Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    edited March 2018
    coco wrote: »
    @sorceress Unfortunately, getting this amazing game to function well requires learning a whole new skillset: troubleshooting. The longer you play the game, the more you will learn about your computer which isn't such a bad thing though.

Sorry I have to go in a second. If I had more time I would have looked into your problem for you as I haven't had it happen to me before.

All good I have spent hours looking trying to troubleshoot. Only thing I found was to install all content a few at a time max 5 to 6 I am doing max 4 and at least then I have the majority of content. The main troubles seems to be with the game code bonus product that came with maps etc. And expansion packs missing hence it can't install but I have the expansion packs. Maybe I will look at it more when less tired. But thanks anyway

Am just taking a list of everything that doesn't work and the error code for the missing expansion thing currently. But this fixes the majority of stuff not downloading/showing in game.
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    @Puddinroy thanks still working on fixing and solving things. Appreciate it though.
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @coco I see. It's a pity they took away that action though, having a catwalk and sims modelling, without using mods, in TS3 would have been fun. :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Sorceress wrote: »

Items so far are:

DJ Freestyle Booth
    Attomic Age Pets Registration
    Grahams Pet Swap Shop.

@Sorceress I don't own the DJ Freestyle Booth, but the other 2 sets are things that I've had issues with too. Not with installing, but saying they're installed but not showing up in game.
    I had to do a fresh install of my Store stuff recently (due to my own stupidity in messing up my files). I'll go back in game shortly and check if they are showing up.
  • Options
    wendyyi1 wrote: »

Items so far are:

DJ Freestyle Booth
    Attomic Age Pets Registration
    Grahams Pet Swap Shop.

@Sorceress I don't own the DJ Freestyle Booth, but the other 2 sets are things that I've had issues with too. Not with installing, but saying they're installed but not showing up in game.
    I had to do a fresh install of my Store stuff recently (due to my own stupidity in messing up my files). I'll go back in game shortly and check if they are showing up.

Thanks my issue is they installed in the past but now they refuse to due to missing expansion pack which isn't missing :(

Also can add the Origin-al beats 5000 stereo to that list too. And I have done fresh wipes and deleted all store content from my game to reinstall it multiple times. Have tried completely uninstalling the game, Tried installing from the downloader in game. Unfortunately none of it works. But thanks appreciate it.
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Just wanted to say...when I saw people post with portrait panels like this, I used to think they were crazy.

Now I am ONE of them.

39044489140_02843f7f10.jpg
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    polrbear wrote: »
    Just wanted to say...when I saw people post with portrait panels like this, I used to think they were crazy.

Now I am ONE of them.

Ummm how can you mange that many sims?? LOL
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    polrbear wrote: »

Now I am ONE of them.

OMG... :D That looks like a Portrait Panel one of my families. :D@polrbear. :D I have 18 in my family right now. And when the teens get up there in marriageable age, well...they'll end up probably adding more to the family panel. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @Sorceress I've just checked and they are fine in my game.
    Are you on patch 1.67 or 1.69?
    If 1.69, try unselecting and then re-selecting EPs in the Launcher. I find that sometimes it shows EPS and SPs as selected, but find out they aren't when I go in game.
    If on 1.67, it may relate to missing patches.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @Sorceress I've just checked and they are fine in my game.
    Are you on patch 1.67 or 1.69?
    If 1.69, try unselecting and then re-selecting EPs in the Launcher. I find that sometimes it shows EPS and SPs as selected, but find out they aren't when I go in game.
    If on 1.67, it may relate to missing patches.

Thanks have already done that including deleting those items it doesn't work. Not even installing them in game works they just keep failing and saying expansion pack missing and EA has no clue what is going on and keeps forcing me to do the same fixes over and over even if I tell them it doesn't work. Just logging in to see if anything from other packs failed to install like the past too. But that unticking and attempting reinstall doesn't work unfortunately but thanks

And yes I am on patch 1.69 and yep more items didn't install from other packs

2 from show stopping style and one from India infusion. Even installing them in game won't fix it :(

Just going into a random new game to check on CAS etc now. If I have too I will just live without those items but doesn't mean its not a pain.
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    Thanks have already done that including deleting those items it doesn't work. Not even installing them in game works they just keep failing and saying expansion pack missing and EA has no clue what is going on and keeps forcing me to do the same fixes over and over even if I tell them it doesn't work. Just logging in to see if anything from other packs failed to install like the past too. But that unticking and attempting reinstall doesn't work unfortunately but thanks

2 from show stopping style and one from India infusion. Even installing them in game won't fix it :(

Well, plum. I can't think of anything else that might help. Sorry. :anguished:
    Maybe someone from another time zone will come on in the the next few hours with some idea of what might causing that.

