Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2022
    I started a new Extreme Vampire Legacy Challenge save, and the founder died by sun immediately. 🙆🏻‍♀️
    (Was partially my fault, I was distracted trying to recall the Legacy rules and wasn't paying attention to what the founder was doing...which was standing in the sun with no cover in sight.)
  • Options
    Mikayla_Rose_GrahamMikayla_Rose_Graham Posts: 18 Member
    I just download high school years expansion pack yesterday The triplets: Roxanne Trinity and Levi they’re all werewolves they were hating each other lately lots of discipline they make bad jokes so that’s why they hate each other so much because the bad jokes they made everyone went to bed two of them had fear of dark and one of them have fears of unfulfilled they’ve only teenagers so two of them have fears of dark and unfulfilled so that’s what happened.
    Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well, I so had to update my Darknight that's sortof based on Batman & Batgirl, home a bit with some of the new cool HS objects & gave my Barbara Darknight & her daughter Robin Darknight the pretty new long hairstyle from HS CAS. :p
    Furthermore, I updated my Alice in Wonderland to add on another twist to her household along with her Wonderland home. :p
    I also updated my Over The Rainbow home of my Oz household with a bit of new objects, especially the flying beast statue. So had to do that. :D
    I resaved them in the Gallery under SEREFRAS to share with my fellow simmers.
    I'm now working on updated some of my Futuristic household homes with the cool HS objects & will evenually save them in the Gallery. Busy, busy busy. ;)
  • Options
    DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    @Princesss I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Princesss wrote: »
    Bonjour friends. It looks like I've got a lot of reading to do this thread goes so fast! Unfortunately I don't have an update I haven't been on Sims 4 because I accidently fell and broke my arm and cracked a rib ouch! I blame Sims because I was running to get back to my game and fell on the stairs lmao 🤣🤣 when I was talking to the paramedics I pretended I just lost my footing and wasn't rushing to play my fav game. 😂

So when I'm back home I will get back to playing my save with Holly. 🤗 I just need some extra scans and tests before they let me go. ☹️ But hoping to be back home soon.

Happy simming! 🙃

I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of that. Heal soon and we'll leave the light on for you when you return. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I’m going to check on my game tomorrow, but I had a great trip.

Just got back from my cousin’s wedding in the mountains, and I got to see some wonderful places, including a bit of spelunking before my flight home.

If I wasn’t on the forums; I was with family. It was a very busy weekend!

Welcome Back. So glad you had a good time. Family time is important. :) BTW, I downloaded your Zalarian family, including the adopted son. I hope to have some pictures to share later today.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    I started a new Extreme Vampire Legacy Challenge save, and the founder died by sun immediately. 🙆🏻‍♀️
    (Was partially my fault, I was distracted trying to recall the Legacy rules and wasn't paying attention to what the founder was doing...which was standing in the sun with no cover in sight.)

Oh, dear … I hope he had an Heir to help carry on the Legacy, at least!
  • Options
    Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2022

Oh, dear … I hope he had an Heir to help carry on the Legacy, at least!

Nope, I had literally only just started the save. 🤦🏻‍♀️
    I got distracted as I was trying to look up the challenge rules and hadn't noticed the game had loaded in. You would have thought a Vampire would be safe from the sun in Forgotten Hollow in the wintertime...Oops! 😅

Alls good now, restarted the save and after a couple false starts I am good to go. And moved into the correct lot size. Had to moveout the Watson Family and bulldoze their house, but all is as it should be now. 😎

Edit to add: I forgot that my sim had been around long enough for the welcome wagon to arrive, the welcome wagon was a grand total of one sim, Caleb Vatore, who unfortunately was the witness of my sims unfortunate demise.
  • Options
    MoorsVampMoorsVamp Posts: 5 New Member
    I currently have 3 sims in a household a spellcaster werewolf and vampire and plan to create absolute chaos in willow creek
    Twice already my spellcaster Reece started a fire just by trying to be a good neighbor and using repairo on someone's broken plumbing and fridge
    My werewolf Kash is scaring the absolute daylight out of everyone and making some bank from it
    And my vampire Roman spends most of their day life in their coffin so they don't have to deal with dumb and dumber here if they do make the mistake of going downstairs they are greeted with Kash's evil laughter and Reece crying cause they are a goody two shoes and Kash is a meanie weenie
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    Kat Jenkins is now a teaching assistant. Typically she’s always about an hour late for work most mornings since I want to make sure she has a decent breakfast. As mentioned previously her life revolves around work, grading schoolwork and going to the pub on a Friday night.
    I’ve sent her to Britechester library a couple of times to increase her debate skills which was a nice change of scenery. However I’ve been making a lot of changes to Henford and I felt I had to somehow head canon a story reason for it.

So earlier Kat went into the village and got chatting with Agatha Crumplebottom.

CahTIA0.png

“Hello dear”, said Agatha.

“Hi Agatha. I hate to say it but I don’t think your sister likes me”.

“Oh that’s just her way, she shouts a lot and might call you a stupid child, but her hearts in the right place. At least as long as you don’t do any of that hanky-panky malarkey in front of her.”

“Well that’s the weird thing. She tells me I’m some know nothing city dweller who doesn’t belong in the countryside, gets really mad and then she gave me some jam.”

“Oh that’s Agnes alright.” Laughed Agatha.

“The other day she beat this old farmer over the head with her handbag. I tried to calm her down, so she goes nuts on me and then gives me a steamy hot plate of bangers and mash. Was delicious too!”

Agatha was almost hysterical now. “Yes that’s totally her way, woohoo is a crime and flirting is punished with a violent beating. Personally I don’t think she even believes her own nonsense, it’s just an excuse for her to vent and be unpleasant to people.”

“I guess.” Kat mused.

“So how are you enjoying our little village my dear?”

“To be honest I’ve been rather bored”.

“Found yourself watching the spin cycle yet?”

“Hey I’m not that starved for entertainment. Actually sorry… that’s a lie, yes I’m afraid so.”
    BFVBsH3.png

“Have you visited Henford Church yet?” Agatha enquired.

“I’m not religious… but where is the church?”

Agatha gestured with her fingers, “turn around and look over there”.

“Oh wow, how long has that been there?”

“About fifty years after the Sim-Norman conquest” Remarked Agatha. “I’m quite puzzled how you even missed it”.

“I think I’m losing my mind”.

“Well we have had some gloomy weather lately perhaps it was lost in the fog, are you sure you’re feeling alright dear?”

“Work has been stressful, I’m grading schoolwork every night when I get home and I have no time to myself. I then have to cook, clean, do laundry, fix stuff that breaks down.”

“Welcome to normal life Kat.” Laughed Agatha. “Anyway regarding the church there’s an organ to play, also a large library and there’s the view from the tower. I think there’s even some planters if you’ve got a green thumb.”

“Won’t the Reverend mind?”

“Hardly. Reverend Tucker has long since departed to Sulani for some sort of sabbatical. I doubt he’ll return”.

“I see, but if he’s been away for a few weeks won’t he be mad if he gets back and catches people lounging around his church?”

“Well it’s been fifteen years Kat, so not very likely”. Agatha launched another volley of hysterical laughter. “Anyway why don’t you go and check it out.”

So Kat went up to the church, decided to do a bit of playing on the organ, nobody was around to mind the shocking sound. Then she went up several ladders to the top of the tower.

“This is great” thought Kat, “I can even see the pub from here”.
    JNoNiG9.png

But somehow the pub had changed, like it had magically altered overnight. Feeling a bit sick Kat climbed back down the ladders. Quickly she cycled back to Agatha.
    tgYfJK9.png

“Oh my you do look rather queasy my dear, what’s wrong?”

“Someone’s playing tricks on me. That pub is totally different, I distinctly remember it having gnomes. I know that because I hate gnomes. It was called the Gnome Arms or something and it was a different colour”.

“Rubbish,” remarked Agatha. “It’s the Speckled Hen, it’s always been the Speckled Hen and always will be the Speckled Hen.”

18Vtfvx.png

To be continued.

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I’m going to check on my game tomorrow, but I had a great trip.

Just got back from my cousin’s wedding in the mountains, and I got to see some wonderful places, including a bit of spelunking before my flight home.

If I wasn’t on the forums; I was with family. It was a very busy weekend!

Welcome Back. So glad you had a good time. Family time is important. :) BTW, I downloaded your Zalarian family, including the adopted son. I hope to have some pictures to share later today.

@GalacticGal It’s good to be back, and I hope my twins behave themselves.

