Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Vik wrote: »
    1) I don't want cars
    2) I don't want an open world, but I would like an open neighborhood so I will not have to go through a loading screen just to get to a next door house
    3). I want actual religions in my game. And I heard "it's too controversial" while you're talking about a game that has men abducted by aliens and forcefully impregnated. Additional there are a ton of religious items like pegan Day of the Dead Mexican celebrations, hijab and Kwanzaa celebrations. But I can't get a cross? Come on now.
    4) the skintone update is atrocious for the light skin tones, ESPECIALLY the cool tones they are horrendous and lacking. They focuses so much on the improvement of dark skin tones they forgot about other people being represented. Yet simmers aren't really talking about it, because that's not woke.

They have so gone overboard with the dark tones that all my white sims babies show as black. And I do mean ALL. Its annoying, white mom, white dad twin black babies pictures.

I've noticed this too, white as frick family, the baby comes out black...Just all of my whats. Adding onto the skin tone issues, the white/pale skin tones are terrible, even worse than they were before.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    1. I don't like some of the new skintones, as they look unrealistic. However, the other skin tones from the skin tone update look decent.
    2. Not sure if it's unpopular, but EA shouldn't release any more TS4 packs.
    3. Sims 4 doesn't need cars.

Since the skintone update, I've seen NPCs that look as red as hotdogs!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited January 2021
    I wish that next is better babies, generations like pack, cars, better personalities patch.. and then.. farming!!!
    So after that I can wish what I would like to have , like werewolves, without the endless whining. <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Vik wrote: »
    1) I don't want cars
    2) I don't want an open world, but I would like an open neighborhood so I will not have to go through a loading screen just to get to a next door house
    3). I want actual religions in my game. And I heard "it's too controversial" while you're talking about a game that has men abducted by aliens and forcefully impregnated. Additional there are a ton of religious items like pegan Day of the Dead Mexican celebrations, hijab and Kwanzaa celebrations. But I can't get a cross? Come on now.
    4) the skintone update is atrocious for the light skin tones, ESPECIALLY the cool tones they are horrendous and lacking. They focuses so much on the improvement of dark skin tones they forgot about other people being represented. Yet simmers aren't really talking about it, because that's not woke.

They have so gone overboard with the dark tones that all my white sims babies show as black. And I do mean ALL. Its annoying, white mom, white dad twin black babies pictures.

I've noticed this too, white as frick family, the baby comes out black...Just all of my whats. Adding onto the skin tone issues, the white/pale skin tones are terrible, even worse than they were before.

Sounds like that mother has some explaining to do to his husband...
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »
    you guys make fun of people who is never happy with the game or keeps comparing it. but is it really their fault? i don't think so.

Yes, actually. Although, I wouldn't use the word "fault". So, okay, here's a possibly unpopular opinion...

People who expect every pack in a Sims game to be an exact replica of a previous game are unrealistic, biased and just want a clone of their favorite previous iteration. (I myself wanted a return to Sims 2 for a while, so I qualify myself.) In truth, none of the main Sims games replicated the packs of the previous ones. None. Each iteration in the series offers a new spin on the content and themes and does not copy what does or doesn't belong. Some things are repeated, but not for the purpose of repeating it. No doubt as the franchise continues, things will be done differently yet again. But there is no checklist of what "belongs" in a pack of <enter theme here>. That's where the expectations of players are faulty.

not all games need to be the same, but if it's working why change it? the game doesn't need to be a copy, but if the game presents you a couple of features, what it should do is add them again AND improve upon them, not directly remove them. also, ea is the one making the same packs on every iteration like weather, when such features should be in the base game by now to leave room to new things. but what they're doing is getting previous iteration packs and separating them into many to get as much money as possible.
    it's funny that some people say we should accept what ea decides to do to the game, but then i go into the "sims 5 online rumor" threads and i see them saying "no plz don't change the game" LOL.

of course people will have high expectations for this game, it's the Sims after all, it doesn't deserve any less. the game is part of a FRANCHISE so it's to expect people will want their favorite features back.

yes, each sims iteration has presented something different for the game. sims 1 is of course the first one and it was revolutionary, completely creative and it's considered a classic, the base to guide every sequel on this franchise. sims 2 added lots of details, so many that even 15 years later people is still finding little wonders this game has to offer, and also focused on giving more personality to our sims, among other things. sims 3 focused on adding as much gameplay as its engine allowed, it added new concepts to the game like the open world, a color wheel, traits instead of personality points, etc. sims 4 has brought an improved cas & build mode, alongside many other small improvements.
    however what people says is ts4 downgraded on many other things. the game has countless packs that still feel shallow, sims are too dumb, the marketing is too misleading, the game's budget is too low, the animations are almost always reused, furniture is usually a recolor, the game still carries glitches from the first pack, etc. and this game is not free, so i see these complaints totally reasonable. yes, some people take it too far but it's not fair to focus on the obnoxious and confused players instead of those that offer a proper feedback on what they feel the game is still lacking.
  • Options
    dogedoge Posts: 6 New Member
    i hate the Landgraabs
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    There is nothing Melodic about female Melodic voice type, and it's the only voice type I banned in my game.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member

doge wrote: »
    i hate the Landgraabs

Hehe I like Geoffrey and Malcolm.. but I hate Nancy ...
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No pack is worth buying just for the BB/CAS items.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 2021
    doge wrote: »
    i hate the Landgraabs

