Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Hustle Negative thoughts

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,572 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    So many fires in my Sims' kitchen happening all the time and my Sims have like the highest Cooking skill wat? :open_mouth: I want to enjoy this stuff pack and cooking in-game but whenever I open the Cook... menu it freezes for like 5 seconds :cry:

The cook menu feels slower in my game too. Haven't had any fires yet, though. Wish we could store appliances in the upper cabinets, kitchens feel so cluttered now with all the different appliances on the countertops. My sims usually have small kitchens, so there's not enough space to display them all.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    I am usually not too hard on SPs as it is just items and may pick it up.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,023 Member
    Daiyu wrote: »
    Cooking and gardening is soooo over done. We have so much of that content already!!

I would like some expansion for my artistic sims, the musicians and the painters. A variety musical instruments, and bands!! Not every artist is a painter, what about sculpting and multi-media etc etc. There is so much content that could be created for those types of sims. I hate how they all just paint the same thing over and over and over.... They're ARTISTS!!!

And sporty sims... there's like one sport that every sim has to join as a career. And the career ladder makes absolutely zero sense.

There is just such a lack of variety and attention to details that drives me crazy. For longevity in the game, a variety of career options within the careers would be so welcome. Expanding and paying attention to what we are lacking instead of just churning out ANOTHER kitchen based set.

*SIGH*
    Do you use the paint from reference? That expands what you can paint a lot, and then you can always start a business to sell the paintings to other sims too if you play rotationally.
  • Options
    delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
    edited October 2023
    My big negative thought so far is my sim is eating the prepped food if it gets put in the fridge instead of eating the already cooked food. And no mods to stop this issue at least that I can find. It's very frustrating because it means I have to keep taking it back out. Also sims are putting anything they make with the new small appliances into their inventory. And all the sudden my master chef is setting fire to the stove by cooking a meal she has cooked many times! WTH!?

Update: I did find a mod to fix the eating of prepped foods that LittleMsSam made.
    Post edited by delphy on
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    edited October 2023
    delphy wrote: »
    My big negative thought so far is my sim is eating the prepped food if it gets put in the fridge instead of eating the already cooked food. And no mods to stop this issue at least that I can find. It's very frustrating because it means I have to keep taking it back out. Also sims are putting anything they make with the new small appliances into their inventory. And all the sudden my master chef is setting fire to the stove by cooking a meal she has cooked many times! WTH!?

I'm planning to mod that once I get the pack, but I'm not sure when/whether that will be. I don't feel the urge for more recipes and was never fond of selling tables. I would merely buy it to support the Return Stuff Packs, so I'm still undecided.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 716 Member
    I thought that with the new vending table Sims would buy only one portion of a pizza or one waffle. They don't. They buy the whole plate. Or did I miss something?
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 128 Member
    edited October 2023
    In my gameplay I have seen them buy both single servings and the whole meal.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 716 Member
    edited October 2023
    Deleted
    Post edited by Ziafar on
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think I’ll pass on this pack. I don’t like the CAS or the counters, and I’m not into simulated cooking.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,694 Member
    edited October 2023
    My one complaint with this pack is that all the "new gameplay" is just reskinned existing gameplay, it's basically just new cooking animations plus a sales table (which we already have in multiple packs).
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,033 Member
    The only negatives for me for the new stuff pack are;
    No toasters, electric kettles or toasted sandwich makers.
    We could have a couple of extra tiled floor or wallpaper/tiles options.
    Why are the swatches so restrictive in colours? I would love the ability for custom swatches if a colour wheel isn’t coming.

Regarding electric kettles, Sims Freeplay has one so why can’t Sims 4? 🤷🏼‍♂️🙄.

I will wait for a sale but I’m definitely getting it.

Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    CAS items are decidedly meh from the reviews I've seen. No apron(s) that can simply be an overlay to what sim is already wearing, as in RL. After all these years and cooking type packs/kits still no proper TS2 style food processor. A mixer is not a food processor/blender.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    edited January 28
    There weren't many negative thoughts on Home Chef Hustle (and rightfully so), but I had promised to do a fix for Sims autonomously getting batter, dough and other prepped ingredients as leftovers when I'd get the pack.
    So here we go:

grableftoverfix
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=5
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 100 Member
    I would say the two things I like least about the pack are the sales table and the pizza oven. I'm glad you can sell food via the table, without owning a retail store, but I would prefer to have more options such as a vendor stall, kiosk, or food truck like the eco living beverage bodega truck. The pizza oven should also come in an off the grid brick oven version, for a rustic feel. I'm also surprised it took EA this long to introduce more food retailed appliances. I mean, other than the ice cream and popcorn machines, cooking related gameplay hasn't been expanded upon that much. It also should have come with a wall oven like a culinary school or bakery would have.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,450 Member
    edited March 10
    Another point, the stand is huge as usual, I would like to know why the sims can never use a cart like The Sims FreePlay.

Something smaller like For Rent bonus would be better, it seems more mobile and realistic.

home-chef-hustle-2.png
    exvwfg10.jpg
    TS4_For-Rent_Media-Hero-Tile_16x9_05_EPI.jpg
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    edited March 10
    Another point, the stand is huge as usual, I would like to know why the sims can never use a cart like The Sims FreePlay.

Something smaller like For Rent bonus would be better, it seems more mobile and realistic.

home-chef-hustle-2.png
    exvwfg10.jpg
    TS4_For-Rent_Media-Hero-Tile_16x9_05_EPI.jpg

I wouldn't even mind a version that looks like a plain counter that way we could use it more indoors.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,450 Member
    edited March 10
    It's nice until it starts to rain and break all the appliances.

No option to cover it ?

61mais10.jpg