———————

I just started sharing most of my Sulani Lots, and I made an interesting discovery! My save isn’t as broken as I thought. I don’t know what changed, but after turning on my PS4 again and loading the game, I was able to access my save without any major lag!

So far, I’ve even been able to save the game like normal too! My game couldn’t have updated because my game system was turned off!

On a side note, I discovered that Alexander Goth was saved as a merman… not entirely sure how that happened, but I suspect that he’s been a merman for quite a while. Maybe I forgot to turn him back into a human when I did the poll. I’m not entirely sure.

Anyways, I decided to go with it.

In my head, Alex drank an experimental potion Ember made and that permanently transformed him into a Reef Merman. Not half transformed, he’s 100% a merman now.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Someone has already downloaded the merman version of Alexander Goth and Fire Elemental/ Spellcaster Ember Zalrian! :D You guys move fast.
  • Options
    It’s confirmed. My main save is in perfect condition. The only thing that I’ve done differently is loaded a different household before returning to the household for my current rotation. I won’t be creating a new save because I don’t need to!

I suspect that closing the game completely and resetting my system also helped somehow.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    @Jade47 I'm dying to see where this is going.

I'm doing something similar, but on a much, much smaller scale. I wanted to redecorate one of my couples homes so I'm doing it room by room, bit by bit and working it into the story. It's a fun way to change things up. I love you're creative way of doing it even more. Mine is basically when her friends visit she shows off what they've done or her friend makes the usual 'love what you've done with the place' comment.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    edited August 2022
    Early the next morning a stranger with an orange cap arrives outside my sim self and his wife Liberty's house:
    cR2xriq.png

We see a series of flashbacks starting with a flashback starting with my sim self and Liberty's wedding in 1979:
    fCRfsSt.png
    New Years Eve in 1979 when my sim self and Liberty lived in San My Shuno:
    SuaQOw6.png
    A family gathering from our first ever night in our current home in Newcrest in 1980:
    puwYOMp.png

Later on inside my sim self's home, the orange capped stranger is looking at the family photo's on the mantle piece:
    Cv2wzsD.png
    (Left to right) Black frame: my sim self's eldest kids Sienna and her twin brother Tommy. (Yellow frame) Carlin and his twin sister Beatrix (Beige frame) My sim self and his father (Blue Frame) Sienna and her husband Dan Bheeda.

Liberty's mother is finally awake and greets the orange capped stranger.
    XmP29EW.png
    They sit down and talk about the situation regarding Liberty's marriage but the stranger is having none of it:
    TBuKcBx.png
    My sim self arrives and greets the orange capped stranger and the stranger asks what happened to the stairs going up to the house:
    We flashback to the original house from 1980:
    X18reqw.png
    My sim self responds: We elevated the ground after Beatrix fell down them six years ago and twisted her ankle.
    NIpTfyY.png
    They begin to chat about my sim self's marriage to Liberty.
    STRANGER: Liberty's mother tells me you're having a few issues
    MY SIM SELF: The other night she told me she is not interested in WooHoo with men!
    STRANGER: What??!! That's ridiculous! You're telling me after nine years of marriage she is not interested in men any more?! Where is Liberty now? I'll soon set this straight.
    Liberty's mum shakes her head in disbelief and the three of them discuss this until my sim self goes to work.

Liberty arrives home from work:
    Htop7Gb.png
    JACKIE: Hi darling
    LIBERTY: Hi Mum, wh, dad?! What are you doing here?
    HARRY: I could ask you the same question! Sit down!
    HARRY: Just what do you think you are playing at? Telling your husband you're not in to men any more? I didn't build this house for you and your husband so you could stray away from it!
    Liberty's mother shakes her head in more disbelief.
    JACKIE: Harry!
    LIBERTY: Well if you let me explain,
    HARRY: Please explain!
    LIBERTY: Lately i've been feeling different and i've discovering myself, what i want, who i want.
    HARRY: So after nine years of marriage you've just decided to change your life?
    LIBERTY: People change dad.
    HARRY: Well haven't changed!!
    LIBERTY (Hysterically): You were dead yesterday!
    HARRY: Well, yes, i got myself in to a bit of strife last time i was around but, (Now shouting) Hey, now wait a minute, lets not make this about me, this is about you and your marriage.
    LIBERTY: I think you own me some kind of explanation.
    HARRY: We'll get to me later. Now, what are you going to do about this situation of yours?