I have love-hate relationship with Landgraabs

On one hand I really dislike them but on other hand that is what makes them so great and iconic to have in the game as the biggest rivals to my Gothy sims
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    I think a lot of people are nostalgic for the previous games, which leads them to want not well thought-out ideas. For example, a supernatural like pack with different occult that are not well fleshed out.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I have no problem when people necropost old threads. It's not like Nancy Landgraab has changed in the last 3 years.
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Quite a number of simmer hates CAS designed, one of the main reasons is Too Cartoony! Well, for me, CAS of Sims 2 and 3 are more Cartoony than Sims 4, even Sims 1. Yeah, more horrible fact, even Sim 1 predesigned CAS objects are Less Cartoony than Sims 2 and 3 custom made CAS.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member
    - I don't want free babies. If we get them anyway I'd be happy for those who wanted them (Goes for anything tbh)

- I don't care about cars.

- I don't care about open worlds.

- I really don't think Sims 4 is that bad.

- Star Wars wasn't that bad of a pack either
  • Options
    DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    I personally liked the fact that that my first pet stuff was "DLC for DLC". I hope that they release more "DLC for DLC" packs in the future, but it seems like everyone else is strongly against that.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

I just removed several posts because they were trolling/baiting/flaming - all of which is against the forum rules. Please keep these rules in mind when posting here and keep the conversation on-topic, civil, and don't target others in any way, shape, or form.

Thanks,
    Leeloo
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Eco Lifestyle is one of the best expansions for the Sims 4 :sunglasses:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not sure how "unpopular" this is, possibly controversial but the Sims teams new thing on Twitter/Instagram of posting black players as a diversity campaign feels so awkward and forced. It feels like they're trying too hard to prove that they care about diversity
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Rabbit hole from previous game is good for realism plus the added ambience effect you can tell what is supposed to happen inside this 'rabbithole', having a rabbithole building in discover university is a step in the right direction, instead of your sims just warping out of existence in front of porch when going to school or work
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not sure how "unpopular" this is, possibly controversial but the Sims teams new thing on Twitter/Instagram of posting black players as a diversity campaign feels so awkward and forced. It feels like they're trying too hard to prove that they care about diversity

It's Black History Month in America so I think they are doing that in honour of Black History Month but don't know how to do it without being too obvious about trying to have inclusiveness in the game. However. have yet to do anything in honour of Native American culture and other cultures that aren't Eurocentric. I guess that in all their desire to inclusive they forgot that there are other minorities other just African American,
    Latino/a Hispanic and maybe Asian and Polynesian that exist. They can honour a culture, ethnicity or race without screaming "We aren't racist". You do that through your actions by making everybody inclusive if that is what they choose to want in their game. I want Native Americans honoured in the game. I honestly believe that is an unpopular opinion.

I didn't like the skin tones either. Some of them need improvement. Some of them look unnatural which is fine if I'm creating an occult sim that I want to obviously not look too human. I noticed the oddly coloured babies too. It seems a bit off and like I should be watching Maury say Akira Kibo you are NOT the father and my sims watching Maury announce it to all of Simdom. That sure was embarrassing wasn't it? But for the rest of Sim kind, it was quite entertaining.

I don't know if this is unpopular but I want our elders to be able to do more. They seem to be left out. Not everybody is a teen or young adult. I think adult sims should be able to start saving for retirement.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I also think elders should get more. Even in Sims 3 Generations they didn’t get much, apart from the two walking sticks and being able to brag about their grandkids. It’d be nice if they could do something like have their grandkids over to stay the night/for the day, as an event with goals. It wouldn’t be too difficult, maybe you’d have to deal with a crying toddler or a naughty child, but aside from that the kids would be fairly well behaved.

I’ve heard of the baby skin glitch. From what other people have posted, it’s only the baby portraits that appear black, and they’re not actually that colour in-game, and it changes when they become toddlers. I’m not sure myself as I haven’t had babies in my game since the patch, although one of my Sims is pregnant.

I’m also not a huge fan of alpha CC. Clothing is less problematic than skins though. Some CC skins are just odd, like the ones where Sims have bright red noses that just makes them look like they have really bad cold or allergies.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    The sims 4 is one of the best sims games.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top