Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonwood Mills Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,002 Member
    Love the icon for Moonwood Mills.

PoZ4hG1.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I really enjoy the world, so I dont mind it only having 5 lots in that regard. Our occult focused packs have the same amount of lots anyway. But I get a huge kick out of building more grungy, dilapidated environments, and seeing the lots so poor and rundown has got my creative juices flowing. Im gonna have alot of fun building in this world. <3
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,003 Member
    I feel like I'm literally lacking one more small lot in the moonwood collective side of map :sweat_smile: but I will make do with what we have
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,984 Member
    I really enjoy the world, so I dont mind it only having 5 lots in that regard. Our occult focused packs have the same amount of lots anyway. But I get a huge kick out of building more grungy, dilapidated environments, and seeing the lots so poor and rundown has got my creative juices flowing. Im gonna have alot of fun building in this world. <3

I can forgive the lack of lots. It is a gorgeous world and unlike anything else we have. It's unique, or maybe that will be my unpopular opinion. Right now I'm planning for my female werewolf in Henford to link her home there to Moonwood and split time between the two. To me that's werewolf heaven.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

oooooh so the library is same size as the other house lot so you could fit big house there interesting

maybe my library will just move to the empty 30x30 then or maybe i will make things way too complicated and move the bar on 30x30 and library where bar is or... yeah idk man I'll probably shuffle them until idk whats going on anymore
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Was hoping for a lot closer to the lake but I like the look of the world. Looking forward to seeing what the game changers can show of it.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    JestTru wrote: »
    Was hoping for a lot closer to the lake but I like the look of the world. Looking forward to seeing what the game changers can show of it.

would have been epic to live in that cave hill thing too
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    We need more worlds like this I'm in love!! This is my new favorite world! I wouldn't care about how small it is if I didn't like it so much. Now I'm kinda bummed. Maybe one day we can get at least a tartosa size world like this because I wish tons of my sims could live here.
    . And also I hope for more unique individual themed worlds like this!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member

Thanks for sharing the image. Sure, not a lot of lots but there good sizes to run around and dig the ground up.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    Can I just say that James Turner did a fantastic job with all the grungy builds? Especially that 50x40 bar lot... it looks fab! And the library with that open drainage tunnel thingy on the side, he really blended his builds nicely into the surrounding environment.

A big fat two thumbs up indeed!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,416 Member
    My plan is to plop a rental on that empty lot.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    What happens to gameplay if we delete all existing lots?
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022

I would like to know this too. If bar & library are all both essential, then the world is not really workable for me. I wish that we had multifunction lots.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,733 Member
    edited June 2022

My guess is that it will be more difficult to play it, because you do research on being a werewolf at the library and you probably meet other werewolves at the bar. If you remove those then you have to buy the books yourself and find other werewolves in the neighborhood.

I would have liked to play the premades but they seem to live in rabbit holes?
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    My plan is to make a new sim and turn him into Werewolf.. I'll make a old looking home for him on that 30+30 Empty lot...maybe With a small garden, I want to slowly build him up to top to alpha I also know I want him to be in one of the packs but don't know what one....
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    logion wrote: »
    I would have liked to play the premades but they seem to live in rabbit holes?
    The pack hangouts (the trailer for the Wildfangs & I assume the tree for the Moonwood Collective) appear to be rabbit holes. However, I think that most of the premades actually live on that one 40x30 lot.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I want to keep the bar and library for lore, I wonder if you can move them to other lots and keep it? I'd love to build on the 50x40, I kinda want to do a few run down small homes on one lot and it would be perfect for it and have the bar on the empty lot. I hope I won't lose the lore and such if I move it there.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I want to keep the bar and library for lore, I wonder if you can move them to other lots and keep it? I'd love to build on the 50x40, I kinda want to do a few run down small homes on one lot and it would be perfect for it and have the bar on the empty lot. I hope I won't lose the lore and such if I move it there.

I’m not sure how it works in this pack, but Strangerville is specially coded so that any bar/ library in that world will have the special interactions. Hopefully Moonwood Mill is set up the same way.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I like that even though it's a small world they included lots of varying sizes so that you can have one of whatever your preference is.
    James did a wonderful job!
    And despite the world being small the way they did it feels big and engaging. I'm pleased even though I wish I could get more of this lovely world. I understand they put a lot of resources into gameplay!
    Can't wait to see this world with rain and pollution.
    👀

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I wish that there was more variety to TS4 worlds. The environment of Moonwood Falls is already so familiar. How about another city for the new doggos to prowl? That would have made a more interesting story than yet another backwater village. Hopefully, the South African (?) city or Brazilian seaside village from that old survey will make an appearance someday. Those are environments that we haven't seen yet.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I foresee myself struggling to build this new world actually
    I tried to plan some in glimmerbrook
    but I realized that since werewolves struggle to rampage on complicated staircases (or so it seemed on livestream)
    I might want to avoid those and therefore having one floor only would be ideal...
    but also I never build one floor only houses :sweat_smile: especially not big ones

aaand I kinda want howling balconies
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Hmm. My thoughts for the 30x30 is a shared home for those scruffy-fighty wolf pack, since I suspect the actual premade home will be the more friendlier wolf-pack. And by home, I mean a tent and then slowly adding things as time goes on.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member

I’m not sure how it works in this pack, but Strangerville is specially coded so that any bar/ library in that world will have the special interactions. Hopefully Moonwood Mill is set up the same way.

Thanks, that makes me slightly optimistic. Was just wondering if the right NPC bartender and librarian would show up if I moved the lots or if it's random. The largest lot of taken up by the relatively small bar and I have my eyes on it for a build myself if it's definitely fine to move it.