The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Escape Room with a Twist - One Last show before the Forums comes to an end

Comments

• Options
    Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,031 Member
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    Flight could be fun? Or Invisibility. Not really feeling speed.

Suzi-2: You mentioned this was Dracula's potion room, as far as I'm aware Dracula is the god of all vampires. If we look at vampires, they can be fast at flying when transformed into a bat, they are also quite quick and nimble (Van Helsing unfortunately found that out when he tried to put the stake in his heart). In common lore vampires don't have invisibility though, if he is somewhere lurking in this castle we could cloak ourselves and pass him in the corridors undetected? Though we would have to wear some form of perfume to hide our natural scene, otherwise we will all be dinner. Well, everyone besides me. My last search did not mention vampires being into metal or oil. Should we try the invincibility potion?
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,853 Member
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    Flight could be fun? Or Invisibility. Not really feeling speed.

Suzi-2: You mentioned this was Dracula's potion room, as far as I'm aware Dracula is the god of all vampires. If we look at vampires, they can be fast at flying when transformed into a bat, they are also quite quick and nimble (Van Helsing unfortunately found that out when he tried to put the stake in his heart). In common lore vampires don't have invisibility though, if he is somewhere lurking in this castle we could cloak ourselves and pass him in the corridors undetected? Though we would have to wear some form of perfume to hide our natural scene, otherwise we will all be dinner. Well, everyone besides me. My last search did not mention vampires being into metal or oil. Should we try the invincibility potion?

Penelopina: "Hmm, you got, like, some good points there about the lore. Let's try Invisibility then?"
    Banner.png
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,991 Member
    Okay, then it will be the Invisibility Potion:

Penelopina, with the grace of a seasoned alchemist, carefully measured each ingredient for the invisibility potion. Moonlight filtering through the dusty window illuminated her focused expression as she poured a shimmering, lilac powder into the bubbling cauldron. Suzi-2 whirred softly beside her, her eyes meticulously scanning the recipe displayed on its internal interface.
    Penelopina carefully swirled the concoction with a long, gnarled spoon, its surface rippling with an otherworldly luminescence. The tension in the air was thick. Suzi-2 paused, her internal fans whirring audibly. This was the moment of truth. With a slow, deliberate movement, Suzi-2 extended a segmented arm, the faint shimmer of the petrified basilisk gaze curse visible on her metallic surface. Attached to its tip was a small, precisely calibrated instrument. She dipped the instrument into the potion, extracting a minuscule sample of the basilisk's petrified eye for the final ingredient.

A beat of silence followed. Then, with a sound like a strangled gasp, a red warning light blazed to life on Suzi-2's chassis and a series of warning lights flickered on Suzi-2's sleek metallic body. Her monotone voice stuttered and distorted.

Suzi-2: *glitching* Malfunction detected... Systems overloaded... Primary visual sensors impaired... Petrifying Stare curse... effective...

Suzi-2's movements became jerky and uncoordinated. Her robotic arms twitched erratically.

Suzi-2 *distorted*: Apologies... Miscalculated... Curse bypassed organic defenses... Initiating emergency protocols...
  • Options
    With a flicker of her internal light, Suzi-2 managed to speak in a more stable voice: Limited access to database... Potential solution identified... Specific light source... May purge curse and recalibrate sensors... Fragmentary data suggests... Crystal ball with unique properties... Exists within the dungeon... Just behind my cell...

Suzi-2: Risk is high... But without functioning vision systems... My assistance will be limited... Your decision...

The once confident robot companion now relied on YOU!

Will you, Penelopina, Minnie, and Kirbie help your teammate, and find the light source, a crystal ball, in the dungeon? Or will you leave her behind and continue with your quest?

What is your answer?
  • Options
    Penelopina: "I'd say we rescue her!"

*waiting on Skelda and Rosey to voice their thoughts - we should discuss and vote it as a group*
    Banner.png
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,310 Member
    We definitely need to rescue her. We can't leave someone behind.
  • Options
    edited May 21
    Okay, 2/3 decided to rescue Suzy-2, I believe Rosey will agree too. So let's go on!

Group 1 / Challenge 3 / Part 2

With a newfound resolve, the group turned toward the looming darkness, the quest for the crystal ball, and Suzi-2's recovery from their new mission. The air grew thick with anticipation as they sprinted towards the dungeon, hearts pounding against their ribs. They reached the cell where Suzi-2 had been previously imprisoned, the one with the seemingly empty wall.

With renewed determination, they examined the walls for any sign of a hidden mechanism.

