Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    jackstefenjackstefen Posts: 2 New Member
    This is just gorgeous! How amazing!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I love the Sims 4. im actually addicted already. I like the
    *Multi-tasking
    *Group chats
    *the parent Sims seem more intelligent in taking care of their babies now.
    *totally love meeting the aliens in the EP get to work
    *the sim songs are really funny

what I find pretty annoying
    *no cars, no buses, no school buses
    *no schools on the lots. if there are no school buildings on the lots and the kids go to school, where do they go then? I would really like to know.
    *why cant I just pretty much walk over to the house next door? I have to wait forever for the stupid loading screen.
    *the way the sims swim is weird. my little sister looked over my shoulder and asked why my sim is walking in the water.
    *the fact that the babies are an integral part of the bassinet. I need to carry my baby around the house. buy fancier bassinets, strollers, baby swings, and where are the toddlers? the babies just jump from being babies to being children. I miss teaching my child how to walk or how to talk. that should be brought back.
    *why cant we have funerals in the Sims? it should be in the plan an event option. I like to mourn the sims who died properly.
    *the kids no longer bring friends home. I have to take them to parks to meet new kids. whats up with that?

apart from all this the game isn't half bad. I love it.

Friends actually come home from school every now and then. It was added in an update. I agree about being aggravated about not being able to walk next door without encountering loading screen!
  • Options
    NejioranaidNejioranaid Posts: 748 Member
    Here's my feedback ;)

What I like: almost everything, but especially the new looks!

What I don't like: the limited options for builders when it comes to colours and patterns. I think that for many builders the Sims3 was absolutely perfect, because we could be as creative as we wanted to be. I'm not saying that we can't build absolutely amazing houses in the Sims4, because this game has wonderful new options. I just miss being able to change every object etc into whatever colour or pattern I wanted.
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    I like that the Gallery recognises who the original builder is when a build is re-uploaded.
    One of my builds was re-uploaded, but it still says I'm the creator (so kuddos for that!)

Yet, what annoys me:
    1: I did not know it was re-uploaded, would've liked a message (not per se in game, as I'm not always in game)
    2: I don't get notifications of downloads or comments (I would have liked to say thanks to compliments, or answer questions if there are any)
    3: Can not see WHO re-uploaded it, since it credits me (rightly).

So as feedback I would like to get notifications on lots that get re uploaded, as well on the comments, and downloads.
    And please show who the reuploader is!

Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    I am a Johnny-come -lately to the Sims 4. I am mostly interested in building and creating Sims although I have played one family. I really like Create a Sim and the build mode has many options that just were not in the game before so that is impressive. The down side for me is the lack of choices for colors especially In build where everything appears washed out and houses are mostly white (looks blue) or grey. I desperately miss being able to change colors to make things bright ( houses look hazy) There is definitely a lack of textures in the color choices for Sims and for objects. I have great difficulty in finding things in the gallery unless you know who designed it or are familiar with the hashtags.
  • Options
    shaquori324shaquori324 Posts: 32 Member
    I would like to see another late night come out and bring cars back
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'll start with the Like:
    • Funner Sims'
    • Sharing Rooms
    • Moving Whole Buildings
    • In Game Gallery
    • New Building Tools
    • I kind of like the Walking Styles
    • I liked how they walked to bathroom when they had to go really bad. That's funny.

What I dislike
    • Loading Screens
    • No Toddlers & more toddler stuff. A Kiddy pool.
    • No Pools at Launch
    • No Burglers
    • No Paper or Paperboy(also fireman)
    • No Open World
    • Babies are objects
    • Teens same height as adults
    • No Cars
    • Weather Not Base Feature
    • No Create A Style, Color Wheel
    • No Create A World But eaiser than the one with the Sims 3. Heck make it an EP release thing/scale. But you need the Open World First.
    • 64 Bit Game
    • Hair Styles/ Looks like play doh.
    • The map view of the town is so ugly.
    • Story Progression(When I played the Sims 4 for the trail, Sim was on the phone with other Sim. Then other sim walked by not on the phone. Not cool.)
    • Terrain tools
    • Shopping for Food (I have a mod in Sims 3 to not be able to buy food from Fridge. I think there is more game play if your Sims has to buy their food or find stuff to plant.
    • dishwashers, washing machines, trash compacter.
    • Able to set doors per sim or bed per sim(not sure if it was patched in)
    • Or Any Other Feature The Sims 3 has then new stuff.

If you could add/fix/reprogram if you have to. That is the game I want to buy and will buy. At first I did not like the style of The Sims 4, but its ok if all of my dislikes where in the game. If not i'm still out. The bold items are most important to me.

