Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Home series:Links on page 1 and Last Eco home on page 38: The Commune

Comments

• Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh, gotcha.
    Will have to try that.

Am I the only person that draws out their houses on grid paper when they wake up in the middle of the night with an idea? Or is it just me?

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    LovenharmonyLovenharmony Posts: 100 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm not realy a fan of the contemporary look, but I do like this build! Very chic! Good job peacemaker_ic!
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the tip Peace :), I haven't yet mastered that tool yet....I only just managed to do the foundation on a roof thing with the Help of Sparkle lol. I have so many moderns I wanted to do and needed it I had to force myself hehe. I wanted them to look like what you have just knocked up in a few mins sigh.....I shall persevere and get it done lol!

I think she may have gone to bed...as it's all quiet on the Anju front atm!
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2009
    i don't exactly do that but when i changed from TS2 to TS3 i got an A3 graph pad and got a copy of it. when i have a really got basic plan i jot that down as well.

Allium i thought i would ask. she is still signed in. if you do need help with an aspect of a modern build don't hesitate to ask. i might be able to help. i think it just takes practice. a good house doesn't necessarily get built in a day but if you heart and soul (maybe a little over the top) has been put into it and you are proud of it then it was worth the time

Loveharmony: i am glad i have appealed to a wider audience thankyou.

i am so red in the face by all the flattering comments :oops:
  • Options
    billydillybillydilly Posts: 577 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Nice house!

Just one small tiny thing. There is no door to the bedroom unless you go outside. Is it meant to be like that?

EDIT: I downloaded it thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i don't exactly do that but when i changed from TS2 to TS3 i got an A3 graph pad and got a copy of it. when i have a really got basic plan i jot that down as well.

Allium i thought i would ask. she is still signed in. if you do need help with an aspect of a modern build don't hesitate to ask. i might be able to help. i think it just takes practice. a good house doesn't necessarily get built in a day but if you heart and soul (maybe a little over the top) has been put into it and you are proud of it then it was worth the time

Loveharmony: i am glad i have appealed to a wider audience thankyou.

i am so red in the face by all the flattering comments :oops:

You deserve all the comments peace! I think it takes talent to make things that are so simple and clean and look amazing.
    And thank you for your offer of help :D I have done a few modern builds one uploaded but one I can't get to upload on the exchange ( :evil: ) an Art gallery which I am quite proud of ...pics here if your interested http://www.siminteriordesigns.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=6561642it actually has a tiny bit of CFE which I managed completely by accident and quickly stopped! lol
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    billydilly: because the house is small and the rear doors are close to one another i thought it would be nice. it would take about the same time if i put in a hallway.

allium: now thats what i call an art gallery. i like the shade of purple. is that eggplant? i also saw the CFE walls. very nice.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    billydilly: because the house is small and the rear doors are close to one another i thought it would be nice. it would take about the same time if i put in a hallway.

allium: now thats what i call an art gallery. i like the shade of purple. is that eggplant? i also saw the CFE walls. very nice.

Thanks :D What's not to like about eggplant/aubergine!? Shall we start a fanclub.....lol. Looked at your studio you have some lovely builds in there :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thankyou. my favourite house is actually the cliffside. i spent a lot of time on that one. i will go take a look at yours too.

i have photos to show. Yippee!!!

i Name the The Solanum

Screenshot-9-1.jpg

Screenshot-8-1.jpg

Screenshot-6-1.jpg

Screenshot-7-1.jpg

Screenshot-10-1.jpg

and here is the exterior fully landscaped.
    Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-13.jpg

i am at the stage of playtesting. should have it up tomorrow. i am having so much fun with this design.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hey allium just wanted to let you know i went through and rec'd your homes. my favourite is the micro home.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hey allium just wanted to let you know i went through and rec'd your homes. my favourite is the micro home.

Aww thanks! *whispers I didn't build the shell though ;) ):D

I am LOVING the interiors you have done the cream, white and Aubergine Kitchen Diner...wow! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    my favourite part is the feature tiles. i didn't think the rock pattern would looks so good in eggplant!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    my favourite part is the feature tiles. i didn't think the rock pattern would looks so good in eggplant!

The kitchen ones? If so - I totally agree they pop out in a good way :). I can see I need to send someone to break your mouse finger...you work too fast :p bah!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i am having a break now. playtesting can be so tedious :x

i am making it fun though. i love the childish trait

Screenshot-16.jpg

Screenshot-18.jpg

:lol::mrgreen::lol::mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    LMAO!!!
  • Options
    TnT_TJTnT_TJ Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2009
    Very cool design, exceptional decorating and some truly creative details :oD. Definitely worth a rec!
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2009
    LOL, PM!!!!

I love how you changed your avatar's outfit to match the eggplant house! Despite the fact that I can't stomach eggplant, the color goes really really well with that cream! I love it!!!

And I did eventually fall asleep!!! I spy a PM or 2 I need to respond from Alli!

/me goes off to do that.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    great to see you back anju. guest what?

The solanum is up. it am happy with this series. there is a lot i can do. hopefully it wont get buried quickly :(

so here is the link. i am putting it on the front page as well for new visitors.

http://au.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=923437

any comments would be great. if you are new the photos for the Aurora are on page one and the photos of the Solanum are on page four.
    there will be more to come in this series and i hope you all stay tuned.
  • Options
    Bubby189Bubby189 Posts: 1,999 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I sooo love that house. Anything eco friendly and I'm there! Congrats on the beautiful build! :D:D Recommended
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thankyou bubbly. i love this sort of design so much. i can't wait to get started on my next build. i think i might use bondi blue. very fitting i think.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    anju isn't here to bump so will have to do it. Bump :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ok to help this thread from getting buried i will post a pic of part 3 in this series. it is a three bedroom luxury eco-home. i hope you enjoy

Screenshot-21.jpg

(P.S. i like red and i just had to include it in the series. it is bright, just the way i like it :D )
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Looking great Peace! I have gone a rec'd it! Btw the interiors are so lovely have you thought about changing more of the pics on the exchange as well as the cover?

This also acts as a stealth bump!
    :D

Now I do ADORE the colours so far...but I need sunglasses for that red lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i was considering changing the other pics but i have to figure out how. i am not sure what png's in the package file needs to be changed. also do you know why some houses on the exchange show furniture and others (like mine) don't?

the colour is called venetian red. very bright 8)

i think after landscaping it will tone done a bit. i think red is very contraversial but i guess i like it because it is the colour of bravery, passion lust and so on. i also notice that the colours seem darker in game than my pics :?
    that first house was actually orange but ended up looking like yellow

i think i will call this home The Venetian after the shade of red i used.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It's easy to change the other pics... I am not at the right machine atm, but you know how you change the 'PNG 000000000 Large' for the cover shot? If you sort by name, under that you are looking for the 'PNG 0000000001 Large', you should then see ground level walls down on the image?(which is the next one on the series when viewed on the exchange). You can import your new image and commit in the same way you do the cover. Then the next one would be 'PNG 000000002 large' and then '00000003 Large'. If in doubt, make sure you double check the image before changing anything :) and have a copy of the file just in case!

Now be careful you don't add too many and it doesn't upload - I have trouble uploading files over 4mb but I don't know whether you do? So keep an eye on that :) I know some people change all the remaining 'floor level' pics to white to cut the size when they have replaced some. - Hope this makes sense? :)

If you are happy with the red the go for it! The Venetian is a good name too :).

Enjoy and keep us posted! :)