Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Us a House! A Favorites contest.

mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
My Wilder Family needs a new house.

00.jpg

Their Shipping container home isn't working out for them anymore. I need your help. :

Unlimited Budget
Girly Art Studio for mom with a reading nook.
Dad is a business man and needs a manly office. He also owns his own used car dealership, loves to watch sports and goes jogging every morning.
The boys are sports fans who love to swim
This house can't be larger than 30 x 30.
No more than 2 floors and please not too many shelves Mrs. Wilder is a doctor and just doesn't have time to clean up dishes all over the house.
On 6/19 I will pick my favorite and their house will be featured on my Sims Forum activity feed with a link to their house and the winner's name/link to your gallery.
Sims 4 builds only please.
Any style build just no giant rockets on the rooftop or anything like that.

Will you help them find their forever home?
momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm game. :)
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention NOCC or mods.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    Oh I forgot to mention NOCC or mods.

lol. I am still up for the challenge even if I like my CC. Good of you to have said that before I start!

• Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I'll give this try!!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    I am definitely up for the challenge!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    You little boys are so adorable! <3
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Aww thanks! I am quite attached to them. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    Had a fairly busy day today. I will work on it in the morning!
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    cool sims
  • Options
    @jaysim88 thanks! :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    Here's my house for your family @mommataurus2

It's a single level on a 30x20 lot. I included the girlie art studio, dad's manly office, and a pool for the boys. I also took in to consideration that you didn't want a lot of clutter. :)

06-16-15_11-18nbspPM-3_zps9ycgksud.png

06-16-15_11-19nbspPM-3_zpsqy24vd1z.png

06-16-15_11-19nbspPM-2_zpsllv1pd90.png

06-16-15_11-19nbspPM_zpsqx9vepli.png

06-16-15_11-17nbspPM_zpsjmofkndk.png
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    I'd like to give this a shot. I'm already getting ideas.
  • Options
    Should have my house up tonight. Just finishing it up!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Home Sweet Home
    Front
    28MkTww.png
    Back
    CGrgi1l.png
    First Floor
    ggfwmir.png
    Second Floor
    ySzvr4s.png
    Parents Room
    vRHjgP2.png
    Art Studio
    hsRYUj0.png
    Living Room
    acsn5IK.png
    Kitchen
    zTCkNcN.png
    Boys Room
    TB06Yeu.png
    suMJm48.png
    Office
    DsasDj1.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Love what you guys have posted so far! Gonna be a tough choice for sure! Just a reminder the favorites contest ends Tomorrow night (6/19) at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    I'm too new to make any links in comments or post pictures, but I've uploaded my efforts to the gallery. The important bit of the gallery link is www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/607B5DA2158F11E58E8A5B853BDCAA65?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Xinqun&max=25

It's called "Prairie House" (by Xinqun), and it's inspired by my recollections of some Frank Lloyd Wright's "prairie" house designs: low ceilings, wide eaves, very artsy-craftsy. Mom's reading nook boasts a fireplace, as does Dad's office. The idea of a reading nook made me think of these fireplace nooks that I seem to recall were very popular once: cosy little places where it's just you, the fire, and a comfy seat. And I interpreted "manly" as "old boys' club, cigars and brandy, and heavy wood panelling". I'm pretty pleased with the result; and I had fun just cutting loose with an unlimited budget.

Also, I only just realised that I made a prairie house for a family named Wilder. Coincidence?
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    I have only just seen this. Will try and get something done tonight.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Xinqun wrote: »
    I'm too new to make any links in comments or post pictures, but I've uploaded my efforts to the gallery. The important bit of the gallery link is www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/607B5DA2158F11E58E8A5B853BDCAA65?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Xinqun&max=25

It's called "Prairie House" (by Xinqun), and it's inspired by my recollections of some Frank Lloyd Wright's "prairie" house designs: low ceilings, wide eaves, very artsy-craftsy. Mom's reading nook boasts a fireplace, as does Dad's office. The idea of a reading nook made me think of these fireplace nooks that I seem to recall were very popular once: cosy little places where it's just you, the fire, and a comfy seat. And I interpreted "manly" as "old boys' club, cigars and brandy, and heavy wood panelling". I'm pretty pleased with the result; and I had fun just cutting loose with an unlimited budget.

Also, I only just realised that I made a prairie house for a family named Wilder. Coincidence?

The shell of this house made my jaw drop! I will download it today and check it out....

don't be discouraged everyone! Keep those entries coming! But Xinqun this one sure did impress me.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    I think I could do something like that, though possibly not with imgur. I have my own website and I could put up a temporary page with pictures. Shouldn't take more than an hour, probably less.
  • Options
    Xinqun wrote: »
    I think I could do something like that, though possibly not with imgur. I have my own website and I could put up a temporary page with pictures. Shouldn't take more than an hour, probably less.

No need. I downloaded your house and took a look. Stunning decor. Very true to the style. And the model in the painting room was a nice touch.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    Ah, thanks. I was just realising that I don't have (or don't know) the means on this computer (it's new) to upload anything.

I'm glad you like it! But the day's not over yet, and there's still a lot of talent out there.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    What a fun contest! I am sorry I won't be able to participate. Next time!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    I really want to, I love bulding for other people, too bad I can't share pics here. But I really want to..so. Maybe if i just upload it with the name "Wilder Family Residence" or something? Is that okay?
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @psykt Yes that is fine. And yes @Xinqun is absolutely correct! There is alot of talent out there so keep those ideas coming! My daughter has agreed to help me judge the houses. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif