Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    All I've done today is make some new sims. I blame @DaniRose2143 for this and our Hot Fuzz comments. So we have Simon Skinner, Tina Lowe (Skinner's secretary, surname is same as the actress since she doesn't have one in the movie) and Michael Armstrong who is Skinner's grocery boy and thug. They're about as close as I can make them and they all have the evil or mean trait. The question is do I really want to make a Somerfield supermarket in Henford on Bagley?

PRYZ9eg.jpg

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2022
    So I don't get you Sergio you hate kids but you are excited about being a father. I didn't choose your traits be more consistent with your personality. :D
    4An8Id.png
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @Jade47, some things must be done... for the greater good.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,659 Member
    @Jade47 I am known to be a bad influence.😁
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,659 Member
    @luciusstorm For the greater good.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Things have certainly changed in Liberty's former home since she moved out in 1980! Summer Holiday, Mahajan - Ratliff is now on her second husband Berjes Ratliff and has two kids with him Katelyn who Summer is holding and Desiree who is standing in front of summer, Berjes is holding Dallas Mahajan, a child from Summer's previous marriage:
    9zCtzRP.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    @pepperjax1230 Clearly, it's not his own kids he hates, just everybody elses's. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I just upgraded my Mystic sim & her home. She now has the pretty new afro hairstyle & some HS clothing pieces. Plus, now her home looks way more mystic thanks to the HS new bed, curtains & rug. :p<3
    I resaved her & her home in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS if any simmer wants to check them out. ;)
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited August 2022
    A sims delivery dropped some new outfits, so I went into CAS to update Dylan and Zeph’s household.

I decided to bring back the mermadic attire for Dylan and Zeph’s household. The first outfit is the mermadic attire, and the second outfit is the human attire.

Naturally, mermen and merboys are shirtless in their mermadic attire because they are shirtless in their merman form.

I also made all of my merfolk in that household barefoot, and the mermadic attire is limited to skirts only for bottoms.

They wear shoes in their human attire.

My idea is that their mermadic attire reflects how merfolk appear in their natural form. And, I wanted to make sure the outfits served a functional purpose and could survive their legs transforming into a tail.

Outside of lore, the minimalism with mermadic attire also makes it easier to create new outfits and update their appearance in the future. It should also be easier to update if anyone is missing a pack used in the human attire. I fully expect the mermadic attire to either be updated or potentially deleted after someone uploads one of my merfolk households.

But, the mermadic attire is also a way for Dylan and Zeph to represent their mermadic heritage and express their mermadic identity. Hence the outfit reflecting how my merfolk dress in their mermadic form.

I’m thinking, that I’ll develop both their human and mermadic attires as new content becomes available while staying true to the functional purpose of the different outfits in my merfolk’s human disguise.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @pepperjax1230 Clearly, it's not his own kids he hates, just everybody elses's. :open_mouth:

Haha why does he get tense then when he tries for a baby? I think he hates all kids he is just being nice. I actually like making him a parent he is to sweet to his kids.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited August 2022
    Some comparison pics in re-creating Liberty's father.

The original i made for 1980:
    o4pMGHJ.png
    The re-creation i made for 1988:
    Twbk2KL.png
    I’m finally going to get the last of Calum’s children aged up!

I’m thinking of letting my merfolk freely choose between their mermadic attire and their human attire. However, I’ll probably micromanage their outfits depending on the situation and where they are.

In Sulani, I don’t see their outfit mattering much.

Once Jade and Juniper age up and I finish this rotation, I’ll update them in the gallery.

I created new outfits for Kemps and Calum. They should have more developed attire. When I went through CAS I noticed that those two founding mermen needed a CAS update.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Hello!

Its been a long time.. literally...
    lots of new faces here,great! always cool to get more simmers to share their game.
    Nice to see some from old days too <3

This here is Milla, she is my first sim ever in this game. She has been in this thread before, with different hair and clothing, few hundred pages and few years ago :)
    T5obNwO.png
    Once I tried to make her as super sim, lost my interest to that and just played, but then i only had Base, Get together and Dine out. Now I have all but 3 i never buy ( i do have Batuu, needed to say at this point), so obviously lots of new skills to do. also all uni degrees and all jobs to top.

So, project super sim again.
    now she lives in willow creek.. she moves to next world after every uni degree
    ZHwrurO.png
    00H4b7Y.png
    dFgHTzs.png
    Like in this maxis starter, I may do tiny renovation in the building while She lives there, if not already done one :)
    ECgaQHS.png
    fQUrIwn.png
    Knox paid a visit.. to tend the garden, and talk about ECO life again... they met before at gym, but did not get along.

tBdlvYg.png
    NrTe0Hn.png
    She was not so impressed, on top, he called right after should he date Angela Pleasant! ugh,, like Milla care, she hardly knew both.

5CARRgE.png
    later, Milla decided to visit a town she had heard just today at first time.
    JrmwdvJ.png
    VT94QKK.png
    ahh those interesting phones! ( i will use mod, now without in purpose)

3vNGlSt.png
    zG1l9tU.png

wA4cyk5.png
    Yes, one ice cream, MrLothario.
    1gMMJKI.png

5wII2ax.png
    E5yLsJl.png
    To night swim.

13p0qOJ.png

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Haha why does he get tense then when he tries for a baby? I think he hates all kids he is just being nice. I actually like making him a parent he is to sweet to his kids.

I would answer that, but I can't find a way to make it for General Audiences. LOL Men have a biological need to woohoo. I don't think he's merely being 'nice'. Let's just say, perhaps it has more to do with 'performance' issues and leave it at that. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php

In today's installment of Wyrd Girls...