• Options
    edited March 2018

Well, plum. I can't think of anything else that might help. Sorry. :anguished:
    Maybe someone from another time zone will come on in the the next few hours with some idea of what might causing that.

Hopefully! Seems the Midnight Hollow Pitch Park hasn't worked even though its installed again sigh :( Dragon Valley and Aurora Skies Festival lots are working thankfully. Now just to have a quick look in CAS as well.

And thanks for trying to help I appreciate it greatly
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited March 2018
    @polrbear Nice makeovers for all the kiddies. I especially fancy Liv's red dress. :)

Edit after seeing the portrait panel Lol! I've played 26, but only for picture taking! And that was a strain. Now I stay around 12 - 15 and invite the sims I need for the poses! :#
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @coco Thanks for the feedback :smile: Sadly it has decided to rain now that I am home lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited March 2018
    I wanted to report back to all those who were concerned about my bad CC issue. Thanks so much, everyone, for your well-wishes and for the wonderful suggestions. I put bits and pieces together from what everyone shared and found my solution.

Many thanks to @Karritz, @bekkasan, @jillbg, @wendyyi1, @Silverofdreams30, @Puddinroy, @polrbear, and @coco

The problem is fixed! B)
    The process was a little complex, but I'll try to summarize what I did.
    1. I found the household that had the Arezzo counters attached. It was one of the two households that I'd downloaded in the last couple of days, just as I'd suspected. I looked at the sims3pack in Custard and there it was! I don't know how I missed it before. I hadn't expected it to be in that household, so maybe I forgot to look at that one. Turns out it was stuck on Marion St Claire. I was shocked to find it there because her creator is so careful about CC in his game. But that's how sneaky that Arezzo thing is!
    2. I fixed Marion's sims3pack with Custard by eliminating the Arezzo package and re-saving the file. Then I ran the new sims3pack through Delphy's MultiInstaller to convert it to a package file for easy installation.
    3. I found my back up Sims 3 folder from July 2017. I hadn't installed anything since then (and hadn't been playing much either), so that DCCache folder was almost identical to the current one. I knew the bad content was in my dcdb1.dbc file. (I had already gotten the bad CC out of my DCBackup folder.) To make sure though, I took everything out of my DCCache folder except that file (renaming it dcdb0 temporarily) and checked it in the launcher. Yes, the Arezzo item was there.
    4. So I put everything back into the DCCache folder except the infected file. I replaced that particular dbc file with the July 2017 back up, which contained everything else but the bad content. (It definitely pays to keep good backups!) When I checked in game, all traces of the Arezzo counters were gone!
    5. I also got rid of any saves that contained the "bad" Marion. Luckily, this was new game play, so I didn't lose a lot of progress. I went back to a save from the time just before Rexel met Marion. Then I installed the new "good" Marion. Everything is clean. I was so happy that I didn't have to lose her.

There was some backtracking to do for the household. I had to adopt the horses again, giving them the same traits and names, coloring them so they looked like the ones I had before. Marion got her Lifetime Wish changed again and rejoined the Photographer career. She needed to work on skills. And Rexel and she had to get to know one another all over again. They're at Friend level now, and have been flirting, so will soon be back to Romantic Interests. And I'll need to send them to China once more.

I guess it could have been much worse though. Thank goodness I was able to locate the bad file and fix it without tearing my whole game apart!

Helpful habits and lessons for me to remember:
    • Back up saves and other important folders any time I make changes to my game.
    • After installations, keep an eagle eye out for bad CC or other types of weirdness.
    • Solve the problem right away. Don't jeopardize my saves.
    • Think carefully before downloading or uploading CC of any kind.
    • And always check sims3packs in Custard BEFORE installing.

