Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evolving too slow and grafted plants not happening after gardening patch

Comments

• Options
    thisgurlacarlathisgurlacarla Posts: 1 New Member
    i need help as in trying to fix my game this is really getting me stuck in one place but i can not save and exit my game i am useing mc command center and i really have tryed alot of stuff but trying to take away broken mods i can not figure out which is broken or not my game works perfectly but the only thing is i can not save my game at all any help?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    i need help as in trying to fix my game this is really getting me stuck in one place but i can not save and exit my game i am useing mc command center and i really have tryed alot of stuff but trying to take away broken mods i can not figure out which is broken or not my game works perfectly but the only thing is i can not save my game at all any help?

Hello @thisgurlacarla
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch and Seasons Pack
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
    Try seeing if the mods that you have are on that list,

If the issues with saving your game continue, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder. Then load the game, start a new game, try to save the game and test to see if that helps the saving issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2018
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    . I'm wondered why Maxis put lots of magic beans in rare seed packets. Even I'm not able to plant them on the ground.

You have to buy the tree stump for them. Place the seeds in the hollows on the stump. You get a magic portal tree that gives you forbidden fruit, which you can plant to grow more fruit or eat to turn into a plant Sim for a few days.

Ahhh that was what I heard about the plantsim in the sims 4, right? Thanks for the information.:) Unfortunately I'm not interested in the plantsims. I see 3 of 5 rare seed packets are all magic beans as I remember.

1.PNG

2.png

I found them ALL from the rare seed packets. Once I open a new packet, it gives me more magic beans than bird of paradise. I'm stuck getting the bird of paradise and bunsai buds.

• Options
    darrelldarrell Posts: 4 New Member
    > @auzuramane said:
    > Currently the best option anyone has right now is to use seed packets to get the desired harvestable. I myself have tested time and time again, but the 2 issues still stand:
    > 1. Plants only produce 2-6 harvestables per day. (I have tested waiting for 3 days. This value doesn't increase. Also each plant seems to have a limit. eg. Orchid plant only produces 2 per day, Begonias produces 6 per day, Apple trees produces 5 etc. This value doesn't change, though I think this is intentional, most likely to make higher rarity harvestables less convenient).
    > 2. Grafted fruit doesn't produce. (I would assume that its tied to the first reason, but common grafted harvestables still produce. eg. Cherry grafted to apple still produces cherries and apples, but no pomegranate).
    > Its inconvenient, but its not like we're completely locked out of the fruit, which is good, however I've noticed that even if I graft a shoot from a rare plant to any other plant(eg. orchid shoot to bluebell plant), that harvestable too will never produce. Period. It seems as if this feature has
    > been locked out. I'll do more testing to see if I can find anything else.

