Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonwood Mills Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I also just really like poorer/starter/middle class gameplay more than like "mansions"--I don't play rich families often unless somehow my legacy hits paydirt. Gimme grunge and dirt! I love it.

Same. I have very few wealthy sims. And I only level their career to the point that I feel fits their story, so a lot of my sims never reach the top of their career ladder.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I would really love to know the lot sizes so I can get on with obsessively building and rebuilding houses to replace the ones already there.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I know it's been confirmed James Turner helped build for this new world but do we know who else? I don't think lilsimsie said anything.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,430 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I know it's been confirmed James Turner helped build for this new world but do we know who else? I don't think lilsimsie said anything.

Lilsimsie.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Cinebar the Livestream is next Friday 6/10. Hopefully your questions will be answered. I'm sure the Gurus will also drop more tidbits before then. 🙂

Thanks! I've waited years on werewolves. I said I'm undecided since I don't like the lack of 'fur' textures but if they turn out as detailed in abilities as Vampires and I like the world I may lean more toward finally buying a pack I have been waiting on forever....lol

and there will be cc fur at some point @Cinebar
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Lilsimsie.

Where did you get this information? Because lilsimsie herself only said, and I quote: "So they did work with creators to build the lots, that makes me feel a lot better", after reading that James Turner built at least one of the lots. That suggests that she had nothing to do with it.

https://youtu.be/UR-Lp5XiCxM?t=554

(Starting at 09:14, in case the timestamp doesn't work.)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Thank you for confirming @GrumpyGlowfish @EternalSunshine ... that was my question. :blush:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,430 Member
    edited June 2022

My Bad. I hope Dr Asheley was the other game changer who built in this world. She's a great builder.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,596 Member
    I will say the one thing Im worried about for MM - while 5 lots for a gamepack makes sense, for a gamepack that's seemingly going to have more new premades than vampires; I am concerned that the lots are all going to be filled or near filled. One of the biggest downsides to gameplay worlds is that they're often too small but really cool and I really wish there was a way to expand them or duplicate them or something. Some places like Strangerville can work with Oasis Springs cause the locations are similar enough but others? Idk.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    I've counted all the happenings in Moonwood Mills & there's not going to be much room for residential lots because there's the local Library, 2 different Alpha Packs hangouts & the local outdoor vendor bar park. That just only leaves 1 residential lot left.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,441 Member
    edited June 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've counted all the happenings in Moonwood Mills & there's not going to be much room for residential lots because there's the local Library, 2 different Alpha Packs hangouts & the local outdoor vendor bar park. That just only leaves 1 residential lot left.

I think the hangouts are rabbitholes, trailer house type buildings. The library I really hope it's a fancy name for a bar because middle of the woods, among logging factories is no place for a library.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    I hope so. I so want want some of my "fake" Werewolves (Vampires) to live in Moonwood Mills.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think the hangouts are rabbitholes, trailer house type buildings. The library I really hope it's a fancy name for a bar because middle of the woods, among logging factories is no place for a library.

And I'm not sure if the bus bar is actually on a lot, or if it is just placed in the world like the Realm of magic vendors.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I feel like the Murkland community would have been good picks for building in this pack.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    Thetford wrote: »

And I'm not sure if the bus bar is actually on a lot, or if it is just placed in the world like the Realm of magic vendors.

I’m unsure about that too. But they mentioned that James Turner was the one that did the bar lot.
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I wish the mills and the graffiti walls around the world weren't world decorations, so we could have a world fully in the woods if we'd want to.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Thetford wrote: »

I’m unsure about that too. But they mentioned that James Turner was the one that did the bar lot.

I believe they mentioned he made the bunker lot, though it is unknown if that is a bar, hangout, library house etc. I'm assuming that the bar bus is something that isn't on a lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Elisdream wrote: »
    I wish the mills and the graffiti walls around the world weren't world decorations, so we could have a world fully in the woods if we'd want to.

I am DYING for this!!!

YO, MAXIS!

Where is my FOREST NEWCREST, AY??? :D

Nothin' but nature.. sigh, the dream,,

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,694 Member

I am DYING for this!!!

YO, MAXIS!

I want this, too. A blank, empty natural world.
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    I see dirt roads! <3 I'm loving this world honestly, lol
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I'll be using Evergreen Harbor, Granite Falls, and Glimmerbrook as adjacent worlds to Moonwood Mill personally.

I suspect I will, too, although the tricky part for me is that I have always felt like Granite Falls was more like the Appalachian Mountains... like the Catskills, or the Smokies... than the Rocky Mountains or Pacific Northwest.

I always thought Granite Falls was the one Sims 4 world made after a real place?
    https://www.seattlenorthcountry.com/visitor-regions/stilly-sauk-valleys/granite-falls/

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I'll be using Evergreen Harbor, Granite Falls, and Glimmerbrook as adjacent worlds to Moonwood Mill personally.

I suspect I will, too, although the tricky part for me is that I have always felt like Granite Falls was more like the Appalachian Mountains... like the Catskills, or the Smokies... than the Rocky Mountains or Pacific Northwest.

I always thought Granite Falls was the one Sims 4 world made after a real place?
    https://www.seattlenorthcountry.com/visitor-regions/stilly-sauk-valleys/granite-falls/

• Options
    cyncie wrote: »

I am DYING for this!!!

YO, MAXIS!

I want this, too. A blank, empty natural world.

I don't even care if they made it a kit. Nothing but that. Empty world, just nature, no pavement in site, at least 15 lots.
    I would buy it.