Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Sims or Familys you’ll play with Seasons

InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
Who’s the first family or sim your going to play with once seasons is released? What’s their storyline in your head? What will they explore? What town will they live in?

I’ve got 4 different saves I’m preparing for seasons to keep myself busy. The first is the second generation of my Joy family Anthony and his wife Summer Joy (formerly Holiday) they have two children Mary a straight A child student and toddler Neil who’s inquiring little mind is always helping him make messes. They currently live on the Family Farm in Newcrest where they grow a good number of fruits and vegetables and survive off the proceeds and a little of the side painting that Summer does. I’m thinking I’m going to start them off in Spring so we can save some money for the fall and winter. Anthony has some more current harvestable to find before Seasons hit and my goal is to get them ready to afford a greenhouse like structure for some of their plants depending on the updates to gardening! Summer will be joining the flower arranging branch of the new gardening career. She’s been focusing on finding flowers and experimenting with them in laundry.

Anthony’s sisters and their family’s are in San Myshuno, Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. His parents and youngest sister are next up to be rotated too and find his sister a cat loving partner as she has two and her parents have three!
All of his family will be enjoying some holiday fun as his parents are looking for a new home with a huge dining room to accommodate all four kids plus partners and all 8 grandchildren.

I plan on playing this save first as it’s all ready! It also has sims of all ages from Norman at a elder to Neil as a toddler!

Comments

• Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    I'll just continue my legacy :)
  • Options
    @PotterheadSim What generation are you on? I never seem to get past 4-5 lol
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited January 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    @PotterheadSim What generation are you on? I never seem to get past 4-5 lol

I'm only on the 5th generation. I've had that problem as well lol. I've never gotten this far, but I've been having a lot of fun with every generation. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Koteyka I think five generations is as far as I’ve ever made it with a family on any sims lol
    Also as a Buffy and Angel fan I love that you’ve done that!

@PotterheadSim I find if I rotate through it lasts longer lol which is why I’m playing all the decendents until Norman and Jenny (who’s still a adult) die. Then I’ll move on the just Anthony’s kids and so on. I do like to make sure family branches continue so I’ll orobab have some of his nieces and nephews pair up with others eventually to keep it going down!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Aside from plopping a new couple in town in a broken down shack for winter I think I'll play with the family I had been playing in sims 2 and made them over for sims 4 eight generations the eight just starting with the tot.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    I have 3 different saves I switch between, one of which is a rotational save.
    The current one is my second Alien Adoption Challenge story, featuring Delshay Greyhorse and his alien toddler nephew Tarak. He's a freelance botanist who has been living alone until Tarak came into his life and caused some changes in his routine. He has a partially built greenhouse in preparation for seasons. He's also trying to collect the last few existing harvestables in time for Seasons. I'm going to start in spring as well. Their family is still pretty small so there's no need for more space, which means they can save their money up for a while.

Then there's the Peters legacy, founded by Myles Peters, who had three children with Summer Holiday.. He's on the verge of switching careers from business to culinary. His oldest daughter, Samantha will be learning to roller skate and possibly to ice skate when winter comes. I'm thinking of starting n summer when I get back to that save.

But the rotational save is the one I think I'll be playing when Seasons comes out. Starting in summer just because they're already dressed for it. All three families are related to each other to different degrees, but if I don't swap things around, it'll be the Yomins' turn. My alien family, whom I'm thinking of creating an alien holiday for. Vaughn Yomin is the heir of the current, 2nd generation. He's a scientist married to another alien. Skyla works as an asutronaut and they have two children, a toddler named Kim and baby Jonathan. They still live with Vaughn's parents and youngest sister. I need to either build a room to hold items unlocked in Vaughn's career or sell them off. And build a roof for the swimming pool. I might move the grndparents out into a house with a bigger kitchen for family gatherings, their current one barely has room for 8 and the Yomins have a large network of relatives.