I also have problems.
    I DO NOT have the seasons pack
    As of the june 2018 update everything in the garden went phooey. I have more than 25 spliced plants and more than 50 regular plants. They include at least two of all plants in the starter herbs, flowers, fruits, vegetables, both farmer packs (gardening skill 7) and the uncommon pack (gardening skill 7) strawberries and potatoes.
    1. no plant can be evolved, dispute being watered and fertilized for more than a sim week.
    2. hire gardener is grayed out on the phone, and does not appear when you click on a plant.
    3. I have 7 plants where I spliced snapdragon onto strawberry. I did get a total of 70 harvestables, 36 strawberries, 33 snapdragon and ONE dragon-fruit.
    A. I have tried with a sim week in live mode, never going into build, cas, or any other mode
    B. I have tried using aspirations.complete_current_milestone to complete the freelance botanist aspiration
    C. I have tried with plants in planters and without planters.
    D. I have tried moving plants both in planters and without into household inventory, gone to live mode, then returned to the lot.
    E. I have tried with all mods disabled, with MC control center only, and with mc plus nude in cas, no mosaic, and male and female nude skins.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    auzuramane wrote: »
    Currently the best option anyone has right now is to use seed packets to get the desired harvestable. I myself have tested time and time again, but the 2 issues still stand:
    1. Plants only produce 2-6 harvestables per day. (I have tested waiting for 3 days. This value doesn't increase. Also each plant seems to have a limit. eg. Orchid plant only produces 2 per day, Begonias produces 6 per day, Apple trees produces 5 etc. This value doesn't change, though I think this is intentional, most likely to make higher rarity harvestables less convenient).
    2. Grafted fruit doesn't produce. (I would assume that its tied to the first reason, but common grafted harvestables still produce. eg. Cherry grafted to apple still produces cherries and apples, but no pomegranate).
    Its inconvenient, but its not like we're completely locked out of the fruit, which is good, however I've noticed that even if I graft a shoot from a rare plant to any other plant(eg. orchid shoot to bluebell plant), that harvestable too will never produce. Period. It seems as if this feature has
    been locked out. I'll do more testing to see if I can find anything else.
    darrell wrote: »
    I also have problems.
    I DO NOT have the seasons pack
    As of the june 2018 update everything in the garden went phooey. I have more than 25 spliced plants and more than 50 regular plants. They include at least two of all plants in the starter herbs, flowers, fruits, vegetables, both farmer packs (gardening skill 7) and the uncommon pack (gardening skill 7) strawberries and potatoes.
    1. no plant can be evolved, dispute being watered and fertilized for more than a sim week.
    2. hire gardener is grayed out on the phone, and does not appear when you click on a plant.
    3. I have 7 plants where I spliced snapdragon onto strawberry. I did get a total of 70 harvestables, 36 strawberries, 33 snapdragon and ONE dragon-fruit.
    A. I have tried with a sim week in live mode, never going into build, cas, or any other mode
    B. I have tried using aspirations.complete_current_milestone to complete the freelance botanist aspiration
    C. I have tried with plants in planters and without planters.
    D. I have tried moving plants both in planters and without into household inventory, gone to live mode, then returned to the lot.
    E. I have tried with all mods disabled, with MC control center only, and with mc plus nude in cas, no mosaic, and male and female nude skins.
    Please see the linked information and reply from @SimGuruNick in this thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943341/feedback-updated-gardening-system/p1
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @darrell The issue with not being able to hire a gardener has been confirmed by other players.
    Please see this thread. [OPEN] Can't hire a gardener
    This is also a helpful thread for when things are not going as expected.
    [READ FIRST] Troubleshooting your Game
    If you are having trouble and are using mods of any sort it is always recommended to remove the entire mods folder and test your game. Even if the mods you are using may not seem related to the issues you are having they can still cause issues.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    My UFO plants totally disappeared from my inventory, and the spliced plants are not giving me any pod. Before putting them in my inventory, they were bugged and not giving me more than 2 bulbs in a weeks time. Not happy.
  • Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    My UFO plants totally disappeared from my inventory, and the spliced plants are not giving me any pod. Before putting them in my inventory, they were bugged and not giving me more than 2 bulbs in a weeks time. Not happy.
    This is so very sad :'( I also had plants mysteriously disappear but they were not as valuable as the U.F.O. Plant.
  • Options
    velocitygrassvelocitygrass Posts: 103 Member
    I also had this issue and looking at the files I think they mistuned this. The description of the tuning says among other things "A rare Pomegranate on a common Apple tree spawns at a 1:5 ratio." However, if you look at the actual number it's a ratio of 1:500, so good luck with that in your sim's lifetime :(

Here's a package changing it to 200, 100, 50 for common, uncommon, rare (from the original 500, 100, 1).

The resource it overwrites is S4_03B33DDF_00000000_B286B33DB1F44801_objects.gardening.gardening_tuning.xml

splicing fix attempt
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited July 2018
    About finding the rare speed packets in buy mode. The option to buy them is not at the bottom of the list but in the middle of the list. I missed it until I read the whole list of seed packets for sale.

The best way to get a cow plant is to fish for it. It's the only way I've got one in my game. Splicing never yields a cowberry in my game. I got a death flower through the rare seed packet after spending 1000s of simoleans. I plan on doing the same for bird of paradise flowers.

I got my sim past the evolve by planting sage, basil, and parsley. Then planting them in a greenhouse and saving the greenhouse as a room when they are ready to evolve. Be sure to save the greenhouse as a room before any evolving is done to the plants after they start sparkling. Have your sim evolve the plants, then save your sim into your library. Delete your save and quit the game by going into the main menu and start a new game using the sim you just saved. Place the greenhouse you saved as a room on the lot use the sim you saved and evolve the same three plants again.

This will give your sim 6 evolves and you completed evolve requirements of the aspiration. You don't want to do this on your regular saves just the sim you want to have the aspiration completed with.

