Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They always end ugly

My weave is snatched and i am wheezing
Why do kids in sim always end up ugly as teens.
I aged the daughter of my sim couple up and she ended up looking like a dorito with pink hair :D:D , i gave her plastic surgery so that she is prettier but i am still laughing about that.
No matter how pretty the parents are, children end up ugly

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Sometimes what makes for a pretty girl sim does not make for a pretty boy sim. If the daughter takes too much after the father, she might look like the Dorito you noticed.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    @foussi Would you mind posting pics of the parents and their kids? It is true that teens can look a little on the awkward-side with mouths that are too low and features that don't quite fit their faces but this doesn't mean that good looking teens are not possible.

As @Idontrcall says, pretty girls don't always make handsome sons and handsome boys don't always make pretty daughters. Things can also go wrong when kids are blends of their parents and the parents have features that don't mesh well with their partner.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Sometimes what makes for a pretty girl sim does not make for a pretty boy sim. If the daughter takes too much after the father, she might look like the Dorito you noticed.
    This. If you want to play generational, you better test sims in CAS first, switching genders untill they look good in both. That being said, my sims always look bad as teens in the game, also when they're attractive as adults. I accept it, because they're more important to me as grown ups. Give your dorito a chance. She just might turn into a beautiful swan one day :blush:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Also how well the two parents' faces blend has an effect.

Two gorgeous Sims can produce an ugly kid if their facial features don't mesh well.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'd like to know where this notion is coming from that attractiveness is universal. There must certainly be those who would find pink hairy snack chips to be a very alluring look even if it's not apparently "in style" at the moment and who would gain positive moodlets just by being near them. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2018
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    That is so true, and it reminds me of one of my sims (the sim I'm talking about is my avatar). I have played her in different game saves, and she has been with quite a few different males. In most cases, her children are either ok or cute, but I made the mistake of having her get with Caleb Vator, every one of their kids look just like Chucky, from that horror movie.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    Agree with @mikezumi choose better partners.Never once tweaked anything let alone a full plastic surgery.Most ever did on a kid I had was a hair color change and usually at YA.

My male Sim I play is nothing special and pretty basic, but do make sure the other sim is attractive with good features.My kiddies are always cutie's.

If you start having babies with the Bayless family is it surprising your kid gets a huge nose or ears. :( Now you got me wanting to do a kid experiment have not done one in a while.Grab a girl have a kid show them at life stages B-Tdlr-Chld-T-YA

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2018
    Sometimes they look much different from their YA stage and in that case, be patient. I've had some really good looking teens now that I know how to mix genetics better. I learned from this forum to do the gender test... See if sims look good as both Female and Male before trying for babies. That way you have a better chance at good-looking offspring.

edit to add:
    Maybe she isn't the prettiest teen to other people but I consider this to be a good looking teen. Her YA stage almost the same. The big nose is a Carp family thing. Carried down from the 2nd generation.
    tumblr_p14pvvmfOC1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,734 Member
    Just like in reality, beautiful parents can have ugly kids and ugly parents can have beauties. I appreciate TS4 realism.
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    My weave is snatched and i am wheezing
    Why do kids in sim always end up ugly as teens.
    I aged the daughter of my sim couple up and she ended up looking like a dorito with pink hair :D:D , i gave her plastic surgery so that she is prettier but i am still laughing about that.
    No matter how pretty the parents are, children end up ugly

Sounds painful.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Ok just had a baby,Parents are my SS and Mikayla

No touchy tweaky anything my sims ever!!!! if they come out looking like the swamp thing so be it.Will not be adding make up,changing default hair or anything.

Used the vibrating bed cause 100 percent chance to get sim pregnant trying for baby

B86svF7.png

Child Wearing some hideous raincoat and a orange trash bag ??? :#

GkeNhRV.png

Teen Did not learn fashion from her father :rage: that skirt with a dress shirt is a no

LppqfPq.png

Young Adult It seems she wore that skirt from 13-21 I really need to teach my kids better ,am a failure as a father :(

2Y8AbCM.png

Was soo hoping she would have gotten mikayla's eye shape instead she got my sims boring basic eyes.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,727 Member
    @CravenLestat Oh but she is cute! Maybe not the fashion choices though... I hate that skirt for kids. Just give her another sister you know you wanna :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @coco Actually wanna put makeup on my daughter and dress her better.She is a blank canvas with a cute face.But now that you mention it have not had twins in like forever :# random kind not trying for it kind.Will go doll up Marlena, named her that seemed to flow with moms name, but will post the pics.Her hairstyle is not bad can keep it

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    All I can say is I never had a problem - I just accept what comes along. Then I changed my mind recently when I had a look at what I'd get when I paired up two of my sims. I got such a fright I operated on both of them immediately and make their faces much more alike.

