Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Home series:Links on page 1 and Last Eco home on page 38: The Commune

Comments

• Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2009
    sparkle i have bad news. dark green isn't looking promising. its getting hard to make it look modern or flowing. here is a picture. i will try for a little more to see if i can get a combination but if i can not i am going to have to choose a different colour.

Screenshot-34.jpg

this is forest green. to me it looks a little off with cream. i have also tried white but there is too much glare. any help would be great but i have a feeling that i might have to change the colour.
  • Options
    stuartjames3011stuartjames3011 Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yipeeee! This one is looing exciting! Can't wait to see more! Is this the bottle green, then?

Allium - sorry I missed your good night a few nights ago! Was bushed after the JasonMazda project.

PM - DL, Rec, Fav and addition to my new Eco Town! ;o)

PS. I so used to play lego, too! And also built houses! lol
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    oh sorry bottle green. forest green is a lot darker :D

i am not sure how well this colour looks. its confusing. i might just take a break for now. let my mind clear. i think that would be good.
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Morning!

Looks lovely PM, The planting looks perfect, lush and the flowers weren't needed and a pond!! Yay! I also think your spot on with the Lime green only being used as smaller accent colours :D, its fab!

I love the wallpapers you have used again lol :D, I have one of them already its lovely!. I reckon there is only one thing I'd change....and it's only a teeeny thing! The trim on a couple of the rugs , either neutral like the dining one or needs to be toned down a little. See only a tiny thing!

I am tempted to make a simmy couple for this one! :D

Shussh.... Don't tell Sparkle and Stu, it hard to stop her bouncing around as it is!

*edit* Ack 2 of you sneaked in as I typed this LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Go take a break lol PM! Poor overworked eco soul!

I used to play with lego too......The 'old school' stuff lol none of this fancy modern already made for you stuff ;)
    *waves* at Stu! yes I gather you had to get it done quickly ;), you did a great job btw! I hope you will join us on S.I.D on some requests now? Especially after I saw that AMAZING red modern interior you did! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    do you mean the interior of the venentian?

when i get some time i will have to head over. i still think i have a lot to learn when it comes to interior designing.

i am surfing the web at the moment waiting for tea time. not long now. what do you think of the green above? i am not sure about it :?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I mean't Stu's that he is posting over at Fid's thread lol, but you know I adore all your interiors, I still think the aubergine is my fave, just by a gnats lol!

Hmmmk those pics wern't there a minite ago I swear lol!

I agree it doesn't seem to work like that yet.

Perhaps you could try darker, so the shadow tone is the lightest tone....would that look better?

:)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Allium! Morning Cherub! You make me blush! Thanks for your lovely comments. I would love to get more involved with S.I.D. - I do find that site incredibly complicated. All I wanna do is get involved, but not sure how.

PM - take a break when you need to. Personally I love that green (on the double storey). It's one of my favourite colours, probably a close second to purple. So with Alli on the purple house. ;o))
  • Options
    ricslady99ricslady99 Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi PM - I just gave your Tahitian a well deserved rec. Great job as always. BTW - I stole your landscaping idea - it works great with moderns. Def your forte :)

Allium - thanks for the comment on my thread. I've been waiting for it to get buried to reply. The kitchen is my favorite.

Stu - I may just have to get you in on decorating some of my lots.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    no way, Jose (ricslady99!) you are so good all on your own!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Stu - Yay! :D

Ricslady99 - No problem you have done a great job!!! :D I shall try and find the thread to see if you need a bump! :)

All Simmers - Don't you think you need a coloured eco home for your neighbourhood?! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited August 2009
    Just popping in to say sorry for not being around today to answer your question PM :( You're right that that green doesn't work but it isn't quite the colour I was thinking of, it's both brighter and lighter than what I had in mind. I'll pop into the game at some point and see if I can find a hex code for you if you like? Though it won't be tonight as I've been out travelling and at a BBQ all day and it's now appoaching 9:30pm. I definitely want to see you continue this particular build though, even if it is with a different colour for the moment (a dark sea green/blue might look nice, like the colour I have on the bedspreads in my beach hut... I can find that hex for you as well if you want?) I like the two storey look and what to see how you finish it up :)

Hey Allium! I like bouncing!
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    all very quite in here....

