Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 583 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I will have to turn this Mirage Garden 8-plex of Simply Nisey YT into a 6-plex, if For Rent stops at 6 units. I wanted to fit a 3 bedroom unit into this apartment anyway. I just changed the roof color to match the surrounding area but I haven't started remodeling it yet.
    11-05-23-7-03-19-PM.png

@SnaveXs That looks great, perfect for Mirage Park. Instead of changing it, another thing you can do is designate six of the existing units as apartments. Then you could use the the other two as common areas. One of them could be a clubhouse, the other could be a leasing office.

In the apartment building I live in currently, they have a wifi area next to the leasing office where new tenants who are waiting for their internet to turn on, or who are having technical problems with their internet, can bring their laptops or use one of the two desktops they have available. Other apartments I've lived in have had a library. So maybe the first floor of your "leasing office" can have a desk, a vending machine and a seating area like in a basic leasing office, and then the upstairs could be a community study/library.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2023
    There’s a leasing office already. They put a lot of detail into this build, but it only had up to two bedrooms. I had a family of five living on this lot already, which included the grandfather, a couple, a daughter, and a son. So, I made the back of each building into four-bedroom units.

11-05-23-7-02-59-PM.png

Post edited by SnaveXs on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Yesterday's trailer showed an example of 6 units. We don't know the max number yet but it won't be just 2 or 4 units like some players feared.

We do now know the max number: 6, says SimGuruNova... unless we use the cheat, says SimGuruNinja, who provided no more info about that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    I have some positive feelings about this pack. But the thing that won't stop bothering me when I contemplate buying a pack that's all about building is the fact that the gallery is still not fixed. Following and favourites are still messed up, and the newsfeed is still missing. I haven't uploaded a build to the gallery in months because I feel like nobody will see it anyway. And searching for builds is frustrating now without being able to follow all the builders I want and favourite builds I like. All this has made building not as much fun for me lately because it doesn't seem worth all that effort if I can't even share my builds and find and enjoy others normally like I used to. Whether or not the gallery is fixed before the pack is released is definitely going to factor into whether I buy it and when.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im really hoping for the best with this one. If it goes to plan then this could be one of those essential must have packs that will change gameplay and really create lots of fun situations......
    or if its a buggy mess like Wedding Stories then it will be just about the biggest disappointment ever.
    Alot riding on it!!LOL
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member

Yesterday's trailer showed an example of 6 units. We don't know the max number yet but it won't be just 2 or 4 units like some players feared.

We do now know the max number: 6, says SimGuruNova... unless we use the cheat, says SimGuruNinja, who provided no more info about that.

Wait is there really confusion that they used a cheat to get 6 or is that the max without cheats? Would be really weird of them to show how to cheat in an official expansion pack trailer....
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

Wait is there really confusion that they used a cheat to get 6 or is that the max without cheats? Would be really weird of them to show how to cheat in an official expansion pack trailer....

6 units is the max without cheats, but with cheats you can go above 6.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,361 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

My reading is that it was 6 *without* the cheat, and more with the cheat.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,111 Member
    6 units per lot, with the maximum of 8 sims in each unit - without cheats.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    JAL wrote: »

Are we certain on the latter (the maximum of 8 sims in each unit?). That would mean 48 sims on one rent lot.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,361 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    JAL wrote: »

Are we certain on the latter (the maximum of 8 sims in each unit?). That would mean 48 sims on one rent lot.

Came straight from SimGuruNova (there's a quoted tweet around here somewhere)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    Huh? They would have to remove the limit of max 20 sims allowed in a neighborhood if that's the case, if they want the game to render all those 48 sims at the same time.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Huh? They would have to remove the limit of max 20 sims allowed in a neighborhood if that's the case, if they want the game to render all those 48 sims at the same time.
    I don't think all 48 sims would be automatically rendered. The current assumption seems to be that the unplayed households will be hidden unless on the communal area.

