Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grocery Stores

Can we please have grocery stores, or at least some way of getting ingredients that doesn't involve having to find or grow, or catch them.

Comments

• Options
    harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    well city living has a vegetable stand where you can get ingredients. still i would like a fully functioning grocery store aswell.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Yasss I'd love to go shopping at Target with my sims.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would like this even more if it was impossible for my sim to cook food if they didn't have the ingredients. Then a grocery store would be very useful.
  • Options
    SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    That be awesome!
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    As much as some people found it a useless step, I loved having to go to the grocery store to get ingredients!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I would like a grocery store too, I would like to be able to put a pharmacy in it aswell
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited September 2017
    I would love to be able to make functional grocery stores and pharmacies. I have grocery stores and pharmacies in my game already, but they are mainly just decorative. I do have a CC vegetable display that sells actual vegetables, and medicine is now sellable, which helps a bit, but it would be great to be able to create a proper store, with a range of merchandise; especially if it sold goods that were not merely available in BB.

I so miss the fun of sending my sims out to shop for things that were not otherwise available in the game, like we did in Sims 1. I have such fond memories of my sims browsing and buying goods from those enticing displays of clothes, baking ingredients and toys.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I've said this before, but I think high-level recipes should require fresh ingredients, instead of them being optional.

Suddenly buying (or growing/catching) your own veggies/fish is a lot more relevant, and it'd be less of a chore than say, TS2, where you had to fill up your fridge completely every few days before your Sims could eat,

The veggie stands in City Living (and I assume Cats & Dogs), not to mention the functional grocery store mods, provide some amazing touches of realism, but there's no real benefit to using fresh ingredients right now.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I miss the grocery store in The Sims 2

greenw10.jpg

Also you could order groceries over the phone or on the computer on TS2. Though I'd like a functional grocery store and not having to pay money to cook the meals if my sims already have the ingredients.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2017
    Maybe we get a Grocery Store Game Pack with grocery store as a business? :)

That way you can own and manage a grocery store and on the other side go shopping in a grocery store! :)

There could also be coupons your Sims could use in order to get some ingredients for free or with % off.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    It would be awesome if our sims could sell ingredients they garden or farm (if there's a farming gp) and it could be a way for them to earn money and also if our sims could own a store and sell stuff they garden.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Everything seems to be sold out of booths in sims 4 so far, it would nice to have sim go to an store for a change. Other than selling fish that you caught, garden stuff that you grow, what do you wish to sell there? They at talking about laundry pack might be coming, I think laundry soap, dryer sheets or some other fabric softener. Steaks, egg, milk. What would you like for your sim at the store to buy ?
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I wasn't even aware S2 HAD grocery stores, ordering by the phone yeah, but never an actual store
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    I wasn't even aware S2 HAD grocery stores, ordering by the phone yeah, but never an actual store

Yeah they had them pretty much in every town except for the vacation destinations.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2017
    Neechan1 wrote: »

Base game. That and the video arcade and a community pool, are the only three 'Premade' community lots TS2 Sims can visit in the base game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I like the way stores worked in TS2. But they could bring back the market lot like in Sims 3 where you sell/buy produce, books, general goods, fish. It can work much like the flea market festival.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    @BMSO @Cinebar shows what I knew, I was only aware of everything else except that XD
  • Options
    I like the store with coin operated horse in front to keep the kids busy, shopping baskets, maybe shopping carts, fruit bens vegetable ben, and other shelf may one pet food and treats collars, check out lanes, and for clothing stores have clothing racks and changing booths, to try on the cloths like the interaction like in sims 2/3.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2017
    I miss the grocery store in The Sims 2

greenw10.jpg

That's some great custom content. Especially the big sign. :)

P.S. can I download it for my TS2?
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    That's a great idea!!!
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I miss that and wasn't there one of the Sims you could order via the fridge.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    ResSteelResSteel Posts: 63 Member
    Omg, I would love that feature! Taking your sims to the store, pushing your toddler in a cart. Aw! I can just imagine it!
  • Options
    I think it would be nice if the could add few new vending machines, snack for sims, snacks for pets news papers, and so on, to be included with the stores.