Happy bouncing Sparkle!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    sorry for not responding that quick. i have been in classes and laboratories all day today. its been full on.

i think i have found a colour sparkle but if you can find a dark one i will definitely use it. i think i might stick with one main bright colour. i did try but they tended to clash to much on the outside. what i might do though is have two two story builds, one a lighter green close to bottle green and one darker green/blue when you are able to get a hex code. it you can find one that works with the cream or yellow cream that would be great and keeping with the theme i have established.

it is very quiet her stu isn't it. i hear echos but i thought it was just me :shock:
    i wanted also to say that i think you are great at interior designing. i could learn a thing or two from you. my weak spot i believe in my mediocre (i call it that because it is way off fully developed yet) decorating is children's rooms. i just don't know what to put in them. it is just going to have to take some experimenting.
    All Simmers - Don't you think you need a coloured eco home for your neighbourhood?!

thankyou allium for the mention. i think the homes are doing ok. i don't expect for them to get over 1000 downloads as they have a lot of store content but they have been downloaded at least 300 times. one is even about 700! i also think you should design a family for the Tahitian. i would love to see how they look. they would either be rich snobs who like the high life or rich hippies who love the nature (we have a lot of rich hippies in Byron bay. they kind of hung around after the 60's now they are filthy rich from the price of there properties skyrocketing because of the location! who knew? rich hippies :? )

ricslady thankyou for the rec. very much appreciated. also with the garden i seem to have inspired a lot of people. from cody to jasonmazda. i am glad i have triggered that little light bulb in your head. do you know what? this would be my favourite garden as it has the dry waterfall. i think it sets it off nicely.

i will upload a pic of the new colour i have chosen and get some responces for it. i will also investigate some darker tones for a new two story home after this one is complete. i will try to stop in tomorrow to try and update and bump the thread so keep your eyes open for it.

thankyou all who have replied as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ok i have a pic of the new colour. it has a little more blue in it and resembles what i think is bottle green. i think it goes better with cream. i hope stu this colour is ok but i find green one of the hardest colours to match up.

Screenshot-17.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hi peace!

I think that green looks much better :)! Also the extra bits you have done - it looks great :)

I was going to ask whether you had uploaded the Tahitian as you hadn't said? Then thought how Dozy I am, as I can just go to your studio, and Voila! There it is lol, Obviously dropped you a rec :) I am not at my Sims3 machine but I'll DL it tonight and make a cool couple for it :) and post you some pics! If only they had a pooch to wander around too.... !

Isn't it interesting on the number of DL's what appeals to the majority?
    As it stands in order of DL's ...

The Aurora (yellow/orange) 722
    The seabreeze (Turquoise) 720
    The Tahitian (Lime) 480
    The Venetian (red) 434
    The Solanum (Aubergine/eggplant) 378

I still think I like the Solanum best lol!

P.s. I don't know whether you hadn't done it yet (so forgive me) on the new Green one, but the yellow wood on the exterior clashes a bit to me :) ?

• Options
    edited August 2009
    yeah i noticed the yellow clashing as well. i did lighten it up. i find cream clashes so i did the lightest cream/yellow i could. here is an updated picture.

Screenshot-11-2.jpg

also an update. the inside is finished and as you can see i have outlined the gardens so all i need to do is raise some areas to create some height and plant it out. should take about 1/2 hour. playtesting these doesn't take very long as well because they are spacious with very little items interfering with one another but i think i will upload tomorrow after my classes and labs. i will probably start sparkles home tomorrow if she finds a nice dark shade of green otherwise i will search for one that meets the requirements.

