Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bouncy Castle Ideas thread Attempt 2 Everyone's welecome

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Right. Charlie and The Chocolate Factory?

yep and the blanks were
    candies
    and
    'round

Ohhhh! It's been a while since I read that book.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

yep and the blanks were
    candies
    and
    'round

all the riddles are based on books that Matt comparative reviewed.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

yep and the blanks were
    candies
    and
    'round

I see. So he's connected to all of them somehow.
  • Options

yep and the blanks were
    candies
    and
    'round

I see. So he's connected to all of them somehow.

well Matt's the one who mentioned the text-based joke that wasn't in the movies (the joke is that sqaure candies that look around) but leave out the a in around and you get the joke and the Charlie's fellow children's parents confusion)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @simscognito I think the next time I rewrite my Swanson Legacy.. in the literacy romance song chapter I will do some editing and put the 3 background singers from Matt's personas
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    The sequel to holes is amazing!
  • Options
    @simscognito I need some idea about what order, do I put the riddles in ?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I think the order in which you told them to me was pretty good. Maybe put the Charlie and the Chocolate factory one last because that one was the hardest.
  • Options
    I think the order in which you told them to me was pretty good. Maybe put the Charlie and the Chocolate factory one last because that one was the hardest.

I realize ironically most of my choices for riddles have to deal with death in some way (I'm stretching it a bit with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but since in Gene Wilder's 1971 version, Mr. Bucket is dead).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ok, I'm a bit stuck and need some help on how to continue. Any feedback/ideas would be helpful and are greatly appreciated. The following scenes are set in a goth nightclub.

“Jasmina? Is that really you?” a voice called. Jolted back to reality, she wheeled around to see a tall, attractive, muscular young man with short brown hair and reddish-brown eyes. He wore a tight long-sleeved fishnet top, slashed skinny trousers and combat boots. Dusky lipstick colored his lips, his eyes thickly lined and a studded collar around his neck.
    Her heart stopped as recognition registered. “Wylie Luck?”
    “Yeah, it’s me. Been awhile. I’m performing at a festival in town for the next couple weeks. I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately…Wanna dance?”
    All the pain of the breakup came stinging back, leaving anger in its wake. “Get away from me, Wylie,” Jasmina hissed and pushed her way through a knot of people to escape.

Caleb was sitting at a table in a shadowed corner, watching the crowd, envious of their mortality. How many of them would trade their humanity for immortality? Who would revel in it? Regret it? How many would be driven mad from thirst? “Brooding again?” Lilith asked with a touch of sarcasm as she approached from the bar.
    “Hmm?” He was jostled abruptly from his thoughts.

What should happen next?
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    @NyteRose are Caleb and Jasmine at the same nightclub? If so, Wiley could get violent with Jasmina and Caleb may have to come to the rescue and Jasmina and Caleb make up.
  • Options
    @NyteRose are Caleb and Jasmine at the same nightclub? If so, Wiley could get violent with Jasmina and Caleb may have to come to the rescue and Jasmina and Caleb make up.

Yup. I was thinking along those lines already, but I wanted to see if anyone else had input :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Okay, so I'm fishing for ideas/feedback for the next two chapters I'm trying to plan out. They will be perspective chapters that deal with the character's thoughts/feelings after their breakup. I was thinking that Jasmina's perspective could be a journal entry since she enjoys writing and seems to be something she'd naturally do to get her feelings out. With Caleb, I'm not too sure exactly how to play out his perspective chapter quite yet but I do know that it leads to his descent into depression and substance abuse. These chapters take place roughly a month after the breakup.

Perspective chapters are new territory for me, does anyone have tips/suggestions on how to write them? Thanks
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    i kind of think of it as someone narrating their own life. If that helps. Not reacting in real time but that slowed down time speed of reflecting backwards on a situation you hoped would have gone differently.
  • Options
    @simscognito @CathyTea

I have this idea that because Jane and Hams adopted uncle (their grandparents R&J adopted him) married one of Jane's former friends. He got her to call to talk to someone.. about the truth....of the "Accident").
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @CathyTea @simscognito

Due to plot reasons HAM and Henry 'hire" Meatball to see about something. Which person should Meatball tell first regards to events from the Service to Jane's "accident"/ disappering from the hospital? Should he tell HAM first or Henry first? or have both told together?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @CathyTea @simscognito

Due to plot reasons HAM and Henry 'hire" Meatball to see about something. Which person should Meatball tell first regards to events from the Service to Jane's "accident"/ disappering from the hospital? Should he tell HAM first or Henry first? or have both told together?

I think he would tell family first, but he could tell them both at the same time.
  • Options
    @CathyTea @simscognito

I think he would tell family first, but he could tell them both at the same time.

the only family which matters is HAM. The rest of the family (ie Selene&Jay) don't know what's going on. Not evening watching the News
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea @simscognito

I think he would tell Henry first . He always strikes me as a bit chauvinistic .
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea @simscognito How should Jane and HAM's uncle (by adoption their grandparents adopted him around the same time they're born) sound on the phone when calling Henry via his (Dan's) wife Phone number (Dan's wife was one of the bullies).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @simscognito @CathyTea for Jane and Henry's heiress RDH (the 2 aren't married yet and neither is HAM yet- but HAM's wedding date's coming up). I'm going to do something a bit backwards you know how most of the time someone (Carly, and Jane) are the favourite spoiled child and then change? I'm going to have something happen (don't know what) that makes Regina Dani Heather) turn "bad"..and hence the genderflippled version of Beauty&the Beast.

Any ideas?
    maybe her twin(Assuming she gets a twin) steals her boyfriend and that makes her mad?
    (and if she does get a twin-that twin will be forced during the curse to be sort of erratic-ie know that their parents are in another world and aren't together)?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    need help here
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    why is it so annyoing to get people's attenion
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 @Bugsie2016 @Morningstar how could teen!Carly "loose" the necklace that she will be given when she's "taken" by a person yet to be introduced and remember she will be intoxicated/drugged. In some cases how could someone like Selene (Gen 6) get it when she wouldn't be living in her parents' home for plot reasons? well I guess for Gen 6 it could be a gift from the person she thought was a (Fairy) godmother (aka her actually aunt). What about America why would she get it because Hannah preferred (for some reason) Lucy?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @MadameLee I want you to know I am not ignoring you and do read your posts. I’m just the type of person who will not respond if I don’t feel like I am making a contribution. You ask a question and if I don’t have an answer, I don’t respond. Bad habit, but I don’t want to respond with “I don’t know”.

It’s great you want opinions how to run your story, but sometimes it’s also fun to read what you can come up with. I say go with your gut.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)