May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,481 Member
    edited April 2014
    tsbtsb45 wrote:
    Has it been confirmed we will get PC with this set I've got a feeling we won't be getting any

No but it hasn't been denied either.

Crosses fingers for a hammock or porch swing.
  • Options
    ludopowerludopower Posts: 17
    edited April 2014
    My two wishes are U-shaped stairs :
    u-shaped-victorian-ash-wood-stair.jpg

And OF COURSE :
    hammockashgarden.jpg

When will we know if we'll ever get a new world?

Preferably the "Flash neon lights & High Fashion from a Modern asian City" mentioned in the last survey?
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited April 2014
    ludopower wrote:
    U-shaped stairs
    u-shaped-victorian-ash-wood-stair.jpg

Yes! U-shaped stairs that we can build walls around with different railing options!! That would be wonderful and I would finally be able to build my RL house without using cheats. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    edited April 2014
    I hope people realize that this is just a store set and it has probably already been built. Not to rain on anyone's parade... :(
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2014
    Empire Line roof pieces would be nice. Good to read that builders will enjoy this upcoming set. I know I've wanted more complete build sets, like BahHaus.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    About fireplaces: I love warm moodlet given at sims if in the same room with fireplace. But sometimes I'm building homes without fireplace, because I don't like chimney going trough all upper floors. Removing completelly chimney don't helps - I have read, this is creating routing issues, where it has been before. Sometimes is my game crashing too, if I'm moving my chimneys (for replacing those with another colorways or for deleting some unnecessary parts).

I'm forever getting rid of chimneys and/or replacing them with a different chimney and I don't encounter routing issues but it may be because of the way I do it. Instead of putting the fireplace in where I want it and THEN removing the chimney what I do is place the entire fireplace outside somewhere on the lot and THEN I remove the chimney and then I move the fireplace to where I want it. Since the chimney was then never part of the build I'm thinking it can't then cause routing problems.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    This is exciting! :)

My wish list:

Curved mansion stairs, mansard roof like M&G, all new elegant patterns, a new elegant wall style, tasteful neutrally colored (NOT modern) stained glass window, recolorable chimney for an elegant fireplace.

AND new indoor plants suitable for an indoor arboretum, along with end table sized decor statues that also fit on mantles, plus new non-modern elegant portrait/landscape paintings and perhaps a new indoor flower arrangement (to lure the non-builders).

If we aren't getting the PC tea set, then I wouldn't turn down an elegant decor tea set. ;)

Because it isn't enough to simply build the mansion exterior -- we must also decorate it to look like a mansion should, inside. :D

Exactly! I hope they won't neglect the knick knacks!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,481 Member
    edited April 2014
    BoredinTX wrote:
    I hope people realize that this is just a store set and it has probably already been built. Not to rain on anyone's parade... :(

We don't know this is just a set yet. It may have some pc in it.
  • Options
    llynnyiallynnyia Posts: 2,251 New Member
    edited April 2014
    very excited... builds ...
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited April 2014
    Something I would love to see are ceiling beams. I have never seen anyone ask for these so I really doubt they would make them available, but I would love to have some. I have some from a third party, and I use them all the time. I would like to be able to use them on lots I create and share.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Loula31Loula31 Posts: 48 Member
    edited April 2014
    I know this is for bulding stuff witch i cant wait to see.. but could you please add something for sims to it aswell i would love to see more makeup an longer hairs for female sims! long hair with curls or without.. i been waiting for a set for this sense i buyed the games /:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121028160143/prettylittleliars/images/8/84/AlisonCourtneyPLL.jpg

theses hairs are perfect to show what i mean.. would love them styles in game! as i have long hair like this in occ. id like my sim to have it to.

Sorry if picture didnt show im new at the picture adding thing.
  • Options
    eickley8472eickley8472 Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Something I would love to see are ceiling beams. I have never seen anyone ask for these so I really doubt they would make them available, but I would love to have some. I have some from a third party, and I use them all the time. I would like to be able to use them on lots I create and share.

It would be cool though if they added them.
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited April 2014
    I would love to see longer hairstyles for females as well as some nicer one for guys as well.What I would really love to hairstyles of different era's as well to go with our sets that lacked these.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited April 2014
    After the last lot of home made stained glass windows being seen as some sort of decor owned personally by the sim that made them, and the bakery where sims that bake in the bakery can't transfer their baked goods into the display units in the bakery without going into buy mode, I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this long hoped for build set.

I just hope it contains items that can be used for building and that they are actual build items. I'd like to find them in the build/buy catalogue.
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi zoo.. :mrgreen: IKR isn't it weird that even when you get just one new build item it opens up a whole new world of ideas even something as small as a new window or a door.Now a whole set of new build items would be freaking fabulous of course and would look great with a HAMMOCK!! in the garden.Plus new plants would be great.

EXACTLY!!
    darkwidow,

I would love more "official" patterns for CASt. I would also love more flooring and wall coverings.

I don't think that it would be hard to add this to the set. I'm going to hope for this!! :)

And this would be great, too!!!
    SuttiPutt wrote:
    Here are a few things that I would love to see,but basically would love anything as well that's never been done with the mansion and garden stuff that we always wished they had as well.

1.Love the idea of a fireplace with colorable bricks,it made it impossible for different styles of homes and it would also would be great if we had fireplaces where we can hang things from them like the stockings from the holiday stuff.
    2.Would love to have different styles of stairs like,curved,L-shaped,U-shaped,short stairs for out front to be used with or without foundation,stone stairs and grand mansion type stairs that are colorable where we can use any railing of our choosing.
    3.Different styles of roofs that are colorable to match the houses.
    4.Windows that fit the curtains better and that are medium in size and some mansion styles like we had in the mansion and garden stuff.
    5.Stained glass windows that can be colorable where we can put medieval,Victorian exc styles as well as our own where we can add different colors to the glass as well.
    6.A rounded room blueprint where we could have more realistic looking Victorian homes or castles.
    7.Lattice work for the foundation that can be recolorable to match the house.
    8.Outdoor patio table that has a umbrella built into the table like we had in sims1 which was really great for outdoor entertaining.
    9.A juke box like we had in sims2 for our fifties themed diner.
    10.A old southern water fountain that shoots the water up like a waterfall.
    11.Colorable rocks and flowers of all kinds like pennies and roses to add a little something special to our builds.
    12. Hamock which would look great for a country or Victorian home.
    13.A sunken bath tub that's round,would look great in a mansion.
    14.A country porch swing for two which would add to the old southern charm of the mansions.
    15. A shower head like we have in the Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts venue,where they can actually take a shower without their swimmingsuits on.
    16.a old well that actually draws water or pump which would look great with the mansions or country farms.

OMG!! And ALL of this but ESPECIALLY the recolorable roofs, we have needed that and the recolorable chimneys since forever!!!

GAH! Everything everyone mentions now seems like a huge necessity, and I'm just making myself greedier and more anxious about this set---- WHY is it not going to be here until MAY???

Zoo

oow785m
  • Options
    ludopowerludopower Posts: 17
    edited April 2014
    llynnyia wrote:
    very excited... builds ...

It seems like here and on fansites, a huge amount of simmers are just BEGGING for 2 specific kind of stuff :
    - Hammocks (who would have guessed?)
    - New types of Stairs (U-shaped stairs & curved stairs)

Shall I mention these 3 kinds of objects are extremely easy to create for our dear Gurus and would satisfy a LOT of players? Not to mention a very simple animation needed for the hammock)?

These are actually semi-premium content, just like harvestables, still, we almost all want them.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2014
    The CAS items are what put me off buying Bohemian Garden. Mansion and Garden Stuff was one of my favourite Stuff Packs from The Sims 2, and although I like the furniture that came with Bohemian Garden I didn't like the clothes enough to justify buying the whole set, and would have much preferred more garden decor. We still have a shortage of potted plants and 'garden shed' clutter so I was disappointed we got more CAS stuff instead of those. This time round I'm hoping the entire set is Build/Buy, though the last release didn't include any clothes or hairs so I'm doubtful.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    This sounds very exciting :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited April 2014
    screenshot_26.jpg

All I want... please hope this happens. :thumbup:
  • Options
    llynnyiallynnyia Posts: 2,251 New Member
    edited April 2014
    sweeping stairs, curved stains, U stairs... please o please o please...

on the hair discussion, I need a waist long braid so bad my hair is waist long and we have exactly 2 styles that long maybe three or four if you count some of the updos.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

YES!!! THIS!!! I vaguely remember requesting them once a long time ago. I'd really like these!

1575_20412559_IMG_08_0001.JPG

A few other things I'd like would be a ceiling rose:

Traditional%20Plaster%20ceiling%20Rose.jpg

I don't know what to call this, but it would be a little iron or wooden 'fence' but at the top instead of the bottom. :? You see them on Victorian porches a lot. But you can't use a fence because the sims can't walk through it, like how this one is above the steps.

New-Orleans-Historic-Home-with-Porch-1024x856.jpg

So, if we were to get those gorgeous Old Town railings, it's be nice to get a little 'top part' connecting bit, modelled off something sims could pass under.

*looks for better images*

metal_corner_porches.jpg

Nope, can't find any others, but my search led to other pretty Victorian iron-work images:

P3022188.jpg

castironporchsv1.jpg

And I found this little fella from the Victoria and Albert Museum!

P2262137e.jpg

Other build things I love to see are some frescos: wall and floor/ceiling tiles. Traditional/historical looking ones. And a giant clock-face!

Ooooooh... I'm getting all giddy again!
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I'm forever getting rid of chimneys and/or replacing them with a different chimney and I don't encounter routing issues but it may be because of the way I do it. Instead of putting the fireplace in where I want it and THEN removing the chimney what I do is place the entire fireplace outside somewhere on the lot and THEN I remove the chimney and then I move the fireplace to where I want it. Since the chimney was then never part of the build I'm thinking it can't then cause routing problems.
    Thank You, I'll try it out :-) Have a marvelous simming!
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    Sandygurl4uSandygurl4u Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'll get excited if it's on sale. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey Simmers!

SimGuruCopeland mentioned in February that the Bohemian Garden was part of a 2 part series, where we reimagined the popular Mansions & Gardens pack from The Sims 2. Well, Part II is coming out in May! Stay tuned to this thread as we continue to update you with new details about the new set.

Have a great weekend!

Pictures, EA, or it didn't happen. :lol:

MG was darn near the best SP in existence--that's BIG SHOES, EA!
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited April 2014
    Builders, get excited for May. Part II is coming!

You have my attention!!! :shock:

olho.gif
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png