(ETA, paragraphing)
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen yes it would. For the 10 perfect plants needed, I would download mcrudd's perfect gardening collection and plant the fastest growing plants in a greenhouse.

I'm just lucky I had my own set of perfect plants on the gallery from when I saved the culpepper balcony I made a year ago. I have spliced plants in it but I spliced them with only one graft, so everything is harvestable.
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen yes it would. For the 10 perfect plants needed, I would download mcrudd's perfect gardening collection and plant the fastest growing plants in a greenhouse.
    I'm just lucky I had my own set of perfect plants on the gallery from when I saved the culpepper balcony I made a year ago. I have spliced plants in it but I spliced them with only one graft, so everything is harvestable.
    I also have rooms of perfect plants :wink: Most of which were spliced to allow more plants in a smaller space. Unfortunately I fear they are not all going to yield the ones I want. I am a @Mcrudd fan and love going there for collections.

• Options
    I also have rooms of perfect plants :wink: Most of which were spliced to allow more plants in a smaller space. Unfortunately I fear they are not all going to yield the ones I want. I am a @Mcrudd fan and love going there for collections.

The greenhouse I'm making now has all flowers in it except for the vacation worlds and tomato, strawberry, blackberry, and dragon fruit. No plants are spliced, I just have to get them all to perfect. Then I'll save that greenhouse to the gallery and always have it for perfect flowers.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Aww thanks for the mention @DragonAge_300905 and @EuphorialQueen <3 I am currently without wifi only mobile data until our Provider comes and fixes my homeline. Thankfully I did upload the newest season plants in perfect condition just yesterday. So feel free to go and grab them. @DragonAge_300905 I also have an unspliced perfect garden in the gallery with the vacation plants and above ones you mentioned in it. I will update that one soon with our new season plants. Just waiting for Spark to fix my line. I did update all the seeds though and they all perfect too. So just plant and wait a wee while :) Happy simming everyone :)
  • Options
    AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    I think the evolution is much too slow. I've played 4 weeks in game with Seasons and the new gardening patch and only 2 of my holly plants have been able to evolve. Very frustrating for my gardener sim!!
  • Options
    AgentJulia wrote: »
    I think the evolution is much too slow. I've played 4 weeks in game with Seasons and the new gardening patch and only 2 of my holly plants have been able to evolve. Very frustrating for my gardener sim!!
    I am still experimenting with gardening in different saves. Everything seems so slow but even slower in planter boxes or when sheltered. I have a couple holly plants in my newest save. I planted them in the ground outside when I started in spring. It just turned winter (1st day) so I am waiting to see how they progress.
    @AgentJulia Are your plants in a greenhouse or under a roof? Try moving a couple outdoors to see if the time to evolve changes.
  • Options
    AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    @EuphorialQueen They are actually outside in the back garden, and it's Winter.
  • Options
    auzuramaneauzuramane Posts: 2 New Member
    @EuphorialQueen
    Thanks for the info...

I did manage to get a grafted result eventually, its just really slow is all. My Tulip and Chrysanthemum finally managed to produce a bird of paradise after 1 year (sheltered in spring, this is the second grafted result I've gotten within a year, first was summer, after grafting strawberry and daisies to get a bonsai).
    Now I should mention that the probability is indeed pretty low, so low that you pretty much have to buy the seed packs if you want to get the harvestable faster.

Now, as for the evolution, I've honestly stopped paying that much attention to it. I managed to get almost all of my plants to Magnificent by just fertilizing and using the bees to pollinate whenever I get the chance, so its not as frustrating as I thought. This was all done in a greenhouse and
    I also put some plants outside to see just how fast they would evolve.
    One thing I did notice is that some plants do evolve faster, but produce less harvestables (eg. Orchids only produce 1 harvestable every time when in season (both winter and spring) and sheltered ones produce 2 harvestables all year round).
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I'm having the same issue with slow evolution. Way too slow. I have seasons set to 28 days and have flowers my sim started at the end of summer that are still only "Nice" quality - using only perfect plants or excellent freshness fish as fertilizer whenever I have the option.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    SimGuruNick posted this on the AHQ EA site thread
    Just wanted to pop in here and add that I've filed a tuning bug for our designers to take a look at. No promises on if/how this will be fixed/changed, but yeah, I'll let the design team make a decision
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Splicing-doesn-t-produce-new-harvestable/m-p/6914050/highlight/true#M67736