• Options
    edited August 2022
    My game settings are as follows:
    Autonomy: Full

Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim: Box unchecked

Auto-Age (Played Sims): No

Auto-Age (Unplayed Sims): Box Checked

Sim Lifespan: Normal

Sim Count: 95/150

Maximum Sim Count: 150 Max Recommended

Traditional Social Menu: Box Checked

Show Wants and Fears: Box Checked

Build Mode Items Grant Gameplay Effects: Box Checked

Lifestyles: Box Checked

Lunar Cycle: 24 Days

Set Permanent Phase: Disabled

Disable Lunar Effects: Box Unchecked

Rain Options: Rain and Thunderstorms

Snow Options: Snow and Blizzards

Enable Temperature Effect on Sims: Box Checked

Season Length: 28 Days

I have it set to check for Sim Deliveries Every Hour and to Automatically Uodate

Sims Begin Opted out of Fame

NPC voting is turned off for NAPs.

Enable Eco Footprint Gameplay turned on.

With these settings and absolutely no mods or CC the game is working perfectly.

I have every pack except Werewolves, High School Years, and Most Kits. I don’t have any gameplay Kits. I have clothing and decor kits only.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Metior_Ice I wasn't sure just where to post the pictures I got. So, here is the link to the Spammers thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995196/the-screenshot-spammers-thread#latest

Unfortunately Zeph wasn't around. I had to go back to the lot I placed them on, but it said he was at the location of Erik's Meet & Greet In Tartosa. I finally found Dylan (and I'm sorry, he's wearing a tux, I have no idea why). But I couldn't locate his twin. So, I did the best with what I had to work with. They became instant friends upon meeting. I was worried that the interaction to give an autograph might not be there, but I finally found it. Phew! This was my second go at this. It's very hard to orchestrate two different households.

Ultimately, I had to have Erik ask Dylan if they could just be friends. :open_mouth: Erik is not experimenting! Besides, he and Kayleigh are already a thing. This was fun, though. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Metior_Ice I wasn't sure just where to post the pictures I got. So, here is the link to the Spammers thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995196/the-screenshot-spammers-thread#latest

Unfortunately Zeph wasn't around. I had to go back to the lot I placed them on, but it said he was at the location of Erik's Meet & Greet In Tartosa. I finally found Dylan (and I'm sorry, he's wearing a tux, I have no idea why). But I couldn't locate his twin. So, I did the best with what I had to work with. They became instant friends upon meeting. I was worried that the interaction to give an autograph might not be there, but I finally found it. Phew! This was my second go at this. It's very hard to orchestrate two different households.

Ultimately, I had to have Erik ask Dylan if they could just be friends. :open_mouth: Erik is not experimenting! Besides, he and Kayleigh are already a thing. This was fun, though. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Well, Zeph has to be somewhere right? :D

That’s an awesome update, and I can absolutely work with that!

Dylan can act as an Entertainer at a venue that uses one. He’s got the skills for it. Maybe he showed up as an NPC!

Zeph doesn’t normally show up as an NPC, except at Mua Pel’Am as a Conservationist.

The game is terrible about keeping the twins separate. They can show up at the same Lot, but the game likes to send one or both of them home. They do look identical, so I guess the game just tries to help the player tell them apart.

Dylan is Bisexual, so I guess that was always a possibility.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Dylan and Zeph both have the alluring trait. Romance interactions are more likely, but given that Dylan was married… I’m kinda upset with him for his behavior. Lol. At least Erik was able to handle the situation.
  • Options
    Oh, Dylan and Zeph also have the incredibly friendly trait, so they should be easy to befriend!

Aside from Dylan getting flirty, I’m happy things went well.

You can see why I was worried about inappropriate romances between the Zalrian and Kailani families though. My merfolk often have the alluring trait and that can increase the chances that they perform romance interactions. I don’t want cousins to flirt with each other.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @GalacticGal Dylan and Zeph both have the alluring trait. Romance interactions are more likely, but given that Dylan was married… I’m kinda upset with him for his behavior. Lol. At least Erik was able to handle the situation.

Aw, don't be too hard on him, he was just entirely too thrilled to meet his idol. They just hit it off immediately.

