Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finding Love Interests

When I create a story in my head, I will usually will create a single girl without any kids and the guy I want her to get with and they live together and I build up their relationship.

I was wondering how everybody else does it.

Do you do the same thing as me, and make them a household from the start?
Do you create your potential love interest and have them move into their own home? If so, how do you get them to eventually meet?
Do you let the game determine who your sim will fall in love with?

I'm interested in filling my world with some eligible, single sims and just letting things happen as they will, but I've never done that before so any suggestions would be great!

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I do it a couple way. The way you described and also a single guy in his own house and have them meet somewhere. Sometimes this is not easy and you have to help it along. Sometimes I will have my single gal date many men, warning this can backfire if the one you want her to be with gets 'angry'.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It varies. Sometimes I discover townies with a neat look, like Spellcaster Teen Alvin Dasilva, and maybe style them a bit, to suit my play. Sometimes I get annoyed with my San Myshuno neighbors, and go into CAS to randomize a replacement, which ends up being romance-worthy, which is how I got my current Journey to Batuu exploration Sim's boyfriend.

Wax3nbr.png

For my legacy, I added some teens for my 2nd gen to date, as they became Teens themselves, only one of which made the cut as a permanent partner, for my youngest sibling of that generation. The eldest married Alexander Goth, the middle one got a Randomized CAS Sim I had made to explore Realm of Magic.

Sometimes, premades. Sometimes, townies. Sometimes, I go to CAS. They usually start out as homeless, or in their own household, but I also have just dropped them in together and made them work it out.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    I'll admit, the romance part of sims life has never really been a high priority. I tend to just ... go with whoever strikes me and it seems to work out.

That said, I did add a character as a love interest on purpose once, but I was playing a generational game so I brought him in as a child. Through some MCCC shenanigans, he was adopted by the main sim's Uncle's husband so that he didn't show up as her cousin when it came time for relationships.

I need to finish updating my mods and get back to that save, they're in the middle of looking for said uncle in Selvadorada.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It depends on my mood -- sometimes I'll create the couple right off the bat and make them married in CAS. That way they can get started on the family quickly. My current family though started out with my Sim, Tiffany Leavitt, as a teen; she was living with her older sister in Brindleton Bay. (I'd made her older sister, Cassidy, with the tutorial to test it out, then created Tiffany to test some features to see if teens could do them; liked the pair so much I saved them to my Library to play in other saves.) Tiffany, an aspiring painter, went off to UBrite to major in Fine Arts; while there, she met Kolby McGowan, a Drama major living in her dorm, and the pair hit it off quite well. After Tiffany graduated, the two of them moved to an apartment in San Myshuno, where Tiffany began her painting career and Kolby started doing auditions for soap commercials and the like. When Kolby started getting better roles and Tiffany had some big painting sales (thanks Plopsy!) the pair moved to Willow Creek, Kolby getting fed up with their noisy neighbors. They're now married, with two sons (Carson, named for Johnny Carson, and Sean, named for Sean Connery); Tiffany got a job offer she couldn't turn down and is now a writer, Kolby is a Silver Screen Icon but only a B-lister in celebrity status so he's got some work to do.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Another thing I like to do is mess with Don Lothario. I had him all turned around every which way he was about to loose his mind. My Sim self was messing with him, woo hooing one day and ignoring him for days after. I love it when men get their come-up-ence. Reminds me of my younger days when the boys would chase me for a date.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    It depends. Sometimes my Sims will meet a townie and fall in love. Other times it's a premade. A couple of times I created two sims who I want to eventually get together. They started off as friends and progressed from there. Then there's the Simda dating app mod by LittleMsSam that a couple of my Sims used to find a mate.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,904 Member
    I try to keep it organic (meeting in game), but my very latest couple is different.
    Bailey was a single, young adventurer splitting her time between Sulani and Selvadorada. Upon aging up, I decided it was time to try dating at least. Because I felt like playing aliens, I put down a single alien Sim from a previous project. Enter Darin. It happened to be Monsoon season on the islands, so I had Bailey go and rescue Darin and offer him shelter. It took a surprising short time to be able to “Ask to join household”. He was on a camp bed in her main room, but eventually one thing led to another...

I have also just introduced a third character. Another alien named Kailee, who was supposed to be Darin’s spouse in an arranged marriage. Which Darin ran away from. Darin and Kailee are childhood friends, but he doesn’t want his elders organising his love life for him. I put Kailee in game, cheated an appropriate relationship level. She turned up in a bar during an offical date! Now Bailey is mad at Darin (but will probably forgive him, eventually).

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited October 2020
    Its usually quite random who they "team" up with, could be a random townie or a premade I like. I just go with whoever my sims seem to have chemistry with. I'll have them talk to and hang out with several "canditates" and then choose one that my sim is attracted to the most.

One exception is the legacy I'm doing now, which is my very first. It started with a fresh CAS sim, and she had to marry whoever brought the Welcome Wagon fruitcake after she moved in (Big thanks to Sindocat for the idea!). It was messy, because the random generator chose Strangerville as her place to live. The visitors were of course all infected, and my sim couldn't really talk to any of them :D Currently on Gen3, working on Gen4 :)
  • Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Hi everyone!

Very interesting discussion! :)
    In my case I’m mostly a CAS player - love doing townie makeovers and giving them new stories, sometimes creating sagas across towns! The weirder the better, like pairing Nalani with Vlad :smiley: .

But for my own gameplay I use the story progression in MCCC - sometimes it does funny pairs, even between pets! I also use some romance mods (including non-T), and sometimes the random couples look so cute together that I would change a whole storyline for them to be together. Love the serendipity mods can add to the game! :)

PS: If you don’t have mods but have Eco Lifestyle, that also can happen with the free love policy enabled!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I like to let things happen organically. I haven't had a lot of couples get together in my game, so when they do, it's always exciting.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Do you create your potential love interest and have them move into their own home? If so, how do you get them to eventually meet?