I forgot to add - Add all the real Simlish Songs from the Sims 3 plus new stuff. I love listening to the radio in the Sims 3. :) Wish I could find all of those songs and have on my google play playlist. LOL
    Post edited by TiffanyLea007 on
  • Options
    AveryJohannaBAveryJohannaB Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2015
    I can't really compare sims 3 and 4 because I never got into sims 3 at all.. Probably because I had a pretty bad computer, and I stopped playing for years.. Sims 4 came out and I started playing again. I do love build mode now, there's still so many things to learn and I wish I were a better decorater. <_<
    What I do miss though is probably seasons but I'm pretty sure we'll get an expansion pack for that in time.
    Complaint I read above: The height. Yes. Teenagers and adults should not have the same height. Thanks to one update you can now read beneath a sims name if they're teens or adults, but still.
    Also, more traits to choose from, or at least be able to choose more than only 3 traits and the aspirations. Sure, there's a few. But once you've completed them all one time too many it gets a bit dull.
  • Options
    BluereyeBluereye Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the game! Although a lot of people complain about laptop mode, I love that you guys made the game compatible with lower spec computers. I did not want to buy another computer just to play sims. The one issue though is that most hair cc does not work right in laptop mode. I'm sure you've heard this before, but I really hope you can make a patch to fix that! The graphics style is so much brighter and more fun than Sims 3. I like the style for furniture and everything except hair, I think the hair could be more realistic, and that's why I want the cc hair fix.Also, I wish the sims had more aspirations, like in the sims 3. You have probably heard a lot of complaints about the limited swatches. Maybe you could make a simplified version of create a style where we would be able to change the colors but not the pattern/texture. I would love to have cars in the game again. Overall, I love playing the game!
  • Options
    madmill14madmill14 Posts: 5 New Member
    Things I don't like
    -No color wheel/design tool like in Sims 3!!!!!!!!! PLEASE BRING THIS FEATURE BACK PLEASE
    -being able to adjust specific sections of the walls (to make higher) would be cool instead of having to have the entire floor the same wall height
  • Options
    omggxitsx3joooomggxitsx3jooo Posts: 7 New Member
    Please add toddlers!!!!
  • Options
    TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    I've been playing since The Sims came out. I didn't get ALL of the expansions along the way, and rarely purchase Stuff Packs, so while I'm not a newbie, I'm not as experienced as some others on here. I've had Sims4 since April, and just got GTW last week. In Sims3 I have all the EPs, but that is about all. I enjoyed Sims3 more than any of the previous games, and I think more than Sims4, so far. Some things I've noticed in the past couple of months I will share below.

I miss open world, but do not miss long loading times. Sims4 loads a lot faster than Sims3 but has more periodic loading screens due to the lack of open world. I suppose it balances out in the long run. Sims3 was more exciting to play (yes, even vanilla) because there was more to do in the open world. I liked being able to add lots in places where they did not exist and not be limited to 15 lots per major area, but would like to go across town to see friends without loading a new "neighborhood". This is probably the thing I miss the most.

I also miss the old color wheel Create-A-Style tool. I don't like being limited to what Maxis already created, or what another user took the time to create. (I really do appreciate the CC!) I want that style, but not in that color/pattern/material! CASt made this easy to have a unique home and clothes, which really added to the gameplay. I would really love to see the old tool make a return in a future patch/pack.

Create-A-Sim is very nice. A lot of control over my Sims shapes/features (though heights appear to be fixed by age?) makes CAS a lot of fun to dinker around with and discover new looks. Hair/Makeup, not so much. Sims look better from some angles, and worse from other angles. It's hit or miss really. I sure do hope future expansions make this better.

The new In-Game Gallery is just. freaking. awesome! Aside from the CAS control over my Sims, this might be the best new feature of Sims4. Please continue to build on this Gallery idea and do NOT remove any of its features in the future. I love to share my creations (still a

Overall, while it is still really early to compare TS3 to TS4 adequately, I'd have to say so far TS4 feels like a step down in many areas. FYI, I have all of the available packs already, though Patio Stuff is new (released this weekend, purchased today) and I have yet to fully explore it. I also have not started building Newcrest yet. I have a few game mods already installed and they help, but it isn't enough at this point.
  • Options
    shaquori324shaquori324 Posts: 32 Member
    I like the sims 4 the only thing I would like to see is the sims 4 city world with a create a skyscraper added to the game I would also like to see cars and toddlers come back.
  • Options
    damali81damali81 Posts: 12 New Member
    The fact that everyday your sim has a daily task, have it be homework or for their job. Why can't they do it without me telling them too, ahh isn't that the point of autonomy.
  • Options
    damali81damali81 Posts: 12 New Member
    Unless I am missing it, it would be easier to have the expansion packs and stuff packs sorted like in the sims 3. It makes it entirely to difficult to find the new items you have purchased. I am still having the problem that when a sim is dead they are not showing up in the family tree.
  • Options
    xdominicanboyxxdominicanboyx Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2015
    When will we get washers and dryers? I want to do more as a stay home mom then just cook and clean and change the baby or make sure my son's homework is made out. And bring back the open world, if you have to relinquish a big update I don't care it worth it. I just want to be able to push my kid in a stroller while being able to walk down to the supermarket to get groceries or go to the park without walking off and looking at some loading screen. This is 2015 not 2005 I know with technology you can come with an update to make TS4 better then it looks like because now TS4 look a hot mess I want to be able to have worked houses, not some background that's not even existent. Come EA get to 2015.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member