Penelopina: *Brushing her fingers along the rough stone* There has to be something here. Maybe a pressure plate or a switch?

Suddenly, Penelopina's hand brushed against a barely discernible indentation. With a satisfying click, a hidden door was revealed.

Minnie: *Eyes sparkling with excitement* A hidden door! This must be the way to the crystal cavern.

With a collective gasp, they threw it open, revealing a dark passage that plunged downwards. A rickety staircase spiraled into the depths, each step echoing with an unsettling creak. Time seemed to distort as they descended, the air growing colder and the damp smell of the unknown intensifying.
    Finally, after what felt like an eternity, they reached the bottom. Stepping off the final step, they gasped.
    Before them lay a breathtaking crystal cavern. Towering crystals, like glistening giants, sprouted from the cavern floor, their points catching the faint, magical light that emanated from somewhere deep within.
    But awe turned to trepidation as their eyes landed on the cavern's center. There, perched atop a pedestal, gleamed the crystal ball they sought. Unfortunately, guarding it was a hulking gargoyle, its stone form cast an imposing shadow. Even worse, its chest rose and fell with the rhythm of a deep sleep.
    Penelopina, Minnie, and Kirbie exchanged nervous glances. How could they snatch the crystal ball without waking this slumbering beast?

The path to the crystal ball is riddled with challenges! The number of riddles you face depends on the decision you make now. Choose wisely, or risk waking the hungry gargoyle!

You have 3 choices:
    1. You can all sneak behind the gargoyle and hope he doesn't wake up,
    2. One of you can use the invisibility potion that Penelopina made earlier with Suzi-2's help before the glitch.
    3. Or 2 of you can distract the gargoyle while the other one snatches the crystal ball

Post edited by Alleenmens on
  • Options
    Don't we need the invisibility potion later? I think option 3 sounds fun.
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Okay, 2/3 decided to rescue Suzy-2, I believe Rosey will agree too. So let's go on!

Group 1 / Challenge 3 / Part 2

With a newfound resolve, the group turned toward the looming darkness, the quest for the crystal ball, and Suzi-2's recovery from their new mission. The air grew thick with anticipation as they sprinted towards the dungeon, hearts pounding against their ribs. They reached the cell where Suzi-2 had been previously imprisoned, the one with the seemingly empty wall.

With renewed determination, they examined the walls for any sign of a hidden mechanism.

Penelopina: *Brushing her fingers along the rough stone* There has to be something here. Maybe a pressure plate or a switch?

Suddenly, Penelopina's hand brushed against a barely discernible indentation. With a satisfying click, a hidden door was revealed.

Minnie: *Eyes sparkling with excitement* A hidden door! This must be the way to the crystal cavern.

With a collective gasp, they threw it open, revealing a dark passage that plunged downwards. A rickety staircase spiraled into the depths, each step echoing with an unsettling creak. Time seemed to distort as they descended, the air growing colder and the damp smell of the unknown intensifying.
    Finally, after what felt like an eternity, they reached the bottom. Stepping off the final step, they gasped.
    Before them lay a breathtaking crystal cavern. Towering crystals, like glistening giants, sprouted from the cavern floor, their points catching the faint, magical light that emanated from somewhere deep within.
    But awe turned to trepidation as their eyes landed on the cavern's center. There, perched atop a pedestal, gleamed the crystal ball they sought. Unfortunately, guarding it was a hulking gargoyle, its stone form cast an imposing shadow. Even worse, its chest rose and fell with the rhythm of a deep sleep.
    Penelopina, Minnie, and Kirbie exchanged nervous glances. How could they snatch the crystal ball without waking this slumbering beast?

The path to the crystal ball is riddled with challenges! The number of riddles you face depends on the decision you make now. Choose wisely, or risk waking the hungry gargoyle!

You have 3 choices:
    1. You can all sneak behind the gargoyle and hope he doesn't wake up,
    2. One of you can use the invisibility potion that Penelopina made earlier with Suzi-2's help before the glitch.
    3. Or 2 of you can distract the gargoyle while the other one snatches the crystal ball

I've updated this post... ;)
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,276 Member
    Minnie rolls up her sleeves and cracks her knuckles.

"Perhaps we can use the petrified eyes against them. If they're blinded, we should be able to sneak past no problem. Otherwise perhaps this is a good time to drink that horrible potion."
  • Options
    Skelda wrote: »
    Don't we need the invisibility potion later? I think option 3 sounds fun.

