The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

1293031323335...Next

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,891 Member
    I too feel burned out playing older packs when I had huge plans with for rent.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,158 Member
    I feel the frustration of many with this pack, it seems not fair. People wanted these apartments for so long, and now they still can't play with them. After seeing a let's play with this pack, I gave it a try, but it didn't worked. I was just building on an empty lot, and then I wanted to save the lot, it couldn't save the new apartments, an error message popped up, luckily I could reverse everything and left the game without any consequences. I don't want my precious savefile be corrupted with this mess. I guess I will avoid this world and gameplay for an uncertain time although I love the bb catalog and cas from this ep.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 191 Member
    I too spend over three months building a cool street with shops/cafes ect. on the base level, and in the upper floors six apartments.

I hoped that by the time I was finally done all the big bugs regarding residential rentals would be fixed. But since the corruption is still going on I never changed the build into a residential rental. Instead, it is an old boring residential lot. I had to cheat my Sim into the building and she lives all alone in one apartment of this huge building. Just like before For Rent came out, I have to pretend that my Sim is paying bills and cheat money for the actual bill, because she is basically the owner of the whole street.

I hate that EA won't prioritize these save breaking bugs and just moves on to the next pack instead. Why did they not test this feature properly? And now it seems like they won't even fix these problems.

This saddens me. :(
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,339 Member
    edited June 16
    I suggest making a dummy save and test it out.I think making one lot with multiple units it's fine .I has no problem with that.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,048 Member
    edited June 17
    The last month of so, when I download apartments I have been putting them into a test save, I always change the lot ( in build mode ), I am in first to the same kind of lot I want to download. Then I will save and get out of the lot going back to manage worlds. I will check to see that te lot has changed to residential rental. I will then, go back into the lot, and change it back to residential ( if that’s what it was first ), if all is working well changing the lot back and forth. Then, I continue on by bulldozing the lot ( while in the lot ), and while in residential , after bulldozing it, I will change it back to residential rental, save, get out to see if it is still residential rental, then go back in and download the residential rental I want to the lot, fix it up the way I want it then I reupload that lot to my library. I always change the lot type while in the build mode on and bulldoze the lot while I am in build mode in that lot, not from manage worlds. I will check to see if I can now change that lot back and forth again, and then download the lot iI just uploaded ( after making sure the lot is in the same type of lot I’m downloading ). I never change the lot from manage worlds, but always from the lot within the lot it’self.

I started that process because I had some problems after the castle kit came out. In a build save I have I was having problems gettingvback to manage worlds. Once I downloaded a lot and changed it. When I tried to leave I would get an endless loading screen trying to go back to manage worlds and would have to get out of my game by turning off my computer. I found out that if I saved the lot before trying to go back to manage worlds that when I had to turn the computer off, when I went back in the lot would still be there, and when I went back in and got back out I no longer had the endless loading problem. This happened with residential lot first, a huge castle I deleted a moat on. This lot had never been a residential rental, only residential, and no other type of lot. The second lot I had trouble with ( a different lot location, and a much smaller size ) was a residential rental made by a credible builder. I tried changing things on the lot and when I tried to get out I had the same problem, and endless loading screen, had to turn the computer off again, but this time I had saved it first before trying to go to manage worlds, so when I went back into my game, it was there and it was normal again, no endless loading screen getting out. So after going back and forth again uploading the building, bulldozing it getting out, going back in then I uploaded it and downloaded it putting it in my main save.

Since the last couple of patches I haven’t seemed to have a problem when downloading something to a lot and getting out, so I’m wondering if they fixed the lot issue ( or if I just downloaded a newer lot ). I don’t use Custom content or mods in the sims 4 and never have, so I know problems I have are not caused by that.

So far I have not had an exclamation problem people are talking about, but I don’t have too many residential rentals yet. I am doing a save as pretty often in case I have that problem sometime.

But for now, I have been able to save, bulldoze and change lots normally lately.although taking a lot of extra time checking everything.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,615 Member
    Does anyone have issues with other lot types not working properly? Ever since For Rent some lot types don't work as they did previously. Like Community spaces for example, don't attract as many sims as they used to and I tried setting a new one up in Tomarang and it doesn't attract any sim at all. Also, shop lots that are owned by other sims don't work when I visit them with other sims. They don't attract any sims, neither employees nor other shoppers and what ever was set for sale can't be bought.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,339 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Like Community spaces for example, don't attract as many sims as they used to

Tried this after patched. I noticed I had bit similar problems if lot was set as general, not any of the voted options.
    Usually my community spaces are sort of all in one, using the general option of the lot and that used to spawn lots of sims.
    Now I had to actually change the lot to one of the3 options, and then it was crowded again.

I only had MCCC and UI Cheats in at the time I tried.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,615 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Like Community spaces for example, don't attract as many sims as they used to

Tried this after patched. I noticed I had bit similar problems if lot was set as general, not any of the voted options.
    Usually my community spaces are sort of all in one, using the general option of the lot and that used to spawn lots of sims.
    Now I had to actually change the lot to one of the3 options, and then it was crowded again.

I only had MCCC and UI Cheats in at the time I tried.