1. Meds or a Psychiatrist Career for the Emotional roller-coaster my Sims tend to have
    2. Lockable doors
    3. Thirst fixed (again)
    4. Can I get a Hot Tub (that increases my Sims fun?)
    5. Trash Cans for public area Grills in Newcrest?
    6. A color wheel? I can live without CASt
    7. I can build a rocket... can I get a dishwasher?
    8. A telescope that doesn't take up so much space??
    9. Traits for the new Careers created in Get to Work
    10. Sims that do not play some sort of musical chairs
    11. More activities that are not forced or guided/required (like a baseball to toss??)
    12. Some type of World hood Editor/creator
    13. Clothing just for Teens (since we are stuck with nearly similar adult-like teens)

Am sure there is more, but it's 7:36 am here :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    cd17cd17 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2015
    I have an idea i would love to see; Sims 4 sports. Kids and teens can join sports, such as football, baseball, softball, swimming, basketball, ballet, karate, soccer, ETC. I know their are other things such as toddlers and cars missing, but I would LOVE to see a sports expansion pack soo so so much.
  • Options
    cd17cd17 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2015
    Things I really really really really want.
    1. Toddlers. Pleaseeeeeee.
    2. Preteen. Its a real life stage and I would love to see it in TS4.
    3.Open World. Keep in mind i never played TS3, but i hate loading screens. Why do i have to wait 45 seconds to a minute to go to my neighbor across the street or next door? What is your reason for that?
    4. Option to add tattoos in CAS. My sims teen can not have tattoos because i did not make them.
    5. Spend a little more time working on the free updates. They never work for my game and I dont like going to the EA help center.
    6. Ability to change the height in CAS when creating a sim. Everyone in town is the same height. How realistic.
    7. Ability to lock doors ( Retail)
    8. More romantic interactions.
    9. Bunk beds!
    10. The other sims in town are horribly dressed.
    11. More traits and skills.
    12. Laundry and dishwashers.
    13. Canes for elders.
    14. Diving board and slides.
    15. An alarm clock for Sims. So your sim can set the alarm clock and it will go off when set and wake them up and be noisy until they turn it off and than they can go do stuff.
    16. More School options and uniforms
    17. More teen jobs
    18.Attics in houses
    19. Sims to be wet after the pool and hot tub.

Expansions I want to see ( no order )
    1. Sims 4 Sports
    2. Generations ( Add Toddlers )
    3.University
    4. Apartment
    5. Seasons
    6. Pets
    Post edited by cd17 on
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    RoanCrous wrote: »
    We want toddlers pre-teens and middle ages.

Just toddler and preteen
  • Options
    LifestyleSimLifestyleSim Posts: 159 Member
    What I Like:
    -The emotions
    -Love how you guys are releasing stuff pack after, stuff pack
    -The clothing (But would like more)
    -Multitasking
    -The free gifts (New Crest, Holiday Stuff)
    What I Dislike:
    -We need more expansion packs
    -Child sims put away their homework once done working on it but teen sims don't
    -No toddlers or pets! They were my favorite part about The Sims 3
    -No custom coloring
    -Need more furniture selections
    -Love the clutter but add more!
    -Not able to lock doors like in The Sims 3
    -Miss not being able to set bed for a sim
    -Not many lots in a world
    -Miss free range world
    -Need longer hair
    Suggestions:
    Add more expansion packs! The stuff packs are great already since you are releasing them not too far apart. The most important expansion packs for the Sims, in my perspective, Pets, Seasons, and Late Night. These expansions added the most into the game and got me more hooked to the game.
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2015
    At first, before TS4 came out, I wasn't sure about the graphics but now... I love it. I wish we can have apartments or a city-type of world (miss Late Night and the vamps ;) ). I hope for Pets and Seasons.
    Post edited by Dangerous12Angel on
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Hooray! I just discovered we can create teen only households now from CAS! Well done Maxis B)

Now if we could move also them out in managed worlds that would be very nice.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    I want every deceased generation to appear in the family tree. They're not active. They're just a picture with key words stuck to it. You've given us a decapitated low end game and you can't even let us do a legacy? Gurrl, please!

Also, make these intuitive emotional sims stop doing the musical chairs routine. Even at a bar, they prefer to sit on chairs and swap, instead of getting drunk and dancing. Oh and please make these intuitive and emotional sims react to death and adultery - with emotions!
    WsYdHZD.jpg