Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 189 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    Not sure what that last sentence means, but I only started collecting all of the collections with in the past couple of years and this is my firm opinion on value for content.

btw I think Horse Ranch is a rad pack, only missed opportunity the equestrian center should have been real game play feature like the acting studios in Get famous, and Wine tasting events at the vineyards would have been an excellent way to feel more complete.

You can't lead your horse or mount from the other side, how much possibility would they have made a live horse race? We don't have ponies, a new creature frame, rocking horses, and mechanical bulls for reusing the ride animation. Horse ranch is more regretful than For Rent.

If you have read the codes on Residential Rentals, you will find the biggest limit is Sim number cap. Such neighbor behavior logic cannot be observed because of few neighbors. That's why I refer to other lot-assignment packs. It is more complex, including all emergencies compared with ones at high school, while all are covered by Sim cap. And the hard lock-in on the lot mechanic leaves modders out of help.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,862 Member
    There is no way Horse Ranch could be worst than Save Corrupting, and not even expansion pack size world or Rent. Regret those beautiful horses and scenic views and horse rides. I love Horse Ranch, regardless of it being a bit chimped on expansion pack content.

Not sure the technical jargon you speak of, I am only a player not a developer or modder, but from a player's perspective, I can honestly compare the event of a Horse Competition, (there is not horse race in this game but that could have been rad betting and winning even in a rabbit hole), would be, in my creative opinion, that of Cottage Living's Finchwick Fair meets Get Famous Acting gigs.
    You place walk over the the "X" marks and the animations take over for each part.
    Of course that's just plain old be comparing it to it's previous packs. It's really up to the game developer team to knock out socks off and invent something 1000x better than we ever seen in game in order to get more sales and have us on our toes.

Those other things you mentioned, maybe they were in other Sims games, like yeah sure add them. I think the should have been added. I have a mod of the rocking horses for kids but would have been nice official in a pack like this. A mechanical bull would have rocked in the bar. It should be added.It's not a deal breaker, but it was meant to be in this pack, and a missed opportunity none the less. Ponies, unicorns, pegasus,... yes please. Chimped a full expansion pack, I do not argue- I agree. Did I have a lot of tremendous fun and countless hours playing it, yes. Would I return it for my money back if offerered? Not in a million years. @RandomTokenCode
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 189 Member
    There is no way Horse Ranch could be worst than Save Corrupting, and not even expansion pack size world or Rent. Regret those beautiful horses and scenic views and horse rides. I love Horse Ranch, regardless of it being a bit chimped on expansion pack content.

Not sure the technical jargon you speak of, I am only a player not a developer or modder

I never referred to the EP worlds before, and why I would regret a new western world? But I actually prefer biking around the worlds to horse riding. And the smaller world in FR I have complained on this thread is compared with other GPs in the whole discussion with you.
    Technical jargon( what is the meaning? isn't what is not about players, just revealing what you have not experienced yet. And all the gameplay you haven't seen is up to you to value instead of regarding it as some nonsense from me.
    The worlds themselves are beautiful all the time, but the common issue - boredom without crowds appears again and again.
    I won't respond the next, using a translator to write many 200-word paragraphs exhausted me.
  • Options

Not sure the technical jargon you speak of, I am only a player not a developer or modder

I never referred to the EP worlds before, and why I would regret a new western world? But I actually prefer biking around the worlds to horse riding. And the smaller world in FR I have complained on this thread is compared with other GPs in the whole discussion with you.
    Technical jargon( what is the meaning? isn't what is not about players, just revealing what you have not experienced yet. And all the gameplay you haven't seen is up to you to value instead of regarding it as some nonsense from me.
    The worlds themselves are beautiful all the time, but the common issue - boredom without crowds appears again and again.
    I won't respond the next, using a translator to write many 200-word paragraphs exhausted me.

yes the lack of enough sims spawning in the later packs was a topic we had in another thread about the amusement pack in The High School years but also brought up it's an issue on all the latest packs. Thank you for the background technical coding information @RandomTokenCode Spawning lack there of should be fixed. Events in those locked lots could help too.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,023 Member
    Even if not a lot like the area in Sulani for special events. Animal Sanctuary could have been like the Dolphins In Sulani with simple interactions with the tigers.
    Events and more spawning in the nightlife. Why they advertised as "bustling" but left out the necessary spawning.
    If you can get it for 50% off that would be perfect, because I think it was intended to be a game pack, based on the size and features, and the history of the amount of expansions packs put out in a year in the past. I also feel the renting system was supposed to come with growing together, as there are townhouses in all the set dressing in that world based on San Fransico and it Sf is all townhouses. Tomarang would have been perfect for a hotels or vacation pack. How I wish to play it anyway.
    I think they will fix it, fingers crossed, but it should still be just a game pack. I think it would have added value to introduce multi-fuctional lots to this pack to, to feel "bustling."