I play vanilla. I use the community space lot option by default and don't bother populating the other lot types, as they basically do the same thing and the first one has minimum lot requirements. I will try set them as community market or some other type, see if they work better. But the one in Tomarang was puzzling, because I had it initially set as recreation center and there were some sims on the lot and as soon as I changed the lot type to community space every other sims left and didn't return. I spent like two sim days on the lot trying to see if someone shows up.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited June 18
    @crocobaura ah I think I have always seen the default community space fairly deserted. I think the idea is that when the space gets developed into something better (garden or maker space or market) more sims want to come.

You can do it through a cheat, but you have to be playing a sim who lives in the neighborhood for it to work.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,339 Member
    edited June 18
    @mightysprite , to me it has always been very crowded with only the default community space. until recently.
    I was playing offline, patched before for rent , when all still worked with default lot space.

now fully up to date, of course.

edit: and indeed I play that lottype at every world, and very much use Evergreen Harbor too.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @crocobaura ah I think I have always seen the default community space fairly deserted. I think the idea is that when the space gets developed into something better (garden or maker space or market) more sims want to come.

You can do it through a cheat, but you have to be playing a sim who lives in the neighborhood for it to work.
    Same here my community space has always been pretty empty too, at least in the last year or so.

I usually put all 3 things in one space ( maker, garden, or marketplace ), I usually make them close to the same ….,so my sims can do whatever.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,182 Member
    I am so disappointed with this pack. One loading screen after another and I have a very fast pc. Why can't it be like roomates ? Roomates come and go as they please they eat, use the bathroom, cook and do hobbies and there is no loading screen. It's not that big of a stretch to be able to go downstairs in your house and knock on the door and then be allowed entry without a loading screen. Lazy coding, sloppy , sloppy sloppy. And no fun at all. Why are there even rabbit holes? A big waste of money. I just wanted the grandparents to live in a basement suite so they could interact with the children without me having to take care of their needs.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I am so disappointed with this pack. One loading screen after another and I have a very fast pc. Why can't it be like roomates ? Roomates come and go as they please they eat, use the bathroom, cook and do hobbies and there is no loading screen. It's not that big of a stretch to be able to go downstairs in your house and knock on the door and then be allowed entry without a loading screen. Lazy coding, sloppy , sloppy sloppy. And no fun at all. Why are there even rabbit holes? A big waste of money. I just wanted the grandparents to live in a basement suite so they could interact with the children without me having to take care of their needs.

I can see why there is a loading screen. There can be up to 8 people with each household. At least we can put more people in one lot, thus freeing up other lots for different lot types. But I too don’t see why all the rabbit holes, what’s the fun in that? The thing I loved about Sims 4 in the beginning is that it wasn’t filled with rabbit holes. I stopped playing Sims 3 after buying the basegame and seeing that going to a restaurant was a rabbit hole, and going to work was a rabbit hole, except the shell for work was right there tempting us to want to see inside. I also didn’t care for the youngest sims in Sums 3 after having such great babies in the sims 2. I have to say the Sims team did an excellent job with babies in the sims 4, even if it did come so late.
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,309 Member
    I have built so many rental buildings and placed them in all my worlds to populate them, but they stay empty. NO NCP landlords and No NCP tenants spawn. What is the point of this pack. I don't want to be forced to play landlord or tenant all the time. :/
  • Options
    edited June 23
    I have built so many rental buildings and placed them in all my worlds to populate them, but they stay empty. NO NCP landlords and No NCP tenants spawn. What is the point of this pack. I don't want to be forced to play landlord or tenant all the time. :/

I haven’t played landlords, but I have moved people into apartments, and those I don’t want to play I just turn off playing them afterwords. Once you have someone in an apartment a land lord spawns. I would rather choose who I move into my apartments and leave them empty till I place a played or non played sim in them.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 721 Member
    @SheriSim57 Are you saying that you cannot decide who will live in your appartments?
  • Options
    @abelhinha35 Do you have Neighborhood Stories turned on for unplayed households, and Move In enabled for unplayed households? Those options control whether NPCs move into lots on their own.
  • Options
    edited June 23
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @SheriSim57 Are you saying that you cannot decide who will live in your appartments?

No, I’m saying you can decide who to move into your apartments ( at least the ones not already owned ). Because I have moved many in, and then a landlord spawns. Since I have neighborhood stories off I’m not sure how it works with sims automatically choosing to live in an apartment, but you can move them in there yourself.

As far as being a landlord goes, you have choices to pick from but are not given the name of the people, justvtheir characteristics. Example: you could choose and Elder with a cat, an adult by themselves etc. I’m not sure how it works if you you own a place, but want to move a certain sim in. I’m assuming the person wanting to be the tenant could ask to rent.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,413 Member
    The fact that players have to take many cautions around this EP is pitiful. The team needs to concentrate on fixing .badEP's..like this simply.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 721 Member
    Thankyou @SheriSim57
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,309 Member
    edited June 25
    @abelhinha35 Do you have Neighborhood Stories turned on for unplayed households, and Move In enabled for unplayed households? Those options control whether NPCs move into lots on their own.

Hi, yes I do have Neighborhood stories on and there is no change to my apartments. I would think that tenants & landlords should spawn the way the house fill up in all neighborhoods.
  • Options
    ok thanks for the info @abelhinha35 !
    Maybe it doesn't work the same way for For Rent apartments, I wonder