EDIT: What made this issue tricky was that even though I saw the Arezzo item in the Launcher, I couldn't uninstall it. I kept getting a message telling me it couldn't be uninstalled because of dependents. I tried so many ways to solve that, but the Launcher was just not my friend! >:)

Rexel says goodbye to Bad Marion in China before I banished her.
    w2nibZDqA4qmAl5Ymw1hyW5yT1gFaUm-vIW85UvtHRQ5hpRsn7CiWqGZ3ZwKuXWefgAk467yj9TMpJBBiYTQfrx3m2NAUITV0MQ39hEbGWj47hqm_MzwEZoIDLjHjugfgQcuPiddMdisq5AMDfLauvqMeEWE1ghIU3hiadIvOSP_3MfnDENFcGAKfLpYzhiLWls3GrhUpO2YxZef1LiyrvhEk0RspV0GC1rlYUP8Lf6fRP5rvqxCljEN0bhtsjcUm5lxSjK30erLgAdUFnnbzWOSlFHNrsvtiMJro_yN38RwA-RzYehBypFb1N2RuzP79QRew9UlUzsdMgfGW5s-8QE8sC03JXhZX5oKVUbqIStdrkqQnpFAzILNHU52P3TUOTnqehGGgYxXLCjT9WffSsmVD_pLbcbWUu04qGPeifRPlxpyKKtUQh6yTw91oo3ahwktkclzPlmeViXCpl_eYeWyCQZ58pjf53P7dX4rIj3pDHZodj-oi-llBV9CWiayh94ssx8pt7tG79v2JHFwZCTMqxoZwW4LW6IkMgc7DyuQPMIrWMM4r7Z5XH6MJNvfSGmEsBIuCRzTfGzDeLf1L7HwT5tX31rSj_iI0r8s=w1600-h896-no

He goes back in time and gets to know Good Marion all over again!
    AXRZ5UtoAvzGZ62eRZx6RQHbvxrFQ-5HO7Dd2UXR2d31M3uwC68RehGsNCSzdKg5vgbTBkP3LSEScXWAQsPEzLggjasD_X9wyFs_VQu9CFUtKotZPl_l03IxpEzDCOYRMCKsI1rX_x8XUdWnxr3KxscxEvlg-agQxH4lvra0ueBsaeXKSlcQ0sOKLXm1HZRh3hE5zM4Xs0IGSr_srpdWEBCpc4vzCjz6A5QC0q6ddoD8RQD0vkF9EUBG4t05I6xN3t4g5yVBkeeXZNC4pI6RCtn0Q-hFYQDzpcLx74UuENXWhbV-N0R_ujsSCx-91XrQArTP7AU_-X_ECqGmVkkqsbh1_OiIeuWGLqo7NfjrPF87fNgsqt9llRZ0J9pKAE67fxYPAqUevFfxTmnFTWJJDcm2ubcLJcffQCPqsw-tb13IhGuYZRWWwRGUGtuEG2z47n9DIuTj1_Utnp2nhd0Ti-lKcN8t3HllDjl4KQiR3tFFCbWYF39P6L5uxDHp1gZHYpWHg2IWnWa9L27kdGvsQVhXS8a-sKUaq4Q1-y5T9CKWAaOOmuC6eI-UFTO9Yv07TXODykeEhEs_X-CKo-taUbaZEoQx2CFgrgmfVfT3=w1600-h896-no
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,205 Member
    @polrbear whoa, can not even iamgine how anyone can handle that many sims lol.
    I think it is enough with 4-5 sims at the most. I tried 8 once and that was just
    too much for me.

@jillbg Sorry im late. nice update of your photos.
    Thank you .

@MamaSimTee Im sorry for your loss hugs

@Karritz Wonderful update

@OriginalMara Great update

@polrbear Nice update

@lanlyn Love your Rexel updates,
    they are so cute togheter.

@coco Thank you, yeah drawing an wall can not be too much fun the others
    inthe class seemed to draw more fun things haha.