allium feel free also to post the family here when you finish. it will be nice to see a family using it. if you did want the exact hex code for the colour it is #a7fc00. it isn't exactly lime green but is called spring bud. they very ever so slightly the difference is negligible.
  • Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm back to the thread with a new avatar, recognise me...Cool new double story lot for your series wicked. I think it would be cool if the white roof part was lower or high, I think a stone one or an evil one or maybe even a wooden one... I have a lot of ideas. How do you get the different heights of the roof, I experimented with my cerulean vogue satrter.. I managed to do it on a single story but when I tried a double story it just made things unaccecable and stuff. Do you have a tutorial or instructions similar so I can make a lot... not like yours but with similar properties. I hope you can help...

also how did you get the windows so small
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    PM! I am loving this one!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    (whispers to jason)

it the glass fencing. allows me to get rid of that horrible floating ceiling. thats why the walls are that height to match the height of the fencing so it doesn't stick out :mrgreen:

with the height adjustment i use the basics from nevar's split level tutorial but customize it to use the glass fencing. to get it to the height of the glass fencing i first make a hole by going down 3 stair heights. i level it out a little by using the level terrain tool.
    then i take the raise terrain tool, the smallest setting and reduce it to minimum. after that i carefully raise an the area by 2 small clicks or one large one. when you experiment with it you notice that you can control it somewhat and achieve this.
    i then put the foundation on the raised area and then three wall levels. i then activate the CFE cheat and level the ceiling to the correct height. make sure you have the ceiling covered first in a flooring.
    then i turn off the cheat and remove the part of the wall i am replacing with the glass fencing. you notice that dummy level is no longer dark and i then place in the fencing and i am finished

what i can do also with the next build i do i will take some pictures to make a tutorial for you and everybody else. the fencing when used right looks like windows and hopefully a temporary solution to the floating ceiling issue. if EA reads this please address this issue. it can be quite frustrating.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    stu you **** in on me while i was typing :mrgreen:

well if you like the unfinished pics you are gonna love (hopefully :? ) the finished home. here are the final pictures.

ground level entry:
    Screenshot-7-3.jpg

kitchen:
    Screenshot-3-2.jpg
    Screenshot-4-2.jpg

living room:
    Screenshot-2-2.jpg

ground level guest room:
    Screenshot-5-3.jpg

guest bathroom:
    Screenshot-6-3.jpg

Upper level, master bedroom:
    Screenshot-10-3.jpg

third bedroom:
    Screenshot-9-3.jpg

study:
    Screenshot-8-3.jpg

now the outside, dining area:
    Screenshot-14-1.jpg

porch:
    Screenshot-15-2.jpg

the rear garden at night:
    Screenshot-13-2.jpg
    during the day:
    Screenshot-16-2.jpg

the front at night:
    Screenshot-12-1.jpg
    and during the day:
    Screenshot-17-1.jpg

stu and everyone i hope you like the 6th installment and hopefully there is more to come. it will be uploaded tomorrow after playtesting
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Peacemaker,
    I just want to tell you how much I love these homes! You really have this style mastered, and the clean lines and bold color choices are so refreshing to me! I also really like the look you've given the cabinets. They fit the look perfectly. I think my favorite still might be that first yellow one. I just love the sunny color throughout.

Really nice work!
    Addict
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thankyou so much addict. that means a lot coming from you. i don't think i have been complemented this much before like i have in this thread :oops:

i also have to say that although the other homes are lovely and unique in there own way the original home that started it all will be hard to beat. it is the design at its simplest.

how is the BnS challenge going this week? i was going to enter but i couldn't find a school and i am still caught up in this series. i could have done my university but not a lot of people would know it. also i would probably need a 100x100 lot to do it properly :shock:

that reminds me i wonder how chase's beach home series is going. i much go check in on it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I shall have to take on a Sparkle phrase! bounce up and down!

Excellent work, as usual! Love it! (might need to replace some of those couches with the modern ones, if you don't mind, in your hood)

Upload it!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    go ahead but i thought i would try to appeal to the people who don't have the sets. i think it would look even better with the ultra lounge set in its place. man i love those sofas! it is getting playtested as we speak so it should hopefully be up tomorrow once i get home from uni. so that should be around 10-12 you time maybe? not sure on time zones.