Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tartosa World Discussion Thead

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
This is the place to discuss The Tartosa Beach World Coming in Wedding Stories and pictures are welcome here. Notice the pic on the top right it shows a glimpse of the world. This ocean looks different from Sulani.

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Only thing I can speculate is that it could be based on a real life city/capital in Spain of the same name...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    We aren't sure if it's based on Greece, Spain or a Mediterranean world. Though someone pointed out that one of the sims in the invitation has a Spanish name. We haven't seen any exterior buildings or much of how the world looks so it's hard to tell.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    "Tartosa" makes me think of these things, in this order

1. Pastry
    2. A rude name to call ladies fond of entertainments less sophisticated than a fancy wedding party
    3. Tartarus, the land of eternal torment in classical mythology.

Which best suits a wedding pack? Hmm...

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    There is this picture also.

@Sthenastia said it looks like Mallorca. I can see similar windows, trees and water in the pictures. I think it would be lovely, if true.
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    The world reminds me the beautiful island Mallorca. I hope that the world has at least 10 lots. If we receive less number of lots I will be disappointed because it is probably the only possiblility to receive Spanish/Italian/South French world.

palma-de-mallorca.jpg

z24908503IH,Cala-d-Or--Majorka---Hiszpania.jpg

Palma_de_Mallorca-Altstadt%20(17).jpg?ph=b6084349e4

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so want to find out how many lots does Tartosa have & if it's a livable world.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so want to find out how many lots does Tartosa have & if it's a livable world.
    *crosses fingers for resident world with about 10-11 lots*
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

I will be so happy if this comes true!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

That would be so amazing! Also, in the photos you can see what looks like a beachy/sea cliffs neighbourhood and another neighbourhood in the photo with the stalls that looks like it's in town so I'm assuming that the world will be slightly bigger than like normal Game Pack worlds because usually the ones with 5-6 lots have one neighbourhood theme only.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Mediterranean world, yeah!

Slightly off topic, but did anyone notice the stain glass windows? That's new isnt it?
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I think it will be a Mediterranean island. The stained glass and cobblestone reminds me of Spain. I would love a Spanish island and Spanish architecture objects. It could also be an East Asian island though, the vendor art design reminds me of cute bakeries and shops in Korea and there is going to be a tea ceremony in the game. I would love either.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I need at least 6 lots to be happy with this world.

I also hope one of the lots is beachfront and extends to the water.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    It looks like it'll be two neighborhoods from these screenshots at least, the shot with the stalls and buildings looks like a town neighborhood and the other shots look like a more rural beach neighborhood
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    edited February 2022
    I love the idea of Mallorca or another Mediterranean world.

If we think back to the survey in April 2020, these were the world inspirations that they had the community vote on:

Brazilian Beach Town
    South African City
    Spanish City
    Korean City
    Swiss Mountain Town
    Chinese Countryside
    Scottish Highlands
    Italian Vineyards
    Greek Islands
    Costa Rican Rainforest

I've bolded the items on the list that might be relevant to Tartosa. A Mediterranean world/Mallorca is possible given the inclusion of Spanish City and Greek Islands. There is also an outside possibility of a combo of the Brazilian beach town/Costa Rican Rainforest ideas, though that seems a bit less likely given what we've seen so far. Even South Africa is possible, as it is on the ocean.
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    edited February 2022
    I need at least 6 lots to be happy with this world.

I also hope one of the lots is beachfront and extends to the water.

I'm hopeful for the 10-11 some are mentioning, but the 6 seems more likely. If we think about the worlds that have come with previous game packs, two have been small (Forgotten Hollow - 5, Glimmerbrook - 6), while Strangerville gave us 12 (which shockingly is more than/equal to what some expansion packs provided). We can keep our fingers crossed for something around 10, but 6 seems more realistic to me.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm confused as to how a wedding pack needs a new world? I mean I am happy for those that want a new world and I'm not saying that it shouldn't exist or anything it's just I also don't understand what a new world has to do with weddings beyond maybe providing a nice honeymoon location?

I love beach worlds, Sulani is my absolute favourite so I'm looking forward to seeing how it will look.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm confused as to how a wedding pack needs a new world? I mean I am happy for those that want a new world and I'm not saying that it shouldn't exist or anything it's just I also don't understand what a new world has to do with weddings beyond maybe providing a nice honeymoon location?

I love beach worlds, Sulani is my absolute favourite so I'm looking forward to seeing how it will look.

I think the idea is that lots of weddings are destination weddings and island destination weddings are very popular. Also, lots of honeymoons are on islands. We've only got two vacation spots so far, a jungle and a campground, so I hope this world is a proper vacation world. I love Sulani too, but I don't really count it as a vacation world because it's got careers and residential neighbourhoods and it doesn't feel like a vacation world to me. I do love Sulani though.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited February 2022
    It’s giving me Ibiza vibes. Maybe Mallorca too. It looks nice.I might get that GP after all (yeah, I’m probably the only weirdo that never has weddings in TS4, never used that feature, I marry my sims in CAS :lol: ).
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Looking at worlds that came with other GPs, I'm expecting 5 lots (like Forgotton Hollow or Glimmerbrook) but hoping for 10+ (like Strangerville).
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think it will be a larger world than Forgotten Hollow or Glimmerbrook because they're not including a whole occult state with ranks and powers, or a magic realm. New types of parties and some additional planning ahead systems and party objects feels no more complex than JA, which should allow them the resources to make a world as big as Selvadorada.
    Plus, they're going to be introducing at least one new community lot type (I hope for both boutiques for planning and a proper venue lot type for the event itself), and the world is almost certainly going to come with a couple of these new lots. So if they're going to leave any room at all for residential lots they'll have to give us more than 4 or 5.
    I'd prefer it to be a residential world as that's the most flexible. Anyone who prefers it as a vacation world can turn any residential lots into rentals while others can have sims live there.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    I'm hoping the new world will be residential, that way we have the choice of living there full time or taking much needed vacations.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    I'm hoping the new world will be residential, that way we have the choice of living there full time or taking much needed vacations.

I think it will be residential...it would just be weird for them to consider all weddings as destination weddings.

Not to mention that requiring your sims to go on vacation just to visit the cake shop and flower shop when preparing for the wedding in the first place wouldn't make any sense at all.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited February 2022
    In Spanish, tarta means cake and -osa is a suffix meant to turn a noun into an adjective. So, if it's indeed Spanish inspired, Tartosa would roughly translate to Cakefull -quite fitting for a wedding destination.

There's also a town in Catalonia (Spain) called "Tortosa" but it's not a coastal town. Maybe it'll be a new world based on "Costa Daurada" (Catalonia's Mediterranean coast) or some other Spanish region with a dialect similar to Catalan like Valencia or Balear Islands.

Another option would be a Spanish speaking country in the Caribbean like Cuba, México, Puerto Rico or Venezuela.
    Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I'm hoping EA/Maxis puts some brand-new venues in,and that we don't have to see ANOTHER library or gym or bar plunked in.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    The world is residential because the pack features at least two premades (Dominique and Camille from the invitation and the cover). Also the world Tartosa sounds spanish to me (Camille's last name is Soto, a spanish name). We haven' t got a single neighboorhood game pack ever since vampires (it was the only one too- Realm of magic had a secret neighboorhood). As far as lots go, I think that at least 8 is a reasonanle amount to expect. The number of lots is not as important to me though as the beachy aspect. I hope that the beaches have large swimmable areas.