I didn't get a screen shot of the scary monster but - dad had a short broad face and mother had a long narrow face. The result of their genetics that scared me had a short broad head from the eyes up and a long narrow head from the eyes down with a horizontal line below the parts of the wide top of the head that didn't have a corresponding part of the face immediately below it.

Since their plastic surgery in CAS they have produced some gorgeous children.

This pair just aged up to teen.

Leanne_Teen004.jpg

Louise_Teen003.jpg

Although I can't claim the second of the two to be their own offspring exactly. I wanted her to turn out looking like this before I made the parents so when I got such a fright doing the play with genetics thing I changed the parents faces to more closely match her face. The reuslt was the sim at the top. Fortunately the pregnancy resulted in identical twins and I took the first born, seen here on the bottom, into CAS and changed her to make her look like the sim I was after originally. I had a particular story requirement for doing this otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.
  • Options
    @coco Makeup on her and different clothes

hTUjOQD.png

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Two gorgeous Sims can produce an ugly kid if their facial features don't mesh well.
    True that. Which is why I also test offspring in CAS with two potential parents.
    igazor wrote: »
    I'd like to know where this notion is coming from that attractiveness is universal. There must certainly be those who would find pink hairy snack chips to be a very alluring look even if it's not apparently "in style" at the moment and who would gain positive moodlets just by being near them. :)
    Actually it is pretty universal :mrgreen:
    (Gaaaaaaaaaah, Poldark <3<3<3 , that’s more than I can bear at breakfast...)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    mika wrote: »
    Just like in reality, beautiful parents can have ugly kids and ugly parents can have beauties. I appreciate TS4 realism.
    I disagree with that. Though it’s nice Sims 4 tries to add a realistic change by not copying features (like irl indeed), I prefer Sims 3’s way for a game because:
    1. Blending features is part of gameplay for me, I like to be able to control that to some extent (and still have surprises at times, quite often in a positive way). It is a game and I love to have that amount of control and the interaction in that respect between my directing and the game’s mechanism of blending when it comes to ‘creating’ heirs. Like a composer if you like, an offspring composer ;)
    2. On top of that Sims 4 doesn’t approach it realistically either. I can have two parents with huge eyes having a kid with eyes like ants and a jawline that is completely random.

This genuinely is the very reason I love playing generational in 3 and being totally uninterested in that in 4 (I play the game with aging off and took my sim’s kid through CAS to adjust her).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Your SS's daughter turned out well! My poor SS has unfortunate looking sons :#

_______________________________________________________________________________

This is my current couple as young adults. The elder is the father of the ginger sim.
    39707640445_eea7562996_o.jpg
    This is how their kids looked as teens. All are YA now. I realize that CC makes a difference but I have seen vanilla teens that look great too. @Charlottesmom's teens always seem to look good and she plays a completely vanilla game.
    38801654970_757bc20caf_o.jpg
    40639627262_d91d12fa0b_o.jpg
    25867294757_ff9c24cb2d_o.jpg

• Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I guess the daughter of my sim turned ugly because her father has a rather long chin.
    The son turned out better as teenie though, beside a big nose he looks good.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited March 2018
    Rather dopey looking (father) + Plain (mother) can sometimes create adorable (at least in my eyes he's adorable..)

Daddy L:

26683314388_cabe84853a_c.jpg

Momma Meggie:

28249203039_7eb5680c68_c.jpg

Their other two kids were real stinkers, the girl needed major plastic surgery!

This is Bryce one of thier sons, I adore him, he's almost all L but there are bits of Meggie..

25339472227_d388f1bfdc_c.jpg

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited March 2018
    @coco Actually wanna put makeup on my daughter and dress her better.She is a blank canvas with a cute face.But now that you mention it have not had twins in like forever :# random kind not trying for it kind.Will go doll up Marlena, named her that seemed to flow with moms name, but will post the pics.Her hairstyle is not bad can keep it

You and Betty had twins in one of my saves but they were boys..eek! (I know how you'd rather have girls).
  • Options
    foussi wrote: »
    I guess the daughter of my sim turned ugly because her father has a rather long chin.
    The son turned out better as teenie though, beside a big nose he looks good.
    Fine noses for females in Sims 3 indeed can look like turnips on males.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    mika wrote: »

It's like that in TS3 too.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,377 Member
    How rude! I've always considered myself quite attractive.

gBzRfaw.png