Everyone criticizes how plain the gameplay is with CL and ignores how vivid the neighborhoods are in San Myshuno. More budgets and plans are needed to create a more "bustling" world since we have bigger and bigger ones. 20 Sims cap is too low even to hold a thrilled party in a 50*50 lot.

The game pack theory is too misrepresented. You can compare it with two lot assignment GPs, Spa Day and Dine Out. It could be worthy.

It's a game pack size world with only 9 lots comparable to Tartosa and Strangerville. It's a game pack style with only offering a retail system, like dream home decorator, paranormal stuff... All other expansion packs offered a lot more. Like even if you compare it to Get Famous, which is a fairly small world but still bigger, and it offers a lot more game play and features added to the game. I'm not working for a game development company, so I am not going ot make charts, graphs or a power point presentation, but it is very obvious what is sold in this For Rent expansion pack is the value equivalent of about half of the earlier expansion packs.
    My only " theory " for this is inflation is reflecting the product as this point.

Yes, I’m sure inflation must be part of the reason at least surely. Everything seems to have gone up in the United States. It’s inevitable not to affect gaming as well, especially since the Sims 4 has been around so long.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    Inflation having an effect on how much items is made in a pack to me is an excuse for a series that supposedly is a cash cow. I think other reasons may be at play in why there is lesser items in a pack.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 100 Member
    The trailer gave me no illusions about the pack. The focus was clearly on the snooping features, which I'm not particularly interested in. Frankly, as one of the few culturally themed packs, I expected more. But let's face it, EA doesn't have a decent track record with culturally themed packs. At least there is a culture skill for Sulani and Selvadorada. Snowy Escape is more centered around winter sports instead of East Asian culture. The maps for all culturally themed packs are too small. The two benefits to the for rent pack are: it is a waterfront world (despite not having any waterfront properties) and you can take Sulani vehicles into the ocean in Tomarang. Secondly, the rental property system is nice. However, I am upset at the underrepresentation on Indonesian culture. I mean, the pack cost $40 and the only real benefits are rental properties and it adds a new world. Other packs like werewolves also came with new worlds, but it's only $20.
  • Options
    The trailer gave me no illusions about the pack. The focus was clearly on the snooping features, which I'm not particularly interested in. Frankly, as one of the few culturally themed packs, I expected more. But let's face it, EA doesn't have a decent track record with culturally themed packs. At least there is a culture skill for Sulani and Selvadorada. Snowy Escape is more centered around winter sports instead of East Asian culture. The maps for all culturally themed packs are too small. The two benefits to the for rent pack are: it is a waterfront world (despite not having any waterfront properties) and you can take Sulani vehicles into the ocean in Tomarang. Secondly, the rental property system is nice. However, I am upset at the underrepresentation on Indonesian culture. I mean, the pack cost $40 and the only real benefits are rental properties and it adds a new world. Other packs like werewolves also came with new worlds, but it's only $20.

I would have preferred non rabbit holes ( like to the animal sanctuary ) than random rental events myself. It would have been nice to have some properties that went out over the water too. Something like that might have even encouraged people to Sulani, seeing how nice it is being able to build out over the water. A new type of boat or other water activity would have been nice too. The night market hardly has anyone there too.
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 100 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I would have preferred non rabbit holes ( like to the animal sanctuary ) than random rental events myself. It would have been nice to have some properties that went out over the water too. Something like that might have even encouraged people to Sulani, seeing how nice it is being able to build out over the water. A new type of boat or other water activity would have been nice too. The night market hardly has anyone there too.

Yes, like when you go to the fish market, you see a pier with all these cool looking boats. I wouldn't mind being able to take a boat out and fish or travel around via boat. Also, you would think after EA finally put in the dolphin interaction with Island Living, they'd continue with the For Rent tiger sanctuary interaction, but no. There should really be like a whole zoo or nature reserve. And I'm not sure how there are no waterfront lots in Tomarang. Plus, the 2 swimmable areas in Tomarang are really small compared to the beaches in Sulani.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Yes, like when you go to the fish market, you see a pier with all these cool looking boats. I wouldn't mind being able to take a boat out and fish or travel around via boat. Also, you would think after EA finally put in the dolphin interaction with Island Living, they'd continue with the For Rent tiger sanctuary interaction, but no. There should really be like a whole zoo or nature reserve. And I'm not sure how there are no waterfront lots in Tomarang. Plus, the 2 swimmable areas in Tomarang are really small compared to the beaches in Sulani.