You should know that Dylan had the Notable Newcomer over his head, too. I think it's entirely possible that Zeph went home. But once the Event starts, there is no traveling allowed. My favorite picture is the very last one. Dylan was so very cute, he was so excited. As for Erik, Kayleigh was at the event, near at hand. Erik isn't inclined to step out on his woman, he knows the price he would pay. And he did ultimately ask Dylan if he was a mermaid (since that's the only question of that nature we can ask.) Dylan gently corrected him, saying Merman. LOL Erik asked him to hangout and the two chatted intermittently during the Meet & Greet. In the end Erik got a Gold Medal for the Event.

I am so very glad to read your save is okay! Halleluiah!

I placed the entire Zalarian family group, which included the adopted son, on the beach lot in Tartosa. Happily, I found a house underwater to place them in. Said lot is close to the Lounge where Erik's Meet & Greet was scheduled to take place. I had thought they might just wander over, but when I went to have them travel there together, as I did my first attempt, it stated those two were already at the lounge. It took me awhile to find Dylan. I never did find Zeph. I'm sure he's back home. No worries.

Are you able to right click on the photos you want?
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    "Hey sis, I'm going out on a rampage for the full moon!"

"Just be sure to get your homework done."

IhFAB96.png
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Just to avoid spamming this thread, can you tell I’m excited, Dylan and Zeph have worn outfits I didn’t make for them. It’s not impossible that Dylan simply decided to wear the Tux, but it’s typically Zeph that has any fashion sense. Anyways, don’t apologize for Dylan wearing a different outfit. I’m actually happy that he had the sense to blend in with humans.

And short of actually playing the household or creating a club, it’s exceptionally hard to get my twins on the same lot together!

Like I said, the game has a bad habit of trying to keep my twins separate on active lots. They will try to show up together, but the game will almost always try to send one home…

I think it’s a quirk with twins in general, and Dylan and Zeph are the most identical looking twins in my game.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Aw, don't be too hard on him, he was just entirely too thrilled to meet his idol. They just hit it off immediately.

You should know that Dylan had the Notable Newcomer over his head, too. I think it's entirely possible that Zeph went home. But once the Event starts, there is no traveling allowed. My favorite picture is the very last one. Dylan was so very cute, he was so excited. As for Erik, Kayleigh was at the event, near at hand. Erik isn't inclined to step out on his woman, he knows the price he would pay. And he did ultimately ask Dylan if he was a mermaid (since that's the only question of that nature we can ask.) Dylan gently corrected him, saying Merman. LOL Erik asked him to hangout and the two chatted intermittently during the Meet & Greet. In the end Erik got a Gold Medal for the Event.

I am so very glad to read your save is okay! Halleluiah!

I placed the entire Zalerian family group, which included the adopted son, on the beach lot in Tartosa. Happily, I found a house underwater to place them in. Said lot is close to the Lounge where Erik's Meet & Greet was scheduled to take place. I had thought they might just wander over, but when I went to have them travel there together, as I did my first attempt, it stated those two were already at the lounge. It took me awhile to find Dylan. I never did find Zeph. I'm sure he's back home. No worries.

@GalacticGal Dylan is the twin that builds fame quickly, and yes, I uploaded him to the gallery with some fame. He’s a notable newcomer in my game too, and both twins have unstoppable fame.

If you leave them alone in your save, Dylan and Zeph could easily become global superstars.

The gallery doesn’t save existing relationships, so I don’t think the Dylan you uploaded has the same relationship with his wife as he does in my save. I’ll try to go easy on him for stepping out of bounds.
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    @Jade47 I'm dying to see where this is going.

I'm doing something similar, but on a much, much smaller scale. I wanted to redecorate one of my couples homes so I'm doing it room by room, bit by bit and working it into the story. It's a fun way to change things up. I love you're creative way of doing it even more. Mine is basically when her friends visit she shows off what they've done or her friend makes the usual 'love what you've done with the place' comment.

Thanks for the encouragement. Honestly your way of doing it makes a lot of sense to me because its too easy for me to get sidetracked building things rather than playing. The building is to help support the gameplay and my immersion, not to replace it. The other problem is I never feel 100% comfortable making drastic changes to worlds if what I end up building doesn't really fit in. Finchwick village is limited for lots as it is and I've already made further adjustments to the pub to allow for another community lot which I'm faking with the club system. I promise the story explanation will have some very bizzarre thought behind it. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top