Yeah my gut says not to waste the potion yet. Let's go with 3
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited May 21
    2/3 votes for number 3

The Gargoyle's Challenge
    Penelopina, Minnie, and Kirbie approach the gargoyle, a sense of apprehension hanging heavy in the air. The beast stirs, its eyes glowing ominously. Suddenly, a booming voice echoes through the cavern.

"Seek the answers whispered on stone,
    Solve my riddles, or be turned to bone."

The gargoyle presents two riddles. If they solve both correctly, they can retrieve the crystal ball and pass. Failure to solve both riddles, however, will have dire consequences.

Riddles:
    1. I shimmer with jewels, a sight to behold, But within my depths, darkness unfolds. A reflection distorted, a chilling surprise, The truest image lies within your own eyes.

What am I? - A haunted Mirror

2. I stand tall with a pointed head, But cast no shadow, living or dead. My thirst I quench with moonlight's gleam, A silent guardian in a haunted dream.

What am I? - A gargoyle weathervane

So @Skelda was partially correct with both... ;)
    Post edited by Alleenmens on
  • Options
    I'm not 100% sure about either of these.

"A mirror" is the obvious answer to the first one, but I'm not certain that I like it. I'm trying to think of anything else that might distort a reflection.

My first thought was "a gargoyle" for the first riddle, maybe because of who is asking it hahaha. But I actually think it kind of works? There might be better answers though.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,291 Member
    1 might be prism? 2. Stalactite? Mountain peak? XVolcano?
    image.png
  • Options
    I thought Mirror and Candle?
  • Options
    The first one could also be blind eyes
  • Options
    First one makes me think of a lake. Like, aren't your eyeballs filled with water, or, some kind of liquid?

2 could be the moon?

Buut yeah we gotta discuss it a bit more I think
    Banner.png
  • Options
    First one makes me think of a lake. Like, aren't your eyeballs filled with water, or, some kind of liquid?

2 could be the moon?

No time for discussion but don't fret, the next one will be much easier... If you don't get it then I resign my case or this show ;)

The Gargoyle's Judgment:

Penelopina, Minnie, and Kirbie solve one riddle, but the gargoyle remains unsatisfied. They see a flicker of grudging respect in its glowing eyes.

"One answer correct," the booming voice echoes. "One more chance to prove your worth. Solve this final riddle, and the crystal ball is yours."

The gargoyle presents a new riddle, offering them a final opportunity to succeed.

The Bonus Riddle:

I have an eye, but cannot see,
    A voice, but cannot speak.
    I tell stories of the past and present,
    But have no mouth to whisper or shriek.

What am I?
  • Options
    edited May 21
    Hmm.. a radio or a telly? No wait those don't have eyes.. Unless it's the tv from Daria playing Sick Sad World...
    bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Put in spoiler per Alleen's request

Still gonna keep thinking on this one.
    Post edited by M13Vulpecula on
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited May 21
    Hmm.. a radio or a telly? No wait those don't have eyes.. Unless it's the tv from Daria playing Sick Sad World...

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Still gonna keep thinking on this one.

Nope! Think again!
  • Options

2 could be the moon?

No time for discussion but don't fret, the next one will be much easier... If you don't get it then I resign my case or this show ;)

The Gargoyle's Judgment:

Penelopina, Minnie, and Kirbie solve one riddle, but the gargoyle remains unsatisfied. They see a flicker of grudging respect in its glowing eyes.

"One answer correct," the booming voice echoes. "One more chance to prove your worth. Solve this final riddle, and the crystal ball is yours."

The gargoyle presents a new riddle, offering them a final opportunity to succeed.

The Bonus Riddle:

What am I?

I'm going to add another one with basically the same answer...

I hold secrets whispered in the night,
    Bound in leather, a chilling sight.
    Ink-stained pages, stories untold,
    Of ancient evils, mysteries bold.

What am I?
  • Options

2 could be the moon?

The Gargoyle's Judgment:

The Bonus Riddle:

What am I?

What am I?

... wait a book has an eye?
    Banner.png
  • Options

2 could be the moon?

The Gargoyle's Judgment:

The Bonus Riddle:

What am I?

What am I?

You tell stories about what you see... ;)
  • Options

2 could be the moon?

The Gargoyle's Judgment:

The Bonus Riddle:

What am I?

What am I?

Okay, I'm going to take this answer as the correct answer and I think I'm going to end the challenge just here and you guys can see the outcome in the episode. Thanks for playing!

Group 2's challenge will start tomorrow sometime. I will let you know on Discord.

@lillibattenberg @M13Vulpecula @Skelda @Smarties101 @SimTresa @HayloHusky @rosey1579 @lovesstorms
  • Options
    oh ok
    Banner.png