I'm thinking Skyla's going to have to spend a lot of time working on her rocketship on sunny days so she doesn't have t do it in the rain.
    image.png
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Vladimr Straud. He was betrayed by his follower vampires and he got depowered.. Now he will start a new life as a human who runs away hiding from his enemies. He might have to hide to Granite Falls and Selvadorada for sometime where he will get to experience seasons in its fullest.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I always like to test new things out with my self-sim first, but my first "real" save will be my homeless teen. I want to see how he copes with the changing seasons. I've played him a few times before but he usually only suffers major hardship for a week or two before things turn around for him. It won't be so easy now, I don't imagine a snow covered park bench is very comfortable. He's a romantic kleptomaniac so I'm sure he'll find shelter in somebody's house and help himself to a few things before he gets chucked out for overstaying his welcome. :D
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'll continue my legacy as always, which I'm playing in a five household rotation. I'll start with the Kalanis in Windenburg, and I can't wait to get a proper glass roof on that greenhouse and start making flower arrangements!!
    76B3euL.png
    ISqzkt9.png
    Pa9ur9L.png
    X9Zm4fI.png
    The kids and pets will have so much fun when their garden is covered in leaves and snow :smiley: I'll start in fall.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am going to play with two of my single households first, because I am most curious about the new gardening career. Emma Ivens will be my first floral designer and André Lafayette will be my first botanist. Both of them have maxed out the gardening skill and Emma is a muser and likes to paint and André has high logic skill, so I am thinking the paths will suit them well.

ECKxnRs.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I will probably start with a brand new save until the mods I use get sorted.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

I've had these guys on hold since March. Will definitely be getting back to them with Seasons and I can't wait!

oiounMV.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I will start with my favorite sims family:
    The vampir lady and her vampir butler with the adopted human-pretend-cat daughter and their two spooky real cats.
    ynUUb8z.jpg
    u1aReAN.jpg
    yTSEiKK.jpg
    iVXpzig.jpg
    I don't really have a story I want to play out with them and seasons, just gonna see how it goes. :)
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    I'll be playing my Nightshade family first, and they'll be living in Windenburg, I actually just recently moved them there in anticipation of seasons. I plan on them exploring everything all of the different seasons have to offer, and as for the storyline... I was going to save this info for my Nightshade family updates, but I'll go ahead and say it: I'm at least 99% sure Onyx and Amelia (sims in my avatar) are going to have their third child! :) I thought Seasons would make children more fun and watching them grow up and experience the seasons and holidays sounds great.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member

I've had these guys on hold since March. Will definitely be getting back to them with Seasons and I can't wait!

oiounMV.png

Wow, the black haired lady looks a lot like one of my mom's sims! She even had a very similar (or maybe the same) CC hair on her before we got rid of most CC before Seasons got here.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I need to prep Generation 2 of my Legacy save. It’s a teen (now YA) who got pregnant. I’m gonna move her out with her boyfriend (who is NOT the father) to maybe San Myshuno OR one of the other places. The main family lives in Newcrest now so I don’t want her to live there.

My Seasons save I have a gardener already prepped, I’m waiting for the patch to come out to see what that’s all about. I’m gonna have her join the Gardening career as well.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I'm on gen 3 of a legacy so I'll keep playing them.

I'm so excited that I'm designing their houses ready for all the bbq's and swimming parties they're going to have together. Usually when I'm doing a legacy, once the kids move out they don't interact with their family much - I'm really trying to change that with this save and have an interconnectedness between all related sims.

It's so rewarding but also a little hard to organise between work and school as well.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    I started a brand new game save, and at the moment I have been doing a ton of things for everyone. At the moment I only am using 2 mods, but no CC so I won't have to worry about updating any CC. after I get Seasons. I plan on keeping aging turned off (as it is now) and getting to enjoy everyone (all the premades and a few others) while they enjoy the rain, the snow, the holidays, and every thing else.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The very first family I'm going to play is the first family I made, because I think they deserve to experience seasons and weather and stuff before anyone else. They are a family of two parents, 1 child son, and two toddler daughters.