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,539 Member
    I would imagine that even if one were to have an apartment building with all 48 Sims, we wouldn't see even half of them at one time. The game could very well still limit 20 Sims active at a time on the lot, so we might see various members of the households coming and going, but never all at once. Just trying to manage expectations, but this would make sense.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 867 Member
    edited November 2023
    That makes plenty sense to me, thank you! I already built a 3-unit apartment building with a basement unit. Excited for the possibilities with this. I’m still concerned about the surrounding gameplay. I would really really love to see a new crafting skill that’s maybe tied to some items from the market. I am just anxiously waiting for the gameplay trailer to see if we get anymore insight haha.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    @PandoraTO I'm a hopeless builder and very much rely on the gallery. I keep a list of builders I like and also refer back to my library to find those I've enjoyed, so please keep building!

I'm still very much on the fence regarding this pack and will wait to see gameplay and hear feedback. If there's no lag or terrible glitches then it's a consideration but not a pack I'd have wanted desperately. Really wonder how it will impact City Living, will it more or less render those apartments obsolete?

Also the world will probably be tiny, again. It reminds me of Selvadorado a bit and for some reason that's the only world that my pc doesn't run well with the fan going into overdrive. With potentially 40+ sims on one lot, I'm wary.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,862 Member
    If there is breaking and entering, they should resurrect the alarm system from sims 1. Considering it's more than 20 years later, they should also make it more advanced with a video cameras as well.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    @LeucosiaX Yes! With ring cameras on the door!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,862 Member
    For Rent can throw in animals you interact with like the dolphins in Island living. like feed the elephants, monkeys,...
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Im really hoping for the best with this one. If it goes to plan then this could be one of those essential must have packs that will change gameplay and really create lots of fun situations......
    or if its a buggy mess like Wedding Stories then it will be just about the biggest disappointment ever.
    Alot riding on it!!LOL

I do agree as it increases my game play even if the other features I would like to see is not there yet.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 867 Member
    edited November 2023
    I really hope cringe sims can do even more cringe things than just dabbing. There are so many more ways to be cringe and to only have them be cringe in one way would be extremely... cringe

Apparently, according to a Sims Guru- there's an even more embarrassing cringey thing that sims can do in public besides dabbing. So...theres that :D
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    I don't like the fact that we have to pay $39.99 for our sims to own a second home.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    I don't like the fact that we have to pay $39.99 for our sims to own a second home.

I would agree with you but that's not what this pack is about.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,963 Member
    I just realized this is fifteenth expansion pack. The Sims 3 had 11.

Yay! The Sims 4 has the most expansion packs for a while now! And not event mentioning all the DLC!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,750 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think they are avoiding the question on how many per lot because the answer isn’t what the community wants will want to hear.
    In the trailer, at 0:33 seconds, you can see the big mailbox, and it has 36 individual mailboxes. Maybe that answers our question.
    Dare we hope? That would be amazing, but seems too good to be true. :/

I suspect it will be like the High School lockers and not all of them will useable. That being said... aren't about half of the lockers useable? If this follows the same model and we can have 18 sims (or somewhere in the 16-20 range), that would be plenty as far as I am concerned. 4 apartments with 4 sims each, or 6 with around 3 each, is probably past the limits of what I would even personally use, and should still allow for some of the more creative uses I've seen other people talk about, like magical boarding schools. I actually hope it's more like 16-18, since that would still allow for walk-by sims, the neighborhood welcoming party, etc., without negatively impacting performance too much (hopefully).

Even if they allow for 36, there is no need to add them all if it impacts the game's performance. I have feeling that finding your playable sims' mailbox among all the others will be tricky, I never know which mailbox belongs to my sim the San Myshuno apartments and there are a lot less than here. :lol: Wonder if sims will be able to steal mail since they will be snooping, breaking in, and bribing and stuff.

In San Myshuno flats I think the active mailbox has a clearer "address label" than the other boxes. Don't think I ever could not tell the difference, although it might be quite subtle.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg