue :)

screen1.jpg

Let's play a game of I Spy. What do YOU spy in the screenshot below?

Screenshot-30.jpg

Stay tuned and chat away!

Comments

• Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2014
    I guess that means the new set will be a mansion themed one. :P

I'm excited to find out what the premium content will be. :D
  • Options
    mmaddiee14mmaddiee14 Posts: 120 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Eeek! Fingers crossed for some new perhaps grand curved stairs! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited April 2014
    I love it when you guys revisit themes from previous games, and when you expand upon existing themes in the store. So I'm pretty excited :D
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm a non-builder, but I do like building sets, because it excites the builders to build us new and awesome lots for me to download.

And to be honest, the Store needs more building sets, because the love needs to be shared among all types of simmers.

Finally, I'm always up for new PC, so I hope we get something, although I am clueless on what it would be for a builder's set.
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited April 2014
    8) Awesome sauce! Please let one of the pc items be a gardener career, please, please, please???? Many of us would love the ability to hire a gardener, and then to be able to do landscaping as a career would be awesome for those that love to garden.

squishy hugz ;)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited April 2014
    I loved the Mansions & Gardens SP...
    Although, I wonder just how "loosely" it will be based? I really hope we get doors, fences, mansard roof pieces, and windows similar to what that SP provided, they were so awesome!

I would love more hanging plants, potted flowers, and garden themed decor/statues. I use to make some pretty grand estates in Sims 2 due to that pack. :)
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited April 2014
    So are you sticking close to the original M&G?

If so, we have a huge bunch of Art Deco stuff from Roaring Heights. Are you bringing back the Second Empire or the Moroccan build sets?

MTS_karenlorraine-1332216-01frontview.jpg

B002SMJ414.03.lg.jpg
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2014
    Please let this set include a bunch of roof decorations like the gable-end pieces from Aurora Skies and Midnight Hollow. Please, please, please!

Also want to see grand curved staircases, both left and right, with matching railing/fence.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited April 2014
    WOW this is exciting. Can't wait! :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,400 Member
    edited April 2014
    I bet one of the items will be a ceiling fan that actually works. :wink:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited April 2014
    I think it is possible that I might really like this set. :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,400 Member
    edited April 2014
    Also it's worth mentioning pc hasn't been ruled out yet.
  • Options
    biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    edited April 2014
    I love the cool things they bring but I really want a gardner lol
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm with catloverplayer have been wanting a moving ceiling fan forever.*Shakes head on what could possibly be PC in this set* I really like any new gameplay but really am baffled on the pc unless of course its a working swinging woohooing hammock of love.By all means feel free to steal the name to use when you make The Hammock of love..I mean come on you already made the seat of romance and it is a toilet :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Also a fireplace with recolorable bricks/CAStyle bricks would be great even if only on one fireplace.I hate having to hide ugly red brick fireplaces on a grey stone home or using cheats to delete the back to hide it.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    As far as gardens go a easily placeable recolorable curved bridge would be very nice to add to gardens or a Koi pond that you can just plop down.The bridge would be a nice compliment to a easily placed Gazebo we have.And most of all A HAMMOCK

tropical-beach-hammock-wallpaper_zpsa2f0c845.jpg

bliss_hammock_brazilian_style_hammock_in_a_bag-1_zpsf3db8a67.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    eickley8472eickley8472 Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2014
    I think as hammock would be cool PC and would so with the set perfectly.
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2014
    Also a fireplace with recolorable bricks/CAStyle bricks would be great even if only on one fireplace.I hate having to hide ugly red brick fireplaces on a grey stone home or using cheats to delete the back to hide it.

I agree with this 1000% I hate the fireplaces because we always have to hide them to make our builds look good.

Eveebella
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Did I mention a hammock :mrgreen::lol:

hanging-hammock_zps73c86fb6.jpg

Hammock woohoo how weird and delightful.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    And this is for Cinderellimouse because I feel she needed some time off to regain her strength.I feel if enough people ask for a hammock we will get it.

cathammock_zps96e2b1a7.gif

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    mgantussmgantuss Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2014
    5784905964_574297acc7_z.jpg

at least

screenshot_26.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The hammock better swing too..or I shall cry many a tear.Just try not to make this happen.Hammock fail 101 graduate of 2012.EDIT:or make this happen as a possibility for the Hammock fail moodlet or embarassed moodlet.

giphy_zps1de43cc6.gif

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited April 2014
    Eveebella wrote:

I agree with this 1000% I hate the fireplaces because we always have to hide them to make our builds look good.

Eveebella

Can I just say "amen"? We really NEED the recolorable chimney's, Dearest Store Team, it is beyond a want at this point! :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited April 2014
    mgantuss wrote:
    5784905964_574297acc7_z.jpg

at least

screenshot_26.jpg

YES!!!!

I loved Mansions and Gardens and this is one of the reasons why. I am getting really excited, a building heavy set is one of my big wants.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi zoo.. :mrgreen: IKR isn't it weird that even when you get just one new build item it opens up a whole new world of ideas even something as small as a new window or a door.Now a whole set of new build items would be freaking fabulous of course and would look great with a HAMMOCK!! in the garden.Plus new plants would be great.

DfydFiZ.gif