Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Notice Everyone no Snow in Oasis Springs. (closed)

Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
I tried to get the snow to stick with the weather machine, but it won't stick in Oasis Springs. The weather machine is climate locked so you can make it snow but you where never be able to make it snow in the desert and stick and that is just wrong so I am abonding Oasis Springs and I will pretend it don't exist anymore.

Thanks A lot EA not every desert does not get snow, that is a stereotype that is not true. I live in a desert and we get at least a 1-2 inches from December to March. I tried to make it snow with the weather machine and stick it just warms the temperature up to cool so snow never sticks.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
Post edited by Sid1701D9 on

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Then again, if there was snow in Oasis ,you'd have a bunch of people saying "OMG THERE'S SNOW IN THE DESERT PLUM EA CAN'T EVEN GET WEATHER RIGHT!!!1!!!!1!!!" I know there are occasionally snow flurries on the higher levels, but I guess they figured the world's near the flatlands. If you want snow, go visit Windenburg or one of the other worlds -- probably plenty enough snow there (I'm still in fall -- playing on 2 week seasons, and have been really busy with some projects).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I wish there was an option to have snow in oasis springs.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Its the desert do you really expect snow?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I love Oasis Springs. It's great even without snow.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member

Yes, I do just because its a desert doesn't mean desert don't get snow.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,987 Member
    I lived in a desert for about twenty yesrs. And though it didn’t snow often, we had a blizzard of snow a couple of times, and the desert looks beautiful covered in snow.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,987 Member

Yes, it actually does snow in the desert once in awhile, if it is an upper desert....Joshua tree’s look beautiful covered in snow! And the desert I live in was much colder in the winter than the green agricultural town I live in now.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    does it rain in OS?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Then again, if there was snow in Oasis ,you'd have a bunch of people saying "OMG THERE'S SNOW IN THE DESERT PLUM EA CAN'T EVEN GET WEATHER RIGHT!!!1!!!!1!!!" I know there are occasionally snow flurries on the higher levels, but I guess they figured the world's near the flatlands. If you want snow, go visit Windenburg or one of the other worlds -- probably plenty enough snow there (I'm still in fall -- playing on 2 week seasons, and have been really busy with some projects).

Yeah I being one of those people.
    I just don't think Oasis Springs is one of those worlds, that I don't should have snow. Unless they made filters to make it appear colder. otherwise it just looks hot it just doesn't fit. I know it snows in the mountainous parts of Palm Springs, and some deserts do freeze over night and melt by day, Again Oasis Springs just isn't that world. I see it as the world that ought to be having brush fires.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    How dramatic.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Wasn’t the tag line of Sims 4 “you rule”? Where are the players options with this? I love playing in Oasis Springs, but without snow i am not able to play there. Anyone who says “go visit X, Y, Z” misses the point, and enables the removal of options from the player. Maxis should patch in snow for Oasis Springs, or an option to enable snow cover for that world. This is a video game, not every design has to be ripped from the real world. Neither Sims 2 nor 3 eliminated these options from the players!
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    I like that there is one world I can play in if I want a winter without snow.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Wasn’t the tag line of Sims 4 “you rule”? Where are the players options with this? I love playing in Oasis Springs, but without snow i am not able to play there. Anyone who says “go visit X, Y, Z” misses the point, and enables the removal of options from the player. Maxis should patch in snow for Oasis Springs, or an option to enable snow cover for that world. This is a video game, not every design has to be ripped from the real world. Neither Sims 2 nor 3 eliminated these options from the players!
    They make too many decisions for us in this game version instead of leaving the choice for us.

What they should have done is have a tick box option for each world, so that we can set which weather we want in those worlds. Yes, this is supposed to be a game where we rule and I am not seeing that on a lot of occasions.

Personally, I am not bothered about seeing snow in the desert, but we should all have the choice.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    No snow in OS because the temperature is too high. But I noticed there was a different weather during Winter, it rained more and it seemed to be a bit more chilly.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    No snow in OS because the temperature is too high. But I noticed there was a different weather during Winter, it rained more and it seemed to be a bit more chilly.

The temperature is artificial, they could have made snow cover possible in OS. Willow Creek is inspired by a part of the US that rarely gets snow (New Orleans, LA), but in the game it gets tons of snow.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I'm one of those who thinks the player should be able to decide what worlds get what measures of weather. I understand OP's frustration completely...however -- I do also understand why EA did it this way.

I just disagree with it. Each individual player should decide what type(s) of weather happen in which world.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 787 Member
    edited July 2018

It's pretty much "EA creates,EA controls,EA rules." It makes me wish a good game company such as GameFreak or Konami had bought out Maxis instead of EA..I betcha GameFreak or one of those other companies would of done a much better job on Sims 4.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Has anyone actually ever seen Oasis Springs covered in snow? It might be possible that Maxis never made a snow-covered version of Oasis Springs.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Just what I was about to say. Give the player the choice. I’m tired of playing how I’m told.
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    The first snow I saw in my game was in Oasis Springs. It was only flurries (or sunsnow? or both?), it wasn't sticking to the ground. Still, my sim reacted to the first snow for the first time there in Oasis Springs. :D
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I love how they made weather different in each world and varying from year to year. I also like that there's one world where it doesn't snow and it makes most sense for Oasis Springs to be that world. The choices we were given in TS2 were great too, but I'm not sure how well they would fit the system we got. There would need to be several options for each world, like snows every winter, snows sometimes, doesn't snow at all etc. It does seem a bit complicated without giving up the variety.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    well..that does make sense, it's the desert. Snow in a desert is kinda rare or just doesn't happen at all.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Don't forget kids - Antarctica is a desert!
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Don't forget kids - Antarctica is a desert!

Yes, but keep in mind that it's classified that way because it doesn't snow very often there.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top