Then I'm going to make 4 new families to play, one for each season.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm still in my Stardew Valley save and loving it. Every time I play Seasons is there in the back of my mind... wondering how they will be affected.
    As to which family I don't know I have so many in that save. I'm pretty sure I'll play my wildman Linus that lives in a tent first to see how he fares in the weather. I don't want him to die though so it will be be fun remembering to save lol. Otherwise I think I'll stick with the gardeners.. so I can figure out how Seasons and the changes have effected it. I have 3 families that have respectable gardens. Since I play with aging off I might let a few seasons go by instead of hopping in and out of different households.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Morris & Esme (and their cat Gretchen who's still a work in progress). They've been my favourite sims since sims 2 and they've been waiting patiently in my library for seasons for about 3 years now.

piTU2YT.png
    Frox2Qv.png
    LqspIwk.png

I've tried to get them as true to form from sims 2 as possible though I'm still not completely happy. I think a bit of tweaking might be needed.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I will be playing a big family, Geoff and his wife Eve Campbell are ghost living with there only son Brandon and his wife Caroline, they have four young adult kids, two are married with kids and two are not, then Brandon has a sister who married a vampire and has two young adults that are not married, Bethann is one of Brandon's kids that isn't married, she wants to have a business selling flowers and looking for her true love and her sister is Lacey isn't looking to get married or a ring, just woohoo....she's a romance sims, brandon two married kids are Sierra and Wade,
    Sierra is married to a alien but Wade is married to Christy but likes to flirt with other women, soon he'll be having a affair with someone in seasons and then there's the two young adult vampire women looking for someone to flirt, romance and get some blood out of.

well that is what i have been thinking as of right now.
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    Even though I'll have to wait until 2020 until season is out for console im gonna play season with a my newest family (dad, mom, teen daughter, kid son , soon to be born baby)
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Keks_Milch Your little family is ADORABLE!! I hope you share photos as you play <3

I have a new family I started last week. River Prieskorn has the Angling Ace aspiration and Kenzie Overstreet has the Archaeology Scholar aspiration. As some may have seen in other posts, I randomly selected their aspirations. Initially I thought that this would be perfect because both aspirations are aspirations I have not yet completed and both, from what I have completed of them, require some time/effort. I thought it'd be a great way to help me pass time over this week and next. I turned aging off with the plan to let them finish up their aspirations so that when Seasons comes I can turn it back on. I had a plan to have them have a nice autumn wedding and then start a family. Well, I started playing them and ended up having SO MUCH FUN working on collecting the different types of fish and exploring the temples/finding different artifacts that I have already ended up completing Kenzie's aspiration and I only have one milestone left of River's :lol: SO. I gave Kenzie a new aspiration (went with Friend of the World) but I'm not in a hurry to complete it - it's there to give her something to work on/give me something to help pass the time if needed. River is still working on his last milestone.

06_14_18_8_32_16_PM.png

Since I've completed her aspiration, and seasons comes out a week from tomorrow, I decided to get their next chapter started. I sent them to Sylvan Glade so River could catch all the fish types that you can find there. While I was there I realized how beautiful it is there (I haven't visited it in a long time so I sort of forgot about it!!) and decided there's no better place for River to pop the question!

06_14_18_7_13_20_PM.png

One night they both were in some desperate need of filling their fun and social needs and a little woohoo happens to cure that so I decided to let them have a little fun BUUUUUT my cat decided at that very moment to jump on my lap, bumping my arm and causing me to click the 'try for baby' option instead of woohoo. True story. I couldn't make it up if I tried haha. SO....I hoped and hoped she wasn't going to end up pregnant (I wanted this particular family to wait until they were married to start a family) but life (or my cat) had other plans and their little oopsie baby happened. So there's a new little man in Kenzie's life ;) He and Kenzie ADORE each other, it's soooooo cute. They're constantly playing or hugging. He's just a little ball of giggles - he's just precious. And he's besties with their cat Binka <3

06_14_18_7_39_45_PM.png
    06_14_18_7_44_59_PM.png

While fishing River has collected several Cowplant berries so I let him go ahead and plant one and now they have this little cutie hanging out on their lot. It'll be interesting to see what happens to him as the seasons change!

06_14_18_8_19_32_PM.png

ezgif_com_resize.gif