Interlude - A Little Victory

"Oh, Hi Morgan," Cassie said into her phone. "How are... what? When? Oh my God! When can we come over?"
    XEaHbK5.png

Downloaded Maxis year book teens, naturally deleted their older versions, as background sims in my save.

And got inspired of doing a bit similar to some sims from Windenburg.
    kDhYnIv.png
    Björn, Mila, Dominic, Moira, Jaques and Clara, as teens.

I Know ages not match, but i dont care, they dont match with maxis set either :p

@Ellupelluellu, oh I love it. That's fantastic.
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2022
    Since my game is a bit buggy it keeps messing with my Henford story, so rather than risk messing things up I decided to play my sim self for a bit. Usually it never lasts long because I get depressed when my sim has a far more interesting and successful life than me, still as alternate realities go it can be fun for a bit. I made the mistake of moving into that ghastly apartment in San Myshuno, the one with the nasty smells and the chalk outline of the victim. I got the place looking really nice but the fact I couldn't get rid of the shower drainage or the outline started to trigger my OCD.

So I recreated a house I made ages ago in Sims 3 following a tutorial by KenziSims and moved into that, also made a few changes to it. Back in the days when I struggled to build anything that tutorial was a lifesaver. So Sim Me is currently living in Willow Creek and is married to Penny Pizaaz, the only good thing about being in that apartment was her living next door.

OlG2lsj.png

I also made one of my favourite dresses following a Sims Studio guide. Just the texture, but the mesh I used is pretty close in terms of cut to my own.
    mhb6yQs.jpg
    thank you , @luciusstorm :)

I was tempted to do more, but I use mods to prevent townies to spawn, so I need ya's and adults to fill certain jobs too , like vendors, and baristas :p

edited August 2022
    Loving everyone’s updates!

I was low key hoping it would spark some writing inspiration, but I’m in a creative funk still.

My biggest challenge is figuring out how I’m going to throw my younger elemental twins a birthday party.

You see, similar to how Dylan is Creative and Zeph is a Genius…

I made Jade and Juniper opposites, but I think I made them bigger opposites than I thought.

Dylan and Zeph have traits and skills that make them opposites, but at the same time, their strengths make up for each other’s weaknesses.

With Jade and Juniper, they are opposites in a very different way. Jade is a Child of the Moon and thrives during the night. Juniper is a Child of the Sun and thrives during the Day.

Jade will literally die in the sun. Juniper needs to sleep at night.

Jade is a Night Owl. Juniper is a Morning Merman.

I’m trying to think of the best time to throw them a birthday party… And, the more I think about it, the more I think I need to throw their birthday party at sunset.

If I do the party during the day, Jade won’t survive the sunlight. If I throw it at night, Juniper will be too tired.

Since they are twins, they need to age up at the same time… It’s driving me crazy trying to figure out how I’m going to time their birthday party. But even at sunset, Jade still struggles with sunlight.

Edit: I haven’t gone into my game because I only have 2 sim days to plan and throw the party… There’s not enough time for a do over if I make any mistakes.
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Ramirez (The Sims 2): I put this family in the house with all the spirits and it's an interesting experience.

I'll start with introducing their pet fennec fox, Felix.
    08-08-22-10-08-02-PM.png

Island spirits can give you nice boosts like no need for sleep for a number of hours.
    08-11-22-4-48-20-PM.png

I decided to name their new son, Cesar after the famous civil rights activist Cesar Chavez.
    08-11-22-11-59-07-AM.png

And finally, here is Al Bundy (Married with Children) rushing in to save the family from a fire.
    08-12-22-6-07-53-PM.png
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    my sim gets to school today and it seems that everybody has broken into 'Thriller'...

KDRG28k.png

I had a good laugh at all of them lined up like this before the school day started.

ZrZVthp.png

My sim is giving the new kid the side eye while the rest of the world goes crazy.

Nl4P2T3.png

Once I unpaused, this is the cause of all the commotion in front of the school bus.

KUFU4eW.png
  • 007Ecko007Ecko Posts: 22 Member
    [img][/img]FmQDzvr.png
    [img][/img]AG9qjS9.png
    [img][/img]WizxTR1.png
    [img][/img]Kn62eDC.png

This top is really buggy in my game.
    @GalacticGal When I tried to throw the birthday party, my game also tried to prevent Dylan from showing up. Even after starting a club gathering and inviting him to join the celebration, Dylan wouldn’t appear on the lot. It wasn’t until the end of the birthday celebration that he showed up.

One thing I noticed was that the Beach Bonfire Celebration was happening. I suspect that the game goes to great lengths to separate the twins when too many sims are on the active lot or in the neighborhood.

I’m wondering if Zeph didn’t show up because of Erik’s fame. It’s possible that the game didn’t let Zeph show up so that fans could… It’s weird how it works, but I’ve learned that a lot can only handle so many sims at any given time, and that must include sims anywhere in the neighborhood while on an active lot. I haven’t done a lot with fame, so I don’t know if the limit for the max number of sims on a lot increases or not.

What I do know is that I start to struggle with getting my sims to do anything once the number of sims on the active lot exceeds 16, especially when my merfolk gather.

It was kinda frustrating to get Jade and Juniper’s immediate family to gather.
    @Llandros2012 Thanks for giving me my Morning Chuckle. That was great! The kids in my game just sort of clump together in a bunch. Not all Sims glued to each other, which has been a thing since Uni, but rather just in a group. "Break it up, you look like a Cadet Review!" As Captain James T. Kirk would say.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top