---

These days, I'm usually playing saves with an ongoing critical mass of my own sims. If a historic pack comes out, that's going to be a different save.

I have a bunch of characters running around. I now generally let them find their significant others through meeting them naturally. I don't force characters to get together though there are a few times when I had a specific sim looking out for another sim "in the wild" to pounce on in the bowling alley or park or bar. They do have to meet each other out and about in some way.

At times, if I have a sim who just isn't finding anyone or who can't make a decision, I have them date a few prospects to usually make a choice. With, err, certain NAPs, cough cough, certain sims make fewer ... or is that more? ... choices. there are certain sims who have multiple ongoing love interests but most of them pick someone and make it work.

When I've made love interests for sims or edit townies into acceptability, I sometimes follow the unchosen wallflowers as they find their own lives. That has brought sims into my rotation.

At some point, I'm planning to possibly cull some of my households such as making them unplayable or possibly even permanently move away. I'll then be bringing new households that move in.

I've actually rarely made married couples to move into households in this version of the series. I've always had them pick someone in the game but that was usually someone I made or made over.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have a bunch of created sim couples, mostly to save time and prevent the need to compete for love interests vs MCCC matchmaking exactly a day later at 2AM game time. I'd be lucky to find any sim left behind and before the 3rd day as at that point it becomes a race between marriage to new random sims or being alone and pregnant. At that point i have no interest in that female sim. The only male sims left are the usual types that prefer to be on their own.

I'd like to have a far more interactive and more organic way to build friendships and relationships, i don't see it on TS4, but then again half the material needed to make it organic would never be included.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,505 Member
    When I create a story in my head, I will usually will create a single girl without any kids and the guy I want her to get with and they live together and I build up their relationship.

I was wondering how everybody else does it.

I'm interested in filling my world with some eligible, single sims and just letting things happen as they will, but I've never done that before so any suggestions would be great!

I create love interest and move them in a different home. I also move the two into an apartment next door to each other.
  • Options

This gives a great idea!!!

I'm going to pick one world, evict everyone there, and fill it with all singles and see what happens. The number of singles per house will depend on how many bedrooms there are in each. To make sure no one in any house gets together with someone else in that house, girls and boys will not be living together to start.

From there they are on their own.

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member

I'm going to pick one world, evict everyone there, and fill it with all singles and see what happens. The number of singles per house will depend on how many bedrooms there are in each. To make sure no one in any house gets together with someone else in that house, girls and boys will not be living together to start.

Perfect! That's exactly what I was thinking! I'm actually going to make all of my worlds just be singles, and equal amount of guys and girls and let the game just do it's thing.

I had D/L'd a custom save that this person had created 84 new sims (who were all varied but pretty much attractive), I placed a copy of all of the families into my library and about a month ago I D/L'd about 200 sims (singles to large families) so those are also in my library. So I will just randomly make "single" households and place them in all of the lots.

I'll keep aging off just so I can watch what's going on and see who's hooking up with who.
  • Options
    heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    I usually create two sims to fall in love with eachother. (Sometimes I use cheats for max relationships status :p )
    5zUb897.jpg

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,767 Member
    I've created couples and I've created single sims and had them go out and find partners. Nowadays I'm playing the younger generations of my existing families and my tendency is to match them up with the premade of my choice. It varies how much of a challenge I make it. Sometimes I make them join the same club as teens so they can be high school sweethearts. For my vet I went and created a pet for Liberty Lee to see how long it would take for her to bring it to the clinic so they could meet. She was the second or third customer. I'm setting up one sim to meet his future wife when she marries his sister first...
    Mostly as a player I crave variety to I try not to do the same thing every time.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,133 Member
    edited October 2020
    I usually create them as a couple from the start. But because of the game mechanics, there really is no challenge to relationships. I'll just pick any attractive lady that I want my Sim to date, and build the relationship from there. Sometimes it will just be some random NPC that my Sim sees out in the street or in a club. I even had one of my guys marry one of the female agents from Strangerville lol
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I don’t orchestrate relationships. Instead, I observe what’s happening between sims in the game and go from there.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,133 Member
    Your question has led me to create a challenge of my own. I'm going to take one of my guys and have him romance and get married to a stranger. But the catch is that it has to be some randomly-generated NPC that no one knows about--I don't want to have any knowledge of her traits or personality beforehand, I want her to be a complete mystery
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Perfect! That's exactly what I was thinking! I'm actually going to make all of my worlds just be singles, and equal amount of guys and girls and let the game just do it's thing.

I had D/L'd a custom save that this person had created 84 new sims (who were all varied but pretty much attractive), I placed a copy of all of the families into my library and about a month ago I D/L'd about 200 sims (singles to large families) so those are also in my library. So I will just randomly make "single" households and place them in all of the lots.

I'll keep aging off just so I can watch what's going on and see who's hooking up with who.

I did it in Sulani since I had my self Sim in there
    Post edited by catmando830 on
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I don't create any partners in CAS. I always have either a storyline in mind with a townie or premade or leave them on their own.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I always make a single female and have her get with an attractive sim that already exists in the game. I don’t create sims for them to hook up with. I enjoy the randomness of choosing somebody for my sims.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    For my current household I had to create the love interests manually for story reasons (Click the banner if you want details), otherwise I follow the attractiveness system (Mods) and traits. It works out.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,515 Member
    Sometimes I make couples who are already married but most often I start with a single sim and then find a partner for them in game. I never create partners specially for them to play them separately, that's what the married couples are for.