@Mikezumi As always wonderful updates

• Options
    A few more pictures from me :smile:

Already for sale

29244679_10155413284251497_2636154036117569536_n.jpg?oh=19ca8d9bb7a6cf348aa714c3ae456d3f&oe=5B49CC57

Blackfriars

29216840_10155413284346497_8432469593301188608_o.jpg?oh=18f5b5680f08cf6fe257cc93ae338aa7&oe=5B40C7F0

Brutalism

29314447_10155413284496497_515896245936455680_o.jpg?oh=dbfcaf8ebb50a55c8e4f595ed19635a0&oe=5B492FB2

London's only beach

29257569_10155413284686497_5112796766432919552_o.jpg?oh=9751cabb089d94411bb2981223f2568d&oe=5B412802

Sicilian Avenue

29244732_10155413284896497_7145051497057746944_o.jpg?oh=9779a0b1550f4df78844be4c89dd590b&oe=5B32AE8A

Hotel Russell

29258623_10155413285226497_8206349757124182016_o.jpg?oh=9ec875feb32fe9b213e217b39b296801&oe=5B352BE1

Bar Food

29314768_10155413285276497_9137542750441308160_o.jpg?oh=6a620bb6d9d36d40557db7bb11f3e83c&oe=5B36E498

Bar Food

29339700_10155413285776497_3024076491609604096_o.jpg?oh=85972ffad9fdd8d6deb8e5262a676790&oe=5B3813A4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @lanlyn Glad you got it sorted. Sorry I was too focused on my own Sims 3 issues to comment on it before. Still can't get everything installed for some strange and crazy reason. 3 single items from packs won't install (no idea why) And 4 items from the Sims 3 community store that were bonus content and had to have codes put in wouldn't install from previously being added due to there expansion packs not being installed which was insane since they are.

But yes glad it worked out for you. I cannot be bothered attempting anymore tonight. Got my Sims 3 Save for Becca and Connor back into the game so I am content and played them for around half an hour tonight playing the game but still can't stop thinking about this stupid stuff that can't install. Oh well I can only do what I can do. Glad its working now for you.

@king_of_simcity7 nice pics looks like you had fun in England. Glad it went well for you and enjoy the rain. I love when its raining more than sunny days. The worse the weather the better in my opinion lol :P (yes I am a crazy weather person! Only thing I don't want to see is a tornado barelling towards my house lol)

Update Picture from Connor and Becca too! Their penthouse is slowly taking shape :)

Edit: The door will be explained next video lol :wink: Had to put that on as randoms were walking in and using there appartment so going to put a lock to household only unless guests are over as got sick of randoms walking in and using our produce/kitchen.

Gah appears I forgot to have the microphone in so no sound for this part so guess I will start from the next part lol :P All good I really don't mind I more wanted to test all was working anyway :) At least there is a picture update.

Oh and also Becca got her public disgrace from biting connor overturned at the city hall and won some money out of it. So have decided to leave that mod remover for the whoo hoo with an occult out of it for now. Will see how it goes. But yes enjoy at least I still have Becca and Connor after everything so I am happy (Getting attached to them lol :wink: as we all do)

Screenshot-4.jpg

Oh and BTW some people may have gotten an excessive amount of gifts cause it wasn't working properly on my end lol :P Appologies for that well guess its not a bad thing but still lesson learnt lol :open_mouth:@Puddinroy being one and @blazerntq being the other so enjoy your extra gifts :) If you didn't get any @blazerntq can you let me know and I will send one to you again when next allowed. And not sure if you would have got one with what was going on with my internet not saying it sent. Thanks
    Post edited by Sorceress on
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    @Sorceress Thanks I live in England anyway lol Luckily it didn't rain too much :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Sorceress Thanks I live in England anyway lol Luckily it didn't rain too much :smile:

Well I didn't know that but nice :) glad it worked out :)
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited March 2018
    @lanlyn congratulations on working out your problem with that Arezzo counter. It sounds like you got an older version of it if you could see it using Custard.

This is why I won't upload anything to the exchange now I've got CC on my computer. You never know when something strange and unexpected will happen in the background.

@Sorceress and @wendyyi1 I occasionally have various store venues vanish from my library. I got a bit tired of doing a new reinstall of store content to get them back. I had a little think about it and decided to do something a little different. I know that one of the SimGurus made a festival lot that doesn't appear in the library after it's been installed. I also know the fix for that is to find it's file in DCBackup and paste it into the library.

I took that hint and renamed my existing Sims 3 folder and forced the game to create a new one. Then I installed the missing venue - in this instance it was the Stones Throw Greenhouse. Since it was a brand new Sims 3 folder with only one item installed it was easy to identify the Stones Throw Greenhouse file in my DCBackup folder. I renamed it StonesThrowGreenhouse instead of keeping it's long numeric name. Then I copied it and pasted it to the library of my renamed Sims 3 folder.

