Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be okay with more EPs without worlds?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    If you look at the missing themes, Superstar, Makin' Magic and Free Time could exist without a world.
    • Superstar / Showtime
    • Makin' Magic / Supernatural
    • University
    • Vacation / Bon Voyage / Island Paradise
    • Free Time
    • Into The Future

showtime might require a world
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2018
    If you look at the missing themes, Superstar, Makin' Magic and Free Time could exist without a world.
    • Superstar / Showtime
    • University
    • Free Time
    • Into The Future

A Supernatural pack would require a new supernatural themed world for me, I don't want all of that stuff over spilling into my regular neighbourhoods too much and Forgotten Hollow is too small. Most of the worlds in TS4 are too bright, happy and upbeat to do justice to the dark/evil side of Supernatural creatures. I think the devs recognise this, which is why they did create a mini world for Vampires.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2018
    Depends on the content, Like Seasons, I believe their main focus, as it was, is the Seasons and Weather, even before objects seasons and animations should be the priority.

If it was a Game Pack about a life state, I say, Focus on the Life State, above all else. their powers the animations and effects, then the objects of which they can interact with, then if there is still room, the world. Forgotten Hollow wasn't crucial to Vampires.

Cats & Dogs, Brindleton Bay could have been better, but I can see the focus was more on Cats & Dogs, not the world.
    a pack like a Farming GP or EP, that ought to come with a New World.
    University is a yes, that pack needs a campus to build on.

But if they wanted to Make expansions or game packs that focused on a place, France, Italy, Greece, England, Ireland, Egypt, just throwing those places I would love to go to, out there. I would love it. Maybe some as destinations, and some as full worlds.

And a French or Italian themed world could be perfect for a Farming GP I think.
    Ireland/England could be cool with Sorcerers.
    Italy, Greece, could have University.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I think new worlds are only needed when the EP/GP theme calls for it, like a Farming pack, or for new destination packs. But there are lots of packs where I don't think a new world is really needed, though some of them would be cool because they could bring something different (like a French-inspired world for a romantic GP for example).

So as long as themes that require worlds get them, and we get one from time to time, I'm fine with EPs without world.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I would love to be given a new world in every EP, but unfortunately that's not realistic :(

I've said it so many times already, but TS4 desperately needs more space! Not possible to build an interesting, fun world with enough different venues to keep you occupied AND house all the sims you want to play, or have your main sim interact with. That's an absolute first for a sims game and to me that's unacceptable. Every empty lot is so precious I always spend way too much time deciding if I want it to be a residential lot or a fun venue. That time should be spent actually playing the game.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    • Superstar / Showtime
    • University
    • Free Time
    • Into The Future

A Supernatural pack would require a new supernatural themed world for me, I don't want all of that stuff over spilling into my regular neighbourhoods too much and Forgotten Hollow is too small. Most of the worlds in TS4 are too bright, happy and upbeat to do justice to the dark/evil side of Supernatural creatures. I think the devs recognise this, which is why they did create a mini world for Vampires.

I did not like the tiny hood in vampires. honestly would not like another like that.
    if its big like it was in the sims 3, I would appreciate it more. but if its just like that. much like the time spent on game play instead of 4 lot worlds
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I'm totally fine with not getting a new world in every EP, but I'd really like another big empty map like Newcrest at some point.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I think we really need new worlds as the game progresses. Many of my older saves are ghost towns and I have to rely on adding households from the gallery to make sure my sims actually have some friends. New worlds come with fresh premades and familes and I need that to keep the game feeling fresh.

I didn’t mind not having one for seasons because we got so many new things in the all
    The existing worlds with weather varying from place to place.

But it did end up making the new gardening career faulty as there are no coworkers for my gardener sims, if there had been a new world with new premades I bet that wouldn’t have happened.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Look at how amazing Seasons turned out. It has no new world and loads of new details they added! To me, it's FAR MORE IMPORTANT to add gameplay to a pack over a new world to walk around in. I would be completely fine if the next few packs had no world. Of course there are vacation worlds that absolutely need one. I also think they could add new venues without adding a new world.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Depends on the content, Like Seasons, I believe their main focus, as it was, is the Seasons and Weather, even before objects seasons and animations should be the priority.

If it was a Game Pack about a life state, I say, Focus on the Life State, above all else. their powers the animations and effects, then the objects of which they can interact with, then if there is still room, the world. Forgotten Hollow wasn't crucial to Vampires.

Cats & Dogs, Brindleton Bay could have been better, but I can see the focus was more on Cats & Dogs, not the world.

But if they wanted to Make expansions or game packs that focused on a place, France, Italy, Greece, England, Ireland, Egypt, just throwing those places I would love to go to, out there. I would love it. Maybe some as destinations, and some as full worlds.

I really like the idea of a French or Italian countryside area. Maybe they could make a countryside world that fuses elements of the French and Italian countryside with flatter areas that you might see in Australia, the US Great Plains or say, the countryside of South Africa. To be honest, they could probably base it on parts of California like Napa Valley and flatter, grassier plains for a similar look.

I think they could achieve a cool effect with different neighborhoods with slightly different feels. One area could be plain farmhouses and another could be French/Italian countryside. There needs to be a little town or village with just a few buildings. There should be some hidden rugged areas.

Since they like "spooky" elements, there could be a creepy, old, abandoned fixer upper farmhouse out in the middle of corn fields with a squeaky windmill. Move in at your own risk! Some other area could be more like Napa/Provence/Tuscany with terraced hills full of vineyards, olives and buckets where you can take an outdoor bath.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

I really like the idea of a French or Italian countryside area. Maybe they could make a countryside world that fuses elements of the French and Italian countryside with flatter areas that you might see in Australia, the US Great Plains or say, the countryside of South Africa. To be honest, they could probably base it on parts of California like Napa Valley and flatter, grassier plains for a similar look.

I think they could achieve a cool effect with different neighborhoods with slightly different feels. One area could be plain farmhouses and another could be French/Italian countryside. There needs to be a little town or village with just a few buildings. There should be some hidden rugged areas.

Since they like "spooky" elements, there could be a creepy, old, abandoned fixer upper farmhouse out in the middle of corn fields with a squeaky windmill. Move in at your own risk! Some other area could be more like Napa/Provence/Tuscany with terraced hills full of vineyards, olives and buckets where you can take an outdoor bath.

Yeah, for mine I imagine a Chateau on the hillside overlooking the cornfields, wheat field, Pumpkin patches, Vineyards, Orchards. The farm looks gorgeous, enchanting really, but there would be a sense of mystery, maybe a little foul play.
    Like "if you mess with my farm, crops, live stock, something will happen to you."
    And then I would hold Harvest Festivals for about a week.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2018
    I would love a FreeTime or sports pack, and that doesn’t really require a new world.

However, when it comes to anything with mermaids and tropical/beach locations, I am thinking that kind of thing would require a new world (that has swimmable oceans or an underwater world).

So it really depends on the theme of the pack. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018

Yeah, for mine I imagine a Chateau on the hillside overlooking the cornfields, wheat field, Pumpkin patches, Vineyards, Orchards. The farm looks gorgeous, enchanting really, but there would be a sense of mystery, maybe a little foul play.
    Like "if you mess with my farm, crops, live stock, something will happen to you."
    And then I would hold Harvest Festivals for about a week.

Falcon Crest. lol ETA: Popular soap once upon a time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.