Not just the dolphins, a diving bouy would have been welcome too. That way we could have a second diving world. The diving itself is a rabbit hole so no need to create an environment. For people without island living this would have obviously been a deco bouy, but the option to dive could appear as a cross pack feature
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited May 22
    I finally bought the pack because I was bored, I thought that I could write a short review here. Not sure if anyone will read it.

My main criticism is that there is barely anything here in this pack worth talking about, that's the cynical view I have of this pack. You are mostly paying for the main feature which is building and renting out apartments, the rest feels a bit like filler honestly. It's not terrible, the animations for the new traits like for example the cringe trait are pretty well done and CAS and B/B feels well designed like always.

But I am just not feeling it, I think The Sims have a lot of appeal when a pack is new and people are talking about it. I chose to buy this pack later and you kinda stand in the world, look at it and say "that's it? that's what all this fuss was about?" You can spy on people, break into houses and find out secrets but that's just randomized things, tenants will "revolt" and stand outside and shout with the city living demonstration animation and I can't help but just look at it and go "...okay?" I don't feel engaged with this at all.

I am fully aware that I am probably one of the reasons why I don't feel engaged with it but I like to be honest about how I am feeling, if anyone else feels the same as me then I can say that you can buy or not buy this pack whatever you feel like doing, it's not going to matter, you will most likely not feel any more engaged with it than I do.

Buy the pack if you just want more content, or if you want to build apartments, the rest is just filler in my opinion. Some new traits, animations, apartment events, notifications, rabbit holes and a few lots in a Taiwanese setting.
  • Options
    edited May 22
    I don't like the pet adoption event is random. my game has never prompted the event.
    I would also like to have more than 11 residential rental without facing save corruption issues. I had so many plans but I feel like I can't even play the game because they haven't fixed it or let us know it's safe to do so.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Orange-Exclamation-signs-over-lots-Houses-disappear/m-p/10533991
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    @logion thanks for your little review. I held off from buying the pack at release due to the bugs. Your opinion that there is little outside of the rentals, confirms my impression that there aren't many side features. I would like the world, the kettle, the hopscotch... I would like apartments in more worlds but have no interest in the landlord/Tennant situation. I am waiting for a 50% sale but still unsure if I will get it then. But the bug mentioned by @LeucosiaX is very scary.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    logion thanks for your little review. I held off from buying the pack at release due to the bugs. Your opinion that there is little outside of the rentals, confirms my impression that there aren't many side features. I would like the world, the kettle, the hopscotch... I would like apartments in more worlds but have no interest in the landlord/Tennant situation. I am waiting for a 50% sale but still unsure if I will get it then. But the bug mentioned by LeucosiaX is very scary.

The bug is still there, I got it very early, I had just started playing and tried to place a lot on the 30x20 lot in Tomarang. Placed a lot from the gallery, went back to world view, lot was gone with a ! marker. So the lots seem corrupted. The pack is definitely not worth the trouble until they fix this bug. I can't place any lot in Tomarang now in this save.

Hopefully the new team can fix it.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    I'm concerned about reports that the lot corruption bug has spread to the gallery as well. It's mentioned in the orange exclamation mark thread and it also has this standalone report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Gallery-full-of-potentially-gamebreaking-builds-since-For-Rent/m-p/13662194/highlight/true#M276694

I wish EA would address this issue, even if it's just to clarify how and when it happens. I haven't been able to figure out whether builds uploaded before For Rent came out are safe or not, or whether or not it matters whether the person who downloads the corrupt lot has For Rent. I have saved a few lots to my library recently (since favouriting still doesn't work), but I haven't placed them in a save yet because I'm worried about this issue.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,539 Member
    Gah. I feel like I'll have to keep on top of backing up my saves. I download lots from the Gallery all the time and even though I don't own For Rent (and at this rate, never will - yikes) I still fear corrupted lots. Bother.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,033 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I finally bought the pack because I was bored, I thought that I could write a short review here. Not sure if anyone will read it.

My main criticism is that there is barely anything here in this pack worth talking about, that's the cynical view I have of this pack. You are mostly paying for the main feature which is building and renting out apartments, the rest feels a bit like filler honestly. It's not terrible, the animations for the new traits like for example the cringe trait are pretty well done and CAS and B/B feels well designed like always.

But I am just not feeling it, I think The Sims have a lot of appeal when a pack is new and people are talking about it. I chose to buy this pack later and you kinda stand in the world, look at it and say "that's it? that's what all this fuss was about?" You can spy on people, break into houses and find out secrets but that's just randomized things, tenants will "revolt" and stand outside and shout with the city living demonstration animation and I can't help but just look at it and go "...okay?" I don't feel engaged with this at all.

I am fully aware that I am probably one of the reasons why I don't feel engaged with it but I like to be honest about how I am feeling, if anyone else feels the same as me then I can say that you can buy or not buy this pack whatever you feel like doing, it's not going to matter, you will most likely not feel any more engaged with it than I do.

Buy the pack if you just want more content, or if you want to build apartments, the rest is just filler in my opinion. Some new traits, animations, apartment events, notifications, rabbit holes and a few lots in a Taiwanese setting.

Yeah I agree buy if you want extra stuff. I can’t believe the tiger sanctuary is a rabbit hole. We could have at least one tiger to interact with. It didn’t have to be a real tiger but a fun twist; like a Sims 2 Bigfoot variant or something.

So yeah, due to bugs I’m just using the world, bb items, the new traits, the cringe and nosey are the best two new ones. I replace nearly all the existing lots.

As long as I don’t place or play residential rentals my game is okay. Every time I attempt to load a residential rental then I get lot errors, routing issues, names changed revert back, long lag, having to replace doors and any landlords still get paid erratically, I don’t know if it’s the system or not. Very odd! 😵‍💫

I hope they do fix this pack soon 😢. There’s so much storytelling with rentals.

Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 900 Member
    As much as I want For Rent, I have held off from buying it.
    One, I want to wait on a sale to even get it, which I wait on sales to get most of my stuff.
    Two, I have watched others playing it online, and I have heard about the corruptions that happen, so I am holding off on buying it.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 867 Member
    logion wrote: »

This, sadly, was my exactly feeling/experience once I got the pack and began playing with it (before it started to corrupt my save and i then uninstalled the game for a while :D )
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited June 4
    Well my complaint is the world Tomerang.I play with it today and I am dissapountrd.Most of the world is set dressing and shells.

There is nothing much to do in the world or a new lot to visit

The temple rabbit hole
    The tiger sanctuary rabbit hole
    The fishmarket a rabbit hole.

The world fills less alive
    There is a night market,but most of the stands are set dressing.

It's also weird to see a park for kids .Reusing a pirate playground ship.

In Mt.Komeberi we has the bath house ,a bar or was it a lounge.We also had festivals that help made the world feel alive.
  • Options
    edited June 4
    Well my complaint is the world Tomerang.I play with it today and I am dissapountrd.Most of the world is set dressing and shells.

There is nothing much to do in the world or a new lot to visit

The temple rabbit hole
    The tiger sanctuary rabbit hole
    The fishmarket a rabbit hole.

The world fills less alive
    There is a night market,but most of the stands are set dressing.

It's also weird to see a park for kids .Reusing a pirate playground ship.

In Mt.Komeberi we has the bath house ,a bar or was it a lounge.We also had festivals that help made the world feel alive.

Yeah, I was very disappointed with the rabbit holes in the pack too. The pack does lack people around ( unlike city living ). I have to say I have been placing apartment lots in a test game, and lately have not been having problems with them, I was having problems earlier ( like in March and maybe somewhat later ). But, most of the lots are ones I made. I haven’t experienced the lot corruption yet in my main game. Though in the past I was having problems getting out of some lots. It seems that they have fixed the problem changing lots changing lots to and from residential rentals. Though I still tests my lots for that before I put a residential rental into my main save.

I don’t use mods or CC, so I don’t have to worry about any conflict there.
  • Options
    edited June 9
    I keep getting tenant revolts randomly, the only option I have is to promise better conditions which always seems to fail. And I can't edit the apartment while they are living there.

So the tenant can revolt whenever they want and I have to somehow decorate the apartment and keep it in good shape while not being allowed to edit the apartment in build mode.

Oh and my own landlord started autonomously going outside to protest.

I can't play this game with this reverse logic. What's left? Spying on neighbors or visiting rabbit holes, good luck if you picked the trait "child of the village" because they get a sad buff every day if they don't go outside constantly, I got one when I loaded into the household.

Sorry, I needed to rant about this terrible pack.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 130 Member
    I really wish this pack worked as intended. A bug associated with this pack broke my save so now I'm starting over. This is the first time I've really felt like the pack wasn't worth the money, mostly because it doesn't work as it's supposed to. The world is beautiful but way too small, with too few lots. It should have come with a new boat.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,572 Member
    MomsBusy wrote: »
    I really wish this pack worked as intended. A bug associated with this pack broke my save so now I'm starting over. This is the first time I've really felt like the pack wasn't worth the money, mostly because it doesn't work as it's supposed to. The world is beautiful but way too small, with too few lots. It should have come with a new boat.

I have yet to play a residential rental building because of all the reported bugs. I built a beautiful building but for now it's just sitting there in my game. I agree about needing a new boat, one for multiple sims, like small ferryboat or taxi would have been lovely.