Then I deleted the new Sims 3 folder and renamed my old Sims 3 folder so it was now called The Sims 3 and launched the game. Presto - the Stones Throw Greenhouse was then in my library when I went looking for it. This will work for anything that ought to be in the library.

@Silverofdreams30 thank you.

I just spotted Sally crossing the street and grabbed some pictures of her. She isn't dressed in a very flattering outfit but I don't control her so there's not much I can do about it. I thought of using Master Controller to take her into CAS but decided against it.

Here she is:

Sally003.jpg

Sally002.jpg

Sally001.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    NVM Response and message included to someone else below. Sorry
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Karritz wrote: »
    @lanlyn congratulations on working out your problem with that Arezzo counter. It sounds like you got an older version of it if you could see it using Custard.

This is why I won't upload anything to the exchange now I've got CC on my computer. You never know when something strange and unexpected will happen in the background.

@Sorceress and @wendyyi1 I occasionally have various store venues vanish from my library. I got a bit tired of doing a new reinstall of store content to get them back. I had a little think about it and decided to do something a little different. I know that one of the SimGuru made festival lots doesn't appear in the library after it's been installed. I also know the fix for that is to find it's file in DCBackup and paste it into the library.

I took that hint and renamed my existing Sims 3 folder and forced the game to create a new one. Then I installed the missing venue - in this instance it was the Stones Throw Greenhouse. Since it was a brand new Sims 3 folder with only one item installed it was easy to identify the Stones Throw Greenhouse file in my DCBackup folder. I renamed it StonesThrowGreenhouse instead of keeping it's long numeric name. Then I copied it and pasted it to the library of my renamed Sims 3 folder.

Then I deleted the new Sims 3 folder and renamed my old Sims 3 folder so it was now called The Sims 3 and launched the game. Presto - the Stones Throw Greenhouse was then in my library when I went looking for it. This will work for anything that ought to be in the library.

Can you explain this more?? I am missing the installed midnight Hollow festival Plot but other than 3 in game items which I am missing the rest is content that won't install in the first place. So I can't really look for it in the backup when it won't install?? Sorry am so tired and may have to look at this more in the morning as I am exhausted having only gotten 1 hours sleep last night. Will check back after a shower I really do appreciate all the help though. But think anything else fix wise will have to wait till I am not tired and don't have a headache from the tiredness.

Have NRAAS Overwatch and NRAAS Error Trap properly installed this time at least lol :persevere:
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited March 2018
    Karritz wrote: »

@Sorceress and @wendyyi1 I occasionally have various store venues vanish from my library. I got a bit tired of doing a new reinstall of store content to get them back. I had a little think about it and decided to do something a little different. I know that one of the SimGuru made festival lots doesn't appear in the library after it's been installed. I also know the fix for that is to find it's file in DCBackup and paste it into the library.

Can you explain this more?? I am missing the installed midnight Hollow festival Plot but other than 3 in game items which I am missing the rest is content that won't install in the first place. So I can't really look for it in the backup when it won't install?? Sorry am so tired and may have to look at this more in the morning as I am exhausted having only gotten 1 hours sleep last night. Will check back after a shower I really do appreciate all the help though. Have NRAAS Overwatch and NRAAS Error Trap properly installed this time at least lol :persevere:

Specifically -

If you've installed the Midnight Hollow Festival Lot then

1. Go into your DCBackup folder
    2. Find a file named 0x8d53e630fb04dbb642f6a16f6c61ebbf
    3. Copy it
    4. Paste it into your library folder
    5. Relaunch The Sims 3

You will now see the MH festival lot in you library.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,205 Member
    Here is another update

[img][/img]HARNQUI.jpg

I sent Bree nad Darrel to the library Saturday morning

[img][/img]79Mgb3J.jpg

Darrel had the lowest entrance score of them all to unviersity,
    so I have him studying even on weekends poor guy. I know
    it does not count but yeah anyway. Bree kept him company.

[img][/img]dIcNmTc.jpg

[img][/img]4SmiRHG.jpg

Then they went to the Bowling place , its funny how they both choosed
    different poo ltables but I had darrel go up and join her game.

[img][/img]wRCp2VY.jpg

Anoki Moon ( my edited version) was there if you remember
    my early times legacy save, I had my then sim Crystal having a couple kids